Name Three Things - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
On that team, I had zero say in anything. It was the team deciding what I should be doing whether I wanted to or not :angrywoman: It was a toxic environment.

Up early because the fire alarm went off just before 6am:cringe: It was a false alarm as usual.

Grocery store soon for a few things, then BJs for cat litter, maybe supermarket for everything else I can't get at the little grocery store.

Start looking at early Cyber Monday deals. I really need a new computer. Not sure if I want a laptop or desktop:think:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i don't have much to do......finally.

i'll wash the dishes, scoop the litter boxes, and keep the wood stove going.

this afternoon, i'll bake a batch of spanish rice (with ground turkey) stuffed peppers.

and i want to look at something again in my budget.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Pooped this morning. Rick has off today for the first day of buck hunting (first day of buck is a big thing in Pennsylvania). In between rain showers, he's going to work on some outdoor decorations. We put lights on one of our large pine in the front yard yesterday afternoon; this may be the last year for that because the tree has gotten gigantic and it's difficult to get the lights on it now. He said he'll work on some lighting around the house.
  • Breakfast for the kids, walked 4 miles, got ready for work
  • Grab a few groceries tonight
  • Scoop the boxes
The living room tree is up and lit, but not decorated. Our flicker flame lights are pretty well shot and they all don't come on anymore, so I ordered new lights from Amazon; they should be here tomorrow.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The repair weenie is coming back today. No idea when though. The robo message last night said between 8am and 12 pm. But I told the guy last time to come in the afternoon. So who knows when he will show up:dunno:

I'd like to run to the supermarket now for a few things (less crowded in the morning) but I don't want the repair weenie to show up while I'm out.

Shell out money for new desktop. My current one is over 10 years old and runs on Windows Vista :eek: It's super slow and has issues with start up and recognizing the monitor and unexpectedly shutting down if I have too many graphics intense web sites open :nono:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
LTS3 LTS3 I despised Vista with a passion. Can't tell you how many times, I threatened to throw that desktop in the pool! Slow, slow, slow. And noisy. It was constantly grinding away at something. The day I got a Windows 8 desktop, I kissed it. Vista sucked little green worms.
  • Breakfast for the kids, walked 4 miles, got ready for work
  • We'll probably decorate the living room Christmas tree tonight
  • Scoop the boxes
And that's it.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Vista isn't bad. It just got really slow in the past few years. Start up take a a good 10 minutes now with the CPU grinding and humming away while the desktop screen is frozen:crash: I don't think upgrading the RAM and OS and whatnot would help. So new computer it is:agree:

Back at work. Got soaked by the wind driven rain :cringe: I have no idea how others who waited in the rain and got on the bus after me were bone dry. Fortunately I bring a change of clothes to work so I have something dry to wear while my soggy jeans hang in the bathroom to dry.

Just dealt with Staples because they sent another text message saying that my order is on it's way. As I suspected, the customer entered his / her phone number wrong by one digit. Staples corrected that and apologized for the texts.

Stop by the library after work to pick up an item, Pentatonix's new holiday CD. :evergreen::gift:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
not much to do here today. :yess:

i'll wash the dishes, scoop the litter boxes, and keep the wood stove going.

i'll slice one of the two apple pies i baked yesterday in half, wrap the halves, then freeze them. and oh boy, was that an excellent apple pie recipe! :cloud9: it's from Smitten Kitchen, so it makes sense that it's so very tasty! here's the recipe, for those who might be interested -- even more perfect apple pie i used two 10-inch diameter pie plates, and about 10 1/2 lbs of apples total, and while the apples were 'mounded' in the pan, they weren't even close to the mounding in the recipe. i used tapioca granules, instead of the tapioca starch -- and was very pleased that the apple 'juices' were used in this recipe. i foil lined my 2/3 sheet pan and laid a sheet of parchment paper over the foil/under the two pie plates -- this made for quick and easy clean-up. there was some dripping of the apple juice during baking, which seemed to be what the recipe's photos showed. i really liked the bit of ground ginger in the pie recipe. it added a little something (good) to the flavor. and that used the last of my apples from this years apple season.

i'll also pre-measure for another batch of peanut butter brownies, and make 3 liters of ginger ale.

this afternoon, i'll spend a little time on some planning.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Pepe is not doing well. She stopped eating for a day, but is eating again. I don't know, it seems that the lights are on, but nobody's home. She's drinking tons of water again. She is in renal failure and we were feeding her prescription food from Royal Canin, but she's said, "No more! If I have to eat that crap, I'm not eating! Period." We put her back on Friskies and she's eating again. But she has a kind of vacant look in her eyes. I wanted to call the vet for an emergency appt, but Rick said no. If she passes, he wants her to pass at home in peace. He doesn't want to stress her out by taking her out in the cold, and taking her to a place she hates. Ms. Pepe is 22 years old and she's lived a long and happy life with us. She adores Rick and he loves her so much; she is his little girl. Whatever those two decide will be Ok with me.

