Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
TGIF!
  • Breakfast for the kids, 3.75 miles on the treadmill, made the bed, grabbed my shower
  • Scoop boxes tonight
  • FOX on OnDemand has every season and every episode of the X-Files, going way back to Season 1. I see a major binge session coming starting tonight! I am a huge X-Files fan.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm going to brave the freezing cold and head out to the grocery store for a few things:cold: It's across the street so I don't think I'm going to freeze too badly. Supermarket will have to wait until tomorrow to give them time to restock.

I need to register for an online course. I have to pay for it myself ($400 :eek:) but supposedly I'll be reimbursed for it.

Maybe some general cleaning :think: Or just trying to keep warm with the cats.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am thinking I might go ahead and remove the Christmas tree. We were enjoying it since we are snowed in. But we had light issues all during Christmas. Some of the lights around the bottom gave us trouble early on. Now I am seeing some in the top section that are out. That $39 tree bought in 2009 is going in the trash.
I want to bake some bread, run the Shark Robot, and probably wipe up in the bathrooms. Thankfully I got the ironing caught up last night and put up all the Christmas clothing we wear during the holidays. Hubby has two sweat shirts and I have various tops, sweatshirts, jackets, etc. that I decorate myself with.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i might bake some dinner rolls today, my motivation being using the oven so making a little extra warmth in the kitchen for a while. and i have a couple phone calls to make. will also keep the wood stove going. i'll take a look at the blondies and cake/frosting recipes again, to make sure i have everything i need to make them and that i have enough butter thawed. i'll be baking on Sunday and Monday. i'll be using new 8" round cake pans, good ones that actually have straight vertical sides to them.

i've already washed the dishes, scooped the litter boxes, made 3 liters of ginger ale, and baked a couple baking sheets of shortbread cookies.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • Try to stay warm
  • Try to stay warm
  • Try to stay warm
Sorry. It's a cold morning around here and I'm cold. And it's not as cold as what some of you are dealing with. I don't know how to do it. I'm ready to turn all the thermostats up to 85 and damn the electric bill.
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, made the bed, scooped the boxes
  • Rick started cleaning out the bathroom closet yesterday; I'm going to get all my stuff that I use daily and put it in a tote. The rest of the stuff can be placed in another tote and can go to the basement for now; I told Rick that we can just start washing the same towels and sheets and keep re-using them. Closet demolition will start today. Rick's really bound and determined to get it out of there.
  • Errands this morning: banking, Target, Lowes
  • We're going to look at bathroom lighting this morning (again!)

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
  • Try to stay warm
  • Try to stay warm
  • Try to stay warm
:yeah: plus

Going to get off the puter soon and start bundling up to head out to the supermarket. It's still early so maybe the supermarket won't be too mobbed with people needing to restock on groceries.

My lone geriatric mouse needs his box cleaned later. He has his own little heating pad to keep warm with.

Kitty Mommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Fed the cats, medicated the cats
Fed the dog
Cleaned the litter boxes
Ate breakfast hmmm this always seems to be last in the morning routine

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Well, we bought the lights for the bathroom. We found vanity lights and then found a ceiling light to match. (Now, we're taking the ceiling light back that we bought last week; we didn't open the box, so it should be returned without any hassle.) I liked the ceiling light we got last week, but Rick really likes these lights, plus we were able to save almost $300 on them and I like saving money. It works. We went to a local lighting store and found them there; when Rick decided that he really liked them, I went online and saved money by buying them online. They should be here on Tuesday.
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, scooped boxes
  • Working on the first of two loads of laundry
  • While Rick attacks the bathroom closet today, I'm going to vacuum. I spent last night getting the computer room back in order, put holiday cookbooks and magazines away, dusted and cleaned mirrors and such, and I can actually see my desk again. I want to do a good vacuum in the computer room and in the bedroom; the bedroom will be cleaned out today.
  • Work on a grocery list
  • My poor nails need a good manicure; since I cut them way down (because of playing piano), I've been neglecting them.
  • Continue my X-Files binge

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
I love to spend snowy days in the kitchen. There's something about cooking and baking and watching the snow fly from the window at the sink. It doesn't matter if I'm making bread or baking cookies or even throwing together a big pot of soup or chili, I love to be in the kitchen when it's snowing. It's very relaxing to me, knowing that we're home and safe and warm.

You know, I think that if I could just stay home during snow days, I could learn to like the snow. (Other than the shoveling and plowing, that is.)
That's what I did on Thursday. I finally got around to learning to make bread and Thursday I made the sponge starter then once the steps done baked 3 sub roll sized loafs then once those were done split them in half and toast them-butter-then I also made home made tomato sauce to make French bread pizza. I loved watching the snow fly and oven cranking to keep us warm. The winds were whipping-

I think we got at least 15 inches of snow-it was light and airy so doesn't bother me in the least. If it would snow like this for rest of winter vs heavy wet sloppy snow I would be estatic-it didn't hurt my back to shovel-I just smacked the drift and snow blew away.

So between the tomatoes simmering away and bread baking-the home was nice and cozy...of course..mr picky pants was like no I don't want pizza by Friday...haha yesterday I finished baking the rest of dough-made a thin crust yummy pizza and one roll for him to make a sandwich with...he didnt' want any pizza. I ate 4 slices already-there's 4 left. I think I am going to make him some angel hair tonight and simmer the sauce with the chicken I baked...me I could eat pizza every night.

three things- baked pizza, rolls then cat stuff and swept the floor-somehow the cats have tracked in a ton of sand-can't figure out where it came from-no one is allowed in my house with shoes on.

