Name Three Things - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
C catapault Oh wow, Rick was just talking about an A & W root beer float!
We finally got some rain last night. I was just going outside to take the water hose around the side of the house to start watering when the clouds opened. About three minutes worth. But then, fortunately, it rained again and this time we actually received some. We are so dry.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and am sitting back here with my coffee (I had to order coffee yesterday; we're down to our last box of k-cups. It should come in sometime this coming week. Since Dear Richard started drinking iced coffee every morning, we're going through the k-cups more often.) I'll scoop in a bit.
  • This morning will be spent cooking for dinner tonight. Rick is in charge of the ribs, but I'm in charge of everything else.
  • Will sign up for CBS Access today. I finally finished Elementary last night; you know, I really enjoyed that series. Now, onto Picard! We'll do the trial for one week and then cancel.
I think I mentioned on my Three Things for the past two days that I need to vacuum. And didn't get it done either day. Won't get it done today either. Oh well!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester I can only imagine how long it takes to film an entire movie!
C catapault Thanks for the cataract info. I'.m not looking forward to it but it is what it is. I love root beer floats or Boston Coolers as my friend's mother called them. I like IBC or Stewart's root beer best as they both come in glass bottles.

Regular stuff. The little tabby cat was here this morning. I have been cleaning his eye wih warm water and sterile gauze pads. This morning I noticed his eye is gone!! Just an eyeball and it's red. There was some gunk on the lid and I gently removed it. It was then that I saw the missing eye He must've been in a fight. He was trying to play with Cal but she hissed and growled at him!! Taking after her big sis, the Vincie girl. She taught her well. He kept smelling her bum, so I think he wanted a little somethin' somethin' 😜
C catapault I'm having a glass of limeade right now with a couple of shakes of Grenadine. Club soda and limeade would be good. I get Simply limeade. I'm also drinking a lot of pineapple juice, my fave. It's so humid here so I go thru a lot of liquids during these days.
I'm going be on the deck till it gets too hot. Will wash a few throws and dry them outside, I've already watered the plants.
I hope you all have a good holiday!

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I want to prune the spirea across from the kitchen - their flowers are done / over / faded. But the morning rabbit is here, eating clover. And of course I cannot disturb it, can I. So I'll wait until it goes wherever it goes for most of the day, hoping it is not raining by then, so I can tend to the hedge. Such complications . . .

Need to make some potato salad to go with the hot dogs. There's a tomato, quick pickled red onion, chickpea salad from the NY Times that I'm thinking of trying out.

And tend to assorted other this-and-that things. Nothing major if considered individually. But taken in aggregate they will keep me busy.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
C catapault Oh wow, Rick was just talking about an A & W root beer float!
  • Will sign up for CBS Access today. I finally finished Elementary last night; you know, I really enjoyed that series. Now, onto Picard! We'll do the trial for one week and then cancel.
I think I mentioned on my Three Things for the past two days that I need to vacuum. And didn't get it done either day. Won't get it done today either. Oh well!
I really like having CBS All Access.

The Picard Series is really good. One that I binge watched. It got me hooked. I do not know when the second season with occur, because of Covid.. and the plot of the second season. Still love Jean-Luc.... sigh..

Last night, I started Star Trek Discovery. Kind of undecided on this one. Timeline: It takes place before Picard, after the original Star Trek series. Not what I expected... still interesting, but a darker version of Trek Universe.

I will still watch more episodes, to see how it evolves. I know it is renewed for a 3rd season.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i'll wash the dishes, and scoop the litter boxes. i'll bake a loaf of bread machine bread, and make some liters of soda. i may very well make some cold sweetened tea, maybe with mint (as that sounds like it would taste really good!).

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
artiemom artiemom We watched seven episodes of Picard last night (it's good...we like it) and will finish the series up tonight. I may have to re-watch that seventh episode as I fell asleep during and awakened at the end. I'm going to check out Discovery, too. I am such a Patrick Stewart fan and I love Jean-Luc. I have a full-size figure of Picard in the closet in the computer room; have had it for well over 20 years now, found him at an old Star Trek convention and had to have him. I had him in my office at work for quite a while. One of my profs at college had Spock in her office.

