Name Three Things - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I can bring Clarence home tonight. The garage guru couldn't find a leak and couldn't find a thing wrong, other than no power steering fluid. But he doesn't know why; as I said there's no leak. He added fluid and says he's running well. He's not going to charge me for anything. Rick brought me into work, so when he picks me up tonight, we'll go to the garage to bring Clarence home. I don't know how much longer I'll be driving him this winter; it's pretty much time to put him into storage until spring.
  • Breakfast for the girls and got ready for work
  • Pick Clarence up at the garage tonight
  • Start binge-watching Evil tonight, if I can stay awake long enough. My problem with this show is the same thing that happened when I tried to binge-watch the first season of GoT: I fall asleep during the first 5-10 minutes. Every single time. Mollipop and I will be out in the shed during the evening.
I think that's pretty much it.

BTW, did I mention that I brought Molli out to the shed over the Thanksgiving weekend? She cried a bit and walked around, sniffing and looking around. She got up on her hind legs and looked out the windows (they're close to the floor). Then she came over to me and sat with me for a couple minutes. She was only in the shed for about 15-20 minutes or so and then I took her back to the house. But Rick said that after I went back out to the shed that night, she sat by the front door, meowing for me. I'm going to try again tonight for a while.
She missed you, awwww

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today was Christmas at the Howell living history farm. Here's a picture to titivate you, of bringing the tree to the farmhouse.
Howell-Christmas on the farm_2019-12_here comes the Christmas tree.jpg

I did do a load of laundry before I left (it's waiting for me in the dryer.)
And everyone will be fed dinner, Salisbury steak for Himself and me, cat food for the boys.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
C catapault I really like that picture.
We finally finished trimming the tree in the living room yesterday.

And my back hurts this morning. Not bad, just enough to let me know that I overdid it on Saturday. I spent the afternoon outside, picking up the larger rocks that were brought to the surface from digging that trench. I picked three wheelbarrows of rocks and took them up to the garden. Then, because our back yard (the area right behind the house) is inundated with fallen leaves again, I did some raking and threw the leaves in the wheelbarrow and hauled them up to the garden. I think I had six wheelbarrows of leaves til I was done. The wind picked up and, as fast as I was putting leaves in the wheelbarrow, they were blowing back out onto the ground. At that point, I said, "OK! You win! I'm done!" But all that bending down did a number on my back. Last night, I could barely walk. This morning, I still have twinges, but it's not as bad.

I found teaberries, but boy they got expensive (at least to me). While we were out yesterday morning, we went to an Amish bulk food store and they had them; they were out of them for a month, they said. We also checked out a store that has smaller vendors inside. I bought a metal sun (will take a picture of it). Then onto one of our local candy stores for some chocolate-covered pretzels, some chocolate cashew clusters, and some coated mixed nuts. *sigh* I'll never be thin again. Tis the season!

Rick had the primer on the shed table. And yesterday, he did the first coat of Sonic Plum. It's......bright! I like it.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and am sitting back here with my morning coffee. Rick stripped the bed down and put the sheets in the washer. I'll scoop the boxes after I've finished my coffee
  • I have three loads of laundry, other than the sheets.
  • A bit of housecleaning (vacuuming and swiffering) that I didn't get done yesterday because of working outside. Also need to vacuum and swiffer a bit out in the shed.
Work calls tomorrow (Monday). But....it's my last full working week! :yess:

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
bringing the tree to the farmhouse.
Thank you for sharing this!!

Fairly major clean of the fish tank and shifted a couple of marimo algea balls back into the aquarium, supervised Big Poppycat outside, and watching the Broncos NFL football game 14 - 0 at the end of the first quarter woopwoop.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
  • Boxes
  • Tea
  • May have a piece of Nicole's birthday cake. I wasn't able to go for dinner but Daniel brought food over. He brought Prime grade 2 inch pork tenderloins with him, packed in dry ice. He's a chef and they close for the season so he comes home for about a month. I asked him to please cut my meat before he brought it because I have probs with that. The pieces were huge, ha!! And he makes a cream sauce to go with; stoned ground mustard, cream, and shallots, it's so good I could drink it.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Oh wow, Mia6 Mia6 that pork and the sauce sound divine. There are times when I'll order two-rib pork chops from the butcher for special recipes; the butcher looks at me and says, "What are you trying out now, Pam?" The joys of living in a small town. Everybody knows you by name. We eat a lot of pork tenderloin, too. The sauce sounds wonderful.

My last full week of work!

Watched four more episodes of Evil last night; it's kind of like the X-Files in a way, only with religion instead of aliens. I'm on episode 7 now. And I'll continue watching. It's interesting.
  • Breakfast for the girls and got ready for work.
  • I actually managed to get about half of a grocery list written down yesterday, so we'll grab a few groceries tonight.
And I think that's it.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
At least one row of Latchhook

Go pick up an aquarium water test product that has the one parameter I was missing. (I've been taking their water to be tested for free by Petco in the meantime, which is fine but not necessarily the most efficient).

