Name Three Things - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Had my hearing aids checked.
Sent some correspondence to France by private postal services.
Rearranged my gemstones and other travel souvenirs in their vitrine.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today we had our Outing. I drove to the New York Botanical Garden (2 hours+) for the press preview for the holiday train show. It was absolutely fabulous. So much so that I have already written and uploaded a small preview (before I do an larger entry for the web site.)

I'm having trouble creating a link that TheCatSite can recognize. Anyone have a suggestion how I can make a suitable link? But if you go to the BelleWood Gardens link at the bottom of my entries it will take you to the gatehouse page. And there's a link there, until it gets pushed off by not-as-yet-written entries.

My friends in the PR department met us at the parking lot with a golf cart, took us to the event where they had a wheelchair available for Himself. So nice. He never could have done all the walking.

So today I
1) went to NYBG for the train show
2) enjoyed the train show
3) drove home

And together with writing the Coming Attraction, feeding the cats and feeding us, that will be my day.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
  • Breakfast for the girls, walked 2.5 miles, sorted two loads of laundry, and got ready for work.
  • I'm bringing my plants home from work today. My co-worker and I will have to take the pothos down from its shelf and give it a leaf-cut before taking it out to Clarence. I'm hoping I can fit my corn plant into Clarence as it's pretty tall. Once the plants are out of here, then it's just my fridge and two lights.
  • If Rick doesn't do the laundry, I will when I get home. It's also trash night.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Trash pickup day here as well

Got all the various cat related things done

Minor cleaning of fish tank

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
  • Boxes
  • Tea
  • Helper went to the store, picked up a blue cheese burger and onion rings for me. Going to rest, didn't gave a good night's sleep.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today I
1) delivered the two Chewy's boxes to my friend with the wonderful vegetable garden. Left them wedged under a bench on her breezeway so the breezes could not rearrange their location.
2) went to the Wednesday morning knitting group. Very nice, always look forward to it.
3) stopped at the pharmacy to pick up prescriptions on the way home.
4) prepped turnips as described in the Japanese Vegetable Pickles book I'm reviewing, to include in the review. Took photos of the stages.

St Anthony has not yet directed me to my lost earring

Tomorrow I will
1) take Himself to a test at the health clinic in the morning.
2) take Himself for a haircut in the afternoon.
and I'm sure that there will be a 3), probably a 4) and maybe even more things that will wedge themselves into my day.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
C catapault My mother used to refer to my father as "Himself". Nice to hear it again. :redheartpump:

• Boxes
  • Tea
  • I'm on my own today as I called Jon at the agency yesterday afternoon and told him I didn't need my helper today. I've found out she is a racist and bigot and that is not on here. There are other things; she gossips about other clients, a totally negative person but the bigotry I won't tolerate. My case manager asked me to hold on for awhile a few weeks ago because the agency is so short-staffed but I didn't know about the racism then. I am going to ask that she only comes 3 times a week instead of every day till they can find someone else. I feel so less stressed since she's not coming today.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 I'd have a difficult time dealing with that, too.

I said to Rick this morning, "Man, it's only Thursday!" To which he replied, "I know! It's Thursday already!" Being retired must skew your thinking about time. I guess it all depends on how you look at it.
  • Breakfast for the girls and got ready for work
  • I have a hair appt tonight. This will be my last hair appt where I can't come in until after work. Next month, I can go any time!
  • Since Rick is bowling, I'm going to play some Nintendo. Supernatural tonight

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 I'd have a difficult time dealing with that, too.

I said to Rick this morning, "Man, it's only Thursday!" To which he replied, "I know! It's Thursday already!" Being retired must skew your thinking about time. I guess it all depends on how you look at it.
  • I have a hair appt tonight. This will be my last hair appt where I can't come in until after work. Next month, I can go any time!
  • Since Rick is bowling, I'm going to play some Nintendo. Supernatural tonight
I find that time flies when you are retired. I retired almost 10 years ago and it seems like last month that I retired.

