Name Three Things - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
The house is officially decked out for the holidays. Rick got the garlands and lights up around the top of the kitchen cabinets last night. He said he still may do a few small things outside. I got some cookies finished yesterday: snickerdoodles (first on my list....gee, I wonder why?!), chocolate crinkles, chocolate chip, and some peppermint icebox cookies (made with Andes peppermint chips). I was going to work on some cut-outs, but our son texted me to say that he was bringing our granddaughter up to bake cookies some day within the next couple of weeks, so I'll save cut-outs for when she visits. He'll let her take a day off school and I'll take a day off work and we can spend the day in the kitchen.
  • Breakfast for the kids, walked 4 miles, and got ready for work
  • Must grab a few groceries tonight
  • Scoop the boxes
And I think that will be it for tonight

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i'll wash the dishes, scoop the litter boxes, and keep the wood stove going.

i've already paid 3 bills today.

and my three will have 'salon day', trimming claws. :purr:

i'll see if i can squeeze in pre-measuring for the peanut butter brownies, too. and i'll be reorganizing the firewood in the enclosed porch, to be followed by shifting the top 2-3 feet of firewood off of that 16 foot long stack that's seriously leaning at the top, over into the enclosed porch.

will also be moving that sliced roast chicken to the fridge to thaw, as that didn't happen last night.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom We had spa day on Sunday afternoon and, trust me, there were no purring kitties, only screaming and whirling dervishes! Man, they hate spa day. We need a growling, hissing kitty icon for spa days around here.
  • Breakfast for the kids, walked 4 miles, cleaned up a pile of puke in the computer room, and got ready for work
  • I have to run out to a farm to take pictures of stormwater improvements for my files
  • Scoop the boxes tonight
And I'm thinking that will be it for today

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Must be sinus season right now. Our admin asst took off for the second day in a row because of sinus problems. Rick came home last night with a horrible sinus headache; he had a couple cookies and then went to bed.....seriously, he ate a couple snickerdoodles first and then went to bed. He got up around 7 or so, had a quick bite of supper and then hit the couch. And stayed there until 10 when he came back to bed. He said he's feeling better this morning, but I don't expect that to last. He'll probably text me around 10 and tell me the headache is back full-force.
  • Breakfast for the kids, walked 4 miles, sorted laundry on the bathroom floor, and got ready for work
  • Trash night
  • Laundry night

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Winchester Winchester Everyone around here is fighting the crud. I had to lysol the tool crib last week because of all the guys coughing and sneezing on all the grinders and tools. :cringe: I have been fightinf off this crud. Last week almost every night I was getting the chills. So took some over counter stuff and chills went away. Jon's fighting it now. I absolutely hate sinus illnesses. I'm such q baby when it comes to it. I've been dealing with sinus junk since born. I totally understand :hugs: Hoping you don't get the crud!!!:crossfingers:

Seems several guys at work here have been fighting it for a month!:cringe:

Well I didn't do much yesterday after work.
Got gas, it was cold! About 25 with this wind! Scooped the catboxes. Bee made a mess :cloudy: She kicked out about a cup of cat litter all over the floor. She doesn't usually do this but this was a new catbox and it's much shorter than the normal ones we use.
Dragged out vacuum to clean it up, did the hallway and entry rug. I really have a ton of work to get the house in order. I have several items I've got to drag to goodwill or the dump. I don't know why I'm so lazy or why I am so cluttery.
I was sweating too much after that. Jon on had the heat on 72! :sweat: I will have to send him out to do errands next time I have time to clean. I need it cold and music blasting. I can't clean if those two are not part of it. :runaround:

I did read 3 chapters in a book...so slowly my concentration is coming back :ruminating:

Today is my appointment to get my insoles. I've got to figure out something for Jon to eat. He's living off ice cream and junk food again since I've not cooked in days. Uggg :paperbag:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Yeah, this stuff is nasty. Our Admin Asst is supposed to come back today; I think she's coming in because she hasn't called me to tell me otherwise. Rick is still dealing with it: the headache, the drainage. Bleah.

foxxycat foxxycat Good luck with your insoles appt! I hope they work out great for you!
  • Must scoop boxes tonight and do a quick vacuum
  • Nintendo Night since Rick is bowling early

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Yesterday went to the appointment. These are funky looking. There's a bubble in the middle. I have some boots that are wayyyy too big but the insoles don't fit in my regular boots. So i have the huge boot on and the insole for right foot. I have to wear it 1 hour a day and slowly increase by 5 to 10 min a day. They feel weird. It's kind of painful but this is supposed to help my fallen arches and realignment of the big bone in my foot.

