Name Three Things - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
My son and I were done with bathroom tasks before noon and temps were in the 40’s so so I decided it was a good day to get the Christmas light up. Checked them out, everything lit , spent 40 minutes getting them up on the house and then discovered that half the string will no longer light. Haven’t decided if I will buy new lights or just leave them. Finished up the day with some Christmas gift ordering.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
golondrina golondrina Your grandsons are simply adorable! Kudos! I bet you're really proud of your grand-babies!

I think we're done buying shed furniture; I hope we are. Rick is doing some work in the basement and, once he's finished, I'll start painting and staining the table and chairs. I could still use a table light; I'm bringing home my pole light and cat light when I retire. The fridge will come home then, too. We bought new bed pillows and a new electric blanket last night; the blanket is for the shed.

I was going to go out to the shed last night to watch a movie, but Rick has me kind of freaked out about going out there after dark; the blinds for the shed haven't come in yet and he doesn't like the idea of being out there with no window blinds; once it gets dark, you can see everything. I stayed in the house.
  • Breakfast for the girls and I'm sitting back here with my morning coffee. Rick stripped the bed down and put the sheets in the washer. I'll need to scoop boxes in a few minutes.
  • I have two loads of laundry to do this morning (not including the sheets)
  • I took butter and cream cheese out of the fridge to soften, so I can make pumpkin bars with orange-cream cheese frosting. I don't like cream cheese, but the orange tang hides the taste of the cream cheese and I can eat them. I'll do a double batch and take a bunch into work tomorrow morning.
  • Visit with Rick's mom tonight. We'll take up some pumpkin bars so she has something to munch on. She has a new roommate, but we know nothing about her. I'm always hesitant to take snacks to her roommates until I know whether they can eat things like that.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Arranged a visit next Tuesday by curtain merchants to measure my living room windows and estimate their price to install new "roller" curtains.

Arranged a date with my building's attendants to take down my old curtains which will be replaced by new ones.
Arranged in a album the photos of my newly born twin great grandsons recently sent to me from France by Post Office service. The photos have joined those of their dad when he was 3 years old.View attachment 308093
Oh, Drina!!! They are precious!!! Sooo adorable!!

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester said: Your grandsons are simply adorable! Kudos! I bet you're really proud of your grand-babies!
M mia said: Oh, Drina!!! They are precious!!! Sooo adorable!!

Pierre and John say "Thank you Winchester and Mia." It is such a joy to see them looking so well because they had a dramatic birth by Cesarean operation when their mum underwent an operation for peritonitis when seven months pregnant.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester said: Your grandsons are simply adorable! Kudos! I bet you're really proud of your grand-babies!
M mia said: Oh, Drina!!! They are precious!!! Sooo adorable!!

Pierre and John say "Thank you Winchester and Mia." It is such a joy to see them looking so well because they had a dramatic birth by Cesarean operation when their mum underwent an operation for peritonitis when seven months pregnant.
Oh my so glad everyone is ok. One is named after your Pierre, aww.💖

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Today was a scheduled clean/grocery shop/do laundry for my mom day but dementia auntie called me after midnight last night in a panic because she attempted to clean her fridge and couldn’t get the shelves back in. She was dissappointed I wouldn’t get out of bed to drive over, but I promised to make a stop before my moms. Woke up this morning with a fever and signs of a killer cold coming on but am hoping if I load up on coffee and ibruprophen I can get through the day.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We slept in until 8:30 a.m.! Today's plans for me are to bake the last fruitcake and fill the large downstairs wood rack.

At 1:00 p.m. my cleaning lady's husband is supposed to come. He canceled for yesterday but did call on Friday and explain. We do trust that he'll show up.

In sequence of importance according to Himself will be
1) Move the two half barrels at the bottom of the driveway off the asphalt to pallets off on the side so driveway will be O.K. and clear for snow plowing. They are filled with soil and I cannot do it. It will take the two of us.
2) Put the last tarp up over the outside wood storage area. This one shelters the steps which otherwise get snow and ice on them, making it very hazardous. The overhead pipe they attach to is too high up for me so I cannot do it.
3) Take down the screen doors for the two pairs of doors out to the deck and put them away in the basement. I'm sure I could take them down, maybe even carry them to the basement. But the storage racks are overhead and I cannot do it.