Gosh, it's cold today. The wind is whipping and the weatherweenies are calling for snow showers to total 2-3 inches; it's basically some lake-effect bands coming down. It wouldn't be bad outside, if the wind would stop. Dear Richard told me before he left for work that if I didn't promise not to walk during lunch today, he'd hide my sneakers! I promised no walking.
  • Breakfast for the kids, walked 4 miles, sorted laundry and got ready for work
  • I may run over to put gas in the Tucson during lunch today, depends on how lazy I am
  • Trash night
  • Laundry night

Last edited:

Tommy End

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
As always, my morning began the same way. The cats were fed, their litter boxes were scooped, then it’s playtime for awhile to calm them down for grooming. They all get brushed and their eyes cleaned, but with Totty being a Persian more time is spent with him. He has to be brushed several times a day and needs his eyes cleaned just as often. His wet food face is really noticeable after he eats because he’s white, so I use wipes to clean that up too.

My girlfriend wanted to decorate for Christmas today, so the outside lights were put up and decorations now adorn the shelves and counters/tables. We’re making a bet on how many things will get knocked off and broken by the Christmas rolls around. The trees (we have three) won’t go up until it’s time for our family to come to town. My family will be flying in from the Netherlands which is where I’m from. I moved to the US for work and Christmas is such a big deal for my Mom, so I want her to feel like she’s at home while she’s here visiting me in FL for the first time.

Last but not least, I went to the gym for awhile and got a good workout in. Next I trained in kickboxing for about an hour, then followed that up with an hour long of CrossFit. My job requires me to stay in great shape, so I work out around five days a week. I actually enjoy it though, so you won’t hear any complaints from me.

Now that laziness has kicked in, I’m going to grab up the first kitty I see and have some cuddle time.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester -- sending you :hugs: 's, and your Ms Pepe very gentle scritchins......

today we had a power outage for several hours, so that threw plans for today off a bit.

i spent most of that time on some planning, making good progress. scooped the litter boxes, and have kept the wood stove going.

interesting, at least to me, was that yesterday a package was delivered which contained some spices, including celery salt. i set the bottles of spices aside, but noticed through the rest of the afternoon and evening that my cats were...congregating around those bottles, and nuzzling them then rolling around on the floor near them. :think: so before bed i moved the bottles by type and over a little time, to a kitchen cabinet. it seems to have been the celery salt that had my three so interested. the sealed cover inside the lid was loose, so it was more...fragrant, than the other bottles of spices.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Thank you micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom and artiemom artiemom She refused dinner last night; I heated her food a little bit, added a bit of chicken stock, but nothing. She sniffed and turned her head. She did eat breakfast this morning, had a little peanut butter when The Beast had her pills, and some dry kibble right before I left for work. But she can't make it on one meal a day. I keep hoping it's just a bug or something, but if she doesn't come around soon, I'm going to call the vet. Rick is very worried about her, but is still adamant that she stay home. She spent the evening cuddled in Rick's lap on the couch. One day at a time, I guess.

Oh, and I found a lump on the right flank of The Beast last night. She and I were sitting on the living room floor last night and I was rubbing her (she'll let me rub her for hours). It feels more like a lipoma to me, but I'm going to call the vet to have it looked at. So either way, I need to call the vet.
  • Breakfast for the kids, walked 4 miles, and got ready for work
  • Stopped for gas on my way into work this morning (I was too lazy yesterday at lunch and it was too blasted cold and windy; I didn't feel like dealing with it)
  • Rick is bowling early tonight, so after scooping the boxes, I'll have Nintendo Night (yes, I'm still playing.....badly)

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i've washed the dishes, scooped the litter boxes, and kept the wood stove going. i've also unpacked and stored the case of printer paper that arrived this morning. and i moved that apple pie that i'd frozen back to the fridge to thaw.

this afternoon i'll continue with some planning.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Pepe seems to be coming around, but it's slow. She spent last night on Rick's lap again; he got home from bowling and she immediately climbed into his lap. She has started to eat again, not as much as she used to, but still, she's eating. We are down to the last can of Royal Canin prescription food for her and I'm not buying anymore. She hates it, she is sick to death of it and why force her to eat something she doesn't want to eat? Not going there; that's not fair to her either.

