Name Three Things - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Good job with the produce auction micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom !
  • Breakfast for the kids, 3.5 miles on the treadmill, made the bed, grabbed my shower
  • Rick is bowling tonight, so it's Nintendo Night for me

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you like the Hood milk? They just started selling Hood products around here. I brought some Hood cottage cheese the other day but have not tried it yet.

This morning I
Put out food for the ferals, squirrels and birds.
Put the trash and recycling out to the curb.
Toasted a bagel with cream cheese for breakfast.
@muffy , Hood is my favorite milk. It is a local, Massachusetts company that I have known all my life. The market most convenient to me stopped carrying it :bawling: so I purchase it elsewhere, at other markets. :)

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
thank you! :D mmmm...i dearly love sweet bread & butter pickles! in fact, i always have several jars on hand.

shortly, i'll scoop the litter boxes, wash the dishes, and slice the loaf of bread machine bread. this afternoon, i'll work on some planning. i may go ahead and get started with making a batch of potato salad today, dice the carrots, celery, and potatoes (put the potatoes in a container with water, then into the fridge). and i'll run the washing machine late this afternoon.
well, no prep for potato salad today. i kept thinking there was a reason why i should wait on that, and then i remembered that i'm still working on that salad mix! so i'll wait until i'm almost finished with the salad mix, and then get the potato salad started.

as of this point of the day, i only have running the washing machine left to do. :yess:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i've got the load of laundry in the dryer, and have kept the wood stove going. not long from now, i'll fold and put away the dryer load, scoop the litter boxes, and wash the dishes.

this afternoon, i'll continue working on some planning. after that, i'll watch a tv show or a movie.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I took a vacation day today and Rick got laid-off for the day; he was able to leave work early yesterday and was told not to go back to work until Monday. We get to spend a Friday together. The bad thing about that is that I was planning on doing some cleaning and organizing; chances are I won't get nearly as much done today as I'd like to because, when Rick is home, I don't seem to get as much done.
  • Breakfast for the kids, made the bed, separated laundry. Rick will scoop the boxes.
  • Working now on the laundry that I didn't get done on Wednesday night because Rick took me out to dinner; I didn't know and it was a nice surprise.
  • We are going to look at granite for the bathroom counter top and, while we're out, we need to pick up the new toilet and sinks for the bathroom. We also have a meeting at a local builder supply store to order the new window. (I think we're going with the same type of window that we have in the kitchen, although not as large.)
  • Rick is taking a load of recycling down to the recycling center; the totes are overflowing.
  • I need to pick up the standing rib roast at the butcher for tomorrow's dinner. I also need to figure out exactly what's for dinner tomorrow, so I can work on a bit of a grocery list to make a dash to the grocery store tonight.
  • Somewhere in there, I need to vacuum, dust, and wipe down the kitchen and the bathroom.

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wash out some laundry.
Vacuum (sorry Speedy, she really doesn't like that):disappointed:
Listen to U2 Live while I work
Go to work tonight (Friday nights go by quickly and I usually leave feeling I met some nice people)

Winchester Winchester , I'm happy you had a nice dinner Wednesday.

micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom , I hope you watch a nice movie or good show.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wash out some laundry.
Vacuum (sorry Speedy, she really doesn't like that):disappointed:
Listen to U2 Live while I work
Go to work tonight (Friday nights go by quickly and I usually leave feeling I met some nice people)

Winchester Winchester , I'm happy you had a nice dinner Wednesday.

micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom , I hope you watch a nice movie or good show.
thank you! :D i did watch a good tv show! i started watching the series Prime Suspect, the original series that was on PBS's Masterpiece Theater, the one that the main character, Jane Tennison, wasn't played by Helen Mirren -- my understanding is that Helen Mirren played Tennison after the series 'took off'.

today i've kept the wood stove going, and scooped the litter boxes. not long from now, i'll wash the dishes and take out the trash.

