Name Three Things - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Diabetes doc visit yesterday, annual eye exam today and I will be done with the yuck stuff on my to do list. I am hoping the eye doc says my cataract is big enough to remove but If so I won’t get it done until after the New Year.

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Read the newspaper comments on last night's debate between the two Uruguayan presidential candidates. Elections next Sunday.

Check my Banks' monthly account reports.

Put names on some of my plant pots.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Winchester Winchester the latchhook is a kit, and it's sort of a profile shot of an eagle head and chest :) it sat around for a l-o-n-g time as well lol

The fishtank is cycled so we'll get the fish today

Golf driving range

Check into returning a couple items that don't work for the aquarium

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Prepared guest bedroom for weekend visitors.
Applied fertilizer to my interior plants.
Read latest comments on presidential candidates debate.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Furballsmom Furballsmom Ah, so it's not just me who has a partially-finished latchhook hanging around! :) It sounds pretty.
  • Breakfast for the girls and got ready for work
We're going out to dinner with a couple who Rick knows from his work. She retired early and he is still working. Rick knows them quite well and he really likes them. I don't know them and so I'm really nervous. I don't like meeting new people and I don't like having to come up with small talk. Add to that that we're going to a restaurant that has really loud music all the time; I can't hear well over background noise anymore. I would have just as soon had them come to our house for dinner and drinks. I would have gladly cooked; Rick says that I feel more in control in my kitchen. Maybe that's true.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday I
1) Got my hair cut. Took enough off that it will be donated.
2) Somehow lost one of my earrings, favorite pair, for pierced ear too. Very upset. I made a request to St Anthony but it hasn't shown up yet.
3) Made first batch of fruitcake.
4) Moved firewood.

Today I
1) Made a large pot of leek and potato soup. That was our lunch and 2 quarts for the freezer.
2) Went for a visit to my friend with the fabulous vegetable garden. Just before I left we went to the garden and she pulled white turnips that I want to pickle following a recipe in a book I'm going to review.
2A) Stupidly managed to delete the images of pulling turnips when I was transferring them from card to computer.
3) Mowed the lawn with the bagger on the machine, cutting grass and shredding leaves. Clogged up very quickly so I had to keep taking bagger off, dump in a tub, repeat, repeat. Had to go over the lawn twice to really clean it up. Looks good. Now I need to do the back. Maybe tomorrow.
4) Made second batch of fruitcake. Actually in the oven, to come out in about an hour.

BTW - I realize I'm overshooting the suggested Three Things. is it O.K. to list more?

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday I
1) Got my hair cut. Took enough off that it will be donated.
2) Somehow lost one of my earrings, favorite pair, for pierced ear too. Very upset. I made a request to St Anthony but it hasn't shown up yet.
3) Made first batch of fruitcake.
4) Moved firewood.

Today I
1) Made a large pot of leek and potato soup. That was our lunch and 2 quarts for the freezer.
2) Went for a visit to my friend with the fabulous vegetable garden. Just before I left we went to the garden and she pulled white turnips that I want to pickle following a recipe in a book I'm going to review.
2A) Stupidly managed to delete the images of pulling turnips when I was transferring them from card to computer.
3) Mowed the lawn with the bagger on the machine, cutting grass and shredding leaves. Clogged up very quickly so I had to keep taking bagger off, dump in a tub, repeat, repeat. Had to go over the lawn twice to really clean it up. Looks good. Now I need to do the back. Maybe tomorrow.
4) Made second batch of fruitcake. Actually in the oven, to come out in about an hour.

BTW - I realize I'm overshooting the suggested Three Things. is it O.K. to list more?
Yep! I love reading what you do. Your hair must've been very long!! :)

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
C catapault Post whatever you wish. Sometimes I only have one thing that I post. Other times, I'll have a list. I like reading what people are doing. I hope you can find your earring. Good luck. Wow, how long was your hair? One of my GFs gets her hair cut and she has donated hair several times now.

