Name three things - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Winchester Winchester -- may i ask if you'd share your apple dumplings recipe? i plan on buying some apples this fall, and would love to make some. i'm thinking to freeze them, then thaw and bake...?
Please check your Conversations. I sent you my recipe for apple dumplings and some notes on how I make them. If you have any questions, please let me know!

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I didn't get nearly enough stuff done in the basement as I had wanted to. But I did visit with Rick's mother yesterday afternoon. I tried to start the riding mower, but couldn't get it to turn over; we've been having trouble with it and I don't know if it's a connection that's not right or if the battery needs a good charge, probably a bit of both. And I'm not push-mowing the whole yard; it can wait until Rick gets home. Last night, I made the dough for Garlic-Parmesan rolls and stuck it in the fridge to rise overnight.
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, cleaned a hairball in the living room, and stripped the bed
  • 3 small loads of laundry
  • Scoop the boxes
  • Bake the Garlic-Parm rolls
  • Make a pot of pasta sauce and a pot of split pea soup for the freezer (Gosh I can't believe Rick will start bowling in a week or so....this year, they're all early matches because they have just enough teams that no team has to bowl late.)
  • Do the hair mask thing and a manicure
I still haven't decided if I'm going back to work tomorrow or if I'm going to take off for the eclipse. I really don't want to go back to work, but will probably head in in the morning. My vacation days have flown by.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
grocery store last night
cooked that pasta salad I saw on Facebook-came out so so. called for honey, mustard, lemon and oil. was weird. so I dumped Italian dressing in it-tastes better but strange.
Cooked up the ground hamburger with onion/pepper and bowl of yellow mex rice since Jon doesn't like noodles.
washed the dishes.
Charged up my blue tooth speaker and played it - nice having music when I cook.
Cranked AC. Muggy yucky.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
church,
Bakery for a couple of rolls--perhaps ham and cheese sandwich for supper..
also got a couple of half moons--in honor of tomorrows eclipse!
Breakfast for me and Artie
Artie Meds
Artie sub-q
Quick Vacuum
read newspapers
listening to newly discovered, old, CD's

relaxing rest of day....

had the windows open earlier, but while I was brushing Artie, by the window, It was just too hot. I put the AC on.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom will you please take pictures? I'd love to see it when it's finished!
yes!! i've taken some pics already, and will take more as i move through the rest of the project. it's the biggest project i've ever done, so i sure hope it turns out looking good. it did look really good when i had it all installed prior to taking it down to stain. now i'm waiting for it to rain, followed by the weather becoming reasonable to do staining. the polyshades can 'blush' sometimes, if it's too hot and humid. so i'm wanting to avoid that. it's really just applying the pre-conditioner and 2-3 coats of the polyshades, then allowing it to dry -- between coats and after the final coat. after that i'll re-install it, then let it dry even more -- maybe another week or so. then i'll install the cat wall furniture.

i actually 'outgrew' my old power drill. it was 11+ years old, and it's battery wasn't holding charge well anyway. so i had to buy a new power drill, this one has a cord. the new drill is most excellent!

today i've got the dishes washed, litter boxes scooped, and got some green beans in the leftover pickle liquid -- will leave it in the fridge for a few weeks before enjoying pickled green beans. i also did some planning.

later this morning i'll get a loaf of bread making in the bread machine.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Back to work....those days off went by way too quickly. My worst night of sleeping was last night, probably because I decided to come into work this morning. All those other nights, I pretty much slept like a log. Last night, I was still watching The Golden Girls at 1:00 this morning. Figures. And then Molli and Muffin went at it at 4:30, hissing and spitting in the bedroom, followed by Amber muttering about breakfast. At 5:00, I got out of bed and the day started.
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, made the bed, scooped the boxes, grabbed my shower
  • Dropped books off at the library on my way into work this morning
  • Make a doctor appt
  • Work on grocery list and coupons
Rick is expecting to be home late tonight. He has off work tomorrow.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
you guys would be so proud of me.
Last night-ticked off because dryer takes 2 hours to dry-so I went outside and full of lint at exit-so I was set up to crawl under the trailer to pull down the tubing and clean it out-it's also under the deck. I ran the dryer for 5 min and no air flow outside. So told Jon I am waiting to cool off then I will climb under the deck and house-in the meantime I emptied one closet of clothes from like 5+ years ago-none fit me-so ALL gone except for 2 sweaters my size and a dress jon bought me-I just couldn't get rid of it. and my dazzle dress from EXPRESS...someday.

