Name Three Things - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Wow Mia6 Mia6 You had the ride from hell. I'm glad it's over and you made it home safe and sound.

We went into see Rick's mother last night. First thing she said was, "Where are the cookies? You haven't baked any cookies yet?" I said that I was planning on a huge cookie day once I retired. She was not amused. I did put five ebooks on her Kindle, though, so that helped. Not much, but a little.

We awakened to another inch or so of white stuff outside. Once I got down off the hill, there was nothing. Got into town and it's not even wet. The Tucson looks weird in the parking lot because it's got snow on it.

The cable weenie is coming back this morning to try to figure out why we cannot access OnDemand from the tv in the shed. He thinks it might be a faulty converter box. I don't even understand why we need a converter box; the new Samsung is already digital, but I guess the cable company needs their bucks every month.
  • Breakfast for the girls, walked 3.5 miles, sorted two loads of laundry, and got ready for work.
  • Rick will do one load of the laundry; when I get home, I'll add my work clothes from today into the second load and do that.
  • Trash night

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Never did get the lebkuchen frosted yesterday. But I did go to the library, admired and photographed the absolutely superb gingerbread houses in their display. Really excellent.

Mia6 Mia6 you have my sympathy. Seems like this is the way things are going - when daughter and son-in-law called for a Lyft last Wednesday the car and driver were supposed to be here in 19 minutes. But he kept getting further and further away, heading towards Easton PA! Turns out he already had a ride, grabbed their request and assumed they'd just wait until he doubled back from PA to pick them up. They called Uber.

Today is the Wednesday morning knitting group.

This afternoon I want to
1) print a label for jeansgogreen, then find a box to pack up the blue jeans no one on Freecycle wanted. They'll get sent by UPS for free to this company that turns them into insulation.
2) Neatly fold and bag up shirts I no longer wear to be taken to a fire station clothing drop-off box.
3) Frost the lebkuchen.
4) Minor sewing repairs. For example: a shirt lost a button. The two pocket flaps each have a button so I'll remove both, sew one where it is needed and sew the other at the bottom for future need.

pearl99

Pearl, my labrador who loved cats. RIP.
Top Cat
Purraise
1. Visit the Social Security office to turn in some paperwork. Always a long wait.
2.Go to the Rec Center to work out! Dressing, gravy, and pumpkin pie are still with me.
3. Reeelaxxx and watch a Marvel movie and read.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Up early to meet the handyman installing ceiling vent in the new bath. One hour ended up costing $175, ridiculous, but done. Except for a little trim painting I have done everything I need to do and am just waiting for drywall.

I have errands to run today, getting change for the craft show, making a Costco and Walmart trips. I am sure when I am done with those I won’t do much else.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cleaned litter pans
Put clothes away and put another load in dryer
Brought the garbage can in, put the electric hedge shears away, brought in the mail and duct-taped the tree wrap on the gingko.

After that, I made a tuna noodle casserole that I love. It's a bit of a hustle to chop the veggies and stir up the cheese sauce while the noodles are cooking, but I made it. I poured it in the casserole dish and was ready to sprinkle on the slivered almonds and pop it in the oven when I realized I had forgotten to add the tuna! Disaster was narrowly averted.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
So far today I accomplished the usual start-the-day to-do. Namely I fed the cats, made my coffee, made breakfast for Himself, etc.

Then I made the dough for springerle, rolled them out etc, and put them in the guest bathroom (it is cool in there, now that guests are gone) (with door closed to keep feline investigators away) to set the designs. Will bake tomorrow.

Today I need to frost the sort-of lebkuchen (sort of, because recipe calls for candied citron and I was all out. Upped the candied orange peel and added candied ginger instead) then individually wrap with waxed paper.

Will tippy toe out after lunch and throw snow melter on the still snow covered curve of the driveway. Leave it to do its magic and then am hopeful I can get to the bottom of the driveway, retrieve my car, ditto the garbage can, look for mail.

Bring a couple of buckets of firewood up from basement to top up the wood rack next to the stove.

Anything else . . . I'm sure there will be.
How's your injury?

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You are so sweet Mia6 Mia6 I don't really have any injury. When I skidded on the wet icy snow over grass I flopped down on my back with my left leg flat on the ground but bent sideways at the knee. Amazing that hip joint flexed enough that leg was in contact with the ground. I was surprised that it didn't really hurt at all. This morning it is my right knee that clicked while I was putting on socks and shoes. Oh, the joys of aging. Not.

Lebkuchen still waiting to be iced. Interestingly enough the recipe in the Christmas Cookie Cookbook says to frost when cool and, in the same recipe, says to frost when ready to box up. So I'm not worried. Did bake the springerle yesterday.

Yesterday's morning knitting group was small. We all had a very good sociable time.

Himself had an issue on printing the jeansgogreen label yesterday so will work on it today. I sure hope they box up lighter than 62 pound Chewy's order MonaLyssa33 MonaLyssa33 got because the box is supposed to be 50 pounds or less.

Not sure what I'm doing today besides making sure everyone gets fed, litter pan gets scooped, etc. But I'm sure things-to-do will arise and say "take care of us."

