Name Suggestions For New Kitten!

Blackcat2

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
A35A706E-4B25-4F27-9117-C7A2816C13D8.jpeg
9180A443-8525-473B-A34E-594844A60897.jpeg
Hi!
I have a 7-8 week old kitten I adopted from the animal shelter. I’m struggling with naming her!
I thought all along I wanted to name her “Vera” but I feel like it doesn’t fit her looks. She’s a very sweet kitty that’s attached to me already.

I’m a fan of special unique names you don’t hear everyday.
Any name suggestions? Or what name pops in your head when you see her picture?

Thanks!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Blackcat2

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Saw the big white whiskers and thought of Khera which means whiskers in the Thai language.
Aww that’s cute!

This kitty is so scruffy being a medium hair cat and with such a mischievous look with her markings and all it’s making it even more difficult!

Blackcat2

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Those are all cute names!!
I’ve thought about the name ‘Jinx’ or ‘Jinxy’ since she looks so mischievous and is a black cat overall.

I was thinking of a Japanese name possibly too.

I had to cringingly put the name ‘Vera’ at the vet last week or so. Hope they don’t look at me like I’m crazy for potentially changing the name next time!

I welcome more suggestions!

Blackcat2

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
They won't mind the name change at the vet's. I've made name changes for all my cats. As a friend of mine says, "Cats are all born with a name. It remains for us to figure out what it is."
I didn’t think they would. But still! Lol! That’s a good philosophy on naming kitty cats too

My daughter has suggested the name “Nora” and even “Sugar” — haha she’s barely 3.

This would be so much easier if this kitty was a boy - for some reason I would simply name it “Neko” if it was a boy cat.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is a real beauty!! When I name kitties, I try different ones and see how they respond. Our current kitten (she is a foster fail) was named "Bella" by the person who intended to adopt her but Tillie chose her name herself - I had accidentally called our current dog, Mia, by our former dog's name "Millie". Immediately, Tillie came bounding over! My mom didn't want me to use "Millie" so I tried "Tillie" and the kitten likes it so Tillie it is!
I have read that cats prefer names that end in a long E, A or an X sound.
To me, your little princess looks like such a work of art, the Asian ones suggested previously are very fitting: Sakura (cherry blossom; Khera (whiskers) or Kirei (pretty). But as V vince says, all cats have a name and it's up to us to figure out what it is. My grandson's cat's name went from Trixie to Kiki; my Maine Coon prefers Deetles to JC...even horses have their preferences- our gelding responded to Kessler instead of Duke; our mustang, Chief Joseph, responded only to Joe-Joe.

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, she is gorgeous! I have a soft spot for black cats. Luna was the first thought that came into my mind - if not, how about:

Misty
Midnight
Mabel
Dusty
Shady
Smoky
Ember
Licorice
Cola
Cosima
Eclipse
Kuro (the Japanese word for "black")