Status
Not open for further replies.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
  • Box
  • Tea
  • Getting my State ID renewed. Attempt to get this flare situation under control. Meds are not controlling the pain enough. Weather is supposed to be amazing today and I want to enjoy siting outside.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I am driving my son and his gf to the airport this morning. They are off to Italy for two weeks. Then I am planning to do some caulking in the garage to keep the mice out and mow the lawn.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
susanm9006 susanm9006 Kudos to your son and GF. I hope they have a great time. We remodeled our bathroom last year; it seemed to take forever to get it done. Because we are both in our mid-60's, first thing we did was get rid of the bathtub. We didn't use the tub anyway, we always take showers, and it seemed safer to get it out of the way. If/When we get to where we can no longer safely stand in the shower, we'll get a bench for sitting.

I am trying to get over a headache from Hades. It started Sunday night and I had a hard time trying to sleep. Doctor appt Monday morning, which really set it off. I made it to work on Monday, but left for home at noon. Came home and went to bed. I got up this morning, fed the kids, and said, "Nope, nope, nope, not going there" and took a sick day. Went back to bed and stayed there until noon. I'm up, but I don't know for how long. I'm really tired today and still have the headache.
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, drank my coffee, and went back to bed. Rick scooped the boxes and is painting in the shed. He's going to run to the store for a few cans of cat food later on. (Since I took a sick day, I can't go)
  • I probably should vacuum about the house a bit
  • Did a Keurig order for Rick. He loves Donut Shoppe Sweet 'n' Creamy, but we can't find it around here. Even Keurig has been out of it for several months. I checked and they have it in stock, so I ordered a bunch of boxes for him.
  • Working on a load of laundry
And that's it

Last edited:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 A very Happy, but belated, Birthday to you! I'm sorry I didn't see it sooner. I hope your birthday was every bit as special as you are! :bday: :hugs:

Back to work today, although I could have stayed home in bed.
  • Breakfast for the kids and got ready for work
  • Must work up a bit of a grocery list and we'll grab a few things tonight
  • Target for my meds
  • Must get in the shed and do some measuring for book cases and such, so that I can place my order for what I want.
Rick is trying to figure out if he wants to re-paint the rear wall of the shed. I told him that most of that wall will be covered by book cases, so it should be OK. We'll see what he decides.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester Aww.... thank you, Pam! It was very special! Nicole made my fave baked spaghetti, great salad, garlic bread (Tuscany, yum) and a yummy cake from Giant Eagle. Lots of candles, soaps, different flavored herbal teas, and some cash. :hugs:

So sorry about the migraine. I don't get them but my mother did and I remember her spending 3 days in their bedroom with black-out shades. Wish there was something you could take for the pain. :alright:

Box
Tea

Put a load of smalls in, showered and washed my hair. For the first time since the Vincie girl went to the Bridge, Cal came into the living room, moving very slowly, and then sat on the arm of the sofa. She only stayed about 15 minutes but she needs time.

Last edited:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Good for Callie Mia6 Mia6 She'll adjust, but you're right. It takes time. Sounds like you had a fantastic birthday.

I feel well today. Headache is still there, but very minor and I'm OK.
  • Rick is bowling tonight, so I think I'm going to hang out with the Nintendo for a while.
And that's it for me

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Box
Tea

going to wash some hoodies and sweatshirts today. It was 46 when I got up and it felt so refreshing but I had everything packed away in a tote so it's time for flannel pj bottoms etc. Love the cozy feel of flannel.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • Hit Target tonight for my meds (It seems that every time we turn around, we're going to Target for meds, either for Rick, me, or The Beast). I also need some moisturizer.
I'm not planning on much else today.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • Breakfast for the kids, I'm going to scoop the boxes and then grab a quick shower
  • Furniture shopping for the McShed today. Just looking more than anything for right now. Sleeper sofa, rugs, etc. (I know it sounds silly, but I don't want to buy used upholstered furniture. With all the hoopla about bedbugs and such, I don't want to go there. Not that new furniture wouldn't have bedbugs, too; I get that.)
  • Vacuum, dust, all that good stuff

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester Furniture shopping for the McShed!! So you're finally at that point. So the Beast likes it in there and isn't fearful? I figured it would freak her out, being somehing new. I guess you never know how our kids are going to react to something different in their lives.

Boxes!! Cal is using the upstairs one again. After my Vincie girl passed I bought 2 new ones and she is finally using it. The first time she was sleeping in the spare room and peed in it with no litter. I cleaned it and put litter in it and she pooped in it the other day.

