Name Three Things - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
artiemom artiemom I'm sorry, I just now saw your post. Outlander came back Sunday night at 8:00 with a repeat at 9:00.

Thanks micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom I've not tried Aldi's flour.

We were really busy yesterday. We got everything done on our list, plus some other things. I couldn't believe that we got three loads of laundry done, I made the maple sticky buns, we did the cats' nails and ears, and gave The Beast her bath, scooped the boxes, and I vacuumed. By 10:00 in the morning. Got outside in the afternoon and got the leaves done....for now anyway. There's a gusty wind and rain today, so we'll have more leaves on the ground.
  • Breakfast for the kids, walked 4 miles, some general clean-up, and got ready for work
  • Clarence and I stopped for gas on the way into work
  • I have a planning commission meeting tonight, but my part should not take too long
  • Come home from that and leave again to grab some groceries
  • Scoop the boxes
I'm going to push for an early night; we'll see how far I get.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester Thanks, but that's ok.. I set a reminder on the TV for it.. That episode was repeated a few times, last night....

Yesterday was a very busy day...

Today, is a busy morning.. a kind of anxious rest of the day...

You guys will hear about it soon~~ hopefully.. fingers crossed....

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
artiemom artiemom Good luck with whatever is going on!
  • Breakfast for the kids, walked 4 miles, general clean-up, and got ready for work
  • As soon as I get home, Rick and I will leave to go vote
  • Scoop the boxes and do a quick vacuum

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Good luck artiemom artiemom !

Aaron's company actually gave them Election Day off. :dunno: We're still debating over what we are going to do today.

No matter what -

- Get trash and recyclables together for tomorrow
- get a grocery list together
- straighten up the kitchen

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I don't know; sometimes I think Election Day should be a national holiday.
  • Breakfast for the kids, walked 4 miles, separated laundry, and general clean-up
  • Walking over to the farmers market during lunch today to pick up some decorating sugars (and whatever else trips my trigger)
  • Trash night tonight
  • Laundry night tonight

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i washed the dishes, scooped the litter boxes, and made a couple liters of ginger ale. i've kept the wood stove going, as it's in the 30's and snowing here today. :cold:

that's it for today for me. i got the firewood stacked, on wednesday and thursday. it took about 11 1/2 hours total, to stack 8 1/2 face cords. i still need to cover the top of the stacks with tarps, but just got those today. no problem though, because the new load of firewood is 'green', so won't be seasoned until next fall.

Aieko

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I need to;
Get up out of bed.
Eat. (and feed the cats, of course.>~<)
Go back to bed.

What can I say? I'm a simple person. :crazy:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
i got the firewood stacked, on wednesday and thursday. it took about 11 1/2 hours total, to stack 8 1/2 face cords.
Holy crap micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom ! 8 1/2 face cords? That's a lot of wood! Wow!

Our smoke alarm went off around 2:00 this morning. We got out of bed, shut it off, and went about the house and basement, checking things out, feeling for warm spots in walls, looking for smoke, smelling for anything unusual (I walked around sniffing because my "sniffer" is better than Rick's). He went outside, looking for any smoke coming from the house. Nothing, thankfully. But that was enough to get Ms. Pepe stirred up and she carried on then from 2:00 until we gave them breakfast at 5:00. She's a snot and thinks that because she's old, she can get away with anything. Brat. We still don't know why the blasted thing went off.

It's going to be bitter this afternoon. Cold and, with the blustery wind, we're talking real feel in the teens. We have leaves to (try to) rake, but I don't know how far we'll get. Penn State plays at noon today, so Rick won't go out until the game is over anyway.
  • Breakfast for the kids, running the dishwasher, Rick is on the couch for his morning nap, I'm going to hit the treadmill in a few minutes and try the Charge 3 Fitbit out.
  • Need to feed my sourdough starter. I'm thinking of sourdough soft pretzels today.
  • Will work on a doing a good cleaning in the kitchen. I have everything moved out and packed away that I know I won't be using until the end of February. After cleaning, I'll start bringing up the Christmas stuff and decorating the kitchen today and this weekend.
  • Scoop the boxes and do a vacuum

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Laundry, pick up more meds for Leroy, spend the rest of the cold damp day curled up with at least one cat :lovecat:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester -- yup, 8 1/2 face cords. it gets delivered in a huge dump truck, and gets dumped in my driveway. it's really cool to watch it getting dumped! :agree: then comes stacking it all, starting with one side of the pile...so i have a path down the driveway. and while i'm stacking, i separate the kindling, short length, and too long pieces out to smaller piles. those get stacked/handled differently than the ideally sized (for my wood stove) pieces. i still need to scoop up the last of the wood debris from the edge of the driveway, and use the chainsaw to trim the too long pieces to usable size.

today i'll bake a pan of Spanish Rice stuffed peppers, run a washer load, wash the dishes, and scoop the litter boxes. i'll keep the wood stove going.

early this morning, i wrote up my 'to do' list for the next two weeks -- very busy here, lots to do.

after i finish today's stuff, i'll likely watch something on tv. maybe have a nice hot cup of tea, too.

rgwanner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I wrote this in the Question post, but today I (among other things)

1, Cleaned at the Shelter

2, Got most of Halloween decs put up (waiting for laundry to finish)

3, Got my co-worker's 2 six week old rescued kittens accepted at the shelter to be adopted!!!

