Name three things - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks for asking about them, micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom . Evelyn is starting to feel better. Her legs are swelling now, but the doctor isn't too worried about them; he says the swelling is not caused by heart issues. There was an employee there who kept forgetting to give patients their meds; she would tell Evelyn "I'll be back in a few minutes with your meds" and then not come back for several hours. After several of the patients complained (some patients are on meds that must be given at such-and-such a time), they finally terminated the employee. We'll be going up tonight to see how she's doing. We try to get up every weekend. When she was at the assisted living facility, I could walk over during lunch to visit with her for a few minutes; she's too far away now and I can't even drive up and back and visit within my lunch hour.

Amber finally started eating last night. Rick and I were seriously considering trying to get her back to the vet for fluids; we were that worried about her. Even with the pain and antibiotic shots, she wasn't eating. I told her yesterday morning that if she didn't start eating she was going back to the vet and this time, she'd have to stay....she wasn't giving us any choice. I swear she understands when we talk to her. She came out when Rick gave them supper yesterday. And then when Rick got his snack last night, she came out and start muttering to Rick; that's her sign that she wants something. He gave her a little kibble soaked with warm beef broth and she ate all of it. She ate breakfast this morning, not a lot, but enough that we felt better about her. Hopefully, she'll continue to eat until the end of the month when she goes in for her dental. Thank you.
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, made the bed (Rick will scoop when he gets up from his nap)
  • Banking, Target
  • Must go over to my sister's to take care of their cats this morning and then again tonight
  • I may have to mow the lawn this afternoon; we're haven't decided yet. It's gotten shaggy, but not real tall. And I need to pick up walnuts.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Some of my family is coming over tomorrow to watch football, so I'm getting to be doing some prep for that.

- pulled pork is in the instant pot right now
- make a White Russian cake
- cook sausage for baked ziti.

I've also got to straighten the house, etc.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Gosh, our yard is still saturated from rain earlier this past week. There was no way I could mow yesterday. The sun didn't come to dry anything out; it was a really gloomy day. Rick cleared out the back flowerbed and I worked in the house with vacuuming, dusting, wiping, etc.
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, 2 miles on the treadmill, stripped the bed (Rick will scoop when he gets up from his nap) I'm debating flannel sheets today.
  • Working on the second of four loads of laundry
  • Must go to my sister's to take care of the cats (and hold Harley for about an hour :hearthrob:. That boy is getting huge!)
  • Mow this afternoon, if the sun comes out to dry the grass off
  • Manicure tonight

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Not much of anything today. Had a busy day yesterday..
Today: Church
Artie Meds, and brushing.. I did not feel like playing with him..too tired
breakfast
read part of the newspaper
washed 2 loads of colored clothes and hung shirts inside, on rack
Took my huge chair from the balcony and put in dumpster--plastic seat cracked
Took a planter and some watering jugs out to dumpster
dozed on top of the bed for a short time~ Artie woke me up. He knew he needed his medicine (sub-q's)... such a smart cat.

They are going to be doing work on the balcony, soon... so everything has to go..
I should dump the mat, and put the broom in the closet, and do something with the electric grill I was given, yet never used.. almost dumped it today;
but lazy now..
Asthma and allergies are bugging me today..
took a quick nap..

Yesterday:
Artie meds, brushing, playing
Swiffered the floors,
Swiffered the walls in all rooms
re-organized the linen closet.. a bagful of stuff for the church's flea market.
Went to store room, loaded car with a lot of stuff for the flea market, and some old tax stuff to shred, at home.
Took some Fall decorations home
I went to confession
Picked up a roast beef sandwich for supper

I was achey and exhausted last night... a friend called me at 8:30pm. We talked for a while.. I finally went to bed, thinking I would sleep, but I was up for a while...

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
not much today! i've been doing some (extensive) maintenance stuff on my computer for the last three days, then dealing with some quite troublesome software which seems to be running smoothly for now (finally!!).

i do need to cook some pasta (i'm thinking penne), then add the spaghetti sauce and meatballs to it, and into a container and in the fridge it goes. will heat up servings in the microwave.

i have a few phone calls to make too.

after that i plan on watching some tv shows or a movie this afternoon -- i'm just too tired to read.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
We did manage to get the yard mowed yesterday. By 2:00, the sun was out and it was warm, but windy. I ran around on the riding mower and Rick trimmed with the push mower. And then we raked up and got rid of some walnut tree leaves (our walnut tree is the first to lose its leaves in the fall and the last tree to get its leaves in the spring).
  • Breakfast for the kids, 3 miles on the treadmill, made the bed, grabbed my shower
  • Grocery night tonight
  • Scoop the boxes because I didn't have time to scoop this morning

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Winchester Winchester Are they black walnuts? What do you make with them. AbbysMom AbbysMom Tell us more about the White Russian Cake. I used to belong to a coffee club and would get White Russian coffee. I don't know where to find that anymore.

