Name three things - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Did only one thing today: took my Certified Food Manager class and exam! I had to be in by 7:30. It was a 9-hour class. Hardly slept last night, and was up at 5 AM. TIRED!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
We are pleased with the Biddeford electric blanket.
I'll be interested to hear how you like it long term. I was going to buy one with all of my Kohls discounts, but the reviews for that brand were awful.

Walk
Grocery store
House cleaning

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I know the reviews weren't great. But if you feel that blanket compared to the awful Sunbeam fleece-mess that we had before, well you can feel the difference. Last night, I tried it on 5 and it roasted me out around midnight. It will be interesting to see how it holds up, especially after it's been washed a couple times.

Here's an interesting link for info about electric blankets: Home - Electric Blanket Institute @lizzie is the one who told me about it. Thanks, Lizzie!
  • Breakfast for the kids, 3.5 miles on the treadmill, made the bed, grabbed my shower
  • Take books back to the library during my lunch break today
  • Vote, vote, VOTE!
  • Scoop the boxes

Last edited:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester , the highest i've ever put my heated mattress pad on is 8 -- just once. most times, i set it on 4 or 5. sometimes during the winter months, i'll turn it on at 8 or 9 just to warm the bed up shortly before getting under the covers, and then turn it down to 4 as i'm getting into bed.

today i've washed the dishes, sliced the loaf of bread machine bread i made yesterday, and scooped the litter boxes.

i completed the work with my budget yesterday, so later today i'll just watch some tv and keep the wood stove going. tonight i'll apply flea treatments on my three. i'll also take another look at the pudding pie recipe, which i plan to (finally) make on thursday (the graham cracker crust) and friday (the filling; it's got two layers -- one with flaked coconut, some melted carob/chocolate, and some cool whip; the other with the pudding. that's if my memory of the recipe is correct).

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Did only one thing today: took my Certified Food Manager class and exam! I had to be in by 7:30. It was a 9-hour class. Hardly slept last night, and was up at 5 AM. TIRED!
Congratulations! I know you did a great job! I'm sure you were pooped til you finished.

micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom , we dithered about a heated mattress pad versus the blanket, but ultimately decided on the blanket. Maybe next time, we'll try the pad! We'll have to see how long this blanket lasts. (And to be fair, the old Sunbeam blanket still works. The problem is that it was so out of shape and pulled so badly that we were a little leery of using it. The material is so thin that it didn't seem worth it.)

I took a vacation day today and Rick is taking a vacation-afternoon; he's coming home at noon. We have some things that we want to get done and there's a bath store that we want to check out; the thing is, it's only open throughout the week and it closes at 5:00, so in order to stop in, we had to take time off work.
  • Breakfast for the kids, made the bed, working on laundry this morning
  • Scoop the boxes and get the trash ready; Rick can take the can down to the road when he gets home
  • A quick vacuum about the house, nothing fancy
  • Visit the bath store this afternoon and stop in to visit Rick's mom on the way home

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wash the bed sheets I didn't get done yesterday.
Try a new recipe I found for fried apples.
Try to do a quick vacuum.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester , i think you made a great choice either way, the electric blanket or the heated mattress pad! :agree:

today i've washed the dishes, scooped the litter boxes, and have kept the wood stove going. this afternoon, i'll make the graham cracker crust, wrap it in plastic wrap, and refrigerate it.

if i find the time during the several afternoon hours today, i'll either read a bit and play some computer games, or i'll watch a tv show or two.

yesterday i watched the 1983 movie Murder in Coweta County, which was based on the 1948 murder in Georgia. it was a good movie!

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Quite honestly, so far, we are very pleased with the blanket.

We finally got around to taking that Oster oven back to Target last night; they took it back with no questions and no problems. We bought a cheap $20 toaster and let it go at that.
  • Breakfast for the kids, 3.5 miles on the treadmill, made the bed, general straightening-up a bit, grabbed my shower
  • Need to move the Christmas stuff around in the basement tonight and bring the kitchen things over to the basement door so that I can start decorating tomorrow morning
  • Must scoop
And I think that's pretty much it tonight. Rick is bowling early and I think I'll be going to bed early to watch Supernatural and then probably fall asleep. I pretty much turn into a pumpkin around 9:00 or so anymore.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i've kept the wood stove going (it's a feels like frigid 28 degrees F and snowing tonight!!!), washed the dishes, made a couple liters of ginger ale, scooped the litter boxes, and have the load of laundry dried (still in the dryer, will fold and put away this afternoon).

