Status
Not open for further replies.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
  • box
  • tea
  • So glad Hannah is coming in as pain levels are high but that's just how it is in autumn with fluctuating temps and me doing some dumb things I should not have. Yesterday was my birthday and Nicole made a nice dinner and loaded me up with Bath&Body Works 3 wick candles and hand soaps; teas, money and a yummy cake from Giant Eagle.
micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom How are you doing?
i'm doing well! and my ribs are (finally) almost healed. thank you for asking! :hugs:

today i'll wash the dishes, scoop the litter boxes, and make a few liters of soda. i'll also trim my cats claws. :kneading:

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
  • Boxes
  • Tea
  • Hannah's last day is Friday and I'm sorry to see her go. She is an excellent helper but she called off too often. I went back over the paperwork and she didn't go more than 3 weeks without calling off. I've had the new aid before but only for 2 days. She was argumentative, gossiped about other clients and other aids, and had a bad back. She starts on the 8th. If it doesn't work out I'll ask Jon to send someone else. I so wish I didn't need an aid but no sense of whining about that.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
We didn't make it for groceries last night; Rick had a horrible headache. He said we could go anyway, but I was not dragging him out to the store, not with the way he felt. Tonight is another night.

When I get home tonight, the shed ceiling should (should!) be finished. Contractor is coming in this morning.
  • Breakfast for the girls, got ready for work
  • Had my mammogram this morning
  • Groceries, Target, Lowes tonight
micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom Glad those ribs are better!
Mia6 Mia6 My parents had an aide come in for so many hours a day. Neither my sister nor I liked her at all, but my parents thought she walked on water. After Dad passed, Mom admitted to us that she had given the woman a key to their apartment because she got kicked out of her own apartment. And she stole from Mom, both money and some jewelry. I finally told the woman to leave and never come back and I wanted the key back. I also told her employer about everything. It was really ugly.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester Wow, what happened to your mom was soo wrong. There are some excellent aides who should be commended for their work, then there are the sketchy ones. I had one who, and this was my own fault, steal narcotics from my handbag. I was resting then came back downstairs. Something told me to check her handbag after I was missing about 15; yep she had all 15 in a pill vial. I called her on it and she started to cry. She begged me not to call the police and I
didn't, I just told her to leave. From then on, even though it's inconvenient, I
keep all narcotics in the safe except what I will need for that day.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
  • Boxes
  • Tea
  • Hannah called off again, the second time this week and tomorrow is her last day. Needless to say I am not pleased. I had a grocery store list, banking, etc.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 I'm sorry about Hannah calling off today. That's not good for you and it's not fair to you.
  • Breakfast for the kids, walked one mile, and got ready for work
  • Stopped for gas in the Tucson on my way into work this morning
  • I might do a quick load of laundry tonight, just my own work stuff (Rick did a load yesterday)
  • Rick is bowling, so I'll probably hang out on the Nintendo for a while.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester I was so angry with Hannah after I received the phone call. I so wanted to tell Tina I didn't want her coming in today but I need her too much.
Other than the calling off, she was amazing. My new aid is someone I've had before. She was here a year ago in May and only worked two days. She was argumentative, gossiped about her other clients and other aids, and had a bad back so I asked not to have her back.. We'll see how it goes this time.

• Boxes
  • Tea
  • Going to start laundry. Hannah texted me last night and told me she would be in. Fingers crossed.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Good luck Mia6 Mia6 Hope things go well.

Contractor is coming in today to finish up. The gutter-weenie is coming in today to finish up. (The contractor will be coming back later this fall to do my Christmas present; Rick has it worked out and I've no clue what that is.)
  • Breakfast for the girls, walked two miles, and got ready for work
  • I think we're going to Lowes tonight. We're getting the floor and putting it right in the shed so the pieces have time to acclimate.
And I think that's pretty much it.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
The shed floor is in the shed. We'll install it this week. The electrician is coming in today to install the heaters and finish up with receptacles and such, the outside recep, and the motion detector light. Rick will put the chandelier together and hang it in the shed this afternoon.
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, and scooped the boxes. Rick stripped the bed down and put the sheets in the washer; I'm putting flannels on the bed this morning; even Rick said it's time. :cold: We've been turning the electric blanket on. (We don't have the heat turned on in the house yet.)
  • I'm making a chocolate cake with whipped peanut butter frosting. It's Rick's mom's 98th birthday today, so we'll take some cake to her tonight to celebrate.
  • Vacuum, swiffer, do three loads of laundry (other than the sheets), wipe down the kitchen and bathroom.
And I think that's it for our Sunday. Work calls tomorrow. :sigh:

Last edited:

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester Well, your shed sounds like it's about ready for you and the girls!
I'm absolutely craving that cake.

