Name Three Things - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester and Mia6 Mia6
Thanks for the well wishes.. Yes, back is so much better!! almost like normal! thank you again..

Nothing special today. feeling bored.
Regular morning stuff
See if I can put some extra litter in Geoffrey's box
Go outside a bit... maybe a little walk around the parking lot.
Order some food from Chewy

A Christmas Gift, I ordered is arriving today. I do not even know what this holidays season will be like; but, I saw this, Angel and thought of her... so .......

The rest will probably be gift cards... last minute stuff.. Have to start early, due to finances..

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
artiemom artiemom I keep an empty quart yogurt container in the 35 pound tub of Tidy Cat litter. It is easy to scoop out 3 or 4 quarts of litter and toss it into the litter pan, as needed. Would that sort of method work for you?

1) Load of laundry swishing around in clothes washer

Last night we had hamburgers on buns and a broccoli, green pea, red onion salad. I've been turning a blind eye to the oven (there's a broiler in its "roof") but it is time to clean. So before I went upstairs to bed I sprayed it. That means today I need to

2) thoroughly wipe down oven with damp wet towels and reassemble shelves and their side wall supports, then
3) wash raggedy towels used to clean gunk and oven cleaner off oven cavity
4) and at some point today make tuna and macaroni salad for dinner

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
O.K. I'm sitting here with my iced solar tea embellished with homemade orangeade concentrate. Oven is now clean(er) and shelves back in place. My knees are gently easing.

And I'm again aggravated and confused as to why oven doors are hinged at the bottom to swing down and outward.It's not just that it is awkward to reach inside to clean. Who really wants to pull a hot, cooked, supersize Thanksgiving turkey out of the oven while leaning over the door? Or a large heavy Le Creuset casserole?

If memory serves, a cousin-by-marriage did have a GE with a side opening door. But my high end Wolf does not. Bah humbug!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Molli and I lounged in bed until 8:00. Then we got up and started with our day....
  • Enjoyed my morning coffee. Scooped the boxes.
  • Dear Richard and I went up to the garden and picked green and wax beans, lots of peppers, a couple yellow squash and will go back up to grab some tomatoes. Meanwhile I just finished dicing the peppers for the freezer. We're going to store them in food saver bags as I already have a big container in the freezer that I use from as I need them. Rick took some peppers and yellow squash and a few nice tomatoes over to the neighbors. They were tickled to get them. I really go through peppers in my cooking. I did a lot of our Carmen peppers, and then did some banana peppers.
  • Remember the other week when I said we were waiting on the plumber? Well, said plumber is finally here. Turns out the timer at the water treatment system is broken and is being replaced. Don't get me wrong; I'm really glad he's here, but our toilet has already seen the results of his tardiness. We have an incredible amount of iron in our water and it's already stained the toilet. I've been cleaning the toilet pretty much every morning, but a stain is a stain. We put a Clorox tab in the toilet tank today. It's a shame, looks like I never clean the toilet....and you know I do!
  • This afternoon, I plan to finish edging around the northern end of the she shed. We finally got more edging bricks and I have more mulch.
  • Rick needs to re-screen at the French door in the kitchen. Somebody (I won't mention any names, but it wasn't me) accidentally went through the screen on his way up to the garden the other morning. We got new screening yesterday; this is a bit heavier than the original stuff.
I started watching Good Eats Reloaded last night. I had watched some of the episodes before and really enjoyed them, but then got interested in something else. I just love Alton Brown. I'll watch a few more tonight.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today I

Visited A Garden!

A friend owns a wholesale sarracenia and water plant nursery across the river in Pennsylvania. He's developed a new hybrid lotus, I wanted out of the house, so - I went over the river and away we went. Rode around for 2 hours on a golf cart. Good thing we were outdoors, too, because the elastic on one side of my face mask ear piece broke off. We weren't anywhere near the greenhouses and my car. Decided that even though we were sitting side by side and he wasn't wearing a mask I'd chance it, relying on the breeze created by our movement. Living dangerously? Maybe so. Whenever we were walking around we were properly socially distancing.

Aquascapes_2020-07_white Nymphaea.jpg

Not the new hybrid, very beautiful all the same.

