Purpose of the thread - Name three things you have done or will do today

- Some Laundry
- Get out the Christmas totes to start packing things away
- Some general straightening

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i've kept the wood stove going, moved some jalapeno sausage to the freezer, and have gone outside and picked up various pieces of my recycling that the very high gusty winds last night distributed on my and a couple neighbors yards -- the winds knocked over my recycling can.

this afternoon, i'll write up the standard deductions for this month's budget.

after that, i may start another jigsaw puzzle, and will watch some tv.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i've kept the wood stove going, and have made a phone call.

i'll wash the dishes, and scoop the litter boxes. and i'll spend some time on some planning.

after that, i'll continue with a jigsaw puzzle, play some computer games, then watch some tv.

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
Took out some recycling, went to the garden and cut 2 heads of lettuce and 1 Savoy cabbage, unloaded and then loaded the dishwasher, had a very small dinner because I wanted an alcoholic drink (mulled wine) which is loaded with calories. Tomorrow I will need to empty the LitterRobot and take out all the rest of the trash accumulating in the various trash baskets.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i'll wash the dishes, scoop the litter boxes, and keep the wood stove going. i'll make some bread machine bread, bake a loaf of Irish Soda Bread, and make a batch of carob tapioca pudding.

after that, i'll watch some tv.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
You know, clearly I would not make a good cat. I've been hacking away with this cold/flu/thing now for one week. You'd think I'd have coughed up the blasted hairball by now! I went into work on Wednesday morning. Lasted one hour when my boss told me to go home. Please. Got home, went to bed. And pretty much stayed there until Friday morning at 10:00, when I decided I was going to live after all. Don't laugh; there, for a while, I had some doubts. Whatever it is, it's nasty stuff. I'm still hacking, but not as badly. Still have the blasted headache, but not as badly. No muscle aches and I'm no longer freezing to death. I think I'm going to make it. This is the first morning that I got up and didn't feel like I was too pooped to pip.
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, de-scaled the Keurig and cleaned everything (I don't know if it did any good because I can't really taste much, so I hope it did). Rick will scoop when he gets up from his nap.
  • Must go over to my sister's to scoop boxes and change water (first time I'll have been out of the house since Wednesday morning when I came home from work)
  • Taking the Christmas tree down at some point today, followed by a bit of vacuuming. I did work on taking down some decorations yesterday afternoon, but we need to pack them up. Then it's back here to the computer room to get cookbooks back in order and my desk back to whatever passes for normal.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Winchester Winchester yes that cold/flu has hit everyone at work. It's been round 2 for most of us! I've been fighting it by sleeping more but yes the coughing is very annoying! I hope you start to feel better soon!!! I'm not ambitious today. Made some breakfast. Looked at the dust on my furniture and tv. Does that count as an action?! Watched 2 movies..watching a 3rd one now. It was freezing rain this morning so I decided to stay in. Goodwill has a sale on Saturdays in month of January of sale color books 4/$1 and I think I will sit this one out. I'm planning on going to them next Saturday. But I really don't need any more books :lol2:

Still plugging away on the puzzle I started a few days ago. Jon actually spent the afternoon working on it yesterday. Now to finish it after this movie.

And hope the cold stays gone as I've felt it coming on Thursday night. Last night slept from 7:30 until 5 this morning. Which is very unusual for me...I only sleep 4 or 5 hours at a time...

Get better soon Winchester!!

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Took Capucchino to the vet, she got two shots and a spray to soothe the itchy places where she has been pulling out her fur, no cold although she had been sneezing a few times. Need to go to Target for TP and Smart & Final for paper towels and the pharmacy to pick some meds for myself. It's chilly outside and I don't want to go, rain is also threatening so I better go now.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Thanks, guys. If I could just get rid of this cough, I'd be OK, I think. But the cough is ridiculous. And I have no sense of taste. I de-scaled the Keurig the other day, using a full gallon of water and a mix of 1/2 cup vinegar to 1 cup of water. I ran the mix through, followed by a good gallon of spring water. Took the Keurig apart, cleaned it all up and put it back together. I thought that would be OK and well, I thought it was fine. But poor Rick. He likes his iced coffee sweet and when he took his first sip, he almost gagged. Poured the mug into the sink. So I came back with another gallon of water, ran that through, took everything apart again, cleaned it, and put it back together. Rick said this morning that his coffee was fine. Me? I haven't a clue; I'm just drinking mine. It's hot, but that's all I can say for it.
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, and am sitting back here with my coffee. Rick will scoop when he gets up from his nap. I have the second of four loads of laundry in the washer now.
  • We got the tree down last night, but we still have to move furniture around the living room. I'll do a good vacuuming and dusting today.
  • Rick wants to get outside to take the lights and such down this afternoon. While he's doing that, I'll get the Christmas bells put away from the kitchen. And I think that will be the end of Christmas 2018. I will say that, as much as I like having Christmas in the house, it's also nice to see the house back to normal, too. I'll keep our winter dishes out until the end of February.
No visiting with Rick's mom again this week. The entire bottom floor at the nursing home is under quarantine. They were finally going to lift the quarantine on Wednesday, but then another patient became ill. His mom is on the main floor, but I'm still coughing and sneezing and it's just not a good thing. Rick will call her tonight.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i've taken out some trash, sliced the loaf of bread i made yesterday, baked another loaf of Irish Soda Bread, made 3 liters of root beer, scooped the litter boxes, and have kept the wood stove going.