It's really most too muggy to do much of anything today. We're into the 90s and it's really humid, too. Chance of t-storms, but I'm not holding my breath. We're planning on watering gardens tonight.
  • Rick and I picked six pounds (yes, we weighed) of green and yellow beans. Snapped them, washed them, blanched them, cool them, and used the food saver to get them in the freezer. We also got one zucchini so far. Lots of squash flowers on the plants!
  • I haven't scooped boxes yet and need to get that done.
  • Will finish up Picard tonight.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
LOL we've been binge watching Yellowstone. Now we just need to decide the least expensive/least hassle way to get season three...

No need to handwater, got lots of rain last night yay
I'm overdue for a big clean of the fish tank so I may do that today
changed hummingbird feeder, fed the cat
vacuumed

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So far today I
1) put a bottle of water and tea bags out to brew a quart of solar tea
2) washed and dried a fleece type throw thing from the bed in my study. So Much cat hair! Will put away for summer.
3) pulled A Lot of jewel weed - has to be my favorite weed because even the huge ones pull out so easily
4) then used the hedge trimmer on the spirea (obviously that did not happen yesterday) then raked it all up and hauled off to brush pile
5) did some more straightening up in the tool shed. I could have planted potatoes on the floor, with all the dirt, but no, I did not.
6) we replaced the filters in the two air conditioner system intakes. This involves getting out the ladder, extending it, climbing up, removing cover, removing dirty filter, dusting the external cover and the front portion of the duct, replace with new filter, etc. Then move ladder and repeat for the second unit. Then collapse ladder and put away. Fortunately the ladder "lives" in an upstairs closet so it is not hauled up from the basement any longer. Are you exhausted reading No. 5? I am. And I was involved in helping Himself do it.
7) Turned on oven, took butter out of refrigerator, will bake chocolate chip cookies in a while

Guess I'm good through Monday and on into Tuesday, right?

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Regular morning stuff

Fed little tabby cat, he wants Cal to come out as she is inside looking at him through the slider. He makes an adorable
chirping sound when he sees her, so darling, but she hisses and growls when he smells her bum.

Kaylee will be back today. Three days without her was way too much, I missed her.Need a few things from the store, and this place needs tended.

Will read for a bit, then will be inside till early evening, too hot to be out.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
We finished Picard last night. It was excellent. It's coming back for a second season and I can't wait. I access CBSAccess through Prime for the free trial. Easier and I don't have to deal with credit cards or anything. I did that with Starz, too, when Outlander was on.

We also watered the heck out of the garden last night. I took the hose over to the shed and watered my little patches of beds, too. My hydrangeas are turning blue! I didn't do anything! I think it's the acid from the evergreens. Yay blue!

The new FireTVStick should be here today. Rick's old TV, which is now my "new" TV in the bedroom isn't a smart tv, so we're dependent on the Stick. It's years old and very slow. I ordered a new one. I'll be able to access Hulu and Netflix with this one.
  • We both slept in this morning until 8. I got up earlier, put Molli over the gate into the living room, went back to the bedroom and shut the door. Between the shut door and the window fan, we didn't have to listen to Amber yelling and we both fell back asleep. Sometimes they just have to be ignored. Oh, they weren't amused. But it didn't kill them to have breakfast a bit late today. I gave them breakfast, emptied the dishwasher, and am sitting back here with my coffee. Rick or I will scoop.
  • Stripped the bed and put the sheets in the washer. I have two loads of laundry today. I'll just put the same sheets back on the bed.
  • Work outside in the garden until 1:00, then come in during the worst of the afternoon heat.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
We finished Picard last night. It was excellent. It's coming back for a second season and I can't wait. I access CBSAccess through Prime for the free trial. Easier and I don't have to deal with credit cards or anything. I did that with Starz, too, when Outlander was on.
It was realy good.. The 'old" JL is back!!! I really enjoyed it. I cannot wait for the new season. It was so good to see some of TNG crew... aging and all.. awesome.