I also got some lotus leaves, a lotus flower, lotus seed pods with just turning brown seeds, all to eat / cook with.

After that I briefly stopped at a nearby friend to drop off a young sycamore I had potted for her, receiving a flower bouquet in exchange.

And stopped at a farm market before crossing the river to go home, buying fresh corn, some tomatoes, and a cantaloupe.

Wonderful day, and it ain't over yet.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I just love Alton Brown.
absolutely!!

Went new computer chair hunting, somebody I won't name is being extremely choosy, which is fine - back surgery complicates a lot of things. Couldn't find anything that checked all the boxes of required specifications.

Came home and ordered one of the ones I'd found online yesterday, for less money.

Hopefully it works, if it doesn't it goes back and the other one I found will be ordered.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Regular stuff

wash smalls today

Kaylee will mop floors,vacuum, etc.

Didn't sleep well so I'll have a rest. Little tabby was sleeping on a deck chair this morning, I gave him
half a can of Mariner's Catch from Friskies selections. Cal went out and she wasn't scared of him.
I'm not a doc but I feel he may have lost his vision in his right eye. When I put food out he can;t
see it right away. If I place wet food on the pink saucer, (bone china for darling boy), he can see
it better than if I use the cobalt blue Fiestaware bowl. I have reading to do..wish it would cool down.
Nicole thinks they'll buy a SunSetter for their deck next year. Since they lost their Maple tree about 3 years
their deck is like an oven. They got a Pergola but it's almost useless.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 Poor tabby baby. That's heartbreaking.
C catapault Sounds you had a very lovely day!
  • My turn to get up with the girls. I gave them breakfast, emptied the dishwasher, put my dehydrated grape tomatoes in the freezer and washed the dehydrator trays, and am sitting back here with my coffee. It's already sticky. Bleah. But we did have a bit of rain last night. We'll take anything we can get for now. But really, we get just enough rain to make it even stickier and that's it.
  • Sorted through three loads of laundry and threw the first load in the washer. I'm spending the day in the house to do laundry, vacuum and swiffer, and just get some general cleaning done.
  • Going to try to make that root beer this morning and I'm going to have to use yeast to do it. We can't find dry ice around here at all. I even called beer distributors and all the grocery stores. Nada. Not even WalMart.
  • Defrost dough balls for pizza tonight. I have two small balls in the freezer and that will make one large pizza. It works.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Aw, geez, Molli and I never got up until around 9:30! That's pretty much unheard of for us! But Rick and I were up late last night watching Hulu and lost track of time. And well, there you go. He got up with the girls and then brought Molli back to bed. I just kept sleeping. Woke up and Molli was cuddled up next to me. And I fell back asleep. To be fair, I haven't been sleeping well at night the last few days. It's simply been too hot and ugly at night. I guess I needed to make up for lost sleep. Molli certainly wasn't adverse to extra nap time.

Our neighbors are putting in their pool today. Rick is over there helping with the liner while they fill the pool with water. It's an above-ground pool and has cycled through the neighborhood; I think they're the third or fourth family now who's used the pool. Still in excellent shape.

The guy who did excavating for us with our she shed has an older shed on his property. Well, he had brought his granddaughter down to see our shed a couple months ago. And she's decided she really wants a shed of her own. She's around 13 or 14 or so. So he's been renovating their old shed to create a place for his granddaughter. They live next to each other behind us and are really nice people. He's been really busy on the shed and I know it's going to be lovely when it's finished. So there's lots of activity in the neighborhood right now.
  • I'm going to use my new jumbo muffin pans to make blueberry muffins today.
  • Tonight I'll plug the dehydrator back in to dry more grape tomatoes overnight. I don't bother putting it away in the basement; I'm keeping it in the kitchen til the garden is finished because we're using it so much.
  • A quick vacuum and swiffer in the house
  • I'm putting the shed plants back into the shed this afternoon. We are to get some downpours tomorrow and I don't want the plants out in the weather, especially if we have wind.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Regular stuff
Will wash spme bedding but not all of it, just some throws.