Boxes
Tea
Yesterday washed some bedding and sat on the deck and read till it started raining. One of those days where it rains for a bit, stops, then starts up again.
Supposed to be nice today, sunny and in the 60s, will need a hoodie,warm socks, and a hat if I sit out.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 Yepper! We're getting there!

The heaters are in and throwing off good heat. The chandelier is installed, but I have to get bulbs tonight. Rick will be painting wood for around the insides of the windows; we need to get the windows themselves trimmed before we can do the moulding around them. It's coming along.
  • Breakfast for the girls and got ready for work
  • I have a planning commission meeting after work
  • Must grab a few groceries tonight
And that's pretty much it for my Monday.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
  • Boxes Miss Calista Noelle thinks she needs both litter boxes. I notice her coming upstairs and using the box, then going back down.
  • Tea, tasted extra good this morning because it was cold. I turned the heat on to get the chill out of the air but kept it on as I am cold.
  • Going to straighten up as my new helper starts tomorrow, I want to make some lists for her.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
It's a dreary and foggy Tuesday around here. Rick had to go into work to sign up new union members. After I gave the girls breakfast, I went back to bed until 6:45 as I still have that headache; it's not as bad as it was, so I think I'll survive.
  • Breakfast for the girls, went back to bed for a while, then got ready for work
  • Didn't make it for groceries last night, so will run down tonight
And that's pretty much it for me.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 Good luck with your new helper. :vibes:
  • Breakfast for the girls, walked 1-1/2 miles, sorted a bit of laundry, and got ready for work
  • Clarence and I stopped for gas on the way in this morning
  • A quick vacuum and Swiffer about the house tonight

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Visited four flooring stores to try to find vinyl plank flooring that would match my shower surround colors. Then a trip to Costco for coffee and creamer. Finished the day mowing the lawn and moving the last of the outdoor furniture to storage to get ready for the snow that is coming this weekend

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester Pam, I've had her before when she was filling in for my helper I had a year ago. To be honest, she has no
sense of humor and does not smile. I don't now how it's going to go. She does not like to cook, yikes!!!:(
She paid no attention to Cal! Hannah adored the Vincie girl and Cal.😿 Do you still have the same headache from
last week?

• Boxes
  • Tea
  • Fill out a document

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 Well, I guess as long as she's efficient, does her work well, and doesn't call off, hopefully it will be OK. It's really difficult to find somebody to help. No, that headache dissipated last week. I'm getting "Sunday night headaches" meaning the day before going back to work. Plus, the change in the weather always leads to problems until I get used to the change. It'll be OK.

susanm9006 susanm9006 We have vinyl flooring in our kitchen. Wonderful stuff! It takes spills, the occasional pee from The Beast, and a puke or two from the cats, all with flying colors. It's just excellent.

Rick is finishing up the trimming around the shed windows. It really looks nice; just having the white trim around the windows makes it so much better. He'll still be working on moulding. The transom window is going to be a bit of a problem because he's putting a shelf up there for my African violets. We were hoping to get the floor done this week, but no, not going to happen.
  • Breakfast for the girls and got ready for work
  • I finished up my rough layout for the graphics project for my boss. He looked at it, smiled, and said, "You cannot retire!" :lol:
  • Supernatural comes back tonight. It's the final season.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
ell, I guess as long as she's efficient, does her work well, and doesn't call off, hopefully it will be OK. It's really difficult to find somebody to help. No, that headache dissipated last week. I'm getting "Sunday night headaches" meaning the day before going back to work. Plus, the change in the weather always leads to problems until I get used to the change. It'll be OK.
She called off today, her 2nd day, ha!!ll🤣 There is so much laundry to fold, I wish I would've waited to wash it. Oh well, nothing I can do about it and if she has a fever as she said she did, I would rather not be around her.
I hope the headache stays gone.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
She called off today, her 2nd day, ha!!ll🤣 There is so much laundry to fold, I wish I would've waited to wash it. Oh well, nothing I can do about it and if she has a fever as she said she did, I would rather not be around her.
I hope the headache stays gone.
While it is a pain to have her call in sick, you really do not want her around you while she is sick.. even contagious. She needs to improve.. and wear a mask when she is around you.

I am sorry she does not cook. Hannah really did spoil you!! LOL;) saying it with love..

Some aides just do the bare minimum. Sounds like she is one of them. Some do not like cats; perhaps she is one of them.

Try her out for a couple of weeks, then if you do not think it is a match, then ask for a new aide.

Good luck. I will be watching for news. I may not reply but I read it all..
((hugs))

Status
Not open for further replies.