Name Three Things - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Why do you have cat urine odor in your bed throws?? Sombra sleeps on my bed every night but no odor as a result. Isn't your cat using the litter box properly? Just curious. Is your cat an "easy scratcher"?
Her hair is long back there, Drina, so I have to keep it trimmed or that happens. No worries, I washed 4 and have
put fresh ones on. I own about 15 throws so it's not a bother.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Taking a lunch break. But will sit for a few minutes first.

Very much like the bulb crates better than the heavy duty cardboard produce boxes from the supermarket. They stack so much better. Of course while I am packing the cannas, cutting back a fuchsia and an abutilon and moving into greenhouse, etc etc etc I am also making more of a mess in the garage - discarded pieces of cannas, loose dirt, dribbles of wood shavings used for packing, etc etc etc. So maybe my car won't be inside tonight. But tomorrow. Really. Or so I hope.

P.S. My friend with the exemplary vegetable garden will take the heavy duty cardboard boxes to use for mulch next year. Much easier for me than breaking them down and tying up for recycle. I'll bring them over on Wednesday when I go to knitting. And take my camera. Right now she has beets and kale and carrots in the garden, lettuce under row covers and I don't know what all else.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Her hair is long back there, Drina, so I have to keep it trimmed or that happens. No worries, I washed 4 and have
put fresh ones on. I own about 15 throws so it's not a bother.
We used to have to wash :rbheart: Banshee's butt from time to time, not for pee, but more for cling-ons. We had washcloths esp for her. I would hold her and Rick would wash her. And she'd just lay there and purr. She knew we were trying to help and she never fussed about it. While she wasn't particularly long-furred, she did have a furry little butt. I suppose we could have trimmed her, but she was so good-natured about us washing her that it really didn't matter.

The holiday dishes are all out and I'm done for now. Over Thanksgiving weekend, I'll get the Christmas bells and doo-dads out for the kitchen.

Still hoping to work on bookcases today. I'm just waiting on Rick.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
We used to have to wash :rbheart: Banshee's butt from time to time, not for pee, but more for cling-ons. We had washcloths esp for her. I would hold her and Rick would wash her. And she'd just lay there and purr. She knew we were trying to help and she never fussed about it. While she wasn't particularly long-furred, she did have a furry little butt. I suppose we could have trimmed her, but she was so good-natured about us washing her that it really didn't matter.
Awwww......cling-ons, ha!! She sounds like a sweetheart.

C catapault Wowza, you are certainly busy and sound quite physically fit! Your friend's vegetable garden must be amazing.

• Boxes
  • Lots of hot tea
  • will start on laundry in a bit. Washed some coats and the rest of the hoodies yesterday..didn't realize how many I had. Clothes are washed, more throws and towels today..helper will be here.We're supposed to have snow later on today and tonight. Not ready for it but can't do anything about it.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 That girl was an angel. Rick always said that we could have 1,000 cats in our life, but there would ever only be one Queen B. He was right. She was special.
The local weather-weenies told us 1-2 inches of white stuff tonight into tomorrow, but then said that would be mainly along the northern tier of PA. We might get a dusting, if even that. I'm hoping that's the case.
Rick and I spent the afternoon in the shed yesterday, working on books and getting some things done. Between working in the kitchen all morning and then hauling books out to the shed, by last night, my back was really bad. This morning, I'm feeling Ok again.
I'm off work today for the Veterans Day holiday.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and am sitting back here with my morning coffee.
  • A guy from a local computer store is coming in this morning to try to figure out what the heck is going on with our wireless internet. I've given up. I hate to say that, but I've given up. I was talking to a co-worker on Friday and he had to have somebody come in to do his house. He couldn't figure it out either and he's no dummy when it comes to computers. The whole thing has really fried my chickens!
  • At some point, I need to figure out a grocery list and then grab a few groceries tonight.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Guess where my car is. It IS IN the garage. Woo-hoo! Happy dance. Of course the garage, while I swept out my bay - is not done. There are flower pots, flower pots with plants, boxes, stray pairs of gardening gloves, a tub of soil etc etc etc. But my garage bay is clear and my car is parked inside! Happy, happy, happy.

So let's see, what else did I do today besides faff about with the garage . . .

1) Two loads of laundry - sheets and towel.
2) Remade our bed
3) Then took Himself to the orthopedic surgeon where they took an X-ray of his back right there on the premises and basically said keep doing what you are doing - wear the back brace when out of bed, use the walker, no BLT, and come back in a month for another Xray.
4) Took garbage can and all the recyclables down to the bottom of the driveway for tomorrow morning's pick-ups. And managed to fit all the big cardboard boxes for my friend into my car - had to use the back seat for the last few boxes.

Now to go bake a half batch of chocolate chip cookies.

Ended up being a full batch because I stupidly put a teaspoon of baking soda into the flower, rather than a half. Nothing to do but double up on all the ingredients. Sigh.

