Name Three Things - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
no (human) family, but do have three kitty furmily members! :purr:

i do love to bake! right now, i'm getting close to finishing 'putting up' for the hot summer months -- in my freezers. my range oven goes 'on hiatus' during the hot weather. i'll have enough dinner and dessert servings that i won't need to cook (dinners) or bake (desserts) until it cools down here, sometime around mid october. :yess:
That is great. I cannot be trusted with a freezer full of baked goods.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
  • Boxes, wish the Vincie girl would cover her poops
  • Tea x will be 3, living it up, :yess::cheerleader:
  • The Vincie girl is on my lap, purring loudly, so sweet and farting quietly, not so sweet, but I love her wicked. :itslove::rbheart::petcat:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I"m tired this morning. We drove down to Lancaster County to spend Grandparents' Day with our granddaughter in the morning, then onto Morgantown to look at the sheds. And then back home. We got home right around 4:00 or so. I was pooped. Did laundry and did the boxes. It was a long day. I think I'm getting old!
  • Breakfast for the kids, walked four miles, and got ready for work. On the way into work this morning, I stopped for gas in the Tucson.
  • Must scoop the boxes
  • Rick is bowling early tonight, so I'm going to hang out on the Nintendo for a while. I think Supernatural is new tonight, but I'm not sure.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
I"m tired this morning. We drove down to Lancaster County to spend Grandparents' Day with our granddaughter in the morning, then onto Morgantown to look at the sheds. And then back home. We got home right around 4:00 or so. I was pooped. Did laundry and did the boxes. It was a long day. I think I'm getting old!
  • Breakfast for the kids, walked four miles, and got ready for work. On the way into work this morning, I stopped for gas in the Tucson.
  • Must scoop the boxes
  • Rick is bowling early tonight, so I'm going to hang out on the Nintendo for a while. I think Supernatural is new tonight, but I'm not sure.
You getting old? No way. You're like someone in their 20s with all your energy. :clap:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i've kept the wood stove going, have made a couple phone calls, and have scooped the litter boxes.

i'll wash the dishes, then get started making those two cakes. they'll cool, then into the fridge overnite. they'll be sliced/wrapped/labeled/froze tomorrow.

after that, i'll either watch some tv, or play computer games and continue with a jigsaw puzzle.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Got the winter parka, snow boots and winter mitts back out
Snowblowed the driveway, ten inches or more of heavy heavy snow.
Lent the snowblower out to a neighbor who was foolishly trying to shovel.
Put put peanuts, apples and sunflower seeds on the porch for the very hungry squirrels.

Nothing but iPad and jigsaw puzzle for the rest of the day.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
  • Boxes
  • Tea
  • Watching the Vincie girl. She's on the deck asleep on her ottoman. I have a few throws and towels on it so it's nice and soft. She will probably be out there for most of the day.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
You getting old? No way. You're like someone in their 20s with all your energy. :clap:
:hugs: Thanks! But believe me, this week, I don't know. I'm just too pooped to pip!

So the shed people called to tell me that they're thinking a six-week lead time. :woohoo:Although I wasn't really counting on that. That means sometime around the beginning of June. Oy! We'll need to get a move on getting that shed pad on the ground!
  • Breakfast for the kids, walked 3.5 miles, and got ready for work
  • We may run some errands tonight: Lowes to look at purple paint chips, the mall, etc. I need underwear. If not tonight, tomorrow morning.
  • Must do the inevitable scoop
Rick was supposed to go to Pittsburgh for a union thing this weekend. He was to leave this morning. They called it off on Wednesday, so he'll be staying home. Saturday is supposed to be a nice day, but Sunday is showers and t-storms.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i've kept the wood stove going, but will let it burn down/out for the rest of the day -- we're forecast to get up to 67 degrees F here! :yess: i've sliced/wrapped/labeled and they're now in the process of freezing, the Russian Pound Cakes that i baked yesterday. they turned out simply gorgeous! buttery tasting, chopped walnuts and drained and quartered maraschino cherries in two layers (between the three layers of batter). :cloud9:

i've folded and put away the dryer load. and i've scooped the litter boxes.

this afternoon, i'll get a loaf of bread making in the bread machine, make 3 liters of grape soda, slice into chunks one of the cantaloupes, and wash the dishes. i'll also freeze three 8 ounce chunks of the cream cheese, which will leave me 8 ounces to work on.

