Name Three Things - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester , i don't usually buy my strawberries from a store, or really even the auction. i like to go strawberry picking, and i believe the price is better buying them from 'pick-your-own' places too. that said, should i come across a box of really very ripe (but no mold on them) at the auction, i'd buy them if the price was good enough -- and make some strawberry freezer jam with them! :yummy:

today i've done some research online, as well as placed a couple orders.

i'll do a little printing, and continue with some planning. i'll wash the dishes, and scoop the litter boxes.

after that, i'll watch something on tv.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom We have a small strawberry patch in the garden that's given us some lovely berries and we keep saying we want to enlarge it. Most of the time I'll grab berries from our local farmers' market or Rick will stop at an Amish farm out the road from us and buy some; he can stop on his way home from work. There aren't any pick-your-own places close by. The Amish farms have little sheds out by the road with fresh produce; they go by the honor system. One woman out the road from us does baking for Fridays and you can stop by and pick up a loaf of bread, maybe some cookies or whoopie pies.
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, made the bed, general straightening-up in the kitchen, scooped the boxes, and got ready for work.
  • I have a planning commission meeting tonight right after work
  • May work on weeding the front flower bed

• Purraise
Reactions: VBG

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Hump Day.....neither Rick nor I wanted to get out of bed this morning.
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, made the bed, sorted laundry, and did some walking around the house before getting ready for work. The walking is going better; I may try the treadmill next week on a 1% incline and see what happens.
  • Laundry night and trash night
  • Rick has to get some reports ready for the union meeting, so I will be his secretary tonight.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Rick has a union meeting after work today, so I'll have to take The Beast out and make dinner for the kids. He usually gets home before I do, so those are normally his jobs.
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, made the bed, did some general clean-up around the house, did some walking around the house, up and down the stairs, etc., scooped the boxes, and grabbed a quick shower.
  • We may work in the yard tonight.
There's not much going on tonight.

rgwanner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I could only put a freezer in the living room. The closet is taken up with clothes, fabric and yarn I sew, knit and crochet and do craft shows a few times a year. But every life style has its good and bad points. I love to visit my family in IN in the country with THREE freezers but they have to drive 10 miles to the nearest Wal-Mart or Kroger.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
that sounds like a really good idea, Winchester Winchester , to enlarge your strawberry patch! :agree:

today i'll wash the dishes, scoop the litter boxes, and get a loaf of bread making in the bread machine. then i'll work on two planning things.

i've already run outside and watered some plants. i'm hoping we get the rain that's forecast over the next couple days. :crossfingers:

after that, i'll watch some tv.

HellsBells80

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Since I'm a stay at home mom, I have fed the cats and kids, scooped litter boxes, done 2 lots of school runs, cleaned the bathrooms, vacuumed, changed the bed sheets, made dinner, and now I'm sitting for a break with a well earned cup of coffee. :sleep2::sleepycat:

• Purraise
Reactions: VBG

VBG

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I arranged for the POD containers to move us from TX to OR. Busy time of year so I'm glad I was on top of that. Making pulled prk bbq in the crockpot & I'll brown some sweet potato fries in the wok. You find new ways to cook when its 102° 'but feels 111°. Ovens are for storage.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Rick's supervisor asked him if he was interested in working today; he responded with a definite "NO!". No overtime, unless it becomes mandatory again. We've got too much to do around here. He's napping right now, but he's going to work on painting and finishing the trim in the bathroom, finishing the door and window, sanding the wall back down and re-painting.
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, scooped the boxes
  • I need to run some errands this morning: banking, a run to Target and to Lowes, stop at the butcher in town, get gas for the lawn mowers
  • Wipe down the kitchen, vacuum and Swiffer
I was going to mow lawn this afternoon, but we awakened to a drizzle, which has since turned into pretty much a steady rain now.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i'll wash the dishes, and scoop the litter boxes. i'll make that loaf of bread today -- didn't make it yesterday as i didn't need it quite yet.

this afternoon, i'll work on the planning for a while. then, i'll watch something on tv.

we are getting the rain that was forecast!! :yess:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Sundays are for baking. I'm making lemon-coconut cookies and browned butter cookies with pecans, sea salt, and chocolate chips (although I'm using a mixture of chocolate and caramel chips). I browned the butter and it should be fairly cool now to use. I have to make two kinds of cookies; Rick won't touch the lemon-coconut ones, but I want to try them: lemon and coconut :cloud9:.
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, stripped the bed down, and threw the sheets in the washer. When Rick gets up from his morning nap, he's going to start working in the bathroom again.
  • Bake the cookies and then wipe the kitchen down. Do a quick vacuum about the house.
  • Visit with Rick's mom and then give myself a manicure.
Tomorrow's Monday :eviltongue: I really need to retire.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Winchester Winchester you're making me hungry! You and your delicious meals! I did a bit of baking yesterday, but I have a bunch of bananas to use up so perhaps some muffins can come out of that.
We are going to put up the curtain rod in the dining room that has taken us a month to get around to.
And there's a load of Ikea furniture in the living room I have to assemble, so that's a good way to spend this rainy day.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i'll wash the dishes, scoop the litter boxes. i'll move another two pints of milk to the fridge to thaw.

then, i'll work on the planning for a while.

it's forecast for more rain here today, and i'm hoping we'll get that. we're looking at mid to upper 80's here later this week, so we could use the rain. :agree:

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
RMV:cringe: I need to renew my state ID. The application can be started online but you have to print it out and take it to a RMV location with all the required proofs of residency finish:angrywoman: And I probably need a new picture taken, too. I plan to get there an hour before the nearest location opens and wait in what will probably be a huge line anyways:cringe: Hopefully I won't need to spend more than a few hours to get my ID renewed.