Exercise, it'll be the treadmill today :)

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
It was supposed to be the gym, mom cleaning and shopping day and I was going to stop by the cable store to pick up new cable boxes for her since part of her Christmas gift is upgraded cable with voice remotes. i am also buying her a Alexa device so you can use its voice function to make lists, turn in lights etc. But it is snowing like crazy so we will see if it stops. Otherwise I will finish packing away craft show displays and leftover and do some straightening.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Drove through seriously crapola slippery roads to the cable store to pick up my moms new cable boxes and internet modem, to the grocery story for her requested groceries and then to her house to install. And I was blessed, it all went fine. More time spent moving her abundance of junk to get to the TV’s than it took to actually get everything hooked up and working. She was thrilled that she now has voice activated remotes. For Christmas she will get an Amazon Alexa so she will have more she can control with her voice.

Then I slid my way home where I intend to do absolutely nothing for the rest of the day except maybe start a puzzle.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
that pork and the sauce sound divine. There are times when I'll order two-rib pork chops from the butcher for special recipes; the butcher looks at me and says, "What are you trying out now, Pam?" The joys of living in a small town. Everybody knows you by name. We eat a lot of pork tenderloin, too. The sauce sounds wonderful.
Yep. We used to have an IGA and their meat was excellent. My mother would call an order in, have me walk down to pick it up, and I was allowed to stop at Brenneman's Drug Store for a cherry coke for 5 cents. It was a soda fountain inside the drug store and they used cherry syrup, it was so good. Can't imagine sending a six year old to the store now!! Are you getting excited about your last day?

susanm9006 susanm9006 You deserve a rest and a puzzle after all that bathroom work, helping mom, setting up cable, etc!!

• Boxes
  • Tea
  • Wash some never ending throws. Cal threw up a hairball on two of them, wanted out, I watched her throw up a big one, then she came back in and chowed down but ate some grass before she came in. I put A&D ointment on her nose, she licks it off and will either pass it or throw up hairball. I feel like pancakes for brekkie, not sure.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 I am excited, but also kind of worried. I've worked since I was 14 years old (50 years), so it's going to take a while before it all becomes real. Rick says that I'm going to have a hard time doing nothing. Fortunately that will be a while; we have to get through the holidays and then I'm going to start ripping the house apart, cleaning and figuring out what to throw out, what to hold for a yard sale, what to do with stuff. So I'll be busy for a while anyway. I want one year to hang out, rip through the house, and such. Then I'll figure out what to do. But I need one year. For me.

susanm9006 susanm9006 Wow you were busy! I'm glad you made it home safe in all that mess.
Furballsmom Furballsmom Please take a picture of your latch hook when you're finished. I'd love to see it.

You know, I remember Mom sending me down to the corner store, about 2 or 3 blocks away from our house in town. She'd tell me to go down for milk or bread. And she'd give my sister and I a bit of money for penny candy. We weren't that old either at the time. The people who owned the store knew us and knew Mom and Dad. I think Mom called the store to tell the lady we were on our way and then the lady would call Mom back to say that we were on our way back home. But boy, today, I'd never send a youngster out for anything! Well, we live too far away from town; we couldn't do it anyway. But still.
  • Breakfast for the girls, walked 3 miles, and got ready for work
  • Expecting a call from Social Security to get things started. I called them back in October and they set up this appointment, so I know they're calling me. There are some Social Security scams out there again.
  • I'm calling the quarry this morning to get a load of driveway stone for the driveway. The top of the driveway is where we dug the trench for the cable, electricity, ethernet out to the shed, and it's a muddy mess now. Hopefully they can deliver the stone fairly quickly.
  • A quick vacuum and swiffer through the kitchen and living room tonight

Last edited:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Panicked phone call from the mom at 8:00 pm, TV was frozen, remote “didn’t work” so back to her house today for what is likely a quick fix and another lesson on using the remote. After that I will return her old equipment to the cable company. Also found out late yesterday that she no longer had anyone to plow her very long driveway so I need to start calling and find another plowing company.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Amber has been making sure that we drag our sorry butts out of bed around 5:45 lately. We're not used to that anymore. She starts in yelling around 4:00, sometimes earlier, but I refuse to get up that early. She's been our alarm clock since Rick retired. The only thing good about the earlier rising time is that I walk a little more than I did when she didn't awaken us until after 6:00. I don't know what it is about old cats; they reach a certain age and their thyroid goes bad and they want food earlier and earlier in the morning. In Amber's case, she went from a Phantom Kitty that nobody other than Rick and me ever saw to a loud-mouthed little brat who demands attention every chance she can get. She's just lucky she's so cute.
  • Breakfast for the girls, walked 3.5 miles, sorted two loads of laundry, and got ready for work
  • Laundry tonight, unless Rick does it while I'm at work
  • Trash night
  • I may watch Episode 9 of Evil tonight. I think that will catch me up.

Status
Not open for further replies.