Name three things - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Nice and sunny here this morning. Looks like a nice day shaping up. I'll take it.

This morning, when Rick's cell phone alarm rang, we lay there for a couple minutes. Rick said, "I understand why people retire." I could be wrong, but I'm thinking that day is coming soon for him. He is going to start collecting SS in June. I wish he would retire; he's worked a long time and I'd like to see him relax for a while. (I keep thinking of our friends; he waited so long to retire because his wife kept wanting him to work to buy this, to buy that, to do this, to do that. He was finally able to retire last year and now he has Alzheimer's. It's heartbreaking. He was one of the hardest-working men I've ever known and now that he can finally retire and enjoy some of his life, he can't remember sometimes how to find his way up the steps from the basement to the kitchen. Honestly, I would be fine if Rick retired today. I wish he would.)

So anyway....
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, scooped the boxes, took the recycling to the basement, made the bed, some general clean-up, etc.
  • I have to go out to the garage during lunch today and pay the guy for picking up Clarence at the house the other week. He finally called me yesterday and told me how much I owe and I want to get him paid. He told me not to worry about it, that whenever was good enough, but I want to get it done. I hate owing people money.
  • Planning Commission meeting tonight. We have two plans to review and both of them have some problems, so it's going to be a long one.
  • Go home and crash. I'm getting to the point where I don't even turn the computer on anymore when I get home from work.
It sounds like he won't need a lot of convincing at this point. Tell him how you feel. He might just need a little nudge.

I love that picture of Molli. She's such a pretty girl. Do you remember what site you used to make that?

Today's empty the dishwasher day. Tomorrow's trash day so get all recycling and trash out. Scooping the boxes too. All the fun stuff. :lol:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
He wants to continue to work until we have the bathroom finished. It's him, not me. He knows that I don't have a problem with him retiring.

I'm glad you like the banner! I used Paint Shop Pro to make it. It's from way back before when we were allowed to have banners in our signatures. I have a ton of PSP stuff to play with, but a lot of won't play nice with Windows 10 anymore. When I had Windows XP, everything played well together, but those days are gone.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
(I keep thinking of our friends; he waited so long to retire because his wife kept wanting him to work to buy this, to buy that, to do this, to do that. He was finally able to retire last year and now he has Alzheimer's.
Not long after my father retired he had a stroke. :( He did come back about 80% but after a few years the dementia started kicking in.

Let's see what do I need to do today?

- go for a walk
- get trash and recyclables together for tomorrow's pickup
- some things out in the yard.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i'll do a load of laundry, make a loaf of bread machine bread, make some ranch salad dressing, wash the dishes, scoop the litter boxes, and work on my budget.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Not long after my father retired he had a stroke. :( He did come back about 80% but after a few years the dementia started kicking in.
Karen, I'm sorry about your dad. Rick is going to be 67 next month and overall, he's in pretty good shape and health. But you just never know. And maybe I'm just worrying over nothing. God knows I do enough of that.

Awakened with a headache; I told Rick that so far in April, I've had more days with a bad headache than without one. Way too much stuff going on around here.
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, scooped the boxes, made the bed, general straightening-up about the house, separated laundry into piles on the hallway floor
  • Trash night
  • Laundry night
  • Since I'm going to be up later tonight anyway to finish laundry, I think I'm going to make split pea soup for the freezer tonight; I kept the ham bone and some extra ham specifically for the soup.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Got stuff done yesterday
Changed out the complete catbox=threw it in trash-got new one-Pumps wouldn't use it right away=she wanted her old catbox..sorry kid it's been hanging around for 5 years=time for a new one.
New litter in it.
Vacuum hallway and living room and dining room
cooked up the hamburg-got Jon to slice onions for me.
Didn't sit down until 8. Didn't fall asleep until 11. Up at 4am.

I am so glad Jon retired. 2014. Please tell Rick to not wait. because what if the company decides to change terms. Like they did to our salary people. They got pension frozen and yesterday announced no severance package incase of layoff. So don't wait! Jon loves it being Saturday everyday!

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
So far, I have done:
*1/2 of Arties Meds... Pred and Sub-q's to go
*Did regular morning stuff.
*Swiffered the kitchen, entry way, bathroom, and great room.
*Took out the Steamer and Steamed clean while vacuum option was on to the kitchen, entry way, bathroom, and great room.
*Steam cleaned the great room again, without the vacuum option.

Taking a break right now. Some water and cashews.
Have to get up and:

*put things back to normal
*Give Artie his Pred
*shower
*Give Artie his sub-Q's
*soak the mop heads in bleach, along with the socks I wore yesterday and this morning. I stepped in some poop yesterday...
and then
*wash them in hot water, along with the carrier towel from yesterday..

Have no idea what is for supper.. leftovers are all gone, need some salad stuff...
Need to get some groceries also... another day... perhaps Friday...or late tomorrow... funeral tomorrow to attend tomorrow.

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
  1. So cold this morning on my 5 minute walk to Rosary Prayer. Of course - I just put away winter clothes. :(
  2. Just put some heat on in master bedroom. I see no warm days soon in the forecast.
  3. Husband says a lot of slate needs to be replaced on our roof that has fallen down. Says do it soon before leaks appear.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Rain and t-storms coming in late evening tonight....I was going to wash the car today at lunch until I saw the weather forecast. I turned the electric blanket on the bed last night as it was chilly and damp. As soon as the girls realized the blanket was turned on, they came back and sacked out.

