Name Three Things - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Well, dang. I was really hoping to get through the spring without a cold or the flu this year. That was before Rick got sick overnight. He awakened with a scratchy throat, he's really pooped, and he's just not in good shape. That means that I'll be getting it too; it's just a matter of time. I think he got it from going into work; he said that the flu is running through the place.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and I came out to the shed and made my coffee out here. Needed to check on the violets, see how they're doing. I'll scoop boxes in a bit.
  • Do a load of sweats this morning.
And that's pretty much it for my Wednesday.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hang in there!!

Poo patrol in the back yard, and then got the trash out for the weekly pickup

fed cat his regular wet food and his milk thistle food, and got a clean bowl/fresh water out. Fed the fish but one of my betta boys is having a little trouble with the time change lol

I'll do a small water change for them today

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, dang. I was really hoping to get through the spring without a cold or the flu this year. That was before Rick got sick overnight. He awakened with a scratchy throat, he's really pooped, and he's just not in good shape. That means that I'll be getting it too; it's just a matter of time. I think he got it from going into work; he said that the flu is running through the place.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and I came out to the shed and made my coffee out here. Needed to check on the violets, see how they're doing. I'll scoop boxes in a bit.
  • Do a load of sweats this morning.
And that's pretty much it for my Wednesday.
Go to the drugstore and pick up some Zicam swabs. You swab I side your nose with it at the very first sign you are getting a cold and it will either stop the cold or greatly reduce its length. Been using them for years and only one cold in ten years.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I struggled down the stairs to feed Tommy and the birds and squirrels. I toasted a piece of whole grain bread and added vegan butter for breakfast.

My physical therapist came by to show me some exercises to do twice a day for my upcoming knee surgery.

I am snacking on some cheese and crackers while I'm going through my favorite cat forum.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i'll wash the dishes, and scoop the litter boxes. i'm thinking i'll make a batch of sloppy joes, so i'll move some ground beef and a couple pint jars of ketchup to the fridge to thaw. move some cold cuts to the fridge to thaw. i'll also spend some time with my budget.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
  • Boxes
  • Tea
  • My new helper will start on Friday so I'll try to do some light chores today. Cal is sleeping beside me, cooing, mewing, snoring and snorting, darling baby. She is so vocal since the Vincie girl went to the bridge and I don't know why. She makes a "wow" sound, so sweet. She rarely spoke now she is Chatty Kathy, ha!
Winchester Winchester Pam, how are you feeling?
micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom The sloppy joes sound so good! I haven't had them in awhile.
muffy muffy Do you when you'll be having the knee surgery? Is it a replacement?

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Callie sounds ike such a sweetheart, Mia6 Mia6 . Maybe when Vincie was alive, Callie was content to let Vincie be the dominant baby and now she's coming into her own.

When we both worked, Muffin spent most of her time in the computer room, so Molli couldn't get to her. Now that we're home all the time, Muffin isn't in the room that much at all and she's really blooming. She's taken control of the kitchen table and she has a favorite chair in the living room. As soon as our butts hit the couch, her butt hits us. She's really come into her own and she's seems so much happier. She still worries about Molli attacking her, but she also knows that we're around to stop it. And when we do leave the house, we take turns putting the cats into solitary confinement; sometimes it's Muffin, but sometimes it's Molli. Muffin has really bloomed.

Rick is feeling better this morning and, so far, I'm OK. *knock on wood* My sister and BIL brought our GS cookies in last night and I met them outside. When she asked me why they couldn't come in, I told her that Rick was sick and we weren't sure yet if it was a cold or the flu or what. You never saw a woman turn around so fast! They got in their car, she hollered out, "See ya!" and that was that. I felt bad for doing it and she texted me to apologize, but we're not taking chances.
  • Breakfast for the girls and I'm out in the shed with my coffee. I raised the blinds and turned some lights on for the plants since it's not very sunny this morning. Rick emptied the dishwasher and will scoop later.
  • A quick vacuum and swiffer about the living room
  • Rick is bowling tonight, so I may play some Nintendo while he's gone
ETA: Rick found somebody to sub for him at bowling tonight. He said he didn't want to take whatever he has to the bowling alley and contaminate everybody. He won't be bowling.

Last edited:

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
muffy muffy Do you when you'll be having the knee surgery? Is it a replacement?
[/QUOTE]
I really need to have the knee replacements done as soon as possible although I am scared to death to have the surgery. I am having one done at a time.

My sister has been trying to make the appointment for me with the orthopedic doctor to have the surgery but he wants a note from the doctor that did the surgery saying it is OK to have the knee surgery but he will not do it. He thinks it is ridiculous for him to have to give the OK for me to have the knee surgery. It has been going back and forth and hopefully it will be worked out.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
I really need to have the knee replacements done as soon as possible although I am scared to death to have the surgery. I am having one done at a time.
Nicole has had both of hers done as well as my b.i.l. They really needed them done and now it's as though they are real knees.
Larry had his last one done on he 7th of October of 2019 and he was back at work in a month. That is really quick and he
his 71! He works out a lot and rides his bike as well.

