Name Three Things - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 and Winchester Winchester
Thanks for thinking about me. I am feeling much better. Got a muscle relaxer from my doctor, which helped. Took it easy this weekend.
I just did the minimum for Geoffrey and me.

Today will be another easy day— no lifting, except for refilling the litter box. I will be careful with that.

Woke up to 1/2 of the litter on the litter mat! Geoffrey is such a hard kicker. Swept up what I could, putting it back in the box.

Today:
Regular morning stuff
Car
Nothing else- will watch more of: The Crown
Reheat leftovers for supper

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
artiemom artiemom My husband's back is often sore, now that he is doing exercises to improve flexibility and strength after he fell early in October and fractured his L1 vertebrae. Sort of like a homemade kitten heat pack, I made him a heat pack using dried corn from the feed store - a piece of blue jean leg cut so it fits in the microwave, loosely filled with dried corn so neither stiff as a board or so loose that it is fabric to fabric when folded. Heat for 2 minutes in microwave, remove, shake, flip over, heat for 2 minutes more. Warms up very nicely, stays warm amazingly long.

Does not smell like popcorn. Can also use rice or dried beans but they are both food, and I was happy to use deer corn, what the hunters put out.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 it was fun, thank you :) I don't have much of a serve but otherwise I'm improving each time out there.:woohoo:

Tonight, cleaned up kitchen after dinner

I'll watch some television, and the fish

Gave them a little dried bloodworm for a treat :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Furballsmom Furballsmom I never had much of a serve when I used to play tennis but I did have an ok backhand. Glad you got to
get out and about.

artiemom artiemom Hope your back is better.

• Boxes
  • tea
  • Going through paperwork and throwing out a lot. Going to read after my helper is gone.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Well, I blew it yesterday. I completely forgot that we were going down to watch our GS play basketball after school. (I asked Rick yesterday morning if he wanted shrimp for dinner last night and he said, "Are you cooking it at 9:00 tonight?" When I gave him that look -- my 'What the heck are you talking about?' look -- he said, "Basketball?" Ohhhhhh! Ok.) We left the house at 1:30 (2.5-hour drive one way) and got back around 8 or so last night. They lost by 3 points. And we stopped at a Wendy's on the way home. Didn't get much done at all yesterday, other than the laundry. So that means that today....
  • Must hit Target for meds (didn't get it done yesterday)
  • A vacuum and swiffer about the house (didn't get it done yesterday)
  • Breakfast for the girls, walked 4 miles, and am drinking my morning coffee (two cups today as I'm chilly and sleepy and can't stop yawning). Rick emptied the dishwasher before he went into work (union stuff). just got back home, and will scoop when he's done with his iced coffee.
  • The shed company is working on our shed story and needs more pictures of the inside of the shed as we were working on it last summer. I sent a bunch of pictures to them and they can chose what they want. They want more pictures of the inside of the finished shed, too. They also wanted contractor and electrician information; hopefully our guys can get some publicity for the work they did.
And that will be our Tuesday.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i'll wash the dishes, and scoop the litter boxes. i'll also make a loaf of bread machine bread, and will split a package of black forest ham cold cuts into portions then freeze. i'll pull out the recipe for sloppy joes, and start getting organized for making that. that's all i've got planned for today, but i may come across other things that need doing.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester Sounds like they really love your shed!!!
micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom Sloppy Joes sound really good!

• Boxes
  • Lots of tea
  • Going to take it easy today. Daniel picked me up after my helper left yesterday and we got food from McDonald's. We talked for a few hours. First time we've been able to do so since he was here a year ago as there has always been someone else there. He's like me; likes to talk with no tv nor phone. He's going to make a nice dinner on Thursday. Rode in his new used car, a Jetta. I liked being able to control the temp on my side of the car and it was a fairly bump-less drive, unlike Nicole's Jeep. I'm sore this morning but it was worth it.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 I hope so! I sent them a ton of pictures! Sounds like you had a really nice time with Daniel. Rick's sister and BIL have a Jetta and they really like it. Hope you heal from your trip soon.

Tired this morning. Amber was in fine form throughout the night, so we didn't get much in the way of good sleep. All I do is yawn. Rick got up, took The Beast out to pee, came back in the house, and hit the couch.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, walked 3 miles, and am drinking my morning coffee. I'll scoop in a little while. Need to raise the blinds in the shed, too.
  • I need to feed my sourdough starter this morning; this batch hasn't died on me....yet. And since I really hate to just toss the sourdough discards and since I'm thinking about sourdough soft pretzels, I may make some pretzels. Or English muffins. Haven't decided which yet. Either way, I'm going to bake something.
  • Reading is also on my agenda for this afternoon. I got Twisted Twenty-six (Stephanie Plum/Janet Evanovich) from the library last night (ebook).
ETA: I need to call the garage. When Rick drove the Tucson to Pittsburgh, on the way home, the Tire sign on the dashboard flashed twice. Then it went off and stayed off. These tires are six weeks old, so it's not a tire problem. Then the gas gauge went up to Full, even though he only had about 140 miles left in the tank. It's still on Full. There's something funky going with electronically, so I'll have to make an appt. The Tucson is now 8 years old, so I'm sure it's at the point where it will start costing us an arm and a leg. Yay....not.