Managed to get several quarts of split pea soup from our ham bone and the leftover ham. I had just enough in the fridge for the soup; I had already put some ham in the freezer on Sunday.
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, scooped the boxes, made the bed, grabbed my shower
  • A quick vacuum about the living room and kitchen
  • I think Supernatural is new tonight

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i organized some bills, placed some orders, washed the dishes, scooped the litter boxes, took out the trash, moved two 2 lb vacuum sealed bags of (boneless) pork cubes to the fridge to thaw (will be making a double batch of braised pork ragu on saturday, will freeze half of it), and washed and sterilized 12 canning jars and lids/rims.

i'm hoping to sit back and read a book for a while this evening, then watch some tv.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I forgot my lunch this morning. Got into work, set everything down on my desk, opened my fridge to put stuff inside and....there was nothing to put inside. Crap. :sigh:

Last night was the last bowling night until the season starts back up again. He no sooner got home than the skies opened and it poured pretty much the entire night long. I think most of the rain is over for now. I can't believe that we are still in drought mode around here as much rain as we've had this spring.....but our drought was simply horrible last fall, so it's going to take a lot of rain to get back to normal.
  • Breakfast for the kids, (I forgot to run the dishwasher last night....now that we're not running it right before we go to bed, it's become my job to turn it on around 7:00 or so and I keep forgetting), made the bed, scooped the boxes, grabbed my shower
  • I have a GYN appointment this morning
  • I think I'm going to work over lunch and leave early this afternoon. It's Friday and.....well, it's Friday. :woohoo:

Last edited:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I forgot my lunch this morning. Got into work, set everything down on my desk, opened my fridge to put stuff inside and....there was nothing to put inside. Crap. :sigh:

<snip>
...(I forgot to run the dishwasher last night....now that we're not running it right before we go to bed, it's become my job to turn it on around 7:00 or so and I keep forgetting)...
<snip>
can you set the timer, like on the kitchen stove, to remind yourself? i use the range timer a lot, partly because it doesn't stop beeping until i get up and turn it off.

today is granola baking day here!!! i'll be baking two batches of it, cooling it completely, and then sealing it in vacuum sealer bags -- will be for this summer.

i'll also wash the dishes, scoop the litter boxes, take out the trash, and wash and sterilize more canning jars and lids/rims.

i'm hoping to read a book today, wasn't able to do that yesterday.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Laundry. Finger crossed for no random leaking again:crossfingers: There's 12 minutes left for the first load and so far no leaks :woohoo:

I'm expecting a phone call from the company that handles worker's comp for work. I'll give the person a call later if I still haven't received a call back. My wrist is better but still sore. Doing constant repetitive motion all day long isn't helping.

Need to check work emails. I need to review the resumes for two candidates who are vying for the supervisor position. Not really sure how I feel about working with a supervisor was was still in high school when I graduated from college :ohwell: Then I need to spam most everyone in my address book because I'm trying to get a team together for this year's walk challenge at work. I have one other person so far and need 5 more.

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
  1. Cruddy weather today for my walk.
  2. Apple is the worst company for phone support. Very hard to find their phone number online & you wait forever to speak to a customer rep.
  3. Heat on in the master bedroom & wondering why my kitties haven't joined me yet.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, made the bed, Rick will scoop when he gets back up from his nap
  • Errands this morning: banking, Target, Lowes
  • Vacuum and dust in the living room, wipe the kitchen and bathroom
  • I want to bake something, but I don't know what I want to bake.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i've got a few things to do, but it shouldn't take as long as yesterday's (all day, and right up to bed time). i'll make the double batch of braised pork ragu, 'tour' the house with the vacuum, sterilize the canning jars and lids/rims (got them washed yesterday, but cut myself some slack and didn't push myself to sterilize them -- at 11pm last night), make a batch of jello, take out the trash and recycling, make some more freeze dried chicken treat 'toppers' for the cats, walk over to the post office to get the mail, wash the dishes, and scoop the litter boxes.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I finally got to see The Martian last night; we had a free HBO/Cinemax weekend and the movie was shown. I really liked it. I had read the book quite a while ago and enjoyed the book, too. Excellent movie, if a bit far-fetched. Matt Damon was really good. And I didn't fall asleep! Not once!
  • Breakfast for the kids, stripped the bed, Rick will scoop when he gets back up from his nap, I had done the dishwasher thing last night because I didn't want to deal with it this morning.
  • Separated three loads of laundry and am working on the second load now.
  • Must fill spice jars (I used the last of my dry mustard, Hungarian sweet paprika, and ground pepper in a recipe for BBQ spare ribs last night when I made the dry rub, so jars must be refilled this morning)
  • Clean out my "plastic" cabinet and take the quart freezer containers to the tote in the basement. Every time I open that cabinet, things fall out and I stand there and mutter to myself.
  • Manicure tonight. Last month I had broken a nail, so I cut all my nails back. Since then, I've been using a nude pink color on my nails and I'm ready now for something bright.
Hoping for an early night tonight; have my mammogram bright and early tomorrow morning.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i'll move the containers of braised pork ragu to the freezer, clean and sterilize more canning jars/lids/rims (i'm pacing myself), pre-measure the dry ingredients for the snickerdoodle cake (aka, cinnamon-sugar cake), wash the dishes, scoop the litter boxes, and take out the trash.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Happy Monday! We did not want to get out of bed this morning.
  • Breakfast for the kids, scooped the boxes, made the bed, grabbed my shower (emptied dishwasher last night because I knew I'd be rushing around to get to the hospital this morning), put gas in the Tucson
  • Had my mammogram at 7:00 this morning, pretty much in and out. Should get results later on this week.
  • Grocery shopping tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.