Today, I have to do some paperwork and filing in the office. I have laundry to do, sheet changing, etc.
Then I want to do some baking for our Fall Festival at church later this week. I got told at church yesterday they are expecting my pecan pies for the Cake Walk. I also have a recipe for Strawberry Pound Cake which I haven't made in a long time. I am going to try making it with a gluten free cake mix and see how that works. Fingers crossed everybody. :yummy:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Winchester Winchester Are they black walnuts? What do you make with them. I got told at church yesterday they are expecting my pecan pies for the Cake Walk. I also have a recipe for Strawberry Pound Cake which I haven't made in a long time. I am going to try making it with a gluten free cake mix and see how that works. Fingers crossed everybody. :yummy:
They are black walnuts and the only thing we do with them is throw them away. I've offered them to people if they just come and get them, but nobody seems interested in preparing walnuts anymore. And I hate the things; I won't eat anything that has black walnuts in it.

We planted the blasted tree because my dad dearly loved black walnuts and he would spend weeks preparing the walnut meats. I always helped him go pick them up and then husk and then shell them. But I wouldn't eat them. We were hoping the tree would produce while Dad was still able to use them, but that didn't happen. This year, it produced tons of walnuts; it never had that many before, ever.

Looks like you have some serious baking to do! Enjoy!

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester , i'm so glad that your MIL is starting to feel better now! and that your Amber is eating better too! sending :vibes::vibes::vibes: that she continues to eat until her dental later this month.

i cooked the pasta just after midnight, washed the dishes, and scooped the litter boxes. making the pasta was delayed, because i was encrypting my hard drive yesterday afternoon.

i'll do some research online, and later today i'll likely watch some tv shows or a movie. i'd like to read for a while too. oh, and i'll grab some dessert or another out of the freezer and put it in the fridge to thaw.

Last edited:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Thanks micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom We were getting quite worried about her. This morning, she did everything but lick her plate clean. And she's been coming out when I'm in the kitchen to ask for snacks. I'm giving her all she'll eat....as long as she doesn't bring it back up, she's welcome to anything (she's a puker, so we do have to be careful with her). She was Amber-on-the-spot this morning, pacing around waiting for her breakfast. :hearthrob:
  • Breakfast for the kids, 3 miles on the treadmill, some straightening-up in the kitchen
  • I may run over to the gas station during lunch today to put gas into Clarence.
  • I'll scoop the boxes tonight

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Things I really should do today, but who knows if I will get to them -

- pay bills
- go to the grocery store
- laundry

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester , i'm so glad to hear that your girl is having such a good appetite now! :cloud9:

today i'll wait to hear from the repair guy, to schedule. other than that, i'll read for a while and then may watch a tv show or movie.

yesterday i watched a movie, Into the Storm (i'd already watched The Gathering Storm, about the pre-war years), which was about Winston Churchill during WWII, as well as a short documentary type movie about Operation Foxley -- an operation that was ultimately not undertaken, the goal of which was to 'take out' (assassinate) Hitler.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Thanks! She's making up for lost time. Rick said that last night when he went to the kitchen for a bowl of ice cream, she followed him out and started yelling for kibble. So he gave everybody a snack....because you can't just feed one cat; that's akin to feline blasphemy! She promptly downed her kibble and wanted more. And ate that, too. I'd say she's going to be fine.....now, if we can get her down to the vet for her dental, things will be great. :rolleyes2:
  • Breakfast for the kids, 3 miles on the treadmill, made the bed, sorted laundry, grabbed my shower
  • Laundry night
  • Trash night
  • A quick vacuum about the living room

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • Breakfast for the kids, 3 miles on the treadmill, made the bed, grabbed my shower
I don't have a thing planned for my night tonight. Rick is bowling early and I'm going to bed with my iPad and the girls when he leaves. I'm hoping I can stay awake long enough to watch Supernatural tonight.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am going to iron the few pieces I have first thing. I am trying not to let that job grow. :lol:
Then I am going to make a gluten free dessert for our fall festival at church. I already make the pecan pies for the cake walk. Later today, I have an appointment for a hair trim, wash and style.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • Walk to the library today at lunch (I hope I make it over and back in one piece; it's my first walk over there in months!)
  • Hair appt tonight
  • Scoop boxes tonight

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This morning I am doing some baking for our Harvest Festival at church. Our son is coming after lunch so I will just sit awhile and visit with him. Later I will cook up a big pot of chili for our crock pot meals at the Harvest Festival.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Waiting for the HVAC person to come. The appointment is for 8:30 and it's now just a few minutes past and no one has shown up yet. No phone call either. I'll wait a bit longer in case traffic is the issue before I call the company and check to make sure that a person is on his / her way.

After HVAC service, I need to start the laundry and go to the supermarket and put everything I took out of my closet (where the HVAC stuff is) back in.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
- the credit union is having a special today from 3-6 on long-term certificates for 1.89%. We'll be going to open one.
- laundry
- general straightening

Status
Not open for further replies.