Name Three Things - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester So glad bro is home!!

Going to eye doc, first app. since February face to face of any kind

Cat I am feeding is a boy I think, he likes me to pet him and I didn;t
feel any nipples but he still bosses Cal around. She is upstairs sulking

Lots of laundry needs done

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 Any chance that little guy will be becoming Callie's brother any time? Just asking. :) He sounds like a real sweetheart.

Mollipop and I lounged in this morning and I shouldn't have because a lot to do today. But Rick got up with the girls and then he opened the bedroom door for Molli to come in before he left for a walk and it was quiet. And I fell back asleep. When I awakened, Molli was cuddled up next to me. She woke up, so we started talking about our morning. And I finally decided to drag my body out of bed. The girls got their after-breakfast breakfast while I made my coffee.
  • Strip the bed down and throw the sheets in the washer. I have another load to do, too.
  • Bake the cookies. I decided on oatmeal and chocolate chip cookies and caramel crumb bars. The oatmeal dough is in the fridge; I have to make the bars. Those bars are seriously good, BTW.
  • Put the shed plants on the deck for the day. Now that we're in the 80s all the time, I've been putting the Christmas cactus and some of the other plants on the deck and on the patio to "vacation" for the summer. But I take them in at night, just in case a t-storm comes around.
  • Finish up cleaning around the outside of the shed and water the plants well. The hosta is doing well as are the lilies. But it's just so dry around here. Something is digging in the mulch around the azaleas; I have a feeling that a squirrel hid something for the winter.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
C catapault Thanks! We're excited, but more than a little nervous. He should be here around 8. I'll post whatever I can. I don't know what all he'll do yet. He gave me a list of ten interview questions for us to think about. He wants to do an overhead shoot (drone, I'm thinking), but honestly, all he'd get would be trees with the shed roof.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and am enjoying my coffee. Will scoop in a few.
  • Videographer coming this morning.
  • Trash night tonight

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
1. Hide the cat stuff so Mom doesn't see and where it doesn't get rained on
2. Find a drawer or something to put my extra charging cables. (yea Mom used to throw fits at Dad about his work bench)
3. Help Mom when she does the windows that she insists on doing.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester Cal is intimidated by him, Pam. Maybe with time she will grow to like him. He is so affectionate! but when she seems him
headbutting me and getting pats she is jealous and hurt, my poor, insecure baby. We have formed a strong bond since we lost our Vincie girl last August. Pour Cal spent a month in the kitchen only leaving to use the litter box. She'd sit at the slider looking out for her, so very heartbreaking. GOOD LUCK with SHOOT!!!

Had eye doc app yesterday for new glasses, and found out I have cataracts. Makes me feel old. One in each eye. The left eye is worse and I also have an astigmatism, right eye not as bad. Said I need surgery, but not right away.

Kaylee is doing errands, will pick up a few things and mail documents. She's getting us smoothies at a place called Pulse. I'm having a strawberry/banana, no sure what she is having.

The eye doc trip wore me out. We hit many potholes and bumps. People have been shooting off fireworks since Friday night. Our state House of Reps approved a bill that allows consumer grade fireworks to be shot off any time of day or night, It must be passed by the state Senate first and then by local officials. I think the Governor has the right to veto the bill. I've been woken every night since Friday
I feel this bill is one of the most absurd bills ever passed by the House.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester How did shoot go? Did they like your cookies? How is bro?

Regular morning routine, sore from trip to eye doc.Always the second day afterwards so I'll soak
in epsom salts, lavender scented. will have Kaylee move the umbrella base so I have less sun
in the afternoon. We thought that by moving it so chair was facing west would have less sun.
I am not able to us the mechanism that tilts it so it will have to be moved. Cal and I are enjoying
being on the deck now. When she sees a bird she walks to tree and looks up and stares, ha!!
My sweet non-hunter💞 Can hear so many birds. Yesterday a male blue jay flew to the deck railing
and stared at me for about 30 seconds, then took off. He had been hanging out with a male robin
last week. He is so swaucky.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Actually I have 4 things:

1. Hide cat stuff again (this week is going to be more tricky)
2. Finally get to the bags outside without Mom needing me inside
3. Figure out why companies I work for refuse to pay me
4. Mop the basement. I will be without internet for a day as I need to unplug it all to mop, clean and then put back. I guess oneway of resetting the router for speed.

