Name three things - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Rick and his buddy are leaving shortly to bowl this weekend; he'll be back sometime late Sunday afternoon. The Beast is down at the kennel, so it's just me and the girls for the weekend. I can't do much because of my knee and that brace, so I may take it a bit easy this weekend. I went to the library yesterday, took out three books and I've also got the Nook, my iPad, and the Kindle, so I don't lack for reading material.
  • Breakfast for the kids, scooped the boxes, hanging out on TCS for a while while I drink my morning coffee
  • Must do the banking; Rick did part of it last night when he took The Beast to the kennel. I need to deposit some money into the checking account this morning. Must hit Target to pick up meds. Grocery store to pick up a few things. Take some stuff down to the recycling center.
  • Vacuum, dust, wipe down the kitchen and bathroom, shred some paper stuff
  • The electrician is coming in early next week to replace our circuit box and breakers. We've been meaning to have this done now for a while and haven't gotten around to it and I told Rick that I really don't think we should wait any longer and he agreed. This house is more than 30 years old and I think this is important. But that means that somebody has to go downstairs and get all the stuff that's in the way, out of the way, to give the electrician more room to work. I promised him that it would be done and, since Rick isn't going to be around this weekend, that means I have to do it. I'll be careful because of my knee. And while I'm at it downstairs, I'm going to do a quick vacuum and general cleaning there. (I usually do that when Rick is gone because well, it's just easier to do it when he's not around.)
  • A quick shower, ice on my knee, and an early bed time to read for a while
So that will be my day today. Maybe I'll just get it all done today and take it easy on Sunday. 

BTW, that $150 to care for The Beast? He admitted he didn't mean it. It's only $20 a day to kennel her, so it's cheaper for him to just do that than it would have been for me to deal with her. He just wanted to see if I'd bite. And I didn't. No way was I dealing with her every time I came home from running errands or whatever. Not enough money in the universe. Although I've been dealing with her during the week, since Rick has OT. She's not been too bad, but then again, it's me she's dealing with, not Rick. I'm not as lenient as Rick is. I don't have time to deal with her stupidity.

Last edited:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i washed the dishes, scooped the litter boxes, took out the trash and recycling, then made the coconut cream pudding (homemade) and dealt with the plain yogurt (it didn't work well in my ranch dressing mix, disintegrated quickly into liquid, and i prefer to use mayo with some milk to make the ranch dressing) -- drained some liquid out of it using a strainer and coffee filter, then added and mixed in some vanilla extract, powdered sugar, and ground cinnamon......really very tasty this way!

this evening i'll watch either a movie or some tv shows, and likely will read for a while.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I spent more time than I planned in the basement yesterday. Got that corner all cleaned out, swept and washed the walls down, washed the windows. The electrician has plenty of room to work around there now. And while I was down there, I figured I'd check out the freezers and ended up cleaning them out.  I ended up tossing some old vegetables out on one of the composting piles (anything that was older than 2015 went to compost; there wasn't much really. Two freezer bags of green and wax beans, some broccoli (from 2013!), some chopped green peppers, all from 2014). Somehow they got lost in the "freezer shuffle". It happens sometimes. We still need to get the freezers defrosted and washed down in the next couple of months, especially if we're going to put a garden out this year. So we still need to do some major eating from the freezer, particularly for meats and chicken now. I don't think there's anything in there that's older than 2015. And the meats are all done in FoodSaver bags; they still look fine. 

So then I did a good vacuum downstairs and a bit of a dusting throughout. Our basement is very cluttered; we're hoping to have a yard sale at my sister's Community Yard Sale this May to get rid of some of the clutter. I have some exercise equipment that we'll try to get rid of: an AB lounger, the Cardio-Glide. Sometimes if it's cheap enough, somebody will buy it. And if we put FREE on it, somebody will definitely take it.
  • Breakfast for the girls, ran the dishwasher this morning, scooped the boxes
  • Working on laundry now
  • Didn't get to the vacuuming yesterday, so will do it today as well as a quick Swiffer
  • Manicure tonight
Rick will be home sometime mid-afternoon today. That means The Beast will come home around 5:00 or so. It's been quiet here this weekend; when I ran errands yesterday morning, I came home and it was nice and quiet. Muffin has been eating her meals in the kitchen with everybody else. The gate in the hallway has been open and the cats are coming and going as they choose. I awakened last night and found all five cats in bed with me. First time in a long time because Ms. Pepe can't jump over the closed gates....she's too old now. Since the gate was open last night, she found her way back to the bedroom and crawled into bed. It was nice. 