Little tabby belongs to a neighbor. I spoke with her. He has no right eye.
Just a socket. He came into their house about a year ago and just stayed.
So now I know he only has vision in one eye, poor boy. There is a young
ginger tabby who has been coming on the deck for food. Very adorable,
but fearful. I cannot get anywhere near her.She is so hungry when I feed
her. She gobbles the food, sweet girl.

Will be very humid today wih high dew points, yuk.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
:yess: Rain last night! And again this morning! Honestly, I felt like going outside and dancing! I hope it rains all day, but I think the storms are to be out of here by this afternoon.
  • My turn to get up with the girls. Gave them breakfast, emptied the dishwasher, put the finished dehydrated tomatoes in the freezer, and am sitting back here with my coffee. I gave these tomatoes about an hour longer and I think they're about perfect. Taste good, too. I'll scoop in a bit.
  • I put the eggs, sour cream, and milk into the microwave to come to room temp. Those blueberry muffins are getting made this morning!
  • Rick will strip the bed when he gets up and I'll put everything in the washer.
Nothing major on my list for today.

Mia6 Mia6 Bless you for feeding those kids. :hugs:

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester I think I may have to go back to buying the 14 lb bag of Purina! All these visitors, so sweet! The little ginger tabby is
awfully adorable but feral, I think. I like feeding them.

Regular stuff.

washed a load of throws

Make a list for Kaylee. Bank, library, pharmacy, etc. Pay Day!! Thinking of getting a cheeseburger from
Jake's Wayback but their Chili Cheese fries are soooo good! will have to choose.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Molli and I lounged this morning. Then we chatted for a while before getting up and starting our day. Or rather, I chatted to her and she purred at me.
  • Got up and made my coffee, gave the girls their after-breakfast breakfast. Chatted with Rick for a while about his walk.
  • I need to do those tomatoes this morning and will start on them in a bit. Stewed tomatoes for the freezer. They'll come in handy this winter.
  • A bit of a vacuum and swiffer
  • Need to water the shed plants
And that will be my Monday.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Rain! Blessed rain! It's from Isaias. To be honest, Rick and I were talking and we felt that what would really help in our area was a hurricane. We're far enough west that we wouldn't get inundated with the rain and won't get any of the wind. And we are grateful for the rain. It was a wonderful sound to wake up to this morning.

I did 2-1/2 quarts of stewed tomatoes for the freezer yesterday. As I was finishing up, Rick came in the house with more tomatoes and a ton of peppers.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and am sitting back here with my coffee
  • I have peppers to chop for the freezer and I have enough grape tomatoes to dehydrate tonight. Depending on how they ripen up today, I may wait until tomorrow night to do them. I like dehydrating them overnight; that way, when I get up in the morning, I can either throw them in the freezer right away or put them through the food processor.
  • A load or two of laundry this morning
  • Trash night tonight

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Regular stuff

Kaylee went to the store. My, taxables are getting expensive! Spent $103.00 on them and only $25.00
on food! Yor have to have laundry soap, paper towels, cat food, litter, dryer sheets, shampoo, Murphy's,
Clorox. Vinyl gloves were $6.00 for 25 pair.

Little tabby was here and tried to keep ginger tabby from eating but he ignores little tabby, so sweet.
I found out over the weekend that he does not have a right eye, poor baby. His family doesn't take
very good care of him or Blue, their dog. I would like to report her but she would know it's me.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday was a busy day, since back was not all that bad. I took my time and accomplished a lot..

A pretty good vacuum, wrote out a lot of bills, dumped out shredder and a lot of trash to trash room, played with Geoffrey a couple of times, organized dirty laundry and did some laundry, went outside for about an hour, changed bed linens.

Today was a lazy day, a storm day. It is very windy, with a bit of rain.. Should be getting a bit more of rain.. we are under a tornado watch until 9pm. A few probably tornadoes in part of Massachusetts and New Hampshire.
Nothing much to today:
Regular morning stuff.
Cuddled with Geoffrey
Brushed Geoffrey
tried to read a bit
ate, and nibbled a lot...
Was so tired this morning. I had to make a cup of coffee, instead of tea.

Status
Not open for further replies.