Name Suggestions For My Derpy Kitten

kibanamama

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
IMG_20190904_180047913-01.jpeg
We've been calling her Derp, Derpy, Derpina, and Derpana but that's just her nicknames.

Her mom's name is Kibana (after a character named Hibana in my boyfriend's favorite game Rainbow Six, and she was also named after a dog we had to unfortunately re-home named Kibo). We've been calling her mom Kibanamama ever since she became a mom. Cob for short because when she was a kitten she stole a corn on the cob off my plate. We also had a cat named Chibi we got a year before we got cob but sadly he ran away a little less than a year ago. Anyway, we had three Japanese inspired named animals living in the house at once and I'd kinda like to keep the theme going. But I also like Greek names. I want unique names. I don't want to meet another cat with the same names as mine lol. I'd like a name similar to Chibi if possible. Throw some suggestions out there. Heres one picture of Derpy. I'll post more soon.

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In Greek mythology, there was a group of evening nymphs known as the Hesperides. They were also held to be responsible for the golden-orange color of sunsets. Their names were Aegle (meaning dazzling light), Erytheia (the red one), and Hesperia (sunset glow). Any of those could work, but my personal favorite is Hesperia.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kibanamama

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
In Greek mythology, there was a group of evening nymphs known as the Hesperides. They were also held to be responsible for the golden-orange color of sunsets. Their names were Aegle (meaning dazzling light), Erytheia (the red one), and Hesperia (sunset glow). Any of those could work, but my personal favorite is Hesperia.
Very interesting!!! Those names sound lovely