Name Three Things - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 Both legs, wow. Take it easy for a couple of days. I'm glad your helper is there.

Those blasted birds! I just washed both cars one day last week and you'd never know it! Poop all over everything!
It looks like even the violets have adjusted to being transplanted and to the light in the shed. Lots of new buds coming out. The prayer plant is pushing new leaves as in the umbrella tree. I love those plants.

Rick got up with the girls, so I lounged for a while. Not much going on today, other than some work outside. I'll get the grill going with the smoke, so I can get the pork shoulder started around 11:00 or so; we're planning on dinner around 5:00.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • I got up this morning with the girls. Breakfast, emptied the dishwasher, and am enjoying my coffee. Rick will strip the bed when he gets up.
  • Just put the second of four loads of laundry in the washer.
  • Housework this morning, followed by yard stuff this afternoon.
It's already muggy and we're going to get into the 80s again today. It's a beautiful morning.

Yesterday, we were out at the grill, trying to get the temperature to stay around 325 for the pork shoulder. One of our neighbors brought his granddaughter down and asked if we would show her the shed shed. She had seen the shed and wondered what it looked like inside. Rick went in the house, got the keys and his mask, and took them out to the shed. She loved it! She's about 13 or so and she said she wants something like that. :) Later on, her dad came down and asked to see it. Followed by his wife.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday, we were out at the grill, trying to get the temperature to stay around 325 for the pork shoulder. One of our neighbors brought his granddaughter down and asked if we would show her the shed shed. She had seen the shed and wondered what it looked like inside. Rick went in the house, got the keys and his mask, and took them out to the shed. She loved it! She's about 13 or so and she said she wants something like that. :) Later on, her dad came down and asked to see it. Followed by his wife.
[/QUOTE]
The shed is a big hit!! Perfect!!

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
  • Hot again today but not as hot as yesterday. Boxes,,tea. Bought a new food for Cal, digestive health as she is having hairball probs. I was gently brushing her yesterday and she bit me..just like the Vincie girl used to do, hee, hee. My boys, Nikki and Jordan, never bit me or scratched. She likes the new food. I had it before when my Kirsten had the same prob. Kaylee went to Home Depot and bought the best insect control. It's in a gallon container and she'll do the inside, deck, around the perimeter of the house but we'll have to go outside for five mins after she does the inside. She's going to buy a spray bottle for me to use as the container is too heavy. The guy at HD told her it was the best and esp. effective at killing the S word. I've had a jones goin' on for the past few weeks; cannot get enough pineapple juice. All stores were out on Monday. Yesterday WalMart had a lot of it so K bought 2 half gallons. I also like water with limes and and a few splashes of grenadine.and pj juice. I keep it in plastic bottles, put in freezer for about 35 mins till it becomes like crushed ice, so good. Will do some laundry, dry outside, then put in dryer for a few in case there are any insects hiding in them. K will dust and vacuum and make more Spam.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
A very warm and muggy morning. I have all the windows in the house open and the girls are loving the fresh air and the birds flitting about the yard. It was Rick's turn to get up with the girls, but I was awake (and had to pee), so I just said I'd get up.
I pretty much stayed in the house yesterday, doing all the housework and laundry.
  • Cleaned up a hair ball right by my side of the bed on the floor. How I didn't hear that one is beyond me. Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and am enjoying my coffee. I'll scoop in a bit, after the trash-weenie dumps our container.
  • Outside work
  • Rick wants to grab some groceries. We have enough cat food to see the girls for only 3 more days, so I suppose it's time. I really hesitate to hit the store as friends have been telling me it's not pretty. People are tired of wearing masks and tired of following the store guidelines. Evidently, it's turning into a mess. The county to the south of us (we live on the boundary) is turning green on Friday. We usually shop in that county as it's actually closer than going into town. I've been working on a grocery list.
  • Trying to research shade-lovers for the she-shed. It's a bit of a quandary, to be honest. The azaleas should be here tomorrow, but they're to be planted at the southern end of the shed, where they'll receive good morning sun.

Last edited:

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Septic tank pumped this morning. We have it done every year there is a presidential election. When setting up appointment woman in the office said the service man has a bad back and we needed to be the ones to uncover the clean-out. Yesterday I managed to move the tire planter - filled with soil, planted with a banana canna - that marks the location. Himself has a sore shoulder, strained 2 of the 4 tendons somehow so it was up to me. Man and shiny new septic service truck arrived at 8:30 a.m. I told him I'd dig out the cover. He looked at me and said he does that. I told him we were told he has a bad back. Who said that? Debbie in the office. He dug out the cover, pumped the tank, replaced the cover, refilled the hole - and moved the tire planter back into place. I gave him a chocolate chip cookie as a thank you.

Today is overcast so I'll move more greenhouse plants outside.

Chipmunks or squirrels are digging in pots of rain lilies and pineapple lilies, tipping some over. Not happy.

