Name Three Things - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

rgwanner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
1. boxes (of course - the name 3 things should exclude boxes since probably everyone on the site does that)
2. brought in 5 tubs of litter Chewy dropped at my door.
3. Bought chair rail and crown molding which will be installed tomorrow hopefully.l

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
happy birthday, Winchester Winchester !! :bday:

today i'll wash the dishes, and scoop the litter boxes. i'll make a loaf of bread machine bread, and make some liters of soda. i'll also pull out a recipe for Braised Pork Ragu, pull out some cans of diced tomatoes, and move some pork cubes to the fridge to thaw. i've started 'putting up for the hot summer months'.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom You certainly know how to make the most of food, canning, freezing etc!
Winchester Winchester Pam, did you and the kids have birthday party. with food, cake, and the Beast
leading the Conga line?

1579948477837.png
1579948527715.png

• Boxes
  • Tea
  • Washing throws now, then clothing, smalls last. Would like to walk to the Gelato shoppe, we'll see how it goes.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you for the birthday wishes! :grouphug: to all of you! No birthday party, although I did buy a Pepperidge Farm coconut cake for myself.

It's just pouring rain here this morning. But I'm glad that it's rain and not snow or freezing rain, although I understand that snow could mix in here and there this afternoon. Amber started yelling this morning around 2:45. I wasn't dealing with her. Molli was in the bedroom, so I shut her up there, grabbed my keys and walked out to the shed. By that time, I was wide awake (and really angry with her antics), so I couldn't go back to sleep. I watched a bit of tv until 6:00, came back into the house, took The Beast out for a pee, and fed the cats. I just made up my mind that I wasn't dealing with Amber this morning. Let her scream. (And we can't let Molli and Muffin in the house together without shutting one cat in a room; this time it was Molli.)
  • Took The Beast out to pee, breakfast for the girls, stripped the bed and put the sheets in the washer, and am sitting back here with my morning coffee. Rick just texted me, I walked out to the kitchen and The Beast pooped all over the kitchen and living room. And I just had her outside! I'm doing a lot of muttering under my breath this morning. I steam-cleaned the damn floor yesterday.
  • I'll walk a couple miles when I'm done with my coffee. And must scoop boxes, too. I need to run the dishwasher.
  • I bought a Shark Navigator yesterday for the shed. Got it home, put it together, and did a test run through the house. Unless I'm doing something wrong (which is entirely possible....you know me), it doesn't do a great job on cat litter on bare floors. It did fine on the carpet, a great job with pet hair. Rick can look at it when he gets home. We had been looking for stick vacuums, but the only thing Target really had was Dyson sticks and I wasn't paying that amount of money.
So I'm not in a very good mood this morning and am ready to put dog and cats in a shelter. Ok, not really, but my attitude this morning isn't very charitable toward any of them, including Rick. He's in Pittsburgh, so I'm the one who had to deal with their stupidity. Again. :fuming:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Having a quiet morning resting up before going to moms to clean and deliver stuff. She has guests tomorrow so it will be a marathon clean plus I literally have my whole trunk and part of the back seat full of things I had to pick up for her and most of them, like litter and soda are heavy to haul in. I used to have this stuff delivered but can’t trust her any more to answer the door. Anyway, that kind of a day but it will be over in a few hours

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Still taking it easy. Back pain this week. It has improved considerably. A very strong muscle spasm. I could literally feel the knot on my left lower side of spine. It seemed as if my left leg lost length: a couple inches shorter than the right.

Rest in bed, recliner, Advil, Tylenol, heating pad. Dr prescribed muscle relaxer.

It a rainy day— strong rain later this afternoon.

Going to 4pm mass — during the beginning of the rain period, so I can come home take care of back, and sleep in tomorrow.

I just washed dishes, scooped, cuddled with Geoffrey- on the bed, taking a break now. Then shower and a quick vacuum for all the litter.

Listening to Pandora. Will turn on Netflix, later.

Watching waves churn up on the shore.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Still taking it easy. Back pain this week. It has improved considerably. A very strong muscle spasm. I could literally feel the knot on my left lower side of spine. It seemed as if my left leg lost length: a couple inches shorter than the right.
Hope you feel better. :hugs:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
artiemom artiemom I hope you're doing better today. :hugs:

Rick got home from Pittsburgh, safe and sound, around 4:00 Saturday afternoon. Thankfully, he didn't have to deal with sleet or freezing rain, even coming across the mountain. We had texted yesterday morning and I told him my dog and cat tale of woe. He told the guy he was with, "Well, I'm on my wife's poop list; I don't think I'll be texting her anymore today!"

