Name Three Things - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koveshnikov

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Mia6, do you have the opportunity to hire a better assistant? Sherry is terrible, in our opinion :(

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Mia6, do you have the opportunity to hire a better assistant? Sherry is terrible, in our opinion :(
I would ask the agency for someone else but they are so short-staffed there would be no one. I don't
pay for this myself, the state does because I am disabled. Believe me when I tell you if I could pay for
my own help, this nonsense wouldn't be happening.

I thank you and Nicky for your concern:hugs::thanks:

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
  • Boxes
  • Los of tea as it's in the 20s, a damp bitter cold.
  • may start some laundry, my entrapped right ulnar nerve is acting up so I need to baby it and keep it straight as possible. even though I had a big dinner I am so hungry now. May have a PBJ.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 I'm so sorry you're dealing with pain and trying to keep everything caught up. It's a damn shame that your "helper" won't do her job.

We got through the night with no trouble; Rick kept the portable heaters on in the living room, but slept on the couch to make sure the heaters were Ok. We didn't get below 62 F in the house. Electrician is coming in late this afternoon to see what's going on. Oh, and the oven light bit the dust, too. I had another oven bulb, so I switched them out and have light again.
  • Breakfast for the girls, walked 3 miles, raised the blinds in the shed, and am sitting back here with my morning coffee. Rick did the dishwasher and will scoop in a few minutes. I think the African violets are adapting well to the shed. I've never seen such large blooms on those plants. I never did transplant them yet and now there's another baby in one of the planters. So now I've got three plants in each of the planters. And, except for the baby, every plant is blooming like crazy! African violets must just love being tight.
  • Vacuum and a swiffer around the house today
  • Work on a grocery list

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today the not-every-day (feed cats and people, scoop litter box, etc) includes
1) wash bed sheets and remake bed
2) finish editing images from yesterday's firehouse barbecue and create, then upload entry for my website
3) braise dry marinated pork neck bones and beans for dinner

Also need to keep fire going in wood stove because baby it is cold outside.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry you're dealing with pain and trying to keep everything caught up. It's a damn shame that your "helper" won't do her job.
Thank you, Pam. Hope that pesky migraine has quelled. She came in yesterday, sat down, yawned and wiped her nose incessantly for a half hour before she went to the store. Yawning and drippy nose=withdrawal symptoms from opiates. This occurs about once every
ten days or so. She was my aide for 2 days in May of 2018. Another aide after her told me that she took oxycodone recreation-ally.
I don't normally listen to gossip but with what's going on, I now believe her. Oh well, I hope she found some yesterday, ha!!

• Boxes
  • I'm on my third cup of tea, this one Lemon Zinger
  • Started some smalls, keeping warm is my goal for the day and finishing The Mountain Between Us, throwing out old paperwork.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Rick's been working on cleaning stuff out of our filing cabinet to make room for new stuff. Yesterday was a somber afternoon because he got to all the vet's paperwork for our kids. He decided to get rid of the paperwork for our kids that are no longer with us. A lot of sadness. But it had to be done. And we still have their ashes and pictures. And our memories.
  • Breakfast for the girls, walked two miles, and am sitting back here with my morning coffee. I'll go out to raise the blinds in the shed for the plants. Rick went to bed; his sinuses are doing a number this morning. I'll go ahead and scoop the boxes today, since he's not feeling well.
  • Still working on that grocery list; we're going to have to grab some groceries either today or tomorrow as the canned cat food is getting low.
  • Hoping the electrician is able to come in today with the new register.
I think that's pretty much it for our Tuesday.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Gym this morning and then I am going to attempt to brave the DMV to renew my license and get a TSA approved “real ID”. Minnesota dragged their feet and our licenses will no longer be accepted by the TSA. Do have a passport but might as well get the ID. This afternoon I am planning on continuing to work on my room, this time, cleaning out drawers.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
  • Boxes
  • Lots of tea
  • Keeping warm is a goal without drying my skin out. I'm going to buy a small humidifier and keep it where I'm at in the house. I've been itching like crazy even using strong moisturizers. I've been told Aveno makes a product that you add to bath water that is very effective. Cal just went out now for the first time since Friday. I put a warm blanket on the deck that I had in dryer for a few mins so she could scope things out, but I doubt she'll be out long.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Still without heat in the living room, except for the portable heaters. Rick spent another night on the couch to keep an eye on the heaters. Electrician is supposed to get back here this afternoon. It was 17 F when Rick took The Beast out for her morning pee.
  • Breakfast for the girls, my turn to empty the dishwasher, and I'm sitting back here with my coffee. I'll scoop in a little while and I also have to raise the blinds in the shed.
  • Must grab a few groceries, basically cat food.
  • Trash night tonight
ETA: I did get two miles in so far this morning. I needed my coffee first today.