1. Last night I read some more in my book.
2. This morning made Bees tuna slush and gave her her puffs. Which she purrs the entire time. Then get her to suck on her blankie :p and knead away.

3. Now its been 45 min wearing the insole. Got 15 minutes to go. Ouch these hurt but I know it will eventually not hurt. I'm the kind of person who feels every wrinkle and pinch in my socks. I've got over sensitive skin. Probably from the asperger's. I absolutely hate scratchy tight fabrics.

4. The truck is in th3 shop again. Rattle noise has been on and off the past month. Oil change. She just hit 250,000 miles. Ive been looking for a newer truck but prices are totally ridiculous right now. I told my mechanic I need 3 more months to last. I dont want to pay for registration for 2 vehicles or insurance. I can't decide if I want a sedan or another Big V8. The V8 is actually better on gas than the V6 trucks. Plus the engine doesn't bog down from loads like the V6 does. Plus now that we are down to one cat I wanted to somehow get involved in rescue. So many decisions. I just need more money. Oh and a job. So far we are hanging in there but no guarantee that we will be employed come March/April. Sigh :thud:

Here's the insoles
received_426574967877765.jpeg

LisaT.

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
- Went to work. Brushed off the entire car - top included! Yay for me!
- Will take Windy to get her nails cut after work. Took Theo last night. He caught ahold of one strand of material on my sweater which turned into a string of 10 inches. Goodbye new sweater.
- Will make a trip to Kinney's Drug Store later to look around and see if there's anything to buy for stocking stuffers.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I'm leaving at noon today, taking some vacation time and going out to do a bit of Christmas shopping. It's pretty much the only way I can get out to get a few things for Dear Richard.
  • Must do some banking today and stop at the grocery store before heading out to get my shopping done
  • Scoop the boxes at some point tonight
And I think that's pretty much it.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i haven't got too much to do -- most of it got done on monday through thursday this week! :yess:

i've chosen my Amazon First Reads kindle book for the month, and have kept the wood stove going.

shortly, i'll wash the dishes, and scoop the litter boxes.

after that, i'll spend some time with my budget.

then i'll likely just watch some tv -- i'm needing some 'down time'.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • Breakfast for the kids, Rick forgot to run the dishwasher last night, so I'm running it now, and sitting back here with my morning coffee. Rick will scoop when he gets up from his nap.
  • It's Sausage Day today! I'm going to visit with Rick's BIL and he and I are going to make bulk sausage this morning. That should be interesting. I helped out last year, too.
  • I think we're going out to dinner tonight. Rick mentioned last night that he thought we should do something tonight, so we'll see.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i've kept the wood stove going (was down in the low 20's F last night here...:cold: -- though, much wonderful snuggling with kitties during the night :catlove: ).

shortly, i'll wash the dishes, and scoop the litter boxes. after which, i'll attend to a bunch of little things with my budget.

then i'll watch some tv, and enjoy soaking in the warmth from the wood stove.

i hadn't posted my produce auction 'finds' lately, so i'll do that now: four 1 lb packages of ground turkey at 75 cents per, six 24 oz jars of mango-habanero pickle slices for 50 cents each, one half bushel of acorn squash at $1.25, two loaves of seeded rye bread for $1 each, one loaf of seeded rye bread at 35 cents, (the last jars the seller had) four 24 oz jars mango-habanero pickle slices for 50 cents per, four 1 lb boxes of elbow macaroni (non-GMO, too!) at 50 cents per, two half bushels acorn squash for 50 cents each (the last of the season here, and everyone had already bought, and 'put up', all they wanted), four quarts of 2% milk at 35 cents per, six (burrito size) tortillas (8 per) packages for 35 cents each, two boxes (12 meduim sized per) candy canes at 35 cents per, ten 10 oz bags Reeses peanut butter baking chips for 95 cents each, one case (of 12 loaves, par-baked) Irish Soda Bread at $2, one #10 can Contadina pizza sauce for $2, and one package (of 16) burger buns at $1.