Last edited:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
The video shoot was quite interesting, but I was glad when it was over. It took him four hours. Our interview was one hour. Then he walked around, taking video and photos. He videoed Rick working on the laptop in the shed. He videoed me walking over to the bookcase, picking up a cookbook, taking said cookbook to the chair, and then leafing through the book. (I chose a Cookie cookbook because......Rick loves cookies.) He taped Rick sitting in the chair, me flopping on the sofa (with a Smirnoff Ice!) and watching a television show. After Rick and I left the shed, he took more video and pictures inside. Outside, he taped me walking over to the shed, up the deck steps, onto the deck, opening the shed door, and walking inside. I think I did that four or five times. He taped Rick and me sitting on the deck, talking and pointing to flowers and trees. He walked around the shed, taking video and then, again, taking photos. Then he used the drone to get some overhead video. That was neat to watch on the screen. Four hours. Four hours, all to get about a three-minute video! The company will use the pictures in their ads for sheds and video for other things as well as the ads. He'll let us know when the video is uploaded. Like I said, interesting, but I'm glad it was over, too. He asked Rick if our local news station had called us about the she shed; Rick was surprised and said nobody has called. He just said, "OK, well......." and that was that. Oh, and masks worn all the time. He wore his mask while inside the shed. He wore his, but we took ours off for the interview. Then put them back on again for the rest of the time.
  • Rick got up with the girls, then left for his walk. Molli and I lounged for a while, but I decided to drag my lazy body out of the bed, too. My turn to scoop today. I have about half a headache and will try to take it easy today.
  • Work in the veggie garden. We also have to pick beans. I put it off yesterday, so I have to get them today. The veggie harvest officially begins! We did get some peppers last week, but they were still green. I washed, chopped, and put them in the freezer.
  • Just do some little things around the house: vacuum, swiffer, etc. Nothing exotic. But at some point, I'm going to have to attack this house and do some serious cleaning.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I feel fairly well today, after dealing with a rotten headache since Tuesday afternoon. I spent yesterday afternoon, pretty much sacked out in the shed or in bed with the window fan running. It wasn't a migraine, just a regular headache. Not pretty nonetheless.

We have ants. :censored: I hate those little ants. We've been trying to deal with them, but to no avail. And I'm getting bitten. Rick's not, but I've tiny little marks that itch like crazy. I even saw them in the bathrooms sinks. We think they're looking for water, as it's really dry around here. I will not do any baking until the ants are gone.....they're disgusting. Rick is going to go around the perimeter of the house with Home Defense, as well as around the top of the basement walls. We've disturbed quite a few ant hills in the yard as we've been working.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and am sitting back here with my coffee. Will scoop in a few.
  • I think I'm going to park my butt inside today and get some housework done. Vacuum, swiffer, wipe kitchen and bathroom, do a load of laundry, all that good stuff.
  • I think I have six episodes of Elementary left

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester The shoot sounds so exciting; is there a chance we'll be able to see it? What did you wear?
Sorry about the headache

Regular stuff, the little cat I am feeding had puss coming out of his eye so I took 2 sterile gauze pads
and gently wiped off the puss, then rinsed it with more sterile gauze pads.I had placed neosporin and
A&D Ointment on a gauze pad ready to slather his eye but he took off. Hope he comes back. Found
out he is not neutered. I can't afford a vet visit so I'm doing the best I can. This morning was I able to
put the ointment in but he didn't like it and took off but he came back. He let me wipe the eye wih warm
sterile gauze pads Going to be hot here, up to 90, so I'll spend time outside while it's not so bad. I may
research the cataract surgery I need to have performed but really don't want to yet.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 The guy told us that he'd email us when it was uploaded. I can't believe it's only about 3 minutes; he was here for four hours!
Rick got up with the girls this morning, so Molli and I lounged until 8:30. He went for his walk, while I had my coffee.
  • I scooped the boxes
  • We need to hit Lowes for ant stuff. I hate ants and they're all over the place.
  • Not doing much this afternoon; we're in for about a week of 90s temps and humidity, so staying inside in the afternoons and will work in the garden at nights. I may hit the pool this afternoon to cool down. It's already HHH (hazy, hot, and humid)
  • Work in the garden a bit tonight.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 I had cataract surgery about 5 years ago. I didn't care about not wearing eyeglasses. Having worn them since I was a little girl it was normal to wear them. For me it was all about colors. Colors are so much better! Blues are more luminous, whites are now white rather than ivory. Himself was encouraged to do it when he saw my excellent results. They were able to correct for his astigmatism too.

It looked very gray this morning so I thought it would rain. Went to the bottom of the driveway with old newspapers and a bucket with which to move mulch (composted wood chips) to smother young weeds in the tropical bed. Of course now it is not quite so gray. Just as glad I went down when I did - it is hotter now. Worked for one hour, ran out of newspaper, and I was sweating so much. Warm to hot and humid weather and I sweat.

Which makes me thirsty. I've been drinking solar tea. Sometimes I add a sprig or two of fresh mint to the glass. Or I add a splash of limeade concentrate. Or have the limeade concentrate just with water or soda water. Need to make lemonade concentrate as the limeade is nearly done. Seriously thinking about a root beer float. Do you ever have one? We prefer A&W root beer. What's your preferred brand?

July being National Blueberry Month (who knew) I'm working on the first entry for my website. It's an easy topic to come up with a different focus for each week.

Need to do some vacuuming, pick up stuff that's sitting out - you know, the usual routine. But right now I'm here, drinking cold solar tea and cooling off.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today I was going to make some hypertufa stepping stones with my mom, so I went to the store and bought cement, peat moss, and vermiculite. We then were going to start making it out on my patio, but we ended up getting locked out of my house. So, after trying to pry open the door and using a savings card to try and open it, I decided to just break the window in the door. I was planning on replacing that door soon anyway, so it wasn't a huge deal. I also had a couch delivered while I was trying to open the door, so it has been an eventful day. We didn't make hypertufa though.

Status
Not open for further replies.