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Cold this morning...we're in the mid-20's. One of those nights I was thankful for the electric blanket. Rick took The Beast out this morning and said that winter is here. We did have a bit of snow yesterday morning. A squall went through and whitened our back deck and laid on the ground for a while. I was not amused.
  • Breakfast for our brats, emptied the dishwasher, working on the second of four loads of laundry.
  • The kitchen is bare and cleaned, waiting for the winter stuff to come up from the basement. I'll start this afternoon. When I'm finished for the day, I'll do a quick vacuum through the house.
  • Leaves, leaves, and more leaves, leaves :fallsmiley: We love having trees on our property, but we don't love the fall clean-up. Thankfully, after all the bushels of black walnuts we had to gather up last year, there was nary a walnut to be found this year.
  • Outlander tonight
And I have off work tomorrow! :yess:

recurringecho

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Is 4am here... does sleeping count, haa

I'm gonna do some grocery shopping and cooking so I have food through the week. After I'm gonna vacuum and finally get some research and writing I've been putting off done.

Winchester Winchester Dare I ask what you did with all those walnuts?

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Pet store to get food for my new unexpected furry addition:eek: I'm going all the way out to Pets Supplies Plus. The nearby Petco has the lousiest selection of everything:headshake:

Possibly supermarket when I get back. Or I can go go tomorrow since I have the day off.

Change the bed sheets to flannel ones because it's getting cold :cold:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
USER=36553]@Winchester[/USER] Dare I ask what you did with all those walnuts?
recurringecho recurringecho Threw them out. Every single last one of them. I hate black walnuts. I offered them to people first. One guy said he'd take them IF I cured them and then shelled them for him. They went to the landfill.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i've got the wood stove going, and made a couple phone calls.

i'm doing some printing right now.

this afternoon, i'll wash the dishes, scoop the litter boxes, and fold/put away a load of laundry. i'll pre-measure for a batch of peanut butter brownies, too.

after that, i'll play some computer games, then watch some tv.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
I have a medically sort of day:
  • venesection (for hemochromatosis)
  • pick up Sundar's Semintra from the vet
and just because it's SO much fun
  • the vacuuming
Oh well.. it is Monday.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I'm going to quit having holidays off work. Last month, for Columbus Day, I had the stomach bug from Hades and spent the day in bed. Today, I was off work for the Veterans' Day holiday and ended up in bed this morning with the headache from Hades. I finally dragged my butt out of bed around noon. So, no shopping, no getting done much of anything I wanted to do. At this point, I'm a little worried about being off for Thanksgiving! I did manage to get a few things done, so all was not lost. But still.....
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher.....and went back to bed.
  • I did manage to get some walking in today, thank goodness
  • Scooped the boxes and vacuumed
  • Dusted the living room, wiped the kitchen and bathroom down
  • Did two loads of laundry, basically cat pillowcases and blankies
  • Got online and signed up for my health care for 2019
  • My desk is immaculate. I got everything put away. Finally.
  • We're going for groceries tonight
  • I have a nice chuck roast, with onions and red wine, braising in the oven to be served over mashed potatoes. With an apple pie from the freezer for dessert
So all in all, not bad, considering I spent the blasted morning in bed.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Back to work this morning. Is it Friday yet?
  • Breakfast for the kids, walked 4 miles, general clean-up, got ready for work
  • Put gas into the Tucson on my way into work this morning; I've started driving the Tucson this week and will put Clarence away this weekend. (I can start the Tucson with my key fob from the kitchen, so it's defrosted and warm til I go outside. And the local weatherweenies are calling for snow and then ice on Thursday.)
  • Must scoop boxes tonight
And I think that's pretty much it.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
It's Hump Day around here. Two more days then the weekend.
  • Breakfast for the kids, walked 4 miles, sorted laundry on the bathroom floor, and did some general clean-up about the kitchen, got ready for work
  • Laundry night
  • Trash night
  • I may make some pumpkin bars tonight to bring into work tomorrow. They call for a cream cheese frosting; I'm not fond of anything cream cheese, but there's a hit of orange in the frosting and, somehow, that makes it all better. These bars are more cakey than regular pumpkin bars. We really like them.

Status
Not open for further replies.