Dinner went well last night. The couple is very nice and we had a good time. Whew!
  • Breakfast for the girls and I'm sitting back here with my morning coffee
  • We're going back up to the place that sells unfinished furniture this morning
  • I'll spend the afternoon putting more books and cookbooks in the shed. I'm going to wash windows in there, too, and do some cleaning. The rug was delivered, but we're not going to put it down until the sofa gets here next Saturday.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester said "We're going out to dinner with a couple who Rick knows from his work. She retired early and he is still working. Rick knows them quite well and he really likes them. I don't know them and so I'm really nervous. I don't like meeting new people and I don't like having to come up with small talk. Add to that that we're going to a restaurant that has really loud music all the time; I can't hear well over background noise anymore. I would have just as soon had them come to our house for dinner and drinks. I would have gladly cooked; Rick says that I feel more in control in my kitchen. Maybe that's true."

This surprises me, Pam. After you retire I bet you'll be meeting all sorts of different people, maybe join a book club, etc.
It will be your time:hugs::sunshine:.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Dinner went well last night. The couple is very nice and we had a good time. Whew!
:clap:

• Boxes
  • Hot, hot tea
  • Washing a few throws, will try to trim Cal's hair on her left side, I did an unfortunate job on her right side.,looks bad, she needs a hairpiece. Pain levels are high will try and lower them with meds, Epsom salts bath, moist heat, and rest. Work on book club stuff. Maybe watch movies or series on DVDs

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Great day yesterday. I picked up a overly expensive but perfect light fixture and a thrift store mirror that will be perfect. The son is coming over this morning to help with some bathroom construction stuff that requires two sets of hands or more height than I have (his 6’2 to my 5’0). I am also having him move my old recliner since my new power one arrives on Wednesday.

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:clap:

• Boxes
  • Hot, hot tea
  • Washing a few throws, will try to trim Cal's hair on her left side, I did an unfortunate job on her right side.,looks bad, she needs a hairpiece. Pain levels are high will try and lower them with meds, Epsom salts bath, moist heat, and rest. Work on book club stuff. Maybe watch movies or series on DVDs
Hope you have succeeded in lowering your pains. Take it easy Mia and take care. :vibes:

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Arranged a visit next Tuesday by curtain merchants to measure my living room windows and estimate their price to install new "roller" curtains.

Arranged a date with my building's attendants to take down my old curtains which will be replaced by new ones.
Arranged in a album the photos of my newly born twin great grandsons recently sent to me from France by Post Office service. The photos have joined those of their dad when he was 3 years old.
IMG-20191025-WA0002.jpg

Last edited:

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 The longest I've ever had my hair - I could hold my arm straight out from my shoulder and have the unbraided hair spilling out of my fist. Before it was cut this time I think it would have been longer than halfway between my elbow and my shoulder. I always wore it brushed back and in a braid, or in a pony tail that was braided. My hair is now a little longer than chin length in a classic bob. Hides my ear lobes where the missing earring would be. With everything I'm trying to do to keep up with things while Himself continues to heal I just do not have time to deal with long hair.

Today I
1) drove Himself to computer club meeting. Nice for him to get out and socialize. I did some shopping at Walmart and Costco. Went back and picked him up. Stopped at China Moon and got take out - wonton soup for him, hot and sour soup for me, pork fried rice for both of us, shrimp with lobster sauce for him, kung pao chicken for me, and splurged with egg rolls. Have rice and entree leftovers for tomorrow's lunch
2) After lunch I mowed wind-collected leaves. Used the shredded leaves to pack the last cannas and the elephant ears for their winter sleep. All Done! Then mowed lawn grass-and-leaves. Dumped full mower bags in the compost bin near the house (which is now completely full of shredded leaves and grass clippings, nicely mixed) and dumped 4 additional mower bags worth under the banana tarp cover extensions. Wish the mower collection bag did not fill quite so rapidly. There's more leaf covered lawn to do.
3) Trying to decide if I have the energy to bake the third-and-last batch of fruitcake this evening. I should. But I really don't feel like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.