Name Three Things - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i've washed the dishes, scooped the litter boxes, and have kept the wood stove going. i also made two liters of ginger ale, and spent some time with my budget.

later this afternoon, i'll continue with some planning.

after that, i'll play some computer games. i'll continue with a jigsaw puzzle, and then watch some tv.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i'll wash the dishes, scoop the litter boxes, and keep the wood stove going -- a high of 25 degrees F is forecast for today here. :cold:

i've moved two apple pies (unbaked) to the fridge to start thawing. they're in cake pans, as i didn't have enough pie plates available, so they're more 'deep dish'. i'll bake them probably on saturday.

i'll continue with some planning this afternoon. i'd like to complete this today, but we'll see.

after that, i'll likely watch some tv. and a nice hot cup of tea sounds really good, too!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
  • Breakfast for the kids, walked 4 miles, and got ready for work
  • Must scoop the boxes
  • Rick is bowling tonight, so I'll probably hang out playing Nintendo for a while
While I was working in the freezer the other night, I found a pan of apple dumplings. I'll get them out over the weekend, I think, for a Saturday night dessert.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i'll wash the dishes, scoop the litter boxes, and keep the wood stove going. i'll peel and very thinly slice the potatoes for the jalapeno sausage and scalloped potatoes that i'll put together and bake tomorrow -- the sliced potatoes will go in water in a large canister with lid, and out into the back enclosed porch (it's certainly refrigerated out there right now). ;) i'll make a loaf of bread machine bread, too.

after that, i'll continue with the planning. i did make progress on that yesterday, but also got a couple other things done that needed doing.

if there's any free time once those things are completed, i'll likely watch some tv.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom Where did you get your jalapeno sausage? It sounds really good, but I've never really seen it around here. Is it really, really hot or spicy?
  • Must work on a Staples list. Our Staples is closing :sigh: and I have $20 in rewards, plus a $10 coupon that I want to use before they're closed. Also need to hit Target tonight for meds for The Beast. And then to Bed Bath & Beyond to see what's left that I might "need". Our BB & B is also closing. Rick wants to hit Lowes while we're out.
  • Do the scooping thing tonight

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I went to Staples last night and walked out with a bag of stuff and a 22-cent coupon toward my next order. Til they used my coupons, my items were free! A 2019 date calendar, some markers and pens, a notebook, post-its, etc. There were some things that Rick wanted, too. I'll take that. I like free. They're doing a clearance on some pens and markers. Some of their nice notebooks are 50-cents. I walked in with a $20 bill and walked out with my $20 and a coupon for 22 cents on my next trip. The lady behind us in line laughed and said that was the way to go. :lol:

Bed Bath and Beyond is pretty much wiped out. What's left is pretty much junk at this point. Still, what one person considers junk might be exactly what somebody else needs.
  • Breakfast for the kids this morning, emptied the dishwasher, Rick will scoop when he gets up from his morning nap.
  • We have to do some banking. We haven't cashed paychecks in a couple of weeks, so we need to get some money in the bank. Grocery store for some fresh veggies as I'm making a couple dips with veggies and some homemade sourdough bread sticks while we play Scrabble tonight (excuse me, while we argue over words tonight....that's pretty much what our Scrabble-playing consists of). We'll just consider that dinner. We'll flop down on the living room floor with our Scrabble while Rick will be watching football.
  • A good vacuum about the house this afternoon, a quick Swiffer, wipe down the kitchen and bathroom a bit.
And that will be our day.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
We had new windows put in our second floor this week as well as in our garage. We had two new doors put in also. The house is still chaos and I'll keep trying to put things back and clean. I've got one room back the way it should be.

Go to Dick's Sporting Goods

Go to an engagement party tonight.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester -- i was gifted the jalapeno sausage, from an acquaintance at the local produce auction. 15 pounds of it, split between 3 vacuum sealed bags! so while i don't know where it came from, i'd guess it came from a wholesaler or another (very big, and much further away from here) auction.

the jalapeno sausage is pretty hot/spicy, but not what i'd consider overly hot/spicy. the links are quite long.

today i've kept the wood stove going. we're forecast to have a night time low of 9 degrees F -- the lowest temp so far this winter here.

shortly, i'll wash the dishes, slice the loaf of bread machine bread, and make 3 liters of soda. then i'll get the jalapeno sausage and scalloped potatoes put together and into the oven -- two pans of it, and i'll add some frozen peas too! and while that's baking, i'll scoop the litter boxes.

once the jalapeno sausage and scalloped potatoes come out of the oven, i'll cool them in the back enclosed porch -- i love winter, it makes cooling things down quickly very easy!! :yess: then i'll slice into portions, wrap, label, and freeze -- all but 6 servings, which will be my dinner starting tonight. those will be the first of what i'm 'putting up' for the hot summer months.

after that, i'll see what time it's gotten to be. i'll either play some computer games and continue with the jigsaw puzzle, or watch some tv.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Thanks micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom I was intrigued with the sausage....will have to look for it in the various grocery stores I go through from time to time.