Tuesday will be An Outing. I'll tell you about it afterwards.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Ice cubes on orchids? I've never heard of that!

. I stayed in the house.
Prolly smart :)

Clean up the carpet after a stuck-on poop dingleberry, which Poppycat justs hates, caused him to booty-scoot and leave behind some racetrack streaks

Trim the fur under his tail (he hates this too)

Watch football

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@Furbalismom said: "Ice cubes on orchids? I've never heard of that!"

I hadn't either until about a year ago when I read about it in Internet. I've since been doing it every sunday and it works fine. Must be done after they have stopped flowering to encourage them to start again.
IMG_20191117_123835_BURST002.jpg

Last edited:

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Happy, happy Catapault! Andrew was here, even came half an hour early. He and I went down the driveway with pallet, hand truck, and leaf rake. Didn't take much more than 15 or 20 minutes to move the two half whiskey barrels full of soil off the asphalt and onto the pallets. Up the driveway and then Andrew got the last tarp up on the wood storage area. Then he took the four full size screens off the doors to the deck and put them away in the basement. All this took something over an hour. We'd said we wanted him here for two hours so - drum roll please - he filled the big downstairs wood rack. I am so happy!

Then he didn't want to be paid because we gave him some firewood a couple of years ago. Trust me, he got paid.

So what did I do today? Baked the last batch of fruitcake, both small loaves and bundlettes. Two loads of laundry, one of which is folded and the other waiting for attention in the dryer. And ran the dishwasher, which is waiting to be unloaded. And it's only 2:15 p.m.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Good for Andrew! I'm glad he was able to help you so much!

One of the women clipped our umbrella tree in the foyer at work. She wrapped the bottoms up in damp paper towels and wrapped plastic around the towels. I saw them in the kitchen and took one (anything in the kitchen is fair game if there is no note). I saw her and thanked her. I'll take it home and plant it up. I'll put it out in the shed and keep Mollipop away from it. If she won't stay away, I'll have to bring it back into work as the leaves can be poisonous to kibble-krunchers.
  • Breakfast for the girls, walked 3 miles, and got ready for work. Stopped for gas on my way in.
  • The cable guy is coming this afternoon to activate the cable in the shed.
  • Grab a few groceries (if we don't go tonight, we'll go tomorrow)

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Placed an order with Chewy's - call it late afternoon or early evening yesterday. Got up this morning. Showered, got dressed, inverted. Downstairs, started a load of laundry after feeding the cats. made my coffee. Turned on computer and checked to see where in transit the Chewy's order might be - and it said "Delivered." Looked out the front door and yes indeed, two large Chewy's boxes neatly stacked outside the door.

That's impressive, significantly under 24 hours from placing order to actual delivery. What a great start to my day. And my friend with the fabulous vegetable garden does indeed want the boxes and brown paper. I'll take them over on Thursday. And maybe we can replicate the images from my last visit that I stupidly deleted before getting them off the camera card onto the computer.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Electrician is here wiring up the bathroom remodel so I am planning on getting some sewing done. My cold is in full force today so that is probably all I will do.

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Glued back the cover of my English Dictionary after Sombra had thrown it to the floor from my desk. :mad2:
Consulted my books on new plants care.
Had one of my air condition units seen to.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I really like Chewy. They deliver quickly.
We now have cable in the shed. Rick said the guy was there all of ten minutes.
  • Breakfast for the girls. I went back to bed. Rick came to bed last night. Loudly. Awakened me and then I had a hard time falling back asleep. No sooner dropped off than he got a text. At 2:18 this morning. I was not amused. It was the guy in charge of their fantasy football team. Wide awake again. I finally dropped off around 4:00 and Rick had to get up at 4:45 to go into work to sign people into the union. He came back home before I left for work and was going to hit the couch. I'm pooped this morning.
  • Mailed a letter on my way into work,
That's pretty much it. I keep yawning and yawning.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Tennis, this will be the last decent outside court day for a little while

Check on the lost hurt cat I helped save last night

Finish putting away the deck umbrella

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
1. Organize, clean, set up and winterize my cat area
2. Practice my knitting as it's therapeutic mentally, emotionally and physically (for the hand with severe nerve damage) while catching up with Castle Rock on Hulu and the few ID Go programs I missed
3. Run videos/do surveys to earn money to keep feeding the cats.

Status
Not open for further replies.