And, for some reason, the cats let me sleep in this morning until 6:00. Unheard of! Amber was muttering around 4:00; I told her to knock it off...and she did. Rolled over and went back to sleep. And then around 6:00, they all came back and said, "OK! Enough! We want food!" 
 And I said, "Allright, already! Slave-drivers, all of you!" And got up and gave them breakfast. And then we all went back to bed again until around 8:00 when Rick texted me. 

Last edited:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
And another work week begins. Crap. 

Rick brought The Beast home from the kennel yesterday. All the cats were lounging out in the living room when the truck came up the driveway. Rick opened the truck door and, right away, all we heard was screaming. Tabby growled and took off to the bedroom. I think Muffin beat Tabby to the bedroom; man, she was gone quickly.  Mollipop stayed in the living room, but when Jackie came up the steps, Molli hissed at her, took a quick swipe at her, and then she took off to the bedroom, too. Muffin had her breakfast in the bathroom this morning; she didn't want to deal with the dog at all.
  • Breakfast for the kids, scooped the boxes, made the bed, general clean-up although there really wasn't much to do, grabbed a shower
  • Put gas into the Tucson on my way to work, just came back from dropping off the Cruiser's key at the garage, so the guy can haul him in on the roll-off and see what happened (he told me a couple things that it could be, but until he actually looks at Clarence, he doesn't know....and I get that)
  • Must work on a grocery list sometime today, so we can grab a few groceries tonight
And that will be it for today.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

And another work week begins. Crap. 

Rick brought The Beast home from the kennel yesterday. All the cats were lounging out in the living room when the truck came up the driveway. Rick opened the truck door and, right away, all we heard was screaming. Tabby growled and took off to the bedroom. I think Muffin beat Tabby to the bedroom; man, she was gone quickly.  Mollipop stayed in the living room, but when Jackie came up the steps, Molli hissed at her, took a quick swipe at her, and then she took off to the bedroom, too. Muffin had her breakfast in the bathroom this morning; she didn't want to deal with the dog at all.
  • Breakfast for the kids, scooped the boxes, made the bed, general clean-up although there really wasn't much to do, grabbed a shower
  • Put gas into the Tucson on my way to work, just came back from dropping off the Cruiser's key at the garage, so the guy can haul him in on the roll-off and see what happened (he told me a couple things that it could be, but until he actually looks at Clarence, he doesn't know....and I get that)
  • Must work on a grocery list sometime today, so we can grab a few groceries tonight
And that will be it for today.
Yeah I agree. Crap.

The vet's office that I board our beast at is closed on Sundays so when she's there I have to wait until Monday to get her. 

Molli sounds like Lilith. She does the same thing sometimes. She has taken a few swipes at the dog. They mostly ignore her though. They HATE it when she screams. She's not as bad as she used to be but then again, she'll be 15 soon. 

I hope things go well with Clarence. I had my own car issues last weekend. The truck wouldn't start. I had to get a jump start from AAA and took it to my regular mechanic. I knew the front brakes were on the way out so I had those replaced along with the battery, an oil change, air filter, windshield wipers and.... tires. They were down to the tread...  grand total? $1,495. I was expecting it to be around $1K without the tires so it wasn't that bad. Truck tires are expensive. I cashed out 2 of my balances from my survey accounts to go towards it. That was $360 so it came closer to what I had expected. I'm glad it's all done now. 

Last edited:

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
[quote name="Winchester" url="/t/332024/name-three-things-2017/300#post_4250517] ran the dishwasher this morning
[/quote]

All right! [emoji]128526[/emoji]

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
  1. When I was in the business world, I hated Mondays with a passion. Strangely enough, I still dislike them. No idea why.
  2. Monday walk downtown.
  3. That's it so far. Stumbled upon this British series on Netflix. Will watch more episodes later. Escape to the Country

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I'm not overly fond of Mondays at all. It's a long way to Friday. And even longer to 4:00 in the afternoon on Friday. It's terrible to wish one's life away, but I'm always ready for the weekend.

