Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
  • Boxes
  • Tea
  • DId a load of throws, rested, dishes. Drinking afternoon tea now.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
Hauled out three HBLBs (honking big litter boxes), assorted pee pads (Lily is overshooting), and litter mats from the "cats'" bathroom; swept and scrubbed the floor, misted it with Anti-Icky-Poo (urine cleaner), and let it dry; then carted everything back in again and set it up. Cats immediately went in, used the boxes, and tracked litter back out again. But, hey. They used the boxes, right? :)

Did a load of laundry after a session of cleaning up Miss Lily Diarrhea-Butt. She transferred some of it to my clothes. There was much growling and hissing. By Lily, too. :lol: I guess I need to dial back on the fish oil a bit and build up her tolerance, although I thought I was taking it slowly enough. Clearly not.

Began to edit an article for my community newsletter--and I'm hoping that the writer isn't too sensitive about having her stuff edited. It's a bit rough.

The sun is shining and it's 66 degrees. Lovely!

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Did a load of laundry after a session of cleaning up Miss Lily-Butt. She transferred some of it to my clothes. There was much growling and hissing. By Lily, too. :lol:
Ha!! Sounds as though you had a busy afternoon of cleaning.

I'm certain she'll like the editing as she'll want it to look very well-written.

Winchester Winchester Pam, how is your foot?

• Boxes
  • Tea
  • Chores, new helper starts Monday

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 Thanks for asking. It's not bad *knock on wood* No twinges of pain. I'm only walking a mile at a time, but still shooting for about 8,000 steps a day.

We took Halos to Rick's mom last night; she's been wanting some oranges and she loves them. She also messed up her Kindle again, so I fixed that for her. She was playing Bingo in the dining hall, so we didn't bother her, just went back to the room so that I could do the Kindle and we dropped off the oranges. Then, on the way out, we stopped at the dining hall to tell her we were there and that her Kindle was OK again.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, walked a mile, threw the first of two loads of laundry in the washer, and am sitting here with my coffee. I'll do the litter boxes in a few. Rick raised the blinds in the shed for me.
  • A bit of laundry
  • Tax day in our house. Ick. I hate tax day.
  • It's trash night

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Did a load of laundry after a session of cleaning up Miss Lily Diarrhea-Butt. She transferred some of it to my clothes. There was much growling and hissing. By Lily, too. :lol:

Began to edit an article for my community newsletter--and I'm hoping that the writer isn't too sensitive about having her stuff edited. It's a bit rough.
You sound like me with Mollipop! :lol:

When I was doing my college internship, my boss was a very intelligent man, but couldn't spell or use grammar to save his life. He would write reports and papers, then give them to me with a red marker and say, "Bleed it!" And yeah, til I was finished, the paper was very red with my editing. He never got angry because he knew that I did a good job for him, although I did see him with his head in his hands a couple times. :)

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, editing can be helpful. Simple corrections like removing duplications, etc. But I am convinced that there is no stronger drive than an editor's efforts to amend / alter / change / revise a writer's text. Sometimes to good effect but - and I say this as an author - sometimes it distorts what the author has written. At least for my books I always got to review the revisions before they were locked in.

That said, this morning I am very chuffed, swelled in the head. Was reading a BBC article about Tulip Mania last night. The included image, supposedly of tulip bulps, was of hyacinth bulbs. Also, the author said that the price of Semper Augustus (one of the extremely expensive "broken" tulips) would drop over time as the bulbs made off sets.

Well, I could not let this pass! So I emailed the BBC, told them about the image. Mentioned that the broken tulips were the result of lily mottle virus which weakened them and they would not freely make offsets. Lo and behold, this morning in my email is a message from the author. Thanked me for the bulb image correction but said that even though the broken tulips were weaker they would offset and thus the price would drop.

I beg to differ but who cares. My day is made!

