Name Three Things - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester Sounds like the Beast wants to come home. Maybe the not eating is from stress,,,,not being around
her mom, dad, and sissies. Tail waving is good,.sweet girl!!💖💝💟

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Yesterday afternoon, The Beast was in fine form when we visited. She came in the exam room door and immediately started crying and whimpering when she saw us. She was so happy. She's starting to get very anxious about staying there. And she's really alert. They said she ate some baby food in the morning and ate a super lunch. They kept her yesterday yet because she's due for blood work this morning. We're going down at some point today and will bring her home, regardless of how she's feeling. She wants to come home and we want her home.

I put all the Winterberry dishes away yesterday and brought out the Fiesta for the hutch and China cabinet. We still have a few snowman pieces in the kitchen and I'll put them away mid-March or so. Still using snowflake tablecloths and bed sheets and will continue that until mid-March or so, too.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and am drinking my coffee. Later on, I'll raise the shed blinds and scoop boxes.
  • I have the first of two loads of laundry in the washer
  • When the hospital calls, we'll bring The Beast home (we're really hoping we can!)
  • Drop Rick's truck off at the garage this afternoon for inspection tomorrow

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday afternoon, The Beast was in fine form when we visited. She came in the exam room door and immediately started crying and whimpering when she saw us. She was so happy. She's starting to get very anxious about staying there. And she's really alert. They said she ate some baby food in the morning and ate a super lunch. They kept her yesterday yet because she's due for blood work this morning. We're going down at some point today and will bring her home, regardless of how she's feeling. She wants to come home and we want her home.
I'm so happy she's coming home, lovely girl.💖💝

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Well, we hope she's coming home. If she's as good as she was yesterday, she'll be home with us. The vet flushed her system out and is hoping that she has the infection under control. But even if she's good now, it's just a matter of time before the infection comes back. We'll have to be careful what we give her to eat, although she's never had "bad" food. Her snacks and treats pretty much consist of a very few peanuts, chunks of apple or carrot (and I've started to peel the apple for her because she's having a bit of trouble chewing the peel), chunks of butternut squash or sweet potato. She was getting a Pedigree "cookie" every morning. And her prescription dog food for her kidneys. Only bottled spring water, which is what all the girls drink. She gets a small dollop of peanut butter every morning with her meds. I don't think anything there is bad for her. That's why this thing with her gall bladder really threw us; we thought we were doing a good job with her.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Today I put an offer on a house, still waiting to see if it was accepted. I also did some homework and fell asleep on the couch while doing homework. :lol:
What does it look like?

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
  • Boxes
  • Tea
  • Went back to sleep for an hour, put a load of clothes in the washer, Make a list for helper.finish February's book of the month

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
MonaLyssa33 MonaLyssa33 Congrats on your offer; I hope you get your house! If you do, I'd love to see some pictures.
  • We took Rick's truck into the garage this morning as we didn't want to leave The Beast home by herself yesterday, since she just got home. When we go in this afternoon, we'll pick the truck up and drop Clarence off for his inspection.
  • I made up a quick spreadsheet for meds for The Beast. She's on seven different meds and we thought a spreadsheet with times and dates might help us when we give them to her. And it's also good to give to the vet on Friday when The Beast goes back for blood work, so she knows when we've given the meds.
  • Must work on a bit of a grocery list; the cats have enough food for Tuesday yet.
I feel like I'm losing control of the house! Got up this morning and the kitchen was an absolute mess. Dishes in the dishwasher, dishes in the sink, meds all over the place, half-empty cans of dog food in the fridge that The Beast did like, but doesn't anymore, or that we tried and she didn't like. Molli puked up her breakfast this morning for the first time in a while. Rick still promises to steam clean the living room, but I'm not holding my breath. I think I need to work, just to avoid the chaos, but then I'd just have to deal with the chaos when I got home anyway. I need some semblance of order in my life. Hopefully, things will calm down soon.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My offer on the house was accepted today. You know what won the sellers? My love letter about the house where I went on and on about my cats. :crackup: The sellers had cats and I mentioned how I met one of them on my first tour of the house and how I hoped my cats would become the new unofficial tour guides of the house.