Whoa, @Kat0121, that's a lot of money. At least you knew it was coming, so you were prepared. Tires are expensive, period. We put new tires on the Tucson and on Clarence two years ago. Holy crap. We have AAA and I probably could have gotten them to take Clarence to the garage, but Les said he'd just do it.

Clarence made it to the garage and I'm waiting on a call about his diagnosis. Seems funny to come home and not see him parked.

The dishwasher pump seems louder than it did; we don't know why. But, other than that, it's working well. 
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, scooped the boxes, made the bed, and grabbed my shower
  • A meeting with a surveyor this afternoon, although it may be postponed because of the rain (I brought my Sloggers and a pair of jeans, just in case I have to go out and tromp around in the mud. It's actually kind of fun to go tromping around in the mud sometimes. And the Sloggers are just hosed off after I'm done.)
And that's pretty much it. I keep thinking I have a hair appt, but nobody has texted me a reminder. I may have to call Ulta today.

Last edited:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I'm not overly fond of Mondays at all. It's a long way to Friday. And even longer to 4:00 in the afternoon on Friday. It's terrible to wish one's life away, but I'm always ready for the weekend.

Whoa, @Kat0121, that's a lot of money. At least you knew it was coming, so you were prepared. Tires are expensive, period. We put new tires on the Tucson and on Clarence two years ago. Holy crap. We have AAA and I probably could have gotten them to take Clarence to the garage, but Les said he'd just do it.

Clarence made it to the garage and I'm waiting on a call about his diagnosis. Seems funny to come home and not see him parked.

The dishwasher pump seems louder than it did; we don't know why. But, other than that, it's working well. 
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, scooped the boxes, made the bed, and grabbed my shower
  • A meeting with a surveyor this afternoon, although it may be postponed because of the rain (I brought my Sloggers and a pair of jeans, just in case I have to go out and tromp around in the mud. It's actually kind of fun to go tromping around in the mud sometimes. And the Sloggers are just hosed off after I'm done.)
And that's pretty much it. I keep thinking I have a hair appt, but nobody has texted me a reminder. I may have to call Ulta today.
Yes tires are expensive. My regular mechanic gave me a good price on them though. He originally quoted me $916 for them. They are Michelins. When I got the bill, he actually charged me $865. When I first started driving it after DH passed, his dad put tires on it for me and paid $1100. He's the type that will go to the first place he sees though. I think he went to Tires Plus or something. 

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Nasty weather out there, so I'm staying home today.

- Aaron has an interview tomorrow, so I've got to make sure his suit, etc is ironed and looking good.
- gather up some receipts, enter them and pay some bills
- water all the plants

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background

Yes tires are expensive. My regular mechanic gave me a good price on them though. He originally quoted me $916 for them. They are Michelins. When I got the bill, he actually charged me $865. When I first started driving it after DH passed, his dad put tires on it for me and paid $1100. He's the type that will go to the first place he sees though. I think he went to Tires Plus or something. 
sounds like the same tires I have. I have Michelins on my truck. I never owned any other brand. And yep it's not unusual for them to run $200 a piece. I love my Michelins. When I bought the truck there was Uniroyal or some noname brand on here. They were loud and don't remember if they gripped well...I think I just ran them until they were ready..about 6 months. So far I have cut back so much on driving since they jacked the gas prices up. I was shocked to see I only ran about 18,000 miles last year. Usually I put 40-50K miles a year on the vehicle cause I like to go joy riding but the weekends I wasn't working-I would park my truck and not go anywhere...hopefully this summer I get rid of that bad habit cause I really need to go back to doing things instead of being house bound so much.

Three things:

Yesterday

Pay rent at my book booth

Drop off more books-let them know I will be liquidating everything since my source of cheap books has dried up. Planning to get rid of it this winter. I don't make any money. I just enjoy passing books on to others but if I can't locate any new material then what's the point? That really makes me mad. Some stores jacked up prices and now they can keep the stupid things. Greedy second hand thrift stores get everything for free anyways. But what do I care if they want to rip people off?  rant over.

shovel the walkway for the cats-did about 30 minutes of this.

make dinner-rather instructed Jon how to assemble the salad while I was shoveling=he DID it! (maybe he is trainable!- I need to train him to cook now!!! )

Honeybee needed her puffs

scoop cat boxes

Finally relax

Today

Pumps meds this morning-she's got a cold and has been sneezing so I need to order more Lysine.

