Name Three Things - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
It's not really that bad anymore, esp since we're home to keep an eye on things. And when we're not home, we take turns putting the girls in time-out. Early in the morning can be ugly. The other morning, Muffin jumped off the bed and then I heard her in the litter box in the computer room. Just that quickly, I felt Mollipop slide off the bed. I waited a minute or so, then I slipped out of the bed. And found Molli in the doorway of the computer room, waiting for Muffin. When I walked over, Molli took off and Muffin was able to finish in peace.

But if I'm in the house or if Rick's in the house, for the most part, things are fine. We keep a close eye on both of them. Muffin has been here now for about 9 years, I'm thinking, and I keep telling both of them that nobody is going anywhere and they need to deal. It's not as bad as it used to be. Both of them can be on the bed, Molli at the head and Muffin at the foot and they'll sleep together. Go figure.
  • Breakfast for the girls and I just finished my coffee. I was on the phone with my co-worker (who was telling me what's going on virus-wise at the county. Lay-offs, work from home, etc.) I need to raise the blinds in the shed. Rick is on the couch; he and I both feel very fatigued, probably from whatever it is that he had. He feels better, just really tired. I feel OK, for now anyway, just also a bit pooped.
  • I finally finished binge-watching Designing Women on Hulu last night and will find something else. I always liked Designing Women and adored Julia Sugarbaker's views.
  • A bit of vacuuming and a swiffer about the house. Wipe down kitchen and bathroom.
  • I want to go down to the freezers and do some organizing.
And that's that for Friday.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I've gotten everyone watered and fed

Need to clean litterboxes and do a small water change for the fishy boys (all kind of the same thing lol)

order a couple things that aren't carried by any local stores

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
  • Boxes
  • Tea
  • May do some throws. My new helper started yesterday and I really like her! She's pleasant, loves to joke. She went to the store, swept and mopped the floors, did dishes, poured the new litter into the container I store it in. Sherry refused to do that and it caused the pain to get worse as 30 something pounds is way too much for me. It was so wonderful to have someone here who likes their job. Will read and watch some movies today.

Winchester Winchester Love Designing Women! They were so funny!
My Kirsten hated Callie when she moved herself in. Cornered her in the litter box, like Molli did to Muffin.Would hide and then pop-out and hiss at her, followed her around and badgered her. I was surprised Cal wanted to stay here but she put up with it and never defended herself. Then about 14 months later I was sitting on the deck with my helper. Kirsten was on one deck chair and Cal was on another. Kirsten jumped on Cal's chair!! Cal had a look on her face like what's going on??? They were on the same chair for about an hour. Kirs still let Cal know she was still the boss, but they slept on the bed together. The Vincie girl stayed out of it because she was the main boss. All was well.

Last edited:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 I was wondering how your day went with your new helper. I'm so glad it went well for you and I really do hope it continues. Does she enjoy cooking, do you know? That would be super if she liked to cook and bake for you. How many days will she be there?
And Callie sounds like a real sweetheart. Vincie stayed out of it because she was the Queen and she knew it and she was secure in her order in the house. That's how Banshee was, too; she was so secure in her reign in the house that she didn't care what happened with the rest of the cats. Another cat to sit on my lap? OK, as long as there was room for her, too, that was fine. Another cat come in between the Queen B and me in bed? She'd take a deep breath and let it go. She knew she was Queen and it was all OK.

We think Jackie has taken a turn for the worse again. She threw up yesterday twice and she now has diarrhea. She pooped on the kitchen floor last night and then three times during the night. She has a vet appt this coming Friday, so we'll see where she stands. Both vomiting and diarrhea are signs of the gall bladder infection. We were wondering how she'd do once we were done giving her the antibiotics and they had gotten completely through her system. She's more tired than she was, too. If things continue this way, we'll have to move the vet appt up sooner. I can't say it's something she ate because we've been so careful with her food.
  • Cleaned up three poop messes in the kitchen this morning (from The Beast), cleaned the kitchen floor, breakfast for the girls (and The Beast ate well), emptied the dishwasher, and am enjoying my morning coffee. I'll raise the blinds in the shed in a few minutes. Meanwhile Rick is scooping boxes.
  • Supposed to be a nice day, so I'm going to go out and pick up branches and such from our latest wind storm. There are branches all over the yard today. I think that, if the wind dies down, Rick may do a burn in the garden. It's really a beautiful morning.
  • I didn't make it down to the freezers yesterday, so I'm going down today. I want to take stock of what's down there, make a new What's in the Freezers? list and see where we stand.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Mom’s laundry, starting a roast in the crockpot, waiting a few hours for it to warm up so I can get outside and pick up fallen branches. Tried to get to a new gym, Anytime Fitness, this morning but my key fob no longer works so I will have to wait until next week and go in when it is manned to update.

Couldn’t stand going without any exercise so even though temps haven’t reached the 30’s I went for a short walk. Fresh air felt good, arthritic foot seemed to do fine (we will see how it feels tomorrow) and I feel a little better about sitting the rest of the day.

Last edited:

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Continued cleaning in the garden behind the kitchen end of the house. Planted 40 more liatris corms - directions say April for my area but that's for a "normal" season, not this one. Tomorrow I need to dispose of the garden debris, create more garden debris and dispose of it, plant 40 more liatris, and mulch all the newly planted areas with shredded leaf mulch.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
but that's for a "normal" season, not this one.
Isn't THAT the truth, I'm expecting to put tomatoes in earlier (usually in late May or thereabouts but who knows this year), and never mind some of the "cold" veggies, geez!