Got my annual evaluation at work yesterday. It was fine. Whew! I don't really sweat my evaluations, but it's still nice to know that my boss thinks I'm doing well. He asked me about retirement and I told him that I'm pretty sure 2019 will be my last year working. Nothing is set in stone yet, but I am thinking about it.

Wintry mix supposedly coming in this morning. Rick brought me into work and then continued on to his work.
  • Breakfast for the kids, I only walked 2 miles this morning because of coming into work early
  • Scoop the boxes tonight
  • Rick and I are going to check on a few items on the Grands' Christmas wish list tonight, hit a few stores and see what we can find. I have a feeling I'll end up on Amazon this weekend.
  • I need to write myself a note to get a few pounds of butter from the freezer and stick it in the microwave to thaw and soften. I'll be making some cookie doughs on Saturday

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I hate performance reviews :cringe: They were so stressful and anxiety inducing at the last job. I expect a completely different process now but I still worry :paranoid:

Call the vet to give an update on the cats. Nothing new health-wise since we spoke yesterday but I've noticed that if I don't give a daily update, something happens :doh: Vet is in tomorrow should I need to call with a concern. Hopefully I won't need to bring a cat in :crossfingers:

I think I'll put the snacks and stuff away in the break room. A huge delivery came yesterday and the boxes are just sitting in the break room. I'm not sure if anyone actually takes care of putting the stuff away but it's not a problem for me to do it.

Library again later to return items and pick up new ones.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I really didn't think much about evaluations this year. But I was back in the printer room, heating my oatmeal in the microwave and I saw that he was printing them out. Then I thought, "Well, crap!" But it was fine. He's pretty easy-going and as long as we don't make him look bad, he's OK with us. He's a good boss and we help him him with everything. When we talked about me retiring, he said he really didn't want to pry, but he needed to know....and I agreed. I stressed that it's not set in stone, but that we'd talk again in September or so. Honestly? I'm ready. More than ready, some days. Don't get me wrong; I do like my job, for the most part. But.....I'm pretty much ready at this point.

I just want to get up in the morning and hang out in my kitchen. So many cookie recipes; so little time.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yay! for Ms Pepe starting to 'come around'!!! :yess:

today i washed the dishes, scooped the litter boxes, and have kept the wood stove going. i also started cycling the new 50 lb bag of bread flour (put in gallon zipper bags) through the freezer.

i might continue with some planning today, but i may not as it's getting late in the afternoon now.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
She is! And bless her heart, Pepe was screaming bloody murder for breakfast around 4:00 this morning. THAT we can do without. But she's back to eating well, as long as we don't give her the prescription food. We were really worried about that girl. She's our Grand Old Dame.
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, Rick scooped the boxes before he hit the couch. I had to feed my sourdough starter, so we're having pizza tonight with the sourdough discards. I made the dough and stuck it in the fridge to rise all day.
  • :sigh: I forgot to get the butter out of the freezer, so I took it out this morning
  • We have banking to do this morning and I have a few errands I'd like to run
  • We are decorating the tree this afternoon. Then, while I'm vacuuming, Rick will go downstairs to check on the lights that he wants to put outside tomorrow.
And that's our day

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
great news!!! Winchester Winchester and sending gentle scritchins to your Ms Pepe! :redheartpump:

today i washed the dishes, scooped the litter boxes, made 3 liters of root beer :yummy: , took the trash out (before the rain starts, forecast to be heavy tonight and not quite as heavy tomorrow :sigh: ), and unpacked and stored away properly the contents of a package that arrived today. i've kept the wood stove going. and i've got the next two bags (plus a half filled gallon bag, so 3 total) of bread flour in the freezer now -- the previous two bags have been moved to the storage bin.

and i've decided how i'm going to deal with one of the stacks of firewood that's leaning at the top 2 or 3 feet -- it's 16 feet in length. i like to have a plan on how i'll handle things, before actually doing them.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i washed the dishes, scooped the litter boxes, and have kept the wood stove going low'n'slow -- it got up to 56 degrees F here today! :yess: i continued with cycling the bread flour through the freezer.

and before bed, i'll move some sliced roast chicken to the fridge to thaw.

Status
Not open for further replies.