later today i'll finish with the laundry, then make the filling for and finish making the pudding pie. :yummy: i'll wash the dishes from the pudding pie filling making too. i'll probably watch a tv show after that.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
It's a cold morning here, too. Rick said the temperature has dropped just between the time he took The Beast out for her first pee and then a few minutes ago, her second pee before he left for work. He said it was 34 F and that's our high for the day. It's going to be really cold today and tonight, well below freezing. Right now, it's snowing lightly and the wind is blowing around the house. I'm glad I don't have to work today and am wearing sweats and heavy socks.
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, 3 miles on the treadmill, made the bed
  • Will start decorating the kitchen today; that will probably take most of the day
  • Vacuum and dust

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Laundry, grocery store for more Jonagold apples, a shallot, and garlic, then the chain supermarket for the rest of the groceries I need.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
no ambition like you guys.. honeybee's meds tonight, fix something to eat, and watch tv. cold out. wind chill 16. air temp around 32. windy blustery. Jon's got the furnace cranking. I am sure the house will be toasty warm tonight. Good thing I kept out all my summer tanks and shorts..while he's under 3 blankets I am running around like a sweating pig..I would gladly give my body heat to you girls-it really is a drag. Especially in the summer. I absolutely wilt like a flower anything over 75. 85 forget it. My brain shuts down and I get chest pains...hate it.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
well, finishing making the pudding pie is on hold. yesterday i went to melt some carob chips in the microwave, and the circuit breaker blew. the fridge was cycling on when i started the microwave, so i'm thinking that may have overloaded it. but on the other hand, that's absolutely never happened before. i did do what i knew to try, flip the circuit break off and then back on, and i also flipped the whole house switch off and then back on. both the kitchen fridge and the microwave aren't running, so i called the home trust warranty for service. :sigh: that was around mid-afternoon yesterday. around 1am this morning, i moved the perishable foods from the kitchen fridge to a very large storage bin with lid, then moved that to the unheated enclosed porch (probably the only good thing about winter, that you can keep things cold simply by putting them outdoors/in an unheated porch, when something like this happens). i'll need to bring it back in every few hours (so things don't freeze solid -- it's to be a low of 22 degrees F tonight and for two more nights), for about 15 minutes, and then back out into 'icelandia' it goes. i'm hoping the home trust warranty gets someone out here this weekend, they did put it under 'expedited' so i have some hope there.

if no one has come and got that fixed by the wee hours of sunday morning, i'll go ahead and move the contents of the kitchen fridge's freezer to the upright freezer.

today i washed the dishes and scooped the litter boxes, and have kept the wood stove going.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom , oh no! I hope they get there quickly for you! If it had to happen, though, this is a good time of the year for it to happen since you have that unheated porch and it's really cold outside. I hope everything works out OK. Good luck! :hugs: (This is when I really wish some of us lived closer together because we could share things like fridge and freezer space.)
  • Breakfast for the kids, made the bed, emptied the dishwasher and am sitting back here with my coffee. Rick will scoop boxes when he gets back up from his nap.
  • Make my pumpkin crescent rolls for Thanksgiving and throw them into the freezer.
  • Rick is going to bring out a few Christmas boxes from the closet in our bedroom....things that we don't keep in the basement. I'll finish the kitchen decorating today while he's watching PennState football this afternoon. And while he's watching football, he's also going to start looking at the strings of lights to check on and replace burned-out bulbs (I'm sure there will be some muttering going on, between how PennState plays and how the light checks go).
  • I'd really like to do some shopping tonight, but we'll see how things go. A lot depends on who's playing football tonight.....I am a football widow. I do enjoy looking at Christmas decorations in the stores.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
thank you, Winchester Winchester ! i hope they get here quickly too.

today i moved everything from the kitchen fridge freezer to the upright freezers, and moved the kitchen refrigerated stuff to the spare fridge (it's over 20 years old, but still running, and i'm very grateful to have it right now). i washed the dishes, and scooped the litter boxes. i've kept the wood stove going too.