Target after the RMV. I'm going to try to not buy extra stuff I don't need :p

Then supermarket because I haven nothing planned for dinner :ohwell:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
pushylady pushylady Thanks! :hugs: You're welcome to come for dinner any time! I love banana muffins. Yum.

It's been a long and fairly busy week. I got the yard done on Tuesday night, except for some trimming in the side yard and right in the back behind the house. We've been working in the bathroom and painting trim.
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, made the bed, scooped the boxes, grabbed a quick shower, and stopped to put $20 gas into Clarence on my way to work this morning.
  • Run to the store either over lunch today or tonight after work to grab some red potatoes and some onions (I have one of each in the pantry).
  • Hard boil some eggs tonight to make potato salad tomorrow
  • I may try to trim that side yard and back yard tonight, so I don't have to do it over the weekend....it's going to be hot, hot, hot!
  • Rick shocked the pool last night and should vacuum tonight, so it's ready for the weekend.
I think that's pretty much it.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i did a bunch of little things around the house, but the 'main event' was completing reorganising one area of my house. that involved heaving a large storage bin upstairs, and then heaving the cat's toy chest downstairs -- i certainly was sweating after that! :sweat: it got up to 88 degrees F here today!!! :thud: i got things done so that i won't need to do them during the worst of the hot weather here -- tomorrow through monday.

i looked at my lawn earlier this week, and decided once again (just like for the previous time mowing, i skipped a week/waited two weeks between mowing) not to mow the lawn yet. i don't want to risk my lawn turning brown/the grass dying, so will wait until it cools down to 80's during the day before i mow again. the grass hasn't grown much at all yet.

earlier this week, i went to the produce auction and bought: two 3 count bags of tomatoes for $1.25 each (they aren't particularly good tasting, but they're good to serve sliced with cucumber and a little salad dressing), 10 lbs of white potatoes at $2.50, and ten boxes of assorted breakfast cereals for $1.75 per.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
HHH: hazy, hot, and humid and they say it will continue until at least next weekend. We're a little worried about The Beast; she doesn't do well in hot weather and this shows no signs of ending any time soon. Rick is going to take her outside in the shade and give her a bath. We kept all the windows open last night to take advantage of any breezes that might flow through the house. So far everybody seems to be doing OK.
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, straightened up a bit, scooped the boxes, made the bed, working on a bit of laundry
  • My sister and I are going to a flooring store this morning as she wants to put in a new kitchen floor. We're going to do a bit of shopping as well (she's coming here for dinner tonight; her MIL passed away yesterday, so her DH went to NY to take care of everything; she'll go for the funeral, when they decide what they're doing.).
  • Vacuum, a bit of a Swiffer
I'm spending late afternoon in the pool.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
it's forecast to be extremely hot here too! mid-90's through monday, then upper 80's through the end of the week. :thud:i have stuff to do this week, no choice on it. so i'll make sure to stay hydrated, and take it slowly. i'll likely take care of a smaller project this week, and delay starting on the bigger project until next week. :think: that will put me a week behind, but it's the wise choice.

i hear you, Winchester Winchester ! the poor Beast -- sending scritchins. i've got the ac on, will have it running until it cools down to reasonable again. i can handle up to upper 80's for myself, but 83 degrees and above means ac is best for my cats. :agree:

today i've already made a quick trip outdoors -- not going out there again, in that heat! :headshake: i've cut up more supplements doses for my cats, and have scooped the litter boxes.

shortly, i'll wash the dishes. then write up the planning i've been working on, on a sheet of paper. it's all planned and organized, just want it...put together, so it's easy to look through as needed.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i've made a quick trip outdoors -- will not be going out there again today! :noway:

i've already scooped the litter boxes, as well as moved a pint of milk and upcoming desserts to the fridge to thaw. i also spent a few minutes with the budget.

this afternoon, i'll wash the dishes, and then have a relatively short list of things to do around the house.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
We either need more hours in a weekend day or more days to the weekend. There's just not enough time. Rick is off work all this week and he plans on finishing up the bathroom (all but the shower doors) and getting some work done outside. But man, it's hot out there! And the gnats are just horrible around here.
  • Breakfast for the kids, walked 3 miles, grabbed my shower and came into work
  • Groceries tonight
  • Scoop the boxes (unless Rick does it today)
Neither of us is sleeping very well right now. I'm up and down often during the night. I may try for an early night tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.