Reading the credits, it looks like Gene Roddenbury's son is very much involved with the show.

It was easy to get the CBS All Access through Prime. That is how I did it. My cable bill is high enough. I did sign up for it. I got the plan with advertisements. Only $5 a month; feeling that it is worth it to catch up on all the Trek programs I did watch, but forget.

Star Trek Discovery is very very different.. AJ Abrams is a creator.. much darker; taking place after the original ST and before TNG. I was not sure about it initially, but now I am intrigued with it. I am at the end of the first season.

Star Trek is always a franchise that is so easy to watch, again nd again; to see the Federation evolve is really amazing..

Just wondering if Disney + is worth it. I mean with so much Covid around, staying home, in the apartment is not something I relish, but where is there to go? and be safe? I do senior hours at the stores. I am feeling comfortable about dining out; add to that being on a strict diet.. so what to do...

After being completely quarantined in my apartment for 7 weeks, I am starting to lose it... The beach is right outside my door, but.... cannot sunbathe... so I go for early walks...

I know this is a new norm.. but I am really trying to find out how to stay safe, within this norm... I am over 65, with some preexisting conditions, so I have to be cautious.. masks at all times.. except when I am walking, and no one is around.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's not that I enjoy sweating, just that there are so many things I want to get done outdoors. So here we go! Today (and it is just after 1:00 p.m.)

1) Himself mowed the back lawn. Before breakfast. He really dislikes heat / humidity so wanted to get it done before the day heated up. (P.S. Not quite 1:30 p.m. and according to my weather station the temperature on the roof is 95.7 degrees Fahrenheit.)
2) I did a load of whites - washed / dried / folded
3) Unloaded dishwasher
4) Stripped and remade our bed, washed sheets, hung outside.

And then the major Thing to Do Today
5) Divide a large pot of crinum. I knew this would be a (apologies to female dogs) b*tch of a job. It involved setting up work area over by tool shed. Wrestling crinum and offsets out of a 13 inch diameter pot. Main bulb with pseudostem and whirligig of leaves is 3 feet high. Dirt solid with roots. It took two spading forks back to back to start prying the smaller offsets away from each other.

Took the second largest crinum bulb down to tropical garden at the bottom of the driveway and planted it. It might winter over. We shall see.

Pried largest bulb free of entanglements and potted in a different, nicer pot. Potted seven smaller divisions. They had better find new homes before winter because there is simply no room in the greenhouse for them.

And now - right now I am drinking a large mug of yesterday's solar tea with the last of the limeade concentrate (made lemonade concentrate yesterday) while the sweat dries and the acetominaphin kicks in. Then I shall shower and go soak my head. After which I will wash bluejeans. There's enough dirt on this pair that they could possible stand up on their own.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
artiemom artiemom We have Disney+ and, well, the only thing I've watched so far is The Mandalorian, which was excellent, FWIW. I'm anxious for the second season. We got Hulu, Disney+ and ESPN+. Rick hasn't even turned ESPN+ on at all. I have watched quite a bit of Hulu. We really haven't bothered with Disney+.

I did notice that Rodenberry's son is involved with Picard. I'm going to check out Discovery, but probably tomorrow now. I saw all the episodes of Star Trek and TNG. Some episodes of Voyager and some of DS9 (I always liked Quark). So it would be nice to keep CBS AllAccess, just to re-watch the Star Trek shows and movies. We'll see. I'm going to let it go for now and may grab it again in a few months.

I completely understand how you feel about the new norm. Especially since it's pretty obvious that, according to Trump, we're going to have to learn to live with it. It's scary. I'm 65, too, and Rick just turned 69, so we're in that age bracket where we have to be careful. It sounds like we go out all the time, but really we don't. And when we do, it's always with our masks. Always. And when we go to the car from a any store, we get the sanitizing wipes out and wipe ourselves down as best we can. What's really scary is that we got so used to doing it so quickly. And I guess it will be part of our lives for a long while to come. And that's sad. While we have gotten take-out (pizza), once or twice that's pretty much it. I've been cooking. And I don't see us dining in a restaurant for a long, long time. Neither Rick nor I feel safe doing so.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Regular morning stuff

Will wash throws and sheets and hanging them out to dry

I've been reading on deck but not for the past 2 days, too hot and humid, I have cabin fever in July, ha!!