this afternoon, i'll finish making the pudding pie -- the filling part. i'll melt the carob chips using the stove. i'll slice the loaf of bread machine bread i made yesterday too.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom , do you have your fridge back yet?? I take it that you don't. That's terrible...you would think that would be considered an emergency!
  • Breakfast for the kids, stripped the bed, emptied the dishwasher, 4 miles on the treadmill (and oh, they were such good miles! I know, it sounds silly, but I really enjoyed my walk/jog this morning!), Rick will scoop when he gets up from his nap. He was thinking of going to church because of the budget meeting afterward, but I don't think that's going to happen.
  • Working on the third of four loads of laundry (I need to do a load of cat stuff, too)
  • My pumpkin crescent rolls turned out beautifully yesterday; Rick ate a couple, but I managed to get the rest of them into the freezer. I think I'm going to use the rest of the pumpkin to make a pan of pumpkin bars this afternoon; they are delicious bars with an orange-cream cheese frosting. I can eat them because the orange flavor cuts down on the tang of the cream cheese. I'll take a bunch into work tomorrow and they'll go fast. They're pretty popular at work.
  • I cut my nails way back because of my piano playing, but they still need some polish, so I'll give them a manicure and then watch Outlander before bed.
It's been a good weekend.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
When I got home from work-there was about an hour of light still left-
1-hefted the bagged up clothes for the thrift store into back of truck
2-rearranged books in hallway into truck for book store
3-getting rid of various things I thought I would keep-a weight bar with 55lbs I don't like the handle so gonna give it to salvation army when I get rid of the clothes on Wednesday.
4-put stuff in the shed from our august vaca-I had the stuff in back of truck-kayak stuff etc. Took out the ice chipper I bought at a yard sale-we use it at the end of driveway.
5-washed jacket I bought at salvation army-ruined it-the feathers all came out-I only like feather down for 20°F and colder. So Looks I need to buy a new coat but the sites I want to buy from don't have my size or long jacket-it has to cover my butt. The wind is whipping around here at work and it's a long walk to the door. The wonders of being so close to the ocean-wintertime is COLD and whipping.
6-cooked another container of noodles for my lunches

Watched a silly movie. 40 Year old virgin-so funny to watch-it was on IFC independent film channel-and they don't cut out sections of movies. Jon and I laughed ourselves silly.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester , no, the circuit breaker (that covers the fridge and microwave only) has not been fixed/replaced yet. i'll call the home trust warranty to check on the status this morning when they open.

in these kind of situations, i find myself thinking of the things i'm grateful for -- like that i have two upright freezers and a spare fridge! so i haven't had a single thing go bad from the kitchen fridge or it's freezer. oh, it's quite inconvenient to be sure.

today i have kept the wood stove going, washed the dishes, and scooped the litter boxes. later this morning i'll make a few phone calls. i'll also make two liters of soda. after that, i'll just keep the wood stove going, and watch some tv shows or a movie.

dahli6

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
There is an empty room in my house that needs cleaned and repurposed.
I will definitely play minecraft for an hour or more.
Of course I will have to cook dinner, I need comfort food so it will be easy and probably awful for me.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We are pleased with the Biddeford electric blanket. It seems to be a heavier material and the knit seems to hold its shape much better than the fleecy material on that Sunbeam blanket. It has dual controls and each control has its own plug-in to the foot of the blanket and then plugs in separately to the wall recep. Ten heat settings and, at 6, I turned it off sometime during the night because I was roasting. Muffin was under the blanket, wrapped up in my arms and I think she purred all night. Ms. Pepe and Tabby came to bed and immediately ducked under the blanket; I heard them purring, too. And you can always tell when a cat is warm; instead of being curled up in a ball, she starts to stretch....and that's what Pepe and Tabby both did. I'm thinking they were pleased, too. Mollipop does not like being under the covers and she does not like being too warm. She started out between Rick and me, but eventually went up to my pillow and sacked out there for the rest of the night. Miss Amber was under the covers, cuddled up next to Rick. I think the cats have given the blanket their Purr of Approval!
  • Breakfast for the kids, 3.5 miles on the treadmill, made the bed, grabbed my shower
  • Had to mail some stuff off on my way into work this morning
  • Groceries and Target (I think we are returning the Oster toaster oven)
  • Must scoop boxes tonight
What happened to the toaster oven?

Status
Not open for further replies.