Ointment in her eye because she's blinking it a lot again-no redness in the inner lid-she really hates it when I do this-for some strange reason she's always been super sensitive with me touching her eyes/nose for the entire time I have had her 14 years. If it doesn't clear up with the ointment we will make an appointment but I suspect it's that herpes virus=everyone has been sick in our house last month. First me, then Jon now Pumps and Honeybee. so it's going to be a low key weekend this weekend cause I don't want to get run down.

Tonight

Gym

Grocery shop for some meat. we have potatoes..just need a casserole idea without vegetables for Picky Pants. (I usually make 2 separate ones-one for me-spicy hot with veg and his bland no veggie)

And that's enough.

Pouring rain so no shoveling tonight!

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
For years, I used Michelin tires on my vehicles; it's what my Dad bought, so it's what I bought. I was always pleased with them.

@foxxycat  , when our local library has its annual book sale, the books go for $20 a bag. You can stuff a bag as full as you can and pay $20. People from used bookstores come from out of state to buy books and then they take them back and re-sell them, at much higher prices.  Good luck with your kids; I hope they feel better soon. And I hope you'll be OK, too. It's pouring rain here, too.

My BIL just texted; he's on the lookout for semolina flour. I keep telling him to hit our natural food store, but he doesn't like the store owner (and yeah, the owner is a bit of an arrogant so-and-so sometimes). I called over and they have two bags of flour, so I begged them to please hold the bags for me until lunch and I'll run over and get them. And then my BIL will come down tomorrow and pick his bag up here at work. And then I have a bag, too, for me to make some semolina bread. Love a good loaf of semolina. And now that I'll have some, too, I may make semolina bread for Easter instead of the sesame and onion bread. Yum

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
You know, I could go right back home and go right back to bed this morning. 

I drove over to the natural food store and bought two bags of semolina flour, one for my BIL and one for me. He's coming into work this morning to pick up his flour and, in exchange, he's giving me a loaf of sourdough rye bread that he made yesterday. Lord, but I do love a good hunk of homemade bread. 
 I didn't want to take the bread because of the carbs, but I didn't want to hurt his feelings either. He's becoming quite the bread baker and he's pretty proud of himself. 

• Breakfast for the kids, made the bed, and a general straightening-up before my shower. Rick emptied the dishwasher last night and I didn't scoop this morning because we're cleaning boxes tonight for the trash.
  • Separated three loads of laundry to do tonight
  • Trash night

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@Winchester  That would be a LONG drive for this NH woman to go to your area! And how big are these bags? The last time I went to a library sale and filled a bag it was only $3. And I could only fit about 20-25 thick paperbacks in it-the pocketbook size. The larger trades are only about 6 to 8 books. I don't make a ton of money. I used to sell them $1 a book. Now starting this week they are $.60 and then in may I will do a 50% off and each month go up. so ticked off about this. I help many seniors travel a short distance to get books because I make the half hour trip to the treasure trove of bookland but that's now gone. And one lady offered to grab books for me if she can get them $.25 each. Which I took her up on. It's just the principle. This place has hundreds of books but now they want $4 a book.

Anyways last night.

Gym

Take out for dinner

Stopped at Market basket to get: proteins for lunch, salad

Home-ate dinner-put salad together. Jon ate the crust from the pizza but he can't eat sauce that late in the night otherwise it comes back up when he falls asleep-got to find bland recipe to cook for him as heart burn getting worse and he WONT take his prescribed meds!! MEN!!!!

Started sorting laundry

Scooped boxes

Honeybee got her puffs.

finally passed out at 9 and woke up at 11. up till 1am. grr.

today:

meds for kids

scoop boxes

fill their kibble container (it goes stale if I don't put it in smaller containers)

fill water for them

after work=either a gym night or vacuum and pick up. the place is getting dusty. Got to make time to tackle the dust. Soon the spring will be here so I don't have to keep vacuuming and wiping down counters/floors several times a day from dumb forced hot air.

figure out something for dinner-me I am easy. chicken n salad. He's getting sick of salad...grrr. still working on training for cooking.

maybe hell will freeze over first?! He's not as messy as I am...that would be an added bonus.

give Honeybee her puffs and more canned pumpkin. Upped her miralax as it's getting back to where she was...so hard to tell what works cause it takes 2-3 days to work. She's very active still. jumps up and tries to bite stuff on the table and counters. Brat!