this afternoon, i'll pre-measure the dry ingredients for a coffee cake that i'll bake next week. then i'll continue working on some planning, and continue with working on next month's budget.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Thanks R raysmyheart we had a nice time. Rick left work early, picked me up for lunch and we went over to the farmers' market for our lunch. He brought me back to work and when I got home, he suggested dinner out. Well, I'm not going to turn down dinner! :)
  • Breakfast for the kids and....well, that's it right now. :lol: Rick went back to bed, I grabbed my coffee and came back here to check out TCS. He will scoop when he gets back up from his nap; he also promised to vacuum for me later on this morning (I didn't get it done yesterday; I did manage to clean the kitchen and bathroom and get the dusting done. But then we were out and about for the rest of the day and didn't get home to stay until after 5:00.)
  • After my morning coffee, I'm going back out to the kitchen to make the Perfectly Chocolate Chocolate Cake and the whipped peanut butter frosting. Then I'll put the corn pudding together and stick it in the fridge for dinner later on tonight. I'll probably make the gravy, too, and put it in the fridge because I hate messing around with making gravy at the last minute. We're having a bit of a dinner party at our house tonight. C'mon in, everybody! You're all invited!

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm being a slug today. I have no energy to go out to do errands or anything. Leroy has me wiped out :thud: (see thread on Health).

I think I'm just going to organize Leroy's vet stuff together in a notebook, curl up with a good book on Laura Ingall Wilder's life and rest my aching back and wrists (:angrywoman: :censored:work. I'm not spposed to lift X but I had no choice to because it was assigned to me), make a one pot dinner.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope my earlier posting went through, but I do not think so...

Here is is again:
Winchester Winchester A very Happy Belated Birthday!!! :celebrate: :bday:vvv

LTS3 LTS3 Yup, our kitties can just wipe us out.. they are our babies.. If only they knew.. but I think they do.. we get their love back hundreds fold for all our worry...:vibes:

Had a crazy day:
Had a ton of stuff to do.. nothing happened!!!

Did regular Artie/morning stuff

Made a long phone call to someone I have not spoken to since around Christmas.
opened up my Comcast Bill.. outrageous!!! I was furious!

Had a very late shower..(due to Comcast)

Took trash out..

making supper of ravioli's, sauce, and chicken Italian sausage. This will keep for a couple
days..

Spent over an hour on the phone with Comcast about the bill!! furious.. Originally was told supervisor would call me back in an hour.. I waited.. nothing.. I called back, got someone who was LOCAL!!! OMGosh!! Finally got bill straightened out..It only took about 30 minutes and I got someone who absolutely understood all my issues!!!

I will go down to the local service center, on Monday to pay it, in person.. my last electronic payment was rejected and they never informed me of it!!! got a bill for over $400.. I was livid!!

Then, not doing a darn thing... too much aggravation.. just listening to music, vegging out, before supper.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
thank you! :D i did watch a good tv show! i started watching the series Prime Suspect, the original series that was on PBS's Masterpiece Theater, the one that the main character, Jane Tennison, wasn't played by Helen Mirren -- my understanding is that Helen Mirren played Tennison after the series 'took off'.

today i've kept the wood stove going, and scooped the litter boxes. not long from now, i'll wash the dishes and take out the trash.

this afternoon, i'll pre-measure the dry ingredients for a coffee cake that i'll bake next week. then i'll continue working on some planning, and continue with working on next month's budget.
well, that didn't get done. looking at the recipe, there's sifting involved -- sifting of flour, and then sifting of the flour with other dry ingredients. i figured that sifting and then pre-measuring and storing in a bag wasn't going to be the best idea -- the flour wouldn't be as...fluffy as it was immediately after the sifting. so i'll go ahead and deal with measuring ingredients as well as washing the extra dishes that makes, on the day i bake the coffee cakes. yup, i'll be baking two of them, as that will be good use of the oven. i'll cool the cakes, slice them, and then wrap individual slices and freeze them -- likely will freeze 3/4's of the slices from the two cakes.

i did continue working on next month's budget and some planning today.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I hope to get started right away this morning sorting through the tax stuff and getting it ready for the person who does our taxes. I am behind on filing so I am expecting this stuff will be a project every day this week.