So today I have been freaking out and planning what I will be doing until I close next month.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That’s wonderful. What suburb will you be in?
Brooklyn Center. I'll be farther from my job, but I don't plan on staying there for much longer since I'm getting my Master's in a completely different field, but I'm moving about 15 minutes closer to everyone I know (I'm currently about 30 minutes from everyone), so I feel it's an okay trade-off.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Brooklyn Center. I'll be farther from my job, but I don't plan on staying there for much longer since I'm getting my Master's in a completely different field, but I'm moving about 15 minutes closer to everyone I know (I'm currently about 30 minutes from everyone), so I feel it's an okay trade-off.
That sounds great!

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
MonaLyssa33 MonaLyssa33 Love, love, love the house!! and the love letter!! I know you'll be very happy there💖
Winchester Winchester Relax, Pam. You'll get it all done. Have some downtime in your shed with a book and a cuppa. So glad the Beast
is home. :hugs: :redheartpump:

boxes
tea
Had a bad day yesterday thinking about the Vincie girl so I sprayed Cal's mice with catnip oil, let them dry. She had a blast, then crashed for 2 hours, ha! Helper was a piece of non-work yesterday. She told me I was nosy, which I am, but it hurt my feelings. She wants to know everything about my family but if I ask about hers she clams up. I'm not going to have her come in tomorrow, I need her to run some errands today but I need a break from her laziness and rudeness. I have a list of Independent Providers, aides who work for themselves and I'm going to make some phone calls. They usually have all the clients they can handle but maybe I'll get lucky.
Going out for dinner with Nicole.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 :hugs: :hugs:

Oh, I know things will come around in the house. I had a nice pity party for myself, which basically consisted of telling my self, "Self, get a grip. Things could be a lot worse, you know. Get your big-self panties on and deal. For crying out loud." And I'm fine today.

The Beast is turning into a real Diva. She likes a food for one or two meals, then she turns her nose up at it and walks away. Yesterday she just loved Blue Buffalo Beef. "yum, yum, yum, can't get enough, Mom! So good!" This morning? Gives it a sniff, turns her back, looks up at me and, "Seriously? You really don't expect me to eat this, do you?" Finally I said, "Yes, I do expect you to eat this." She finally ate most of it. Then turned her back to the dish, flopped on the floor, and said, "There! Happy now?" Her new food has been shipped; I'm hoping it gets here today. She has to eat that and, if she doesn't, I don't know what we're going to do. Oh, and the food MUST be microwaved and MUST be mixed with warm water, too. Or she won't even look at it. The days of eating kibble are over. I'm calling her the Diva Beast now.

FWIW, Mollipop loves Jackie's food. I was busy in the kitchen this morning and wasn't paying attention. Jackie was at Molli's plate, scarfing down Molli's breakfast. And where was Molli? Why, she was over at Jackie's plate, scarfing down Jackie's breakfast. I just shook my head and got them straightened out. :lol:

But she is doing well overall. The flag flies, not real high, but it flies. She's again leading Rick around the yard. She's not leaping up the steps to the living room, but Rick doesn't have to carry her. We're happy.
  • Breakfast for the girls and I'm drinking my coffee. When I'm done, I'll throw a load of kitty-stuff in the washer.
  • Must grab some cat food at the store
  • We picked the truck up from the garage yesterday and dropped off Clarence for his inspection, which will be done today. The truck didn't need anything; hopefully Clarence won't either. I can't believe that it's mid-February and I'm still driving Clarence! Usually he's been packed away for the winter well before this. As long as the weather holds, I'll drive him.
And that's it for our rainy Tuesday.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
After a pretty yuck filled week, dealing with the aftermath of my 40 year old nephews sudden death from undiagnosed heart failure a week ago , I am trying to get back into my normal routine. I complain how badly my mom can mess her house up in a week and now see that I can almost do the same. So snow blowing this morning, then gym and then cleaning and cleaning and cleaning up.

Status
Not open for further replies.