Name Three Things - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i washed the dishes -- including the new baking sheets and pans :cloud9:, scooped the litter boxes, and took out the trash. i moved the trash and recycling cans back from the curb -- was pick up day today. i've kept the wood stove going. and i made a short phone call. i also moved a couple jars of milk to the fridge to thaw, and will move the second vacuum sealed bag of pulled pork to the fridge to thaw shortly.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
TGIF!
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, made the bed, scooped boxes and took the trash out, grabbed a shower
  • I'd like to hit the car wash over lunch to get some of the crap off the car. Then again, I'd like to work over lunch and leave at 3:00. So.....
  • Not sure about tonight yet. I don't think we have plans to do much
ETA: Leaving at 3:00 this afternoon won out over taking a lunch break. I'll work over lunch and get out early.

Last edited:

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This morning there was a set of cat tracks coming up my front steps onto my porch. We couldn't get out to walk so the barn cats next door didn't get the extra food we give them when we pass. I think one of them came looking for me. so I will get hubby to go with me, maybe drive over there and leave some food for those four sweethearts.
I want to bake some bread. I have a bit of ironing to do. Not been well this week so things are stacking up around here.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
blueyedgirl5946 blueyedgirl5946 , i hope you feel better soon! :vibes:

today i've washed the dishes, scooped the litter boxes, and have kept the wood stove going.

now i'll be looking into some Bach Essences for our Punky, and possibly for DeeDee as well. the looking into will start here at TCS. after that, i'm wanting to watch some of the new season of Grace and Frankie -- supposed to be available today. oh, and i need to move that vac sealed bag of pulled pork to the fridge to thaw, too.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Quick dash across the street for milk, pick up more meds for Leroy, upgrade my phone (hopefully it won't take too long. Tech stuff makes me:dizzy:), keep reading up on IBD and note possible treatments for Leroy to discuss with vet.

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Worked at my full-time job
Bought Speedy a tye-dye mouse
Sat on the couch and fell asleep for a few moments after work, woke up in a panic to get to my evening job
Picked up some Hood milk at the store

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
R raysmyheart , that tye-dye mouse sounds like it would be really cute!! :agree:

i scooped the litter boxes -- early, because that will allow me to get going on making the cake more quickly later today.

i'll bake a cake/frost it, wash the dishes, and keep the wood stove going. i'll also run out whatever trash i have -- it's forecast to be rainy coming up on monday, tuesday, and possibly into wednesday here.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
blueyedgirl5946 blueyedgirl5946 I hope you're feeling better this morning.

We did a lot of shopping and looking around yesterday. Ordered the floor for the bathroom, looked at paint color, looked online at Kohler bathroom fixtures. I think Rick is going to order the toilet and sinks today; he'll order them through Lowes, they'll be delivered to the store and then we'll pick them up. The floor tiles should come in next week. (We've been buying our flooring from an Amish flooring store in the area; the savings are substantial over big box stores and "designing" stores. And they do a beautiful installation. That's where we bought our kitchen floor, too. The guy from the store will be coming in this week to measure the shower area for the tile and then we can order that, too.)
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, scooped boxes, sorted laundry and stripped the bed
  • Working on the second of four loads of laundry
  • Vacuum, Swiffer, etc
  • I will be working in the kitchen on straightening some cabinets and organizing the kitchen freezer
  • Manicure tonight

Last edited:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i scooped the litter boxes, and have kept the wood stove going.

shortly, i'll wash the dishes, and take out the trash -- that didn't get done yesterday. and i'll make a phone call.

this afternoon, i'll watch some tv shows or a movie.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
OK, toilets and sinks are ordered and should be at the store later on this week.
Still looking at paint colors.
  • Breakfast for the kids, 3 miles on the treadmill, made the bed, grabbed my shower
  • Put gas into the Tucson on my way to work
  • Grab a few groceries tonight
  • Scoop the boxes
  • I think Lucifer comes back tonight

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • Breakfast for the kids, 3.5 miles on the treadmill, made the bed, grabbed my shower
  • Must scoop boxes tonight
  • Need to set up a date for the contactor to install the window and new drywall in the bathroom
  • A quick vacuum and Swiffer about the living room