I didn't get The Cat groomed, he moved and got under a blanket (not like he knew or anything lol)

I did get some dusting done, and also some extra cleaning around the microwave, backsplash and stove :). It's amazing how far a serious splatter can go lol

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Above and beyond the every-morning activities today I have
1) unloaded the dishwasher
2) written an email cancelling my propagating native plants at the local arboretum on March 21
3) will wash / dry a load of clothes
4) go outside and garden

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester Caylee said she cooks. She is very pleasant and cheery. She'll work Monday-Friday 8:30 am-11:30am. She only lives about 5 blocks from me.

Boxes
Tea
Washed some throws, had a really loooonnnnggg bath. About an hour. Nicole is sending food down soon.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 I'm glad she likes to cook and her living not so far away from you is really good!

We put Jackie's things away: the dishes, her beds, her towels, combs and brushes, nail clippers, etc. Rick did a lot of it last night; he simply didn't want to look at the things anymore. He's not handling this well at all. Between her death and all the coronavirus stuff, he's really depressed. I had ordered a new Seresto collar from Amazon; fortunately I was able to cancel the order.

His mom isn't happy at all with the coronavirus and us not being allowed in the nursing home. She knows it's for the best, but there's nobody there to do her Kindle with the library books. Rick's sister has a care meeting this afternoon. She's going to ask if Rick and I can come up to the home, stay outside, have somebody bring her Kindle out to us on the porch. I can disinfect it, remove the old library books, fill it with new books, disinfect it again, and then the aide can take it back to her. We won't go inside the building at all. I don't know if they'll allow it, but we're checking into it.

I went to bed last night around 7:00. No TV, no iPad, no Kindle, nothing. I just went to bed. I was exhausted. Rick was too keyed up to sleep so he stayed out on the couch last night. He got up this morning with the girls and left me back in bed. I finally got up around 9:30. I was awake, but just didn't feel like facing the world. Molli stayed in bed with me.
  • Rick fed the girls and emptied the dishwasher; he'll scoop when he gets back from his walk. I vacuumed the house down, dusted (not swiffered, but actually dusted), washed windows, wiped the kitchen and bathroom and am working on the last of three loads of laundry. I still need to make the bed with the fresh sheets.
  • We didn't get the freezers done over the weekend; it just wasn't that important after everything else, so we're doing that today. I printed out my lists and I'm ready to go down to the basement after my last load of laundry goes through the dryer. We really do need to see where we stand and I got really lazy with knowing what we had.
  • Best Buy is going to call me tonight to let us know what time they're delivering Rick's new TV tomorrow morning. They'll leave it outside on the stoop, then Rick and I will bring it into the house.

Koveshnikov

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
we bought some new balls for cats :) they like to torment them when they don’t play football or rugby :) had lunch at the diner and went to the cafe for ice cream and milkshake :)

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1) A load of laundry is in the clothes washer waiting for transfer to the dryer. Which means that first the clothes in the dryer need to be removed and folded.

2) Went to the feed and grain store for eggs. As long as I was there I got wild bird seed. Jack has had to limit some people on livestock feed - if they would have gotten 5 and want 6 or 7 that's O.K. he said. But if they try to buy 10 or 15 bags of feed he's saying no.

3) Went onward to the small IGA in town. I have NEVER seen it like this. Out of chicken except for drumsticks. Very low on chop meat and what they had were smaller packages of the 85/15. Ample ground pork though. Milk was nicely available but no eggs. No bananas, no onions, mostly out of potatoes. Freezer case empty of vegetables. Asked about when bananas would be in. Maybe today but they're being shorted on what they order.

4) I shall go out and garden after lunch. That's always good.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did go out and garden. Need to soon collect all trash, pack up, and Himself will haul everything down to the street for tomorrow morning's pickup.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i was going to go grocery shopping later this week, but it looks like i'll be canceling the trip to the store. it's not worth going there, only to find that they're out of many items. in my case, i've just finished 'putting up' for the hot summer months. i'm set with dinner servings and dessert servings through September (until it starts cooling down again). i'm in pretty good shape, except for salad making items, milk/eggs/yogurt/cottage cheese, and a few other items. i'll reschedule the grocery shopping to after the 'panic' has passed and the grocery stores are stocked again.

today i'll wash the dishes, scoop the litter boxes, and keep the wood stove going 'low and slow'.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester I'm sorry about Rick. These are strange times indeed, yeah? And with Jackie's going to the Bridge it makes
it even harder;I'm glad.Caylee is cheery because I feel like crying when she's not here. I've been on the deck a few times and realize how difficult it's going to be in the warm months without my Vincie girl.I'm considering buying ASPCA pet insurance and if i do I will get a kitten.It's highly rated and reasonably.priced.

K Koveshnikov Sounds like a nice for you, Nicky, and the cats. The best part being the ice cream!

• Boxes
  • Tea
  • Making a list for Caylee.I'm glad.she's is cheery because I feel like crying when she's not here. I've been on the deck a few times and realize how difficult it's going to be in the warm months without my Vincie girl.I'm considering buying ASPCA pet insurance and if i do I will get a kitten.It's highly rated and reasonably.priced. Like Rick, COVID19 has made me depressed. Trying to snap out of it so I'm limiting my exposure to it. I know what I need to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.