Name Three Things - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Furballsmom Furballsmom Espresso custards sound interesting! How were they?

We had horrid wind overnight and it's still kicking; the cold front smashed through our area. First thing we did this morning was go out and check our trees; we are really paranoid since we lost all those trees the other year due to wind and saturated ground. We're fine this time around. Whew! Hope those of you in the path of the wind also are doing OK. It's nasty; we had gusts of 50 mph during the night. Still windy this morning, but it's to die back down mid-morning and the sun is shining. We were in the 60s yesterday (unheard of!), but will slowly drop back to the 40s during today.
  • Breakfast for the girls, walked 2 miles, sorted laundry, and threw the second load of laundry in the washer. Raised the blinds in the shed and am sitting back here with my coffee. I'll need to scoop boxes.
  • A quick wipe-down of the kitchen and bathroom
  • We're going to visit with Rick's mom for a while tonight. I want to make sure her Kindle is OK for her and, if it's OK, I'll download more e-books from the library. She hasn't called me about the Kindle this week, so I'm thinking it's working.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
  • Boxes
  • Tea and Cocoa
  • Washed some smalls, and throws, may have another cocoa. I have good movies from the library

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • Breakfast for the girls, walked 3 miles, raised the blinds in the shed, and am sitting back here with my morning coffee. Rick emptied the dishwasher and will scoop later on.
  • Do a load of towels and a load of kitty linens
  • Vacuum and a quick swiffer through the living room and kitchen

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Had an unexpected day off yesterday because my mom wasn’t up to me coming, so I spent it putting tools and things away and vacuuming construction dust from pretty much everywhere. I also finished the cubby I built to store rolls of toilet paper, a little convenience for a small bathroom. I think it turned out great.

Up early this am waiting on the plumber to put in final shower fixtures. Tomorrow morning it is the electrician and then I am DONE with strangers traipsing in and out.
184C5DC1-0384-4C09-A923-A64356A62B12.jpeg

Last edited:

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
  • Boxes
  • Tea
  • List for Sherry, started a load of clothing. She's picking up Nachos Supreme from TBell for my breakfast, yum!

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Fed fish, moved the filter to the other side of the divided tank, did a small water change

Fed Poppycat, fresh water, got his milk thistle in him :) and cleaned litter boxes

Now I'm sitting in an oral surgeon's office. Their waiting room chairs aren't good for sitting in for any length of time but since I'm not the one getting the dental work done, I s'pose I shouldn't complain lol

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Now I'm sitting in an oral surgeon's office. Their waiting room chairs aren't good for sitting in for any length of time but since I'm not the one getting the dental work done, I s'pose I shouldn't complain lol
Good! There is nothing pleasant about being the one sitting in the chair at an oral surgeons office.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
  • Boxes
  • Tea
  • Going to have some cocoa and put a load of throws in before Sherry comes.I'm going to have her cook the hot Italian sausage I got from Giant Eagle. Theirs is pretty good, not quite as tasty as the stuff from the import store but that is not close by. Will read later on. Callie is having her morning nap right beside me, making those adorable sounds, sometimes they sound like chirps, ha!!

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i'll wash the dishes, and scoop the litter boxes. i'll make a loaf of bread machine bread, and make some liters of soda, too.

i'll slice/wrap/label/freeze the pans of fudge i made yesterday -- carob orange, and a 'chunky bar' (with dried cranberries, raisins, and walnuts) version. every so often (and only in the fall, winter, or spring -- not during the hot weather months), i'll make a variety of fudge varieties, freeze them, and then enjoy them occasionally. i usually will have a small piece after my lunch.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom I admire your ability to have just a small piece of your fudge or of your other baked products! You have a will of iron! Kudos! (I was doing well until Rick told me on Sunday night that there was still a freezer container of sand tarts in the freezer from Christmas; I dearly love sand tarts and I swear those cookies called out to me. Finally broke down yesterday afternoon and had a couple -- or more. I have no willpower some days. Now I'll be fine for a while and, hopefully Rick will get them eaten before they "call" me again.)

Rick was out in the shed yesterday working on the laptop, getting his stuff in order for the union meeting on Thursday. He texted me to turn on the printer. I walked back to the computer room and turned on the printer; in a minute or two, it started spitting out his pages. We weren't sure we'd be able to print from the shed to the printer in the house, but it worked beautifully.
  • Breakfast for the girls, walked 4 miles, and am sitting back here with my morning coffee. Rick went into work this morning and will run some errands (post office, bank, etc.) for the union on his way home. I need to raise the blinds in the shed and scoop boxes.
  • We're going to grab a few groceries this morning, mainly canned cat food and cleaning supplies (got a Chewy order yesterday for food for The Beast and a big bag of Friskies Indoor Delights for the kibble-krunchers)
  • I want to start working in the basement: putting things away, looking at things and sorting for trash, possible yard sale, etc. I was talking to me sister and I think we're looking at a mid-July two-day yard sale. She has a ton of stuff and so do we.
And that will be my day.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
e. Finally broke down yesterday afternoon and had a couple -- or more. I have no willpower some days. Now I'll be fine for a while and, hopefully Rick will get them eaten before they "call" me again.)
.:lol:

I have those days. I have a coconut cake from Pepperidge Farm that's "calling": to me.
It's pretty good. Not like Ina's but good

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, sometimes things don’t go quite right. After waiting two hours into my electricians arrival window I called to check on eta and they couldn’t find my appointment. But now I am in for a 11:00 to 1:00 arrival so looks like a chunk of the day spent waiting. I did get the driveway snowblowed earlier this morning and now I am working on straightening closets. It’s something I enjoy and it passes time quickly.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Winchester Winchester , in case you're able to get Rick's mom to change to audio books, and would be interested in this, I just saw a "sign up for free listen for less" website called Chirp.

Clean catboxes
Scoop up a " deposit" outside
Update computers with a big new update from Microsoft

Koveshnikov

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
change of seals on the windows of both our houses :) tasting chicken stew according to my recipe in a local diner :) walk around the town with cats :)change of seals on the windows of both our houses :) tasting chicken stew according to my recipe in a local diner :) walk around the town with cats :)

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Celebrating the things I didn’t have to do this morning. Didn’t need to make the bed, pick up the bedroom or wait for anyone’s arrival. I am instead drinking coffee, going to the gym and maybe doing some shopping. I do have to keep an eye out for post office delivery this afternoon because I have a bottle of my favorite lotion coming as a celebration gift for the bathroom’s completion.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Furballsmom Furballsmom Thanks for the heads up. I'll talk to her again, but so far, she's pretty adamant.

Just got home from the vet. Nothing wrong with our kids. My co-worker texted me this morning at 6:30 that he was at the Emergency Vet with one of his cats. I texted him back with an "On my way!" and got there about 30 minutes later. They did blood work and suggested that he take the cat down to his regular vet to be admitted for more tests. They think he might have lymphoma. We went down to his regular vet, they admitted the cat and will do more tests; the cat will stay there overnight tonight for IV fluids. We should know something tonight. I asked Bob to please call me as soon as he hears anything from the vet. He's taking the day off work because he's worried about his other cat being alone all day. Those cats are his babies and he'd do anything for them.
  • Breakfast for the girls and then met Bob at the Emergency Vet this morning. Just got home and drank a quick mug of coffee. (Rick emptied the dishwasher and scooped boxes; it was my day, but he figured he'd do it.)
  • It's supposed to be a fairly nice day today, so we may go outside and get some work done. (Kind of the calm before the Saturday storm.)
  • Trash night tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.