Winchester Winchester So Molli likes to rule? Muffin feels safe with Mom and Dad around. Have you always separated them when you leave?
Do you think Molli would really hurt Muffin?

Good idea that Rick found a sub

Last edited:

Koveshnikov

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
ate ice cream in a local milk cafe :) Stef, as always, chose strawberries, and Mysti chose blueberries :) walked around the suburbs :) admired the bright blue sky and snow-white clouds :)

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 Yes, Molli would half-kill Muffin if she had the chance. Molli has claws; Muffin was declawed when Mom had her, so she has no defense. Molli went after Muffin one time when we were working outside and, til we got inside the house, Muffin had blood running down her front legs with little puddles of blood on the floor. We heard Muffin screaming and ran to the house with me yelling, "Molli NO! Molli STOP!" I don't know what the heck the neighbors thought.

Molli had cornered her in the computer room in a litter box and Muffin couldn't get out, and it gave Molli a chance to really rake Muffin's legs. There was blood every where. It was really bad. We started keeping Muffin in the computer room with the door shut whenever we weren't home, simply for her own protection. And even now, if we're going to be outside or out in the shed, we separate the two girls. Sometimes we put Molli in the bedroom, sometimes we put Muffin in the computer room. Always, always separated.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 Yes, Molli would half-kill Muffin if she had the chance. Molli has claws; Muffin was declawed when Mom had her, so she has no defense. Molli went after Muffin one time when we were working outside and, til we got inside the house, Muffin had blood running down her front legs with little puddles of blood on the floor. We heard Muffin screaming and ran to the house with me yelling, "Molli NO! Molli STOP!" I don't know what the heck the neighbors thought.

Molli had cornered her in the computer room in a litter box and Muffin couldn't get out, and it gave Molli a chance to really rake Muffin's legs. There was blood every where. It was really bad. We started keeping Muffin in the computer room with the door shut whenever we weren't home, simply for her own protection. And even now, if we're going to be outside or out in the shed, we separate the two girls. Sometimes we put Molli in the bedroom, sometimes we put Muffin in the computer room. Always, always separated.
Wowza!!! Is si just Muffin that Molli goes after?

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
ate ice cream in a local milk cafe :) Stef, as always, chose strawberries, and Mysti chose blueberries :) walked around the suburbs :) admired the bright blue sky and snow-white clouds :)
Ice cream sounds good! I may have some, Dutch chocolate.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Last visit to my regular gym this morning. Then cleanup from yesterday’s cooking, washed kitchen floor and hardwood living room, dining room and hall floors. This afternoon I need to catchup on laundry.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor little Muffin. I hope she will be alright. Isn't she your oldest cat? I used to have a Muffin and she lived to be 18. She was so sweet.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Muffin is ten years old, the same age as Mollipop. Amber, at 18, is our oldest since Ms. Pepe died. Muffin is simply a sweetheart. When she lived with Mom, she was an only cat, so she wasn’t used to other cats. And when she came to live with us, Mollipop was insanely jealous and hated her on sight. Muffin and I bonded hard and it was strong. Molli has a hard time with it.

Not only did Muffin have to get used to other cats, but we were also going through a big kitchen remodel. She went from a house where absolutely nothing happened from day to day to a house where lots of new stuff was going on. And came into a house where the Alpha Cat hated her guts and she didn’t know why. It was really difficult for her.

Even now, if Molli walks within five feet of Muffin, Muffin will start to keen. Or the two of them will sit and face each other and keen back and forth. As much as I love and adore Mollipop, the girl is a bully, pure and simple. She knows she can get under Muffin’s fur and she’ll do it every chance she gets. Those who say that cats do not have emotions are, quite frankly, full of crap. They’ve never met Molli.

It’s just easier to keep the two separated when we’re not here to watch them.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Muffin is ten years old, the same age as Mollipop. Amber, at 18, is our oldest since Ms. Pepe died. Muffin is simply a sweetheart. When she lived with Mom, she was an only cat, so she wasn’t used to other cats. And when she came to live with us, Mollipop was insanely jealous and hated her on sight. Muffin and I bonded hard and it was strong. Molli has a hard time with it.

Not only did Muffin have to get used to other cats, but we were also going through a big kitchen remodel. She went from a house where absolutely nothing happened from day to day to a house where lots of new stuff was going on. And came into a house where the Alpha Cat hated her guts and she didn’t know why. It was really difficult for her.

Even now, if Molli walks within five feet of Muffin, Muffin will start to keen. Or the two of them will sit and face each other and keen back and forth. As much as I love and adore Mollipop, the girl is a bully, pure and simple. She knows she can get under Muffin’s fur and she’ll do it every chance she gets. Those who say that cats do not have emotions are, quite frankly, full of crap. They’ve never met Molli.

It’s just easier to keep the two separated when we’re not here to watch them.
I am sorry to hear that Muffin is having such a difficult time. I hope everything works out for that sweet thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.