after that, i'll play some computer games, and continue with a jigsaw puzzle.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
We didn't get our errands done last night. I got home, the clouds opened up and it started to pour, and both Rick and I said, "Nahhhhh!". Stayed home, I threw together a slice of ham with a pineapple glaze and some fried potatoes and that was supper. He and I played a game of Words with Friends 2 (I lost by 4 points) and then I went to bed and crashed.
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, and am sitting back here with my coffee. Rick will scoop at some point today; maybe I will as it's gotten to the point where most Saturdays, I scoop. The deal is that I scoop during the week and he scoops on weekends, but it doesn't always work out that way.
  • I'm taking Dear Richard out for breakfast this morning, followed by our errands that we didn't do last night.
  • Rick will be going outside; while he's out there, I'm going to do a good vacuuming and dusting in the house and wipe down the kitchen and bathroom, then I'll go outside, too.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i've washed the dishes, scooped the litter boxes, and have taken out some trash.

shortly, i'll bake a pan of cherry carob brownies, cool them on a trivet a bit, then into the fridge until tomorrow -- they'll slice much better if they're chilled. those are the last of the 'must do' dessert baking and 'putting up' for the hot summer months. i'll move on to 'need to do' baking and stove top stuff, followed by 'want to do baking before it gets too hot' stuff. Winchester Winchester 's chocolate (carob, for me) cake with whipped peanut butter frosting, has been 'calling' to me lately. and i want to bake a pineapple upside down cake, too -- which i've set aside 8-12 maraschino cherries for. that's all the maraschino cherries i have left to use, for the cherry carob brownies and the pineapple upside down cake.

well, i do have a smaller jar of crushed maraschino's, which fall in the 'need to do' category. some will be used to make cherry nanaimo's (bars), and the rest will be frozen in ice cube trays (lined with plastic wrap, to make it easy to get the cubes out when frozen) -- those cubes will be thawed and used to top ice cream, and possibly more cherry nanaimo's this fall. i wanted to try the crushed maraschino's, to see what i might make using them.

after that, i'll play some computer games, continue with a jigsaw puzzle, and will likely watch some tv.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Got a lot done yesterday, even my laundry, so there's not much to do today. It's supposed to shower pretty much all day, so we'll see what can be done outside.
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, Rick stripped the bed down and put the sheets in the washer. He'll scoop when he gets up from his morning nap. (Me, I'm thinking about going back to bed for a while; the kids are all fairly quiet right now and I should probably take advantage of it.)
  • Finish what laundry I didn't do yesterday. There's really not much.
  • Work on my grocery list; I will need some things for Easter dinner. Ham is bought and is in the freezer.
There's not much to do today. I got a lot of chores done yesterday and so did Rick, so we might take it easy today.

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
Not much to do today beyond the usual everyday stuff: make the bed, feed the kitties, make breakfast and decide what I want to eat later, pet the kitties, either load or unload the dishwasher, pet the kitties, loaf around some, pet the kitties and check their ears and nails to see if they need attention. Nah, I'm not going to do much, I've got a Netflix movie to watch and will end up with at least one kitty watching with me. Life is good.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
not much to do here today, either! :yess: it's raining here today, too.

i've kept the wood stove going, made two liters of ginger ale, sliced/wrapped/labeled and now in the freezer are the pan of cherry carob brownies i baked yesterday, moved two pints of milk and a vacuum sealed bag of roasted sliced chicken to the fridge to thaw, and i've scooped the litter boxes.

i'll wash the dishes not long from now, and will fill some freezer containers with the rest of a can of vegetable shortening, label them, then into the freezer.

after that, i'll play some computer games, continue with a jigsaw puzzle, and likely will watch some tv this evening.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
We didn't do much yesterday. Watched Tiger win the Masters :yess: And that was about it. That line of t-storms early this morning was nasty.
  • Breakfast for the kids, walked four miles, and got ready for work. I mailed off the state and local taxes on my way into work this morning
  • Must grab some groceries tonight
  • Scoop the boxes

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i've washed the dishes, and scooped the litter boxes. i've also kept the wood stove going. and i think it was already today (after midnight last night) when i moved the ingredients i needed for the two casseroles i'll be baking tomorrow to the fridge to thaw.

this afternoon, i'll peel and very thinly slice the potatoes (and place them in water) for the two pans of jalapeno sausage and scalloped potatoes i'll be making tomorrow. i'll freeze all but the servings i need for several days dinners. i'll wash the dishes i generate from that, too.

after that, i'll play some computer games, and start a new jigsaw puzzle.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i've kept the wood stove going.

i'll wash the dishes, scoop the litter boxes, and likely will make 2-3 liters of soda. i'll be assembling and baking two pans of jalapeno sausage and scalloped potatoes today. i may very well have enough extra potatoes prepped, that i'll make a third and smaller pan of (plain, no meat) scalloped potatoes, too. most of that will be frozen in servings, tomorrow.

after that, i'll sit down for a bit and decide what i feel like doing -- either play some computer games and start that new jigsaw puzzle, or watch some tv.

Status
Not open for further replies.