Name This Kitten...

GracieMae

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
What would you name these two foster kittens of mine? My kitten Gracie who is about 12 weeks now needs a playmate so these are my two fosters I'm choosing from. They have been with me for weeks now and their mom and sisters found their forever home. They will be leaving to their new homes next week. They will all be spayed and neutered tomorrow.

I thought I could keep gracie as an only cat along with my dogs but she cries when she's not with the kittens. She obviously needs a forever friend.

Attachments

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Why are you naming kittens who will be leaving next week?

Under these circumstances I think I'd probably call them "Thing One" and "Thing Two" (from The Cat in the Hat Knows a Lot About That).

Margret

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Under these circumstances I think I'd probably call them "Thing One" and "Thing Two" (from The Cat in the Hat Knows a Lot About That).

Margret
I think the rest of the litter is leaving.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

GracieMae

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
They're adorable! Are they boys or girls?
Mom had 4 babies. Two girls, two boys. Mom and sister have already been adopted, they cant leave until after they are spayed and have shots. They will be spayed tomorrow and will heal. Then they will be on their way to their forever homes. Both boys have not been adopted. I am trying to choose which boy I will keep.

GracieMae

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She's hard to take a pic of staying still because if I'm in the room mommy follows me all over! It makes my heart rich because when I first got her a few weeks ago she would hide and cry... now she just wants to be where the action is. She's a doll!

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
What would you name these two foster kittens of mine? My kitten Gracie who is about 12 weeks now needs a playmate so these are my two fosters I'm choosing from. They have been with me for weeks now and their mom and sisters found their forever home. They will be leaving to their new homes next week. They will all be spayed and neutered tomorrow.

I thought I could keep gracie as an only cat along with my dogs but she cries when she's not with the kittens. She obviously needs a forever friend.
Awww so cute

GracieMae

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

Margret
I want to quote this because incase anyone googles naming foster kittens...

Its perfectly okay to name your foster kittens, in fact I do so a lot. Vets have to have names for babies they are caring for and will make up a name if you dont provide one.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The white one looks like an Arthur. The gray one I think looks like either a Cletus or Erasmus. I don't know why those names came to me.

tabbysia

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Is there not a way for you to keep both of the boys? I hate to see siblings separated. If I had to pick only one, I would probably keep the gray one and call him Sterling, because of his coloring (which is adorable) and because I have a preference for "S" names. He could also be Grayson. The other one looks like a Sebastian.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Adorable kittens. I would name them Charles and Keith. Can you take both PLEASE? If it was me I'd take both, but in case I'd choose the gray one, and hope the other one would really go to a very good and loving home.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
They are both so adorable. I'm not sure I could choose between them. How about Sherman (Manny for short)? Thank you for taking such good care of this little family.

tabbysia

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
They are both so adorable. I'm not sure I could choose between them. How about Sherman (Manny for short)? Thank you for taking such good care of this little family.
I love the name Sherman, but it makes me think of an orange colored kitten instead of the ones pictured. I guess because it sounds a lot like sherbet, as in orange sherbet.

tabbysia

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Adorable kittens. I would name them Charles and Keith. Can you take both PLEASE? If it was me I'd take both, but in case I'd choose the gray one, and hope the other one would really go to a very good and loving home.
Charles is a very formal name! I guess it would fit the little gray kitten that is wearing a tuxedo.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have always wanted to name two males Jack Jack and Gus Gus (Cinderella mice)
I think the white and grey one looks more like a Jack and the grey one Gus.

GracieMae

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I wanted to say thank you to everyone that offered names! I was so loving the name Sterling! My grey tuxedo needed a stunning name to fit his sweet personality and looks.

I would of kept both boys in a heartbeat but with two small breed dogs and Gracie (cat) I knew only keeping one was my limit.

This way I can still foster some other moms and kittens every kitten season here to keep them out of the kill shelters.

Financially 5 is perfect for us. 2 cats, 2 dogs, one human child entering kindergarten

I kept the grey tuxedo boy because he was the most bonded to Gracie. He adores her and us! He's also very sweet, a purring machine, and outgrew his shyness with my one on one play sessions. Seeing him now you would never know he was a shy kitten at one point.

We ended up naming him George after George Burns and Gracie Allen. It seemed to all fit when while my husband and I were talking about the name George and he staying climbing my curtains to the top like a crazy kitty. At that point "George, George, George of the jungle" fit as well. I think he named himself after he heard George Burns...

Hawkeye as his family named him was adopted to a good home as asecond cat. He will have a forever friend as well.