Name Three Things - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester I hope your back is better. :hugs:

box-Wow, I go through so much less litter since the Vincie girl has gone to the Bridge. Food as well as I would buy about 20 cans of Fancy Feast per week, a lot of it thrown away because of her pickiness.

Tea

Going to do some laundry as got behind because I only had Hannah 3 days last week but she will catch up. I'm so glad she is back.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Well, my car is still in the garage; we've been driving the truck around this weekend. They finished up the recall work and got the new fob in and programmed on Friday. The problem is that the new fob is Original Equipment; my fobs are considered Hyundai Accessory Equipment, because I have a remote starter. So the new fob won't remotely start the car. And if I use my own fob (Accessory) to lock it and then the new fob (Original) to unlock it, the alarm system goes crazy. They ordered another Accessory Equipment fob and it should be here Monday or Tuesday. Meanwhile, Clarence was towed to the garage and they'll check him out on Tuesday. It's interesting being a passenger again. Usually I do all of the driving, but since we're using the truck, Rick drives. I can't believe we've gone from 3 vehicles down to one!

Mia6 Mia6 Thank you. My back is a little better, but still letting me know that it's wonky. I'm going to try to mow the yard this afternoon, but we'll see how far I get. Like you, we've noticed a reduction in cat food amounts, we're down from four cans to three a day. Scooping the litter boxes, while still not a joy, is a lot easier. We didn't realize just how much Pepe was peeing and, even though we scooped every day, it was still turning into "cement" in the box. Since she's not here, scooping has been easier on us. I wish I could say that it was quieter in the mornings, but, alas, Amber Louise has decided that it's her job now, since Pepe isn't here to awaken us. Amber does let us sleep in a bit, until around 6:00, versus Pepe's 4:30 meows.

I did order the Pottery Barn chandelier for the shed; should be here this Thursday.
  • Breakfast for the kids, connected my Fitbit to the computer to charge, emptied the dishwasher, and am sitting back here with my morning coffee. Rick stripped the bed and put the sheets into the washer.
  • I have four loads of laundry to do this morning.
  • My sister and BIL are away for the weekend, so we have cat-sitting duties. And since they now have Maggie, who's just a wee little girl, I'm going over four times a day to make sure she has enough food. Young cats eat a lot and she's always "starving"! And it gives me some extra cuddle-time with Harley. Maggie has the run of their living room; she's not officially met the other kids yet. They can all see each other through the glass doors, but that's it.
  • See how far I get mowing the yard this afternoon
  • Visit with Rick's mother tonight
  • And on the way back home, we're going for groceries. Usually we go on Mondays, but Rick has a class reunion wrap-up meeting/picnic dinner type thing, so he'll be going to that Monday night.

Last edited:

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester Glad your back is a bit better, Pam. So Amber Louise is on wake-up duty, taking Pepe's old job.

box
tea
Will put in a bit of laundry before Hannah gets here

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Yes Mia6 Mia6 and we're happy that she sounds her alarm a bit later than Pepe did!
  • Breakfast for the kids, walked 2 miles, and got ready for work
  • Hopefully, FINALLY pick the Tucson up at the garage tonight. I am going through serious car withdrawal. I asked Dear Richard this morning on the way into work if he thought we could go down to one car and he started laughing. Evidently, he thought my question was hilarious. Snot
  • Still haven't mowed the yard. Don't know if I'll get it tonight or not. Rick has his class reunion wrap-up meeting tonight for dinner at a classmate's house. so I'm on my own this evening.

rgwanner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am sanitizing the whole front part of the condo where cats have pooped and peed and sprayed
This morning I took out a large area rug that could not be salvaged.
I sprayed an area with a urine cleaner
Tonight I sprayed a second area.
I will wash beds and small rugs that I think can be saved

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Clarence is back! :redheartpump: And I drive him into work this morning. When I walked out of the house, I said, Well, buddy, it's you and me this morning! It's about time!" And from inside the house, I heard, "Seriously?" :lol: They replaced gearshift bushings and things are back to normal (or to whatever passes for normal around here). He shifts really easy now.

It's going to get warmer (well into the 80's) for the rest of this week around here, too. And by Thursday and Friday, dew points will be well into 70's, which means the humidity will be stifling again. Still, it may be the last time for a while, so no complaining here. We'll take it.