Tea

Do some light laundry. Want to get some hoodies washed that weren't done the other day. Rainy and gloomy this morning, hope it clears up.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I know it sounds silly, but I don't want to buy used upholstered furniture. With all the hoopla about bedbugs and such, I don't want to go there. Not that new furniture wouldn't have bedbugs, too; I get that.
Oh that isn't silly at all!

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
After reading an article yesterday about how high efficiency washers using warm water don’t really kill germs, especially on towels, I think I am going to do some laundry with HOT water and a little extra soap. Finished most of my fall to do list yesterday including starting the snowblower. So now outdoor work will just be mowing/mulching leaves for the next month or so.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
susanm9006 susanm9006 Our son has a HE washer and he doesn't care for it. It takes forever to get a load of laundry done and he says the clothes just don't feel clean. The HE washers are not so HE. When our washer died, we bought a Speed Queen, still has the agitator. Best washer in the world, in my not-so-humble opinion.

We had a wee bit of luck with sleeper sofas yesterday. Nothing really popped out and said, "Me! Me! Buy me!" Rick saw one that he really liked, but it was only available in brown; we don't want brown. I didn't realize that you could get a sleeper sofa with different mattresses, including an inflatable mattress. We'll probably go with a memory foam, I think. We did get a quote on one style; for the sleeper sofa and the recliner, it was close to $2,000. And a 5-week wait.
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher. Rick stripped the bed and put the sheets in the washer.
  • I have four loads of laundry to do today
  • Thinking of making a blueberry buckle this morning. While that's baking, I'll throw some potato salad together to go with our grilled chicken tonight.
  • Visit with Rick's mom
  • Manicure tonight

rgwanner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I couldn't sleep so I got up early and got a lot done
Just 3:

1. Hung outside lights on the front porch (all year lights, not holiday lights)

2. Made table cover for my sewing table.

3. Got my MIL up- sponge bath, dressed, breakfast.

Scooping is just a given here and shouldn't count.

rgwanner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
  • Hit Target tonight for my meds (It seems that every time we turn around, we're going to Target for meds, either for Rick, me, or The Beast). I also need some moisturizer.
I'm not planning on much else today.
I have to get meds for me, my husband and my mother in law. My MIL takes 2 narcotics that I have to get ON THE DAY she runs out. God forbid I would not be able to get to the pharmacy. I am going to start having them all come in the mail. It is only 4 miles but with traffic and waiting it takes an hour every time.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
My MIL takes 2 narcotics that I have to get ON THE DAY she runs out. God forbid I would not be able to get to the pharmacy.
I have the same problem. I have to miss my morning dose because of the new laws. The pharmacy doesn't open till 9am and I usually take the first dose of one at around 4am and the second around 7am. What would happen if there was a blizzard?

Boxes. Cal is using both now.
Tea

Hannah is leaving again. She was offered a better job that is 3 minutes from her house. Her last day is Friday and I'm so sad. Yeah, she was texting all the time, whined about the smallest ailment, and called off too much, but she is so much fun, can multi-task, a great cook, and I'm going to miss her like crazy.:bawling2:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 , R rgwanner I'm not familiar with narcotics prescriptions; you can't pick the refills up a couple days ahead of time? That's not fair!

I'm so sorry about Hannah leaving, Mia6 Mia6 . You're going to miss her very much.

Goodness, it's just pouring! It started raining this morning around 5:00 or so and we had to run around the house, shutting windows. By the time Rick took The Beast out for her first pee, it had stopped. But now it's coming down like crazy again.

Not a lot of sleep last night, although I went to bed early. Molli and Muffin kept going at it throughout the night. Molli would cry, then Muffin would growl and keen. I'd get up, restore peace to the bedroom, and go back to bed, only to have them start in again. They're both guilty; they get in each other's space (on purpose, I might add!) and then play victim. Brats. Both of 'em.
  • Must work on a bit of a grocery list and we'll grab a few groceries tonight. Must also stop at Target
And that might be pretty much it for me.

Last edited:

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 , R rgwanner I'm not familiar with narcotics prescriptions; you can't pick the refills up a couple days ahead of time? That's not fair!
No. you cannot. Ever since the government crackdown in 2017 because of the Opioid crisis in this country and especially in Ohio. We have more overdoses than any other state. I get that but at least allow us to get them filled every 29 days.
I can skip the Oxycodone and save a few extra if I'm not feeling too rough but
I cannot skip the other one or I would be in the er.

Thanks Pam. Right now I'm cross with her because she called off and I washed a lot of bedding. If I would have known she wasn't coming in I wouldn't have done so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.