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
- get rash and recyclables together
- pay some bills
- put away some laundry

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
write out bills and go to post office to mail
regular morning stuff
errands

should put clean clothes away and wash a load of whites
decide what to have for supper

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • Breakfast for the kids, 3.5 miles on the treadmill, made the bed, sorted laundry, grabbed my shower
  • Laundry night
  • Trash night

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i washed the dishes, scooped the litter boxes, and have kept the wood stove going. i also made a loaf of bread machine bread, moved the last container of cabbage roll casserole to the fridge to thaw, properly stored the cat food shipment and the other box which contained paper goods, took out trash and recycling, and did a couple very minor 'installation' type things --
- i repurposed an oven mitt (which i never use, it's a simple rectangle shape with a 'sleeve' that you slide your hand into) into a holder for my tv and roku remotes, with some foam pieces tucked inside the 'sleeve' part so the remotes sit in the holder better. i put in a heavy duty picture hook with nail, and hung the loop of the oven mitt/holder on it. so now, there shouldn't be any knocking around or off my desk of those remotes, when my cats are playing. :D
- i put in a couple wall anchors and put up a motion sensor night light next to the wood stove. it's located perfectly to become activated when i approach the wood stove. many nights one or more of my three will lay on the hearth rug in front of the wood stove, basking in the warmth. seeing as my eyesight is not good in dim light (when i've let the embers in the stove burn down, before adding more wood), i've sometimes bumped into (usually) DeeDee while she's been laying there. now, with the motion sensor night light there, when i go to add more wood to the wood stove, as i approach the stove the night light comes on -- illuminating for me any cats laying on the hearth rug. :purr:

i went to the produce auction yesterday evening, and came back with: a gallon bottle of Ken's extra heavy mayonnaise for $3, 4 bags of sourdough pretzel nuggets at 50 cents each, six 24 oz bottles of Kraft classic caesar salad dressing for 25 cents per, a 2 1/2 pound vacuum sealed bag of iceberg and romaine salad mix (has shredded red cabbage and carrot in it) for 50 cents, and five 1 lb food service sealed plastic 'trays' of dill pickle slices (in pickle juice) for 25 cents each -- my plan is to use them for peanut butter and dill pickle sandwiches...:yummy:

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You really got some good deals. I brought a large jar of sliced bread and butter pickles last week. Some of them will be used for peanut butter sandwiches. I also like them in salads or by themselves.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Worked at my full-time job
Bought Speedy a tye-dye mouse
Sat on the couch and fell asleep for a few moments after work, woke up in a panic to get to my evening job
Picked up some Hood milk at the store
Do you like the Hood milk? They just started selling Hood products around here. I brought some Hood cottage cheese the other day but have not tried it yet.

This morning I
Put out food for the ferals, squirrels and birds.
Put the trash and recycling out to the curb.
Toasted a bagel with cream cheese for breakfast.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Scoop boxes, made their breakfast and meds for Pumps and Honeybee this morning,
Last night:
Vacuumed the mess Miss Bee made in the bedroom-there's a wicker basket on top of a basket-it's her scratching post (paid $1) and for some reason she loves clawing it-but it leaves a heck of a mess with wood shavings on the floor.

Got the master bedroom and bathroom vacuumed...her fur is so fine that it clogs up the head on the vacuum, i am forever taking off the attachment and run the nozzle all over it...she's a fuzzy cat!

Cooked angel hair for my lunches

Tonight I will vacuum the living room. I am trying to do one room every night instead of letting it go so long. We shall see how that goes.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You really got some good deals. I brought a large jar of sliced bread and butter pickles last week. Some of them will be used for peanut butter sandwiches. I also like them in salads or by themselves.
thank you! :D mmmm...i dearly love sweet bread & butter pickles! in fact, i always have several jars on hand.

shortly, i'll scoop the litter boxes, wash the dishes, and slice the loaf of bread machine bread. this afternoon, i'll work on some planning. i may go ahead and get started with making a batch of potato salad today, dice the carrots, celery, and potatoes (put the potatoes in a container with water, then into the fridge). and i'll run the washing machine late this afternoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.