And of course, this morning everybody was on their absolute best behavior! No Beast poop in the kitchen or living room, Amber didn't screech once, and life was good. I told Rick, that was it. He's not allowed to go anywhere anymore; the girls behave better when he's home. (Alas, he's already planning his trip to Vegas in the fall.)
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and I'm drinking my morning coffee. I'll scoop the boxes in a little while and then go out to the shed to raise the blinds.
  • Rick brought my spices and seasonings home, so I'll transfer everything to their proper jars in the spice cabinets. Fresh spices smell wonderful! Rick even loves the Penzey store. He took the guy who went with him to the meeting to Penzey's and the guy just stood there and sniffed....that's what I do every time I walk into a Penzey!
  • The union's laptop came yesterday. I asked the President (who was with Rick yesterday) what he wanted done: whether he wanted me to make sure the laptop was OK and get everything working or if he wanted to do it. He told me check it out, get a good password on the thing, make sure I had the union's email working properly, all that good stuff. He also told me to go ahead and buy a printer. When I have that, I can go up and put it all together in the office. (I'm a big union supporter, so anything I can do to help the union, I'll willingly and cheerfully do.)
  • I want to clean in the shed and take care of the plants.
And I think that will be my Sunday.

Oh, BTW, I know I tend to talk about Dear Richard in my posts. If you would prefer I not say anything, just tell me. I won't be offended. It's a little difficult to talk about my day when he's such a big part of it! But I can do it. I've been wanting to mention that, but kept forgetting about it.

Last edited:

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
artiemom artiemom I hope you're doing better today. :hugs:

Rick got home from Pittsburgh, safe and sound, around 4:00 Saturday afternoon. Thankfully, he didn't have to deal with sleet or freezing rain, even coming across the mountain.

And of course, this morning everybody was on their absolute best behavior! No Beast poop in the kitchen or living room, Amber didn't screech once, and life was good. I told Rick, that was it. He's not allowed to go anywhere anymore; the girls behave better when he's home. (Alas, he's already planning his trip to Vegas in the fall.)
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and I'm drinking my morning coffee. I'll scoop the boxes in a little while and then go out to the shed to raise the blinds.
  • Rick brought my spices and seasonings home, so I'll transfer everything to their proper jars in the spice cabinets. Fresh spices smell wonderful! Rick even loves the Penzey store. He took the guy who went with him to the meeting to Penzey's and the guy just stood there and sniffed....that's what I do every time I walk into a Penzey!
  • The union's laptop came yesterday. I asked the President (who was with Rick yesterday) what he wanted done: whether he wanted me to make sure the laptop was OK and get everything working or if he wanted to do it. He to💝ld me check it out, get a good password on the thing, make sure I had the union's email working properly, all that good stuff. He also told me to go ahead and buy a printer. When I have that, I can go up and put it all together in the office. (I'm a big union supporter, so anything I can do to help the union, I'll willingly and cheerfully do.)
  • I want to clean in the shed and take care of the plants.
And I think that will be my Sunday.

Oh, BTW, I know I tend to talk about Dear Richard in my posts. If you would prefer I not say anything, just tell me. I won't be offended. It's a little difficult to talk about my day when he's such a big part of it! But I can do it. I've been wanting to mention that, but kept forgetting about it.
I LOVE hearing about Rick and the family stuff!! I always feel good after I've read your 3 things!!💝

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
  • Boxes
  • Tea
  • Took rubbish out, washed a few smalls and will also put in a few throws. Callie's bum area is so nice and clean now. Will watch Clear and Present Danger as it has to be returned to the library by tomorrow because there is a hold on it.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Furballsmom Furballsmom How was your tennis match?
artiemom artiemom Feeling any better?

• Boxes
  • Tea
  • Put in a load of throws, worked on my cuticles, what mess they are; I've been using organic argon oil that Nicole gave me and they've improved in two days. My hair is dry as a bone from the central heating so I did a good conditioning this morning. One of my docs swears my organic coconut oil for all moisturizing. It's very expensive but I thought I'd try some that is not organic. Cal need a good conditioning as well.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
artiemom artiemom How are you feeling this morning?

Got the laptop working and everything is set up. I "killed" OneDrive because it's such a pain in the butt to deal with. I had killed it on my computer, too. Rick can take the laptop into work tomorrow morning.
  • Breakfast for the girls, walked 3 miles, put the second of three loads of laundry in the washer, and am drinking my morning coffee. I'll go out to the shed to raise the blinds in a bit. Rick's turn to empty the dishwasher and scoop the boxes.
  • We must hit Target to pick up meds
  • A bit of a vacuum and swiffer about the house

Status
Not open for further replies.