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • Breakfast for the girls, walked 3.5 miles, and got ready for work
  • I'm on a hunt for cinnamon hearts and teaberries for cookie decorating. Rick and I went into the farmers' market yesterday over my lunch to buy them and the people I buy from no longer carry them (they have to buy at least 30 pounds of each to get them and 30 pounds is a lot!) I have a couple places to check today during my lunch break. I'll find them.
  • A quick vacuum about the house tonight when I get home from work
  • Supernatural is on tonight. Since RIck is bowling, I'll probably play some Nintendo until the show is on.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So I'm curious. Does
1) creating a Zappos account
2) boxing up raggedy old blue jeans
3) shipping them off
count as 3 things? It went like this:

I had to create an account with Zappos to print the mailing label (no idea what they sell) but they graciously cover UPS shipping costs for sending old bluejeans to bluejeansgogreen.org which is in Arizona. The old bluejeans with holes in the knees, 15 pairs, were boxed up. I'd guesstimate my box-full at about 30 pounds. Taken to Staples, and mailed off to be recycled into insulation for Habitat for Humanity. I used a luggage wheelie to trundle from parking lot into Staples to the shipping counter.

Himself came with me. This meant I could use the handicap placard to park close to the store. He took advantage of our expedition to buy himself a new wireless mouse, on sale for $9.99

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Purpose of the thread - Name three things you have done or will do today
...From the originator of this thread, so yep, C catapault you're good :)

they graciously cover UPS shipping costs for sending old bluejeans to bluejeansgogreen.org which is in Arizona.
What a terrific thing, this is really good info including about Zappos!

I ran errands including picking up more cat food :), did a 25 percent water change for the fish, and dropped off some other food to a (very) local TNR organization. They're about a block away from me.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
  • Boxes
  • Lots of tea again
  • Have some smalls in the dryer, helper will be here at 8. I had her get 2 quarts of chili from Bob Evans and 4 chicken tacos from TBell so I'll have lots to eat over the weekend. I'm sure Daniel (nephew-chef) will make an amazing dinner for Nicole's birthday on Sunday. Knee has been acting up from the fall I had in September 2018 Seems it does this when I am getting out of the bathub and bend it too far but I hate only taking a shower, oh well, we'll see

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I can bring Clarence home tonight. The garage guru couldn't find a leak and couldn't find a thing wrong, other than no power steering fluid. But he doesn't know why; as I said there's no leak. He added fluid and says he's running well. He's not going to charge me for anything. Rick brought me into work, so when he picks me up tonight, we'll go to the garage to bring Clarence home. I don't know how much longer I'll be driving him this winter; it's pretty much time to put him into storage until spring.
  • Breakfast for the girls and got ready for work
  • Pick Clarence up at the garage tonight
  • Start binge-watching Evil tonight, if I can stay awake long enough. My problem with this show is the same thing that happened when I tried to binge-watch the first season of GoT: I fall asleep during the first 5-10 minutes. Every single time. Mollipop and I will be out in the shed during the evening.
I think that's pretty much it.

BTW, did I mention that I brought Molli out to the shed over the Thanksgiving weekend? She cried a bit and walked around, sniffing and looking around. She got up on her hind legs and looked out the windows (they're close to the floor). Then she came over to me and sat with me for a couple minutes. She was only in the shed for about 15-20 minutes or so and then I took her back to the house. But Rick said that after I went back out to the shed that night, she sat by the front door, meowing for me. I'm going to try again tonight for a while.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 Have you considered getting a transfer bench for the bathtub?
Paul_2019-10_transfer bench.jpg
Medicare covered the cost for Himself after his back injury. You sit on the bench then pivot to get into the tub. Sit to shower. The tricky bit is trimming a shower curtain to keep most of the water inside rather than on the floor, but easily done with a pair of scissors.
Paul_2019-10_trimmed shower curtain over transfer bench.jpg
Best if shower head is on a flexible hose that can be aimed at front / back / feet.

Still not a tub bath but Himself says it is very relaxing and nice.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I walked to a nearby church to donate blood, but, for the first time ever, I was denied because my blood pressure was high. I probably shouldn't have walked there. Anyway, I walked back home but took a longer way back so I got in a little more exercise. I've also been working on my final project for my cloud architecture and visualization analytics class while I also watch a bunch of Hallmark movies that I checked out from the library.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 Mia6 Mia6 Have you considered getting a transfer bench for the bathtub?
Paul_2019-10_transfer bench.jpg
But how would I bathe? I have to be immersed in water to feel really clean, then stand after I've bathed, re-wash, use the loofah, then bring down the overhead shower head to rinse. No wonder my skin is so dry, ha!!. I bought some new body wash by Nivea, hope it works. Medicare and Medicaid do pay for a lot because of my disability and will sometimes pay for new tubs and showers but I don't own my apt and the landlord would have to ok it, maybe he would as cheap as he is, ha!!

• Boxes
  • Tea
  • Have a few smalls in the washer. Then wash Callie's throws. Been using Dreft and Purell laundry soap and Bounce hypoallergenic dryer sheets. Used the dryer sheets for the first time yesterday, so far so good.My place needs tending because Sherry was off Thanksgiving and the day after, I had appt. On Tuesday, she shopped most of Wednesday (payday was the third). Takes awhile to recover from the trips so I'll pace myself today. Watch a movie, read maybe.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Rick's glider chair and ottoman came in yesterday and they're in the shed. We've finished staining the chairs and am working on painting the table and the end table. I need to finish trimming the Tacky White Tree. We're hoping to have everything done by Christmas.

My GF at work gave me a "She Shed" sign to hang outside the shed. She said she saw it and she knew it would be perfect.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and am sitting back here with my morning coffee ("Back here" is the second bedroom in the house. My computer is here, along with our desks and such.) I need to scoop the boxes.
  • Rick and I have errands to run this morning
  • Finish trimming the TWT this afternoon and we still didn't finish decorating the tree in the living room.
  • While I'm vacuuming and swiffering in the house, Rick will be out in the shed, watching football.
I started binge-watching Evil last night and am on the third episode. It's an interesting show, but I don't know if I'll continue with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.