Last edited:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Spent the morning pulling nails in the bathroom. The demo guy missed dozens. After cleaning up I took a drive to the shower door shop where I was stunned to see what glass doors cost. I may have to use a shower curtain for a year or two depending on where the rest of the bathroom expenses fall.

This afternoon I got back to my other pressing project, getting ready for my early December craft show. I have a few more days worth of sewing to do. I have a new product that I love but we will see how well it sells. It is a fleece cover for a yardstick so you can dust while you are pulling toys or cleaning under tight spaces like the fridge or sofa. Cleaned under my fridge with it and was shocked at what I found.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Spent the morning pulling nails in the bathroom. The demo guy missed dozens. After cleaning up I took a drive to the shower door shop where I was stunned to see what glass doors cost. I may have to use a shower curtain for a year or two depending on where the rest of the bathroom expenses fall.

This afternoon I got back to my other pressing project, getting ready for my early December craft show. I have a few more days worth of sewing to do. I have a new product that I love but we will see how well it sells. It is a fleece cover for a yardstick so you can dust while you are pulling toys or cleaning under tight spaces like the fridge or sofa. Cleaned under my fridge with it and was shocked at what I found.
That is such a good idea!! I am limited as to what I can do. You should patent it. Doesn't cost that much.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
  • Boxes
  • Lots of tea
  • Helper not coming in today. It's soo cold and it snowed and is snowing. We may get 7 inches by the time it's over but I hope not.Can't believe it was so nice on Sunday, now this. Oh well, I have good books and DVDs. Will wash a few throws.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 Will you be ok during the storm without your helper?

When Rick came to bed, around 1:00 this morning, he awakened me; that happens often. So as he lay there snoring away, I was wide awake, cuddling with Muffin, looking at the clock and getting up to pee. Last time I looked at the clock it was right around 2:30. Which wouldn't have been so bad, but Rick had to go into work this morning to sign up new hires into the union. We got up at 4:45. Um, nope. I went back to bed and slept until Amber awakened me by her yelling. When I opened my eyes, I felt two bodies pressing in against me: Mollipop on one side and Muffin on the other. With Tabby at my feet. You can imagine how much I wanted to get out of bed with the girls right there. They were not amused at being disturbed.

We had a scant dusting of snow, just enough to whiten the grass and the pool cover. The cars were covered. But roads are fine.
  • Breakfast for the girls and went back to bed
  • I have to go into the computer place to pay my bill for yesterday. He emailed me the bill, so I'll run in over lunch.
  • Didn't grab any groceries last night, so tonight is another night. We're getting kind of lackadaisical about grocery shopping. As long as the cats are fine, we are, too, and we just eat out of the freezer.
Oh, Greg is coming in today to start the deck to the shed! We were outside raking leaves and feeding the fire and Rick's cell rang. He told me that it's a deck. Not a big deck, just big enough for two chairs and a couple plants. Should look nice. (And he also told me not to expect a thing for Christmas, not even a little doodad. He'll go out and put a bow on the deck, but that's as far as he's going. :) )

Still no word on the sofa. It's going to be a month on Saturday.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Rain this morning, not snow. Still quite pleased that my car is finally back in the garage.

So far this morning I have
fed the cats
made my coffee with the pour-over and am enjoying it too
started a load of laundry (very easy as the laundry room is on the main floor and there's a laundry chute from our closet)
folded yesterday's towels that were waiting for me in the dryer

I still have to
rouse Himself who is sleeping in
tidy the kitchen so my every other week cleaning lady can clean in there when she comes today
not sure if the PT is coming for Himself today. We'll get a phone call. Or not.
decide if the smidge of milk left in the container is sufficient for tomorrow's coffee or if I need to go to the local IGA for more

After everything I've been doing this seems like such a lovely, easy, lazy, day

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Woke to a chilly room and temps outside at five degrees. Definitely adding the fleece spread to the bed. This afternoon I have to help the demented auntie with her household chores.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
  • Boxes
  • Lots of tea
  • Finishing paperwork, writing a list for helper. It's not as cold today so that is good.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
It's not as cold here either; we may even get close to 40 today. Sunny.

Furballsmom Furballsmom What kind of latchhook are you doing? Is it a kit or something you designed? I have a large lion's head that's probably about 25-30 years old. I never got it finished. I'm thinking that, once I retire, I could take it out to the shed and work on it at night while watching tv. That's how I did a lot of my latchhooks, put them on the ottoman in the living room and sat on the floor while watching tv..

They hope to finish the shed deck today.
  • Breakfast for the girls, walked 2.5 miles, and got ready for work
  • Rick wants me to check on the couch delivery. It will be a month on Friday that's it been ordered.
  • I don't plan on doing much tonight, if anything. I'll hit the Nintendo for a while since Rick is bowling and then watch Supernatural. That's pretty much it. So glad tomorrow is Friday.

Status
Not open for further replies.