Anyways while I was doing that Jon suited up in the tyvek suit I was in-and he took care of it=got the handtools and unscrewed it from the floor and cleaned it out. I suspect this was the reason it wasn't working correctly. We did get rid of the flex hose it came with and make a smaller shorter hard metal shell into the trap in the floor that makes a 90 degree bend outside- so two things done.

Dryer now works
Clothes are in truck to take to thrift store.
scooped smelly boxes=what they ate is beyond me-that will be Tuesdays' project.
Tomorrow night I will tackle my walk in closet-too many clothes---most of stuff is when I was half the size I am now-so going to purge those clothes so I can hang up the clothes I have right now.
So that was an interesting night. watched a movie on lifetime last night but passed out by 8:30. I worked long days Thur/Fri and didn't sleep well weekend..so I needed to catch up on sleep.
oh and boxed up books I don't want while dumping clothes. total of 4 bags I filled. one bag of trash too-just stuff I decided to throw away.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
you guys would be so proud of me.
Last night-ticked off because dryer takes 2 hours to dry-so I went outside and full of lint at exit-so I was set up to crawl under the trailer to pull down the tubing and clean it out-it's also under the deck. I ran the dryer for 5 min and no air flow outside. So told Jon I am waiting to cool off then I will climb under the deck and house-in the meantime I emptied one closet of clothes from like 5+ years ago-none fit me-so ALL gone except for 2 sweaters my size and a dress jon bought me-I just couldn't get rid of it. and my dazzle dress from EXPRESS...someday.

Anyways while I was doing that Jon suited up in the tyvek suit I was in-and he took care of it=got the handtools and unscrewed it from the floor and cleaned it out. I suspect this was the reason it wasn't working correctly. We did get rid of the flex hose it came with and make a smaller shorter hard metal shell into the trap in the floor that makes a 90 degree bend outside- so two things done.

Dryer now works
Clothes are in truck to take to thrift store.
scooped smelly boxes=what they ate is beyond me-that will be Tuesdays' project.
Tomorrow night I will tackle my walk in closet-too many clothes---most of stuff is when I was half the size I am now-so going to purge those clothes so I can hang up the clothes I have right now.
So that was an interesting night. watched a movie on lifetime last night but passed out by 8:30. I worked long days Thur/Fri and didn't sleep well weekend..so I needed to catch up on sleep.
oh and boxed up books I don't want while dumping clothes. total of 4 bags I filled. one bag of trash too-just stuff I decided to throw away.

Great work!! I am proud of you!! You had so much energy.. and good for Jon for tackling the chores!!!!

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Wow foxxycat foxxycat ! You go woman! Excellent job! And kudos to Jon, too!

Rick got home around 1:30 or so. For the first time ever, I never heard him come home. I'm serious, he came home, grabbed a quick bite, came back to the bedroom and went to bed. I never heard any of it. I woke up around 4:00 and noticed a warm body next to me. Turned off the tv and dropped back off to sleep. I can't believe I never awakened when he came home.
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, grabbed my shower (Rick is going to have to dog-proof the house before he brings The Beast back home from the kennel and he also needs to scoop boxes; they're not bad as I did them last night.)
  • Groceries tonight (my list is minimal; I didn't go last night because I didn't bother to cash my pay check or do any banking), must run to Target to pick up new meds.
And I think that's pretty much it.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i washed the dishes, scooped the litter boxes, and did some research for an on-going project. this evening i'll run the washing machine, then the dryer, and will fold/put away the dryer load tomorrow morning.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, grabbed my shower
  • Must grab some batteries during my lunch
  • Trash night
  • Rick mowed the front yard yesterday and did the laundry; I will mow the back yard tonight

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, made the bed, grabbed my shower
  • Didn't get the back yard mowed as my headache went into overdrive yesterday; made dinner and went to bed. I need to get it mowed tonight.
  • Scoop boxes