Kaylee fractured a bone in her foot/ankle shooting off fireworks. She has no health insurance. She'll see
an orthopaedic doc tomorrow. She's in a walking book that she can pump with air She';s in a great deal
of pain. I don't know how she will be able to do some chores that need done but she is bound and determined
to keep working so we'll see.

Kaylee bought 4 new tanks for me at Walmart for $2.88 each! The ones I've been wearing are scandalous with
holes from too many washings.I also bought 5 from Amazon that are better quality

Winchester Winchester I would like to eat at a restaurant with outside seating, just to see people again in this new
strange world. A friend of mine meets her neighbors for coffee outside while maintaining a safe distance.
They talk etc.I envy her. My neighbor, who I've told you about, oh by the way she is not moving, is the
last person I want to speak with. She has been quiet for the past 5 days, fingers crossed.

C catapault You have been a busy woman!!
I knew this would be a (apologies to female dogs) b*tch of a job.
ha!!!

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester Breakfast and lunch - O.K. But I refused to cook dinner for my recent birthday. We got takeout from a nice place about 15 minutes away from home. Good arrangement - call in advance to order. Call when you get there and someone brings your order across the street to the parking lot to hand it over. There were two couples dining on the front veranda but we're not ready for that. First food I have not cooked since this hoo-ha all started.

Several things on my list for today.
1) Every other week cleaning lady coming today - first time in four months. So yesterday I had some pick up and tidying to do before hand. A little more to do this morning.
2) Thinking about washing down the other two plastic Adirondack chairs, especially now that Himself repaired the one that had a small break on the upper back.
3) Call the farm and feed store to see if I can get a dozen eggs - we're down to just two eggs.
4) If I do go to get eggs, also think about going to the IGA. Especially these days if I am going out I try to make more than one stop. Which I did anyhow even before covid-19. Probably get fuel for the car too. Must admit fuel efficiency is excellent. I'm getting several weeks per gallon of gas.

An easy day, especially after the previous garden heavy ones.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
1. Fight the Post Office. Mom sent payment for internet 2 weeks ago. Spectrum never received
2. Mop basement floor
3. Do windows

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
C catapault Happy recent Birthday! :woohoo:
Mia6 Mia6 That blasted neighbor. Geez, I do wish she'd move! I hope Kaylee's foot starts to feel better.

We had some t-storms move through last night, which gave us the blessing of much-needed rain. Enough to raise the water level in the pool and definitely enough for the plants to have a good drink. It cooled things down, too, to the point where no window fan was needed during the night. We're back to muggy and sticky this morning.

Rick got up with the girls this morning while Mollipop and I lounged until around 9. We were awake before that, but were cuddling and talking. Rick and I take turns getting up to feed the girls. On my day to stay in bed for a while, Molli and I have really started to enjoy our time together. After she's done with breakfast and bathing, she'll come back and smack the bedroom door. I get up and let her in. She hops up on the bed and we spend time together. I hope she enjoys it as much as I do. A nice way to start the day.
  • I'm sitting back here with my coffee and about half a headache from all the humidity. I'll finish my coffee, then scoop boxes.
  • Not much going on today overall. I need to water the shed plants. Since I've been taking them out on the deck and patio, they've been needing more water than they normally would. But they seem to like the dappled sun. Maybe the Christmas cactus will bloom more this year.
  • Start Star Trek Discovery tonight

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
My neighbor, who I've told you about, oh by the way she is not moving, is the
last person I want to speak with. She has been quiet for the past 5 days, fingers crossed.
Dang it!! She needs to move... I do not trust her with her shenanigans.

Status
Not open for further replies.