Forgot the food I made yesterday=chicken soup at work in crock pot-finishing it today=perfecto-had a cooked chicken from the week before I need to finish eating-soup will be gone by tomorrow...Did I tell you I love plain ol chicken soup? no noodles. Just veggies broth and chicken-I forgot the crackers...

Last edited:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i washed the dishes, then baked two pans of carob chip blondies. :yummy: i've continued to keep the wood stove going. i also moved a jar of applesauce to the fridge to thaw. tonight at some point, i'll scoop the litter boxes.

tomorrow i'll be baking a cake, and frosting it. i'll be using my new 8-inch round cake pans. :banana1:

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Our day today was pretty much like it has been all week. We are snowed and iced in. Church was cancelled today so we didn't do that. I made a nice meal, barbecue, baked sweet potato, green butter beans and baked cornbread muffins. We have not been anywhere since Wednesday. We lounged around much of the day in our pajamas. I let Snoop come inside with us for awhile. My husbands allergies are not bad this time of year. We actually both went to bed and Snoop snuggled between us for along time. It was great.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
The bathroom closet is gone! There's an echo in there now when we walk around. :lol: And we are living out of totes...I had to look around for all my stuff for my shower and my hair and everything. Rick said he's going to put a half-shelf back up on the wall, so that we're (okay, I'm) not rooting around for my stuff.

Rick isn't working today, so we didn't get out of bed until 6:00, much to the cats' dismay.
  • Breakfast for the kids and grabbed my shower
  • Ordered food for The Beast and for Pepe from Chewy
  • I have a planning commission meeting this afternoon; it shouldn't take long as I just have to request a time extension for an applicant's plan, so ten minutes.....tops. I'll be going home in snow, but hopefully, not ice! They're calling for ice in southern PA today.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Boy, I just can't shake this headache; I've had it for 3 days now and I can't get rid of it. In bed and sound asleep by 9:00, but that didn't help.
  • Breakfast for the kids, Rick forgot to run the dishwasher, so I ran it on the Express cycle, general clean-up in the kitchen, went back to bed for about 15 minutes, hoping I'd feel better when I got back up
  • Scoop the boxes
  • Must go to visit with Rick's mom tonight; she's having some problems with her Nook again
  • Hoping for an early night

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Still homebound because of ice and snow. Secondary roads here kept school closed again today. I am really wanting to get out and go somewhere. Maybe later, hubby will venture out with the four wheel drive vehicle and let me go too.
Meanwhile, the Christmas decorations made it upstairs. The boxes are sitting here waiting to be repacked and put in the side storage area under the house eaves. I need to get out the regular vacuum cleaner and go over the living room at least. I haven't used it since I got the Shark Robot. Then I want to bake some bread. Have a great day everyone.

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Worked a morning shift at my PT job
Had a routine doctor's visit
Stopped at Trader Joe's and found some really interesting things (I used my gift certificate that my niece and her husband gave me).:)

Winchester Winchester , please feel better.:alright: What problem is there with nook? I love mine, but recently it says I am on another page on my other device! Don't know how this is possible!:think::dunno: :wavey:

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Played with Speedy in her cardboard box / clarify: I was not in the box:lol:

Handwash some clothing

Brush Speedy's teeth. This includes letting her lick the malt toothpaste, tickling her face so she stays put, and getting a few swipes in on her teeth.

Have an awesome day :wavey:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i'll do the few household chores early, then make a phone call. later on, i'll work on my budget for a bit, and finish my meal plans and shopping list. i'd like to watch a tv show or two, but will see if there's time for that today.

i went to the 'produce auction' a couple days ago. this time i bought: six boxes of spoon size shredded wheat cereal at 50 cents per box, four 12oz packages of bacon at $2 each, four 8 oz packages of beef cotto salami and four 12 oz packages of garlic bologna at 50 cents per, seven 1 lb bags of sourdough pretzel nuggets at 65 cents each, and 3 dozen duck eggs (a worker there with the auction company has ducks, so fresh duck eggs!) at 75 cents a dozen. there was no actual produce this time. there were several other items that i was interested in, but they went above my 'max bid'.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Wow, micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom you made a haul. I'd love some of those fresh duck eggs! Great job! (Years ago, my dad brought home quick a few ducks. We cleaned them, and my job was to get the eggs out. There were eggs in the shell, of course, and there were also eggs forming shells. Duck eggs are really good and we had eggs for quite a while, not to mention roast duck. Mom gave me a big duck as a thank you for my help. Rick is not a big duck fan, but even he ate my Duck l'Orange...and liked it! As long as my dad made sure the ducks were not alive before I came to the house, I was good. I can't kill them; I just can't. He did the hard part.)

After spending most of yesterday in bed with that blasted headache, I'm back to work this morning. Still have it (Day 5), but I feel human this morning. I did go back to bed for a while after getting breakfast for the kids and then got up again around 6:45 and grabbed a very quick shower. Now, I'm just really tired. These headaches do a number, when they last for days on end. Yesterday it was so bad, my hair hurt. I haven't been on the treadmill at all this week and that's not good either.
  • Breakfast for the kids, made the bed, grabbed a shower
  • Scoop boxes tonight
  • As much as I hate to say it, I'll be going to bed probably as soon as Rick leaves to bowl. I don't feel like doing much of anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.