My BIL is coming over tonight. I'm doing something wrong with getting wireless internet in the shed and I don't know what. He's my computer guru; when I can't figure it out, I talk to him. I really try myself first, and, most of the time, I can get things working. This time? Well, I'll be darned if I can figure it out. I think it's nothing more than a password problem. But well, I'm having a major brain fart and can't figure it out. And I know that when he gets it, I'm going to go :doh2: and :paperbag::paperbag:.

Oh, and all my meetings are cancelled for September! :woohoo: I really don't like meetings, so any time I can just go straight home, it works.
  • Breakfast for the kids, got ready for work
  • BIL coming in tonight to help me
  • A quick vacuum about the living room and kitchen

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Box
Tea

Callie is going to be shaved at the vets today because of fleas. My nephews are going to bomb the house. The Frontline Plus didn't work on her fleas so vet told me to give her Capaction. I gave it to her around 10:30am yesterday and it's like she's been drugged. She slept on the deck from 10:30am-5:00pm yesterday. I had to pick up her 20lb sweet body and bring her inside. Once she was in she acted as though she didn't know where she was. I put her laundry basket in the kitchen with a warm towel from the dryer. I kept checking on her and she was sound asleep. This morning she was still in basket. then got up to pee. She is now back in basket. No fleas. But wowza, it is a powerful medication. Between the vet visit, meds, defogger, it's going to be almost $300.00. Nicole is paying for vet visit.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Oh wow, Mia6 Mia6 I hope Callie is better. We had an episode with fleas and it was ugly. My sister was taking two kittens to the vet and, since she wanted to do some shopping beforehand, she brought the kittens to our house while she did her shopping. We didn't know, but both kittens were loaded with fleas. We had to take Hydrox to the vet for a couple flea dips and he stayed overnight for two nights while we bombed the house and my car. I forget what it cost us, but it was an expensive project, between all the bombs, and keeping Hydrox at the vet. Thankfully, Hydrox was an only child at the time.

Contractor called yesterday to say that he's coming in today to do the needed framing around the roof for the drywall.

My BIL and I spent four hours in the McShed last night, trying to get the blasted LinkSys Switch to work. We can get wireless internet in the shed, but we can't get a hard-wired connection to work. Go figure. We were even on the phone for about 3 hours with our cable provider's tech support; he was working with us. Nothing worked. And, you know, it shouldn't be that damned difficult. I know it's something really stupid that we're either messing up or not thinking about. And the cat 6 cable coming in from the house works perfectly. First thing we tried. Fortunately, we can get wireless internet, so all is not lost. And we still have regular tv cable for the tv. But, I think that, for my BIL, it's the point of the thing now....he's going to get that to work if it's the last thing he does! I don't hassle my BIL if I don't have to; if I can get things working myself, I prefer to do it alone. But this one has me stumped. It also has my BIL and the tech support weenie stumped as well.
  • Breakfast for the kids and got ready for work (Never got out of bed this morning until 6:15, no walking)
  • Laundry night
  • Must go to Target for Rick's meds
We are back to three vehicles....finally. I was going through serious car withdrawal.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
<snip>
micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom Ouch!! Are you ok?? Please take it easy!
<snip>
i'm doing much better now. still tender with the ribs, but only when laying in bed and when i lean down certain ways.

i'm so glad to read that Hannah is back! :yess:

Winchester Winchester -- i hope your back feels better soon! :vibes::vibes::vibes:

today i'll wash the dishes, and scoop the litter boxes. i'll continue prepping quart canning jars, for 'putting up' spices (for long term storage).

after that, i'll likely have a nice hot cup of tea (it's forecast to be a high in the upper 60's here today). then i'll play some computer games, continue with a jigsaw puzzle, and watch some tv.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom I'm glad those ribs are feeling better for you. My back is doing better, but it was ugly for a while. Thanks. How are you putting up spices? What do you do with them?

Mia6 Mia6 How is your flea situation doing?