Last edited:

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm late getting started. It's so cold out that we just snuggled under the wool comforter and overslept. Showered, fed the cats, got the fire started in the stove, made by coffee - I do love my moka pot - and set up his breakfast. This morning I will
1) go to the Wednesday morning knitting and coffee klatch at the cafe in town
2) go to the IGA for milk, bagels, etc
3) finish the fire station bbq entry for my web site and upload it
4) start on the book review entry - a quite nice book on ferns indoors and out arrived from the publisher yesterday

and see what else the day throws in my path

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester Yikes, Pam!! Stay warm! Did your heat get fixed in the living room?

• Boxes
  • Tea, a lot!
  • Put a load of throws in. Cal had so many knots so I cut out most of them, the others I sort of peeled like you would peel a banana and with a gentle tug, they came right out. There are only a few more left. I need a better brush for her. I think I'll watch Dead Calm today, one of my fave movies that I borrowed from the library and then maybe Primal Fear, another fave. Must rest my right arm where the entrapped ulnar nerve is located. I am not ready for the surgery to correct it, called a transposition. There is a chance it could make my all over pain worse and I'm not ready to take that chance.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 No, but the electrician just called and said he's on his way to us. He's been super busy and there were people with no heat; at least we had the portable heaters. Those people had nothing. We can't complain. Nobody here is freezing to death. I don't blame you for not wanting surgery just yet. I wish you weren't in so much pain. :hugs:
  • Breakfast for the girls, walked 3 miles, threw the second of two loads of laundry in the washer, and raised the blinds in the shed. I'm sitting back here with my coffee.
  • We didn't make it for groceries yesterday; Rick got called into work for union stuff and pretty much spent the day there. We'll go today after the electrician leaves. We must also go to the bank to cash my paycheck from last week; we didn't get it done yet. And then a Target run to pick up meds for The Beast.
  • A quick vacuum and swiffer throughout the house.
  • Supernatural tonight (I also watch Evil, but I think the season finale is next week)
  • Must work on a Penzey list. Rick is going to Pittsburgh tomorrow and the Penzey store is only a few blocks from his hotel. He said he'd grab a few things for me.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
We finally made it for groceries yesterday. The electrician was here to install a new register and we left after he finished. We also had some errands to run, so it worked.

Today is my birthday and I really wanted to take a drive down to the Green Dragon and then go to Shady Maple for dinner. Not to be. Dear Richard is leaving this morning for Pittsburgh for a union thing and will be back on Saturday afternoon. I did get bday cards from him, from the kibble-krunchers, and from The Beast. And Happy Birthday texts are coming in. But still..... The good news? For the first time in....how many years?......it's not snowing! It always snows on my birthday! Always!
  • Breakfast for the girls, walked two miles, and am sitting back here with my morning coffee
  • Jackie pooped on the kitchen floor during the night; that's the first time ever and we're not sure why. Rick had taken her out around 10 last night. I cleaned it up with cleanser, but I still have that ick! factor, so I'm going to wait until Rick leaves and then I'm going to steam-clean the kitchen floor. And while I'm at it, I might as well do the bathroom floor, too.
  • So I think I'm going to clean the house today. It's really not too bad, but if I'm going to steam-clean, I might as well clean-clean. I can take the day and rip through the house.
  • I'll probably hit the shed tonight to watch a movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.