i'll be using the ground turkey in casseroles that have stronger seasonings and other flavorful ingredients (like the ground turkey burrito casserole i make, that the meat is seasoned with taco seasoning when it's browned, and has medium salsa in it). the mango-habanero pickles are good on their own, but will also be added to peanut butter sandwiches. the acorn squash is being oven roasted, two at a time. the loaves of rye bread went for sandwiches. the elbow macaroni will be used in casseroles, as well as in making mac'n'cheese. the 2% milk is slowly being used -- and three quarts are in the freezer. the burrito size tortillas will go into burrito casseroles and enchilada lasagna batches. the candy canes will be used in making candy cane fudge, as well as candy cane brownies. the peanut butter baking chips have just arrived, so will be making plans for those -- they're stored in the freezer. the Irish Soda Bread is something that i'd never tried before. i started the bidding at 50 cents for the case, and only one other bidder was interested. it came frozen, and is 'par-baked'. i found that baking it at 350 F for 15 minutes is perfect, and am enjoying thick slices of it toasted and with margarine and golden plum jam for my breakfasts. the #10 can of pizza sauce will be used for making pizzas (once the can is opened, i'll make batch after batch of pizza until it's finished off). and i'm currently in the process of using up the burger buns, two groups of 4 buns are in the freezer right now.

edited to add: i might run the washer, too.

Last edited:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Another excellent find micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom You did great!

We did 65 pounds of sausage yesterday. He had ordered the meat, we cut it up into large hunks, took the glands and cartilage out, ground it up in my BIL's huge meat grinder, seasoned it and bagged it up into various-sized bags for gift-giving and for their use. It's wonderful stuff. Right after Christmas, we'll do it again, only this time, we'll stuff it into the casings for sweet Italian and hot Italian and some kielbasa. He had his ankle fused and is rolling around on a knee scooter. There's no way he could have done that all by himself and I like helping him. We get into a lot of good conversation when it's just he and me in the kitchen. We also bake a lot of bread together.

But I was pooped til we got home and I took a 3-hour nap. Then I worked on some online shopping last night.
  • Breakfast for the kids, working on the second of four loads of laundry, Rick will scoop when he gets up from his morning nap
  • Time to bake cookies again today. We're doing spritz cookies and Rick will man the cookie press. I'm also doing cut-out sugar cookies and sand tarts again. I found excellent recipes for both sugar cookies and for sand tarts on Pinterest; both recipes are great. I used them last year and kept them for this year. Also some faux Lofthouse cookies, another Pinterest recipe. And finally, some white chip and macadamia nut cookies.
  • A good vacuuming throughout the house, wipe the kitchen and bathroom down and then grab a shower
  • Visit with Rick's mom tonight, get home and watch Outlander, and then go to bed. Work calls tomorrow. Bleah

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
thank you, Winchester Winchester ! :D

today i've kept the wood stove going, have the bread machine making a loaf of bread, and have baked then sliced a loaf of Irish Soda Bread. i've also done some printing, and washed the dishes.

shortly, i'll scoop the litter boxes, then fold and put away the load of laundry in the dryer. i may very well roast two more acorn squash, too.

after that, i'll play some computer games, then watch some tv.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I think I'm allergic to Mondays! I'm pooped.
  • Breakfast for the kids, walked 4 miles and got ready for work
  • I have a planning commission meeting right after work tonight
  • Must grab a few groceries (but I didn't have time over the weekend to make my list, so I need to get that done today sometime)
  • Must grab our new iPads. Rick's been wanting a new iPad now for a while and, when I got an email that they were on sale, I ran down on Friday afternoon and ordered two. They came in yesterday, so I need to pick them up tonight. But they're for Christmas and we're not getting them before then! His iPad mini only has 16 GB of space; my iPad Air 2 only has 64 GB of space. The new ones have 128 GB of space, so they should see us through for a while. (Shhhhhh.....Dear Richard doesn't know about them)
  • Scoop the boxes tonight

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i've kept the wood stove going, taken out a small bag of litter box scoopings, and made a phone call.

shortly, i'll wash the dishes, and roast those two acorn squash. i'm thinking that i'll pre-measure (dry ingredients) for the batches of (Christmas -- candy cane, carob-orange, carob-raspberry, and orange cream(-sicle) fudge and (for Christmas) carob cake with mint carob chip buttercream, too. i'll also scoop the litter boxes.

after that, i'll watch something on tv. there wasn't time yesterday to play computer games or watch tv.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I want it to be Friday! Now! :sigh:
  • Got an email from Betty Crocker with some interesting-looking cookie recipes that I may have to try. I need to make a list up of what I need to get....if I do decide to make them. (You know, Betty Crocker/General Mills still has some of the best-tasting cookies around. Even with all the cookbooks and ideas out there, I still like Betty Crocker.)
  • Scoop the boxes and do a quick vacuum

Status
Not open for further replies.