Drywallers are here today.
  • Breakfast for the kids and got ready for work
  • It's raining with showers forecast for most of the day. I may do some work outside in the flower bed if it dries off enough by tonight. Rick bowls tonight.
  • A quick vacuum about the living room and kitchen.
  • Likely watch a couple episodes of Dead Files while Rick is bowling.
And that will be my day.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 How is your flea situation doing?
Got it taken care of but very expensive. The bill for treating Callie was over $200.00. They gave her an antibiotic injection, a steroid injection, 2 kinds of flea treatments. Once lasts three months. House was bombed. Hannah cleaned off all the surfaces in the house that had been exposed to the pesticide bomb. The products I bought came to $130.00. She didn't need to be shaved, but I asked them to shave her genital area because she has such long hair back there. I was constantly cleaning her and she hated it. She is sound asleep in her laundry basket, like an angel.
Glad your back is better. :hugs:

micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom Yes, I am so lucky to have Hannah back. Glad your ribs are better.:hugs:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 I'm glad things are back to normal for you and for Callie. It's expensive, I know.
  • Breakfast for the kids and got ready for work
  • Stopped on my way into work to grab some doughnuts for the guys
I don't know what we're doing tonight, if much of anything. Other than :sleep: :sleep2:, that is.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester Thanks, Pam. I couldn't have done it myself, Hannah washed everything after the bombing. Plus cooked for me. Lots of laundry to be done, but we'll get there. It's been an exhausting week.

box
tea

started some laundry. played WWF.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Rick and my BIL left for the drags (drag races). They're going to stop to pick up our grandson, have a bit of breakfast somewhere, and then spend the day checking out cars.

I'm going to do some housework and then spend the day with my nose in a book (or three).
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, and am sitting back here with my morning coffee
  • Scoop the boxes
  • Vacuum, do a Swiffer about the house, wipe down the kitchen and bathroom
  • Wipe down the inside of the fridge
  • If it doesn't rain, do some outside work
  • Give myself a manicure; my poor nails have been severely neglected.
And then read for a while.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester Wowza, Pam, a manicure sounds amazing. So does reading 3 books.
micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom How are you feeling?

box
tea

Had bad storms last night. The thunder and lightening bolts were fierce and the rain torrentional. When I got up the deck umbrella was tipped over but I have it attached to the heavy deck chair with a bungee cord so it wasn't on the ground but I had to lift it, ouch! The little table fell over as well and my favorite soup bowl was broken in pieces on the ground. It was a Campbell soup bowl with a handle. I hope I can find another one. May walk to Farmer's Market to get more tomatoes. Callie is peeing a lot from the steroid injection.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 I'm sorry about your bowl. But I'm glad that was all the damage you had. It rained here a bit in the afternoon, but nothing really downpour-ish.
micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom How are you feeling this morning?

The guys had a good day yesterday. Rick got home a little after 8:00 last night. And me? Well, you know all those things I was going to do yesterday? I managed to scoop the boxes (which is mandatory; we can be half-dead, but those boxes must be scooped), but that was it. Other than that, I was flopped on the couch with several books. And Molli flopped on my chest. Pretty much all day long. I did manage a good manicure last night and my nails breathed a sigh of relief; it had been a while. It was a good day for me, too.
  • Breakfast for the kids and emptied the dishwasher. Rick stripped the bed down and put the sheets in the washer. I have four small loads of laundry to do this morning.
  • Now I have to do all those things today that I didn't do yesterday. It was worth it!
  • Visit with Rick's mom tonight

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Other than that, I was flopped on the couch with several books. And Molli flopped on my chest. Pretty much all day long. I did manage a good manicure last night and my nails breathed a sigh of relief; it had been a while. It was a good day for me, too.
:thumbsup:

box
tea

still have a bit of laundry but may hold off on that as pain is wicked today.
may watch movies. I want to watch For Keeps? A very cheesy chick flick with one of my faves, Molly Ringwald. I also have Betsy's Wedding with MR as well, Orphan, a suspenseful great flick, VHS, a horror flick that I began to watch on Friday but had to pause because they were doing the jerky hand-held camera stuff and I got motion sickness.

rgwanner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
- I did 2 foster home inspections for the shelter.

- I plan to cook a soup and a casserole for lunches and dinners next week. I hate to cook so I am on TCS putting it off.

- Got my mom's microwave from my MIL's house. (She lives with us so I have things stored at her house) We have been using hers since ours died. Now hers has died. When my mom passed in March, I took her microwave since no one else wanted it.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
- I did 2 foster home inspections for the shelter.

- I plan to cook a soup and a casserole for lunches and dinners next week. I hate to cook so I am on TCS putting it off.

- Got my mom's microwave from my MIL's house. (She lives with us so I have things stored at her house) We have been using hers since ours died. Now hers has died. When my mom passed in March, I took her microwave since no one else wanted it.

So sorry about your mom. :hugs:

Status
Not open for further replies.