Last edited:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I have been so busy the last few days I would have had way more than three things on my list. Mostly out shopping and also returning a bunch of things I bought but didn’t use or like. One thing I found that I wasn’t expecting was some wall art for the bathroom (pics to come after the shower glass goes in tomorrow) and got it hung. Today I am continuing my rather urgent quest for Caffeine free Diet Dr. Pepper. Seems the entire city is out of it and I am down to a single 12 pack.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I went to the ER last night after class and didn't get home until 2am, so technically that counts as today. I went in because my leg has been swelling and I wanted to make sure I wasn't experiencing a blood clot or something. Everything came back normal and it's likely that I just hurt it but didn't realize it.
I wasn't going to go to work, but I decided to go in later since I was going to be leaving early because I had an appointment with a mortgage broker. So that is the third thing I did. I got pre-approved for a mortgage. :biggrin:

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Let's see - usual feed, scoop, wash, etc
Went to the every Wednesday knitting group where I
1) passed on two simple plain glass vases that the garden club will use to make arrangements given to a member as thanks for special help or condolences or something (there's "cross pollination with a couple of garden club members in the knitting group)
2) gave a DIY dry corn heating pack to my friend who has had back surgery. Instant reward - she needle felts little birds and animals. Brought two foxes that someone had requested. That person only wanted one, I wanted to buy the other. And she gave it to me as thanks for the hot pack. How nice is that! Next December I'll put him with the tomten.
and
3) went into the woodland garden where I found snowdrops and hellebores in bloom.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
susanm9006 susanm9006 Hope you can find your fave drink!
Winchester Winchester Did Amber squawk the entire night? Thank you, still feeling a bit rough but managing.
MonaLyssa33 MonaLyssa33 Congrats on the mortgage approval? Do you have a style of home you'd like? Glad your leg is ok.
C catapault The woodland garden sounds nice. Is that yours?

• Boxes
  • Tea x 3 cold morning
  • Washed 2 loads of throws. Helper has been in a foul mood all week. Last Thursday and Friday, she was so much fun, didn't complain, laughed, etc. When she came in Monday she was Mr. Hyde. much yawning and drippy nose, sigh... I've slowly been removing knots from Callie and she also has the worst dandruff I've ever seen on a cat. Mush put coconut oil on Kiwi and it went away so I'm going to buy some.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Yes, Amber has started yelling. A lot. And it's annoying. It seems that, as our cats get older, they start yelling. Every cat we've ever had has done this. It's probably her thyroid as that seems to be common. But the meds really don't help her much and she's always hungry. It could also be a bit of dementia that's creeping in. She was just to the vet about three months ago and she was fine then. We've made a vet appt for her, but it's still about a month away. Sometimes she'll sleep pretty much through the night; other times, she yells throughout the night. She's gotten really bad from about 4:00 on until we get up at around 6:00.
  • Breakfast for the girls, walked 3 miles, and drinking my coffee. I need to raise the blinds in the shed. Rick emptied the dishwasher and it's his turn to scoop.
  • I have a load of kitty stuff in the washer now
  • Supernatural tonight and I think tonight is the season finale of Evil
Rick is taking the union's laptop and printer into work this afternoon. I have everything ready to go. If they have any trouble, they can call me and I'll run in, too.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 Yes, woodland garden is all mine, complete with weeds, fallen branches, unraked leaves. And flowers.
BelleWood in Bloom_2020-01_Galanthus nivalis Atkinsii.jpg
Here is the Galanthus nivalis 'Atkinsii' that I saw yesterday, and
BelleWood in Bloom_2020-01Helleborus xericsmithii.jpg
the Helleborus x ericsmithii

I am hoping for more by Sunday, because February 2nd is Imbolc, halfway between winter solstice and spring equinox

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks Mia6 Mia6 . After striking out finding my soda anywhere in the Mpls-St Paul area, I finally found some to order online across the border in Wisconsin. So today after shower glass install (which is happening right now 😄😄😄), I will make the 20 mile drive to pick up my order. I have to have Caffeine free and diet so not a lot of other choices I like in soda.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
My final post regarding my bathroom, with pictures. Before the reno it was a worn out 60 year old 4 x 8 space divided up into two rooms, a shower room and the toilet room, both tiny, claustrophobic and impossible to clean. It was gutted and the wall removed so that it feels much more open. And now it looks like this.
2B82754E-9454-4194-9E3B-4D48BAB77E04.jpeg
56600740-EA97-4F5E-9BB8-A2A42D834887.jpeg
DC5271C3-F242-4070-B2E5-1BAADE9297EB.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.