We had a couple inches of snow overnight, so it's all white outside. Nothing major, but it's really cold, so it won't melt right away.
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, stripped the bed, sorted laundry and the first of four loads is in the washer. Rick will scoop when he gets up from his morning nap.
  • Work on the grocery list, get my coupons in order for tomorrow night's grocery shopping
  • Rick got the Christmas decorations in some semblance of order in the basement yesterday. I'll go down there this afternoon and work on putting some of my kitchen stuff away, organizing canning jars, see what's in the basement pantry, etc.
  • Rick will visit with his mom tonight; I'm not going as I'm still hacking away with this cough. I'll do a "spa" night: shower, do my hair, do my nails, face mask, all that good stuff, before watching Outlander and going to bed.
We're not really planning much today. Rick will watch football (football days are dwindling down) and I think I'll read this afternoon.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
you're welcome, Winchester Winchester ! i wish i had a brand for it, but there's nothing on the vacuum sealed bags of jalapeno sausage other than a date. it's entirely possible it was part of a case of vacuum sealed bags, packaged for food service industry use, bought from a wholesaler.

i'll slice into portions, wrap, label, and freeze -- all but 6 servings
slice the loaf of bread machine bread
these two things didn't get done yesterday, so will be done today. i got as far as i could, but 'closed up shop' at around 11pm last night.

i've already baked the two apple pies, and have kept the wood stove going. i've also spent a little time with some planning.

i'll wash the dishes, and scoop the litter boxes.

this evening i'll play some computer games, and continue with a jigsaw puzzle.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Man, it's cold outside! :cold: We were down to 14F this morning. Even The Beast went outside, did her thing, and zoomed back into the house. "Mom! It's cold! Breakfast! I need breakfast! Something warm!" ;)
  • I have a planning commission meeting tonight, but I think I can bag it. There's really not much for me to discuss.
  • Groceries tonight
  • Must scoop the boxes

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i'll wash the dishes, scoop the litter boxes, and keep the wood stove going.

i'll also bake that loaf of Irish Soda Bread, and make two liters of root beer. and i'll pull out 3 servings of lasagna from the freezer, move that to the fridge to thaw.

after that, i'll play some computer games and continue with a jigsaw puzzle.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Took the day off from "chores" yesterday, but today is back to reality.

- grocery store
- get some pictures printed out for a friend
- continuing cleanup around here

marmoset

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
-engage in mental distraction over oral surgery tomorrow
-try to help my friend with her grief over her sweet kitty
- feel sad about some FIP kittens that just got put down

and maybe it's a cheat to add a fourth but today calls for it- I'm going to find something to be happy about and some reason to laugh

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Chilly out this morning. We're keeping an eye on the weather for this weekend as a storm is supposed to hit the northeast. Fortunately, I don't have to work on Monday; we have a holiday for MLK Day. I did have plans to do some shopping, but I can always stay at home with my nose in a book(s).
  • Planning Commission meeting again tonight and I have to attend this one
  • Will scoop boxes and do a quick vacuum when I get home tonight
marmoset marmoset Good luck with your oral surgery! :crossfingers:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
My GF called me last night; she needed cinnamon. Sure! I knew I was running low, but thought I had an extra bag in the spice cabinet. Checked my bags of extra spices and....no cinnamon. Man, I must have really gone to town using cinnamon for the holidays. There is not a speck of cinnamon in the house. Last night I went through my spices and did a Penzey order.
  • Breakfast for the kids, walked 4 miles, sorted laundry for washing, and got ready for work. Stopped on the way in to put gas into the Tucson.
  • Over lunch today, I'm running into the supermarket for cinnamon; I need just enough to get me through til the Penzey order gets here.
  • Laundry night
  • Trash night
BTW, Ms. Pepe is having a bad time of it again. She hardly ate dinner last night and she wasn't yelling for breakfast this morning. She didn't even come out for her little dab of peanut butter and she loves her peanut butter. Rick took it to the couch and gave it to her there. She's drinking a ton of water again. We're a little worried, but at her age, there's really not much we can do.

Last edited:

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Last night I went through my spices and did a Penzey order.
I love Penzey's Spices.. They are great.. I am fortunate there is a store somewhat in my drivable area...

Ms. Pepe is having a bad time of it again.
Oh, I am so sorry... Keep us updated.. fingers, toes, and paws crossed, that this is just a passing 'thing'..

LisaT.

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Had my coffee at home this morning and didn't have the urge to smoke. (Quit on January 10th.)
Will go home for lunch to see my kitty's and give them treats.
Going out to my hometown tonight to visit with my old high school friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.