Last edited:

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
  • Boxes
  • Tea
  • Callie went out on the deck but it's raining so she stood underneath a chair and scoped out the situation. She's still looking for our Vincie girl:rbheart:. I'll be ok one day, then cry the entire next day. I'm crying now but I need to get through it.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
muffy muffy Rick says the same thing. Time is flying by now that he's retired. He loses track of what day it is sometimes.
Mia6 Mia6 :hugs::hugs: That happened to me with Banshee. I'd be fine and then the tears would start. Even now I don't think a day goes by that I don't think of that girl and she's been gone for nine years.
  • Taking my pothos home this afternoon. It's up on a shelf in my cuber and its tendrils are mixed in with Bob's pothos, so we have the take the entire thing apart. He bought one and I bought one (2 for $6) about 12 years ago. The tendrils from the plants flow down the outside of our cube walls. They're really long. I'm going to have to do a major leaf cut.
  • Rick's sister had a knee replacement on Wednesday. If she's still in hospital, we'll run over tonight to visit for a while. She is doing very well.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am feeling - choose one: pressured, frazzled, rushed. Maybe all three.

Our daughter called while I was out shopping this morning. Their plane arrives at Newark Libery at 5:30 p.m. on Tuesday, so they think by the time they collect their bags and rent a car it will be 6:30 p.m. And expect to be at our house at 7:30 p.m. Optimistic, in my opinion. Should they pick something up on their way or should we all go out to eat? I'm thinking I'll do a baked potato bar - bake russets, have bacon, cheese, sauteed onion and mushrooms, let people fix their own. No idea when they are leaving on Wednesday to go help cook the Thanksgiving meal.

Shoprite was very crowded. "Oh no", my cashier said, "yesterday was worse." Couldn't prove it by me. And I forgot to get the frozen puff pastry for the bankstaff cookies, even though it was on my list.

This afternoon I need to hang up the 3 plastic deck chairs I took off the deck before I went shopping. At least it was before it started raining. And read the InstantPot directions to set it up to perform the preliminary water-only operation. So I can then make soup with the two nice meaty turkey backs I bought at the IGA yesterday.

If tomorrow is good weather I will go to the living history farm for their logging with horses event. And find somewhere to buy frozen puff pastry.

I need a cat in my lap, purring. It will make me feel better, I'm sure.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
C catapault It will be fine. :hugs:

I so did not want to drag my sorry butt out of bed this morning and am sucking down coffee like there's no tomorrow. I had trouble sleeping, then just as I started to drop off, I heard Muffin ka-ka-ka-ing. Got up, turned on the light and saw a hairball. Cleaned that up and went back to bed, but then couldn't fall asleep again.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and am sitting back here with my morning coffee. I'll do the litter boxes in a few minutes.
  • Once it gets light, I'm going to take the Dyson to the shed and do a good vacuuming. Rick cleaned trash and such out earlier this week when he made a trip to the landfill. The sofa sleeper is supposed to be coming this afternoon (glider chair and ottoman to follow the beginning of December). I've had the rug pad unrolled now for a while; the rug is there, too, but with all the mess out there, I didn't take it out of the plastic yet. The blinds are supposed to come today.
  • I need to perform plant surgery on my African violets; three are in one planter and two more in another planter. And they're all blooming! They need to be separated; maybe I should wait until the blooming ends. The best way to make more violets is to let them completely fill the planter; they like to be really tight. I've also put violet leaves in soil and let them propagate that way.
  • Vacuum and swiffer the house. Wipe the kitchen and bathroom.
  • I need to make the cranberry relish for Thanksgiving today, so the flavors can hang out and mingle in the fridge. My sister texted me yesterday to see if I was making some; she put her order in. (We took Mr. Turkey out of the freezer on Thursday; he's in the fridge thawing out.)
My pothos made it home safely. bbdoll22 bbdoll22 I did a huge leaf-cut on the poor thing and I think everybody in the building has pieces to root. Our admin asst took huge pieces to root; when it roots, they're going to re-plant it and put it back in my office on the shelf. Whoever takes over my job will have to keep it watered and take care of it; it's become part of the requirements of the job. :lol: The only thing left in my office are the two lights I brought in and my under-the-desk fridge. It looks so bare!

Last edited:

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Furballsmom Furballsmom There are many ways to cook baking potatoes - in the oven, in a pressure cooker, in a microwave. They all get cooked but each method makes them taste slightly different. I think I'll use the oven for the potato bar on Tuesday. For one thing, I'll bake 6 potatoes - one each and two extra. And I don't think I can do six at a time in the microwave.

Calling all InstantPot experts out there - I put 2 quarts of turkey stock in the downstairs freezer this morning and discovered that it had not gelled, not even a little bit. Is this a characteristic of InstantPot broths?

Today is nice and sunny so off I will go to the logging with horses event. And find somewhere to buy frozen puff pastry on the way home.

Status
Not open for further replies.