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
WOOHOO got the taxes done today AND found that the work, thought, research and effort in adjustments, shifting, and more adjustments with a somewhat complicated situation throughout 2019 worked. :bliss::woohoo:

Before that, got all the chores done for the various critters and out the door for an early appointment

trash barrel out for pickup, and back inside

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Not too much on our agenda today.
The TVs went on sale at Best Buy (probably for tax season because of people getting their returns). The TV that I bought last November is now on sale for less than what I paid for it. That was all Rick needed to know. We bought the tv for the living room, will move the old tv from the living back to the bedroom, and will put the old tv from the bedroom in the basement. And I had some rewards points that were burning a hole in my pocket, plus sound bars were on sale and if you bought a tv and a sound bar, you got money off. I got a sound bar for the shed.
  • Breakfast for the girls, I raised the shed blinds, walked 1-1/2 miles, and am drinking my coffee. Rick emptied the dishwasher and will scoop the boxes.
  • Finished our tax returns, we get money back from the feds, but owe state and local (the money is going into savings for later on)
  • A quick vacuum about the house this morning
And that will be our Thursday

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I am getting ready to catch Willow and give her the grooming she hasn’t gotten for months. Sometimes I can do it the day I planned, sometimes It will take me a week to grab her. I try to not have to chase her because she poops and pees if I do so it is a matter of right spot, right time for a quick grab. Once I get her we head into the shower stall where she shivers and acts like death is forthcoming while I clip and comb her. Wish me luck

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
  • Boxes
  • Tea
  • Words with Friends, was on here for a bit, had a lovely loooooonnnngggg bath! I was in the tub for about 45 mins, just kept draining the cold water and adding hot. Rinsed off with the overhead shower head and massager for another 10 mins or so, but hot water was turning warm. Did a load of smalls, had bean soup for brekkie. It's cold but sunny. :thumbsup:

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today I went to Wal-Mart and Shop-Rite. Was successful in finding ammonia - window cleaning time, you know, and I'm now all out. And Progresso chicken noodle soup, two shrink wrapped boxes of 12 each on the very top shelf. Got someone to help. He got one flat down, put one can in my cart. I smiled and said, sweetly, "I'd like six, please." No echinacea in either store. BUT a friend shopping in Pennsylvania found it at a Whole Foods. Got me a bottle. Dear woman.

Came home, did lunch, went into the garden starting to cut winter damaged leaves off the hundreds of hellebores. Shall be busy until next winter with this . . . And picking up sticks and branches, relocating to the boundary brush pile.

In a bit I want to clean some more windows today. Yesterday I got the outside windows on the bottom floor on two sides of the house. Everything else has to be from inside with the windows cranked open and my arm stretched to reach all of the glass. Insides - plan to tackle insides of windows the next rainly day.

And daylight saving time starts on Sunday. IMHO it doesn't save anything. Just makes the animals crazy - cats not too bad but when I had chickens - oy!

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I was bored yesterday, so I fed my sourdough starter and made the dough for sourdough cinnamon-raisin English muffins. It rose overnight in the fridge.
  • Breakfast for the girls, walked one mile, and raised the blinds in the shed. Rick emptied the dishwasher and scooped boxes.
  • Rick is out for his walk, so I took the time while he was gone to do a quick vacuum and swiffer about the house. I wiped down the bathroom while I was at it.
  • Rolled out my English muffin dough to cut the muffins; they're rising in the oven now on the Proof cycle. I should be able to start cooking them in the electric frying pan in about 45 minutes or so.
  • The sound bar for the tv in the shed should be coming in today; if it gets here, we'll take it out and set it up.
  • I really need printer paper, for the first time since our local Staples closed (I miss that store). I guess I'll check Target, see if they have it. I have a $5 coupon to use, so might as well use it on paper.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
susanm9006 susanm9006 What do you use to dematt her?
Winchester Winchester Pam, my mouth is watering!!
  • Boxes
  • Tea
  • Washed 2 loads of throws, dishes, Mac&Cheese for brekkie, not sure what I'll have for dinner, maybe tomato soup and grilled cheese. I'm jonesin for coleslaw. I think Ina has a recipe for it that has blue cheese in it, not sure.. or maybe it's a blue cheese souffle, either way they both sound good, ha!! New helper is not starting till Thursday but that's ok. I want to throw out some stuff and she can't really help with that. Crazy weather today; was sunny, then 10 mins later huge flakes of snow were coming down.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today is an odds-and-ends sort of day. So far I did
1) unload the dishwasher. No big deal as it can be accomplished while cats are fed, bagel is toasted and dishes on table. Still counts though.
2) Decided I want to defrost the small college-dorm size refrigerator with internal freezer. That's because I
3) Want to repack the larger container of dried milk into individual units that are suitable to reconstitute into a quart, then store in a freezer. And downstairs is rather full, upstairs refrigerator freezer is very full.

Status
Not open for further replies.