And we cannot find anyone to take down storm doors and replace with screens, or go up on roof to put shade cloth over skylights. Maybe in July. Not happy about this situation either.

So basically of my three-for-today I'm running two out of three on the negative side of the ledger. Not happy.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i'll wash the dishes, and scoop the litter boxes. i'll slice the loaf of bread machine bread. move some cold cuts to the fridge to thaw. i've got some planning to continue with, and will spend some time with my budget.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Just got back from a grocery run. It's raining, so we're not doing much outside if anything. Friday won't be pretty: storms and damaging winds.
  • Waiting for our azaleas to come in today
  • I may hit the she shed for a while
  • If the weather calms down, I need to push-mow. I doubt that will happen today.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i'll wash the dishes, and scoop the litter boxes. i'll spend some time on some planning, too. after that, i'll enjoy the (relative) quiet with my cats -- the calm before the next group of 'to do's' needs doing.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
  • Morning stuff, tea, boxes, trying to take it easy as I am antsy from being cooped up but I cannot tolerate the humidity and high temps. then I walk about the house too much and knee acts up..found a way to get out of tub using my right knee:yess: Storms predicted for today..hope they are not severe but I feel they may be. I did some research online and found out my new neighbor on the other side of duplex has 2 felonies. One for drugs, fraud, they other is blocked.There are sketchy looking people stopping by. Twice I've loaned her money for cigs. I think she uses the money her mother gives her for drugs. She is clever, sold some stuff that was donated to her from a charitable association, a scandalous woman. Supposed to cool down on Saturday and Sunday.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Yesterday was pretty much a wash with today probably more of the same. It's already raining to the north of us. We can't complain, though; at this point we could use some good rain. I started in with a headache yesterday and it's bad this morning. I couldn't stay in bed as I needed caffeine more than sleep, so here I am.
  • Rick took care of the girls this morning. He'll scoop in a bit (or I will).
  • Get a dough ball out of the freezer for pizza tonight (I'm thinking pepperoni)
  • If the rest of our azaleas get here this morning, we may try to hit the nursery this afternoon (weather permitting)
  • About 3/4 of the way through the third season of Elementary

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Winchester Winchester Sorry about the migraine, Pam, they seem to be coming more frequently. :hugs:
Thanks. I know. I have a doctor appt end of June and I'll talk to him about them. This one was caused by the humidity; it was just stifling on Thursday and Friday. I did get outside, though, and push-mowed around the shed and other areas. But after my shower late afternoon, followed by dinner, I had an early night. I feel fairly good this morning.....but the humidity broke over night. We had t-storms during the evening when that cold front finally broke through.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and am sitting back here with my coffee. I'll scoop in a bit.
  • Finish push-mowing, then use the riding mower to finish the yard.
  • Work in the garden a bit, must plant more corn.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Put shade cloth up in greenhouse in morning before it gets too hot
Attack rampantly spreading bamboo down by compost heap
Plant more cannas

Oh, maybe this should have gone in the Gardening thread!

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester Pam, I know you don't like ac, but how about a small unit in your bedroom or the shed for humid days

• Regular stuff, boxes, tea. May wash quilt again as I spilled strawberry ice cream on it, oink, oink.. Read outside yesterday, perfect day, washed my sneakers in machine, dried outside. Will read on deck again if it is warm enough. in the 40s now but it feels good.Lots of nonsense from my new neighbor, wish she hadn't moved in,,,ex learned of her phone number and like an idiot she talks with him, the man who beat her so badly. I found out she beat him badly as well, spent 6 months in jail for it; she told me this and I found out on my own she has a felony fraud and drug conviction. She is a violent person, has a violent son as well who is 14 and lives at a school for kids like him in PA. She wants him to live with her, Oh God, I pray that doesn't happen. I want to tell landlord but she would know I told and I am afraid of her. The cops were here because of an issue she was having with a woman who created hacov on our street. Haven't seen or heard from her in over 24 hours, yee-haw!! Time to wash quilt, and some throws.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Since the shade cloth did NOT get put up in the greenhouse yesterday I absolutely, positively MUST do it this morning.

But I did plant cannas in: the third half barrel at the bottom of the driveway AND three very large pots up by the garage. Chatting with neighbor going for a walk while I was down the driveway, mentioned my excess of canna bulbs. She wants some! Put some of each of the four different kinds separately bagged in boxes under our mailboxes. So happy to give them away!

Moved the three cast iron plants (Aspidistra elatior if you want their Latin name) our of our closet - they spend the winter on a shelf in front of the window. Repotted and treated for bugs with a systemic. I feel O.K. to use a systemic on these because they do not flower but would not use it on flowering plants which would harm bees and butterflies.

Mowed the front and side lawn, then used cart to move last bulbs out of the basement so I can repot them, water, and welcome into growth.

Noticed that deer ate the lilies.

All that was yesterday. So today will be put up shade cloth, repot bulbs, mow rest of lawn (back and side by greenhouse.) Am I having fun yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.