I want to cook some chili or soup, something I can put in the crock pot and forget it.

I hope we will be able to get our walk in today. It is raining, so we will have to fit it in between showers or go somewhere we can walk inside. All of that depends on how hubby's back is. He hurt it, maybe pulled a muscle a week and a half ago.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Thank you for the birthday wishes!

I was down Sunday, pretty much all day, in bed with another lousy headache. I still have it this morning, but came into work anyway and am hoping that it goes down to a dull roar sometime this morning. I would sell my soul for two Advil tablets.
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, and then I went back to bed for an hour
  • Have a meeting at 10 this morning; I hope it doesn't go on forever
  • Must work on the grocery list sometime today
  • Groceries tonight and a Target run to pick up meds
Hoping for an early night tonight

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester , i hope you feel better real soon! :hugs:

today i'll wash the dishes and scoop the litter boxes -- shortly. i'll also run out a small bag of trash.

this afternoon, i'll finish with next month's budget and continue work on some planning. i'd like to pull out the two bundt cake pans (will be used tomorrow, for baking the coffee cakes), and set them on the kitchen counter. i've already moved a pound of butter to the fridge to thaw.

i'll continue to keep the wood stove going.

after i finish those things, i'll watch either some tv shows or a movie. yesterday, i watched a really interesting documentary on WWII British agent Noor Inayat Khan, Enemy of the Reich: The Noor Inayat Khan Story.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Oh wow artiemom artiemom I would have been furious, too! I'm glad you got it straightened-out.
Thanks, micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom I do feel better this morning. But these headaches are really starting to knock me out.

We got out of bed this morning and Rick said it wasn't doing anything outside. He took The Beast out about five minutes later and it was snowing, coming down quite a bit. I looked out the kitchen door about 20 minutes later and we had 1-1/2 inches, just that quickly. :censored: It's pouring snow. Rick looked at me and said, "Get a move on; I'll take you to work." The driving lane on the highway was just OK, but there is no passing lane; it's completely covered. Blah
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, scooped the boxes and got ready for work.
I don't think we'll be doing much tonight, other than sweeping and shoveling after we get home. It all depends on how much we're supposed to get. We had heard about two inches total; well, heck, we had that when we left the house this morning.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Regular morning stuff: Artie meds, breakfast, picking up

Brush/Play with Artie

Going to hairdresser!! finally.. all my grey roots are showing.. so tempted to let it grow out, but hairdresser said, "No Way".. I think grey would not be flattering to me; plus, my hair would be very limp, flat, without the extra body...

then home.. not sure what else I will do...

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Have a few pieces of ironing to do. Turn on the Shark Robot and let it clean the floor. I hope to get set down again and do paperwork toward taxes.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i baked the two coffee cakes yesterday. i'm keeping one cake for desserts over the next 10-12 days, and the second cake is currently on a plate in the fridge. i'll slice and freeze that second cake today.

i'll wash the few dishes i have and scoop the litter boxes not too long from now. and i'll keep the wood stove going. i'll also work with my budget for a few minutes today.

after that, i may read for a while.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, made the bed, separated laundry, and grabbed a quick shower
  • Laundry night
  • Trash night
  • X-Files tonight (I've also been mini-binge watching the old shows that are on OnDemand right now.....up to about mid-way through Season 3. They're not showing all of the shows in each season, though. Darn it.)

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Worked at full-time
Filled birdfeeder
Went to dinner with my niece and nephew
Catching up on world news in Washington Post
Cuddle with Speedy

Status
Not open for further replies.