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
last night tackled my walk in closet-pulled out ALL clothes and ditched stuff I don't wear and rearranged. 5 bags to thrift store. Now to get the books priced and gone.
Scooped boxes this morning
showered.

tonight is a relaxing night I think.
Read a book.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, made the bed, scooped boxes, grabbed my shower
That might be pretty much it. Rick said he doesn't want to do much tonight, so it may be a relaxing night. I may take my iPad to bed for a early night.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i'll start the staining process, for my feature wall project. while the stain is drying, i'll move firewood.

i'll also wash the dishes, scoop the litter boxes, slice the loaf of bread machine bread that's currently making, and check the mail.

and, for those who might be interested......a preview of my feature wall project -- it's not completed yet, but should give an idea of what i'm doing and how it'll look in the living room......

SUNP0001.JPG
SUNP0004.JPG

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
That is going to look great! I can't wait to see it finished. Good job! Thanks for the pictures.
  • Breakfast for the kids, running the dishwasher now (Rick forgot last night)
  • We haven't done any banking for about three weeks now, so we have paychecks to cash and banking to do this morning.
  • Take the recycling down to the center
  • I really need to get off my butt and get the mowing finished (I can probably mow the front again now, too)
  • While I'm outside, Rick is going to put our new Roman shade up at the kitchen window (it only took us about three years to get one)

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
muffy muffy and Winchester Winchester -- thank you!

i did the first coat of the minwax polyshades yesterday (i also pre-conditioned prior to the polyshades). all planks look great except the first one -- i applied the polyshades too thick on that one. :sigh: so, i'll need to strip off the polyshades on that plank and re-do it. it's just the top, not the sides, of the plank that was too thick. but......i did locate a 'fix' for that, which i'm going to try. the fix is to simply apply more polyshades and allow it to soak in for a few minutes, which redissolves the oil-based stain/polyshades......and then wipe it off. that will get the excess off, that hadn't penetrated into the wood. then re-stain the plank, or possibly simply add a second light coat -- along with the rest of the planks.

i'd worked with polyshades once before, though only on one small shelf. working with it this time, i've become much more familiar with using it and by the time the final (17th) plank was done yesterday, i was confident in what i was doing.

well, today will depend. i've had two nights of frequent leg/foot cramps :frown: , so i may not be up to doing more staining today. i'd really like to get that one plank fixed, and a second coat applied to them all though.

so, if i'm not staining again today, then i'll have a relatively quiet day indoors working on some budgeting and planning, and working on the list for the upcoming grocery shopping.

i'll also wash the dishes, scoop the litter boxes, and take out the trash.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Yesterday, I actually managed to get everything finished. We also ran up to a Kitchen/Bath store to talk to a bath designer. He is coming down next week to do measurements, talk to us in more detail about what we want, etc. And I also ran into a kitchen store to pick up a smaller wooden pizza peel to use in the outdoor pizza oven. The yard looks nice and before I mowed around the walnut tree, I walked around and picked up another ton of walnuts. I was also able to rip through the house with the vacuum and swiffer late in the afternoon and also cleaned the bathroom. (Rick didn't get the kitchen shade put in; there's a surprise....he works at Rick-time, which is different than any other time in the world.)
  • Breakfast for the kids, stripped the bed and put fresh sheets down, emptied the dishwasher. (Rick will scoop when he gets up from his nap. He said he wants to do some branch-burning sometime this afternoon.)
  • Working on four loads of laundry.
  • Whatever I feel like doing this afternoon; there are plants that need to be deadheading and some weeding to do in the front flowerbed.
  • Hair mask and manicure tonight (Work calls for me tomorrow; Rick has the Monday off)

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A nice lazy day :) I am going to browse through all the local weekly ads online. So far nothing good at Target that I need. Then a trip across the street to the market for veggies, maybe fresh picked corn or something. Then maybe a walk later with the end pieces of bread I've been saving in the freezer to feed the ducks and geese with. I might have to go closer to the square to find any ducks and geese :think: I need to complete an online work training since I won't have any time to do that this week at work :frustrated:

Status
Not open for further replies.