shortly, i'll wash the dishes.

after that, i'll start another jigsaw puzzle, play some computer games, and watch some tv.

rgwanner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I got 4 more foster kittens yesterday after being kittenless for a week. Last night I noticed diarrhea so I went up to the shelter for meds.

Now I plan to continue my deep clean of the kitchen. I hope to clean on top of the cabinets and wash the cat cookie jars up there.

Do some laundry.

And if I could add number 4 - I want to make some beef stew which probably means a trip to the grocery store since I have used the veggies for other things.

Having 4 eight week old kittens is very distracting so hopefully I can get those things done.

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gathered up all the garbage and all the recyclable but have not disposed of them yet. Watched a movie, went to the farmers' market like I do every Sunday but only got some tomatoes and some multi-colored radishes as everything else is growing in the garden, made a veggie soup and had one serving of it, the other went in the fridge for later, petted Capucchino who seems to be in dire need of it judging from the Siamese voice she has been using instead of her usual Persian voice (Capucchino is a Birman and those have Siamese in their ancient background).

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Back to work this morning. I'm alive and, at this point, that's a good thing. I would have liked having a whole week off work, had I been well enough to enjoy it. As it was, no fun at all. My co-workers are already complaining about my hacking. I can't help it. My doctor said I've turned the corner on this thing and, because of my blood pressure and because I'm allergic to everything under the sun, he says there's not much he can really give me. So I cough. And make my co-workers crazy. Somebody told me to just go back home. And yeah, I could. But crap, I was off three days last week with this mess!
  • Breakfast for the kids, walked 4 miles, and got ready for work
  • Need to get to the UPS store during lunch today and will put gas into my car at that time
  • Must grab some groceries tonight; we haven't really been for groceries in about two weeks.
  • Need to hit Staples for a 2019 calendar for my date book
  • Scoop the boxes at some point tonight
And that's pretty much it.

Max's Human

MAX
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Went to work first thing this am, in the dark.
Visited with my nephew and his stepson, they moved here from Sacramento.
FEED all living CREATURES, large, small and Maximilion, the little monster.:devilish:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i went over and got the mail, moved firewood, took out the trash, took a freezers inventory, moved some ingredients to the fridge to thaw (for the jalapeno sausage and scalloped potatoes i'll make on thursday), roasted two butternut squash, made 2 liters of lemon soda, washed the dishes, scooped the litter boxes, and have kept the wood stove going.

oh, and my three had 'salon day' today, with treats given as a 'thank you for allowing me to'! :purr:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
My SIL is in the hospital; she was admitted last night with breathing problems from the flu. She's going to be OK; this was just a safety thing, more so than anything else, I think. My boss had pneumonia the week before Christmas, he's back out sick, again; the meds aren't working. Now his son is ill, too. Honestly, this stuff is just nasty. Me, I just keep blowing my nose, coughing, sneezing, and washing my hands. :sigh: I don't feel bad; I just need to get rid of this blasted cough.
  • Breakfast for the kids, walked 4 miles, and got ready for work
  • Must scoop the boxes tonight
And that's pretty much it. We're both kind of pooped and may just go to bed early.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i've kept the wood stove going. i'll wash the dishes, scoop the litter boxes, and move a loaf of Irish Soda Bread to the fridge to thaw (it's par-baked, and i'll finish baking it in a couple days). i'll make a batch of carob tapioca pudding, too. and i'll portion into containers, then freeze, some of the butternut squash i roasted yesterday.

after that, i'll continue with a jigsaw puzzle and play computer games, then watch some tv.

Status
Not open for further replies.