Pumps will get her nighttime meds-only do every other day. She really hates it. but it helps keep her comfortable. That's always a battle..hold down cat while squirt horrible liquid in there and then she spits it all over the place..fun!

so that's the plan.

I MAY have the weekend off so I can get started on some of the yard work but we still have a ton of snow out there. or I will continue to shovel it all over the rock wall. 2 feet now. from 4 feet.

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
  1. Rosary Prayer this morning. One lady missed one Hail Mary & I was glad that other people also stumble.
  2. Removed two storm windows today just for the sheer heck of it.
  3. Wrote down a few more Spanish phrases from the Internet in prep for Food Pantry tomorrow. Many of the folks speak Spanish only.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i got the wood stove going, baked a loaf of bread machine bread, baked a batch of granola, and baked two pans of carob chip blondies (will freeze the better part of them tomorrow, for the summer months). then i scooped the litter boxes, took out the trash, and washed the dishes.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Had a t-storm early this morning. I love to lie in bed and listen to the thunder.

Electrician is coming in today to replace the circuit box and do the rewiring. That's something else to cross off our "To Get Done" list.
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, made the bed, general clean-up
  • Hair appt tonight. She put a different brand of color on my hair last month and it looks like the color held up much better. If it weren't for my white stripes (which I use L'Oreal Root Color on anyway), I could probably let it go for another week or so. But it's too hard to get an appt with her and I don't cancel unless I absolutely have to. Then again, there's probably not a lot of fading, simply because I haven't been able to walk the last few weeks and so I'm not outside everyday.
  • Finish the laundry tonight (two loads). Somebody, and we have no idea who, peed on the bed yesterday. I'm thinking that Mollipop cornered somebody and wouldn't let whoever off the bed. And whoever peed. So I ended up washing the comforter, electric blanket, and the sheets. Thankfully we have a plastic cover on the mattress (because of the cats), so that wasn't touched. But I certainly wasn't expecting to have to do all that last night. (To be honest, the sheets didn't seem to be wet or damp; I don't think the pee went completely through. But, you know, I'm just not going there; I stripped the bed down and washed everything. Made for an exasperating evening.)
  • Supernatural is new tonight.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Call the insurance company for another messed up claim. :rolleyes:
pay bills
general straightening

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
We have a new circuit box! And now everything is on its own line. Hopefully that should take care of things around here for a while now. Maybe our dishwashing issues will stop.
  • Breakfast for the kids, made the bed, scooped the boxes, grabbed a quick shower, general clean-up about the kitchen
  • Need to hit the grocery store for raisins and some dried fruit for making my Hot Cross Buns tomorrow. I'll either do it over my lunch break or Rick and I will go tonight after work. I'm never sure what kind of fruit to get until I actually get to the store. You'd think that, by now, I'd know what I'm supposed to buy.
That's pretty much it for my day. I'm hoping to go to bed early and read (for five minutes until I fall asleep
 I don't stay awake long, that's for sure).

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Try to vacuum...didn't do anything last night. Just honeybee's puffs and drive through because I was starving. But I did assemble a salad. Jon didn't touch the pizza=was his favorite kind too.

This morning=cat stuff- meds/cat box and shower.

This afternoon-

Sent emails to the rental--contacted Tripadvisor for refund. It's been 2 weeks I have been messing around with these idiots. Asked them if I don't get a reply for this pet application by Monday then please may I get a refund? And I let them know that another renter has dropped their price and I will only rent from someone who has a review since it's more likely I will actually get a response from them.

Got a bill to pay

Gym after work

Meds for honeybee tonight.

And try again to find time to vacuum.

Work this weekend. fun!

(I am pretty ticked off right now....this rental has been nothing but a nightmare and if  I didn't need the money so bad I would just cancel the trip and just work. I never realized how much of a headache it is trying to find the perfect rental-something secluded without tons of people on top of each other. Anyways maybe they will consider giving me back some of my money!!! I have been waiting 2 WEEKS to get all necessary paperwork!!! I still have to pay the second half but why throw more money at them if they will just ignore me too?!)

Status
Not open for further replies.