Mystery solved!!!!!

misterwhiskers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Could the eye and sneezes be from scar tissue around her tear duct, or is that a given? Either way she looks so much better. Hoping as the rest of her face grows that it'll pull her enlarged nose more into normal position.

She's so adorable!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

and it's a very loooooong line too. 
    Zander is gorgeous in every way.

Mwahaha, oh yes @GrizzlySapien  , I do believe some kitties do behave in such ways.   Of course Zander may be such a lovely little kitty that she would never do this to her human but, well, Grizzly....  
  hmmmm.

How are the eyes and sneezes today @kntrygrl256  ?
LOL Hugs to everyone but yeah she will stay with me....

I was out of town all weekend, an actual vacation, and boy I was attacked when I got home. I figured she would miss me but she wouldn't leave me. She followed me around the house demanding attention while I was getting stuff out of the car. I finally had to feed her so she would eat and give me a break long enough to get things done. I don't think she ate much and she was right back at my feet. Of course I had to stop and pick her up and love and cuddle her for a few.

I'm not sure if it was me she missed or the fact that I smelled like fish
.  We went on a fishing trip and came home smelling like fish bait and fish. LOL Of course after I took a shower she still loved on me so I think it was me she missed. I think she got even prettier while I was gone.

grizzlysapien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, unless you have a baby Godzilla instead of a kitty, I'd say she missed YOU. 

When you say she got prettier do you mean that her nose is less swollen now? Or you just missed her terribly?? 

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She acted like a baby Godzilla the way she was climbing up my leg to be held LOL.

Oh her nose looks great. I do think she will only have the use of the one nostril though. The other is pretty much closed. That is the eye that waters so I tend to agree with @misterwhiskers  about the damage and scar tissue. Her eyes are clear other than the slight drainage from that one, which is possible it may always do.

I say prettier as in she is almost silver with some darker stripes just over her back. It's like the silver just sparkles like glitter.  I never seemed to notice that before. I'll try to get a good picture but it's not easy because she won't be still, although they don't do her coloring justice.

It was so sweet last night after she ate and I showered she wanted to be picked up and she cuddled under my chin and just let me love and pet on her. Once she had her fill she got down and walked away. She still don't want me looking at her nose and keeps turning her head away, but it looks better everyday.

kittychick

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I so love this story - such perseverance on your part & such a great story of the gratefulness & love they can bring into the lives of those that save them!

Zander is absolutely ADORABLE! And I think I noted before - we have one with sinus damage too-too much scarring and damage. But he's fat and happy, & his snuffling just makes him even more endearing. Isn't it funny how the "flaws" others would see become even more special as we love them even more? :)

grizzlysapien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aw, I was melting while I read how she wanted to be picked up after you showered... 

Can the vet do anything so she can breathe again from that nostril? Is it too late? Does it always happen in these cases? (Do I ask too many questions? You wanna hit me, don't you?) Can the vet do anything about her eye as well??

If you want to photograph her colours, you could do it while she sleeps.. If she sleeps, she won't try to get away.
As long as you are really quiet. 

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
@kntrygrl256    I wonder if Zander's fur has some white tipping to the gray or perhaps translucent tips?   Translucent tips without pigment is what gives the sheen to Mouse's gray fur in photographs (and 'in the fur' so to speak).  Perhaps one day soon she will stay still long enough for you to get a decent photograph of her fur and then we will know!   She is such a pretty kitty, I bet she has no idea how many adoring fans she has around the world. 
  Mind you, perhaps that is a good thing as she already seems to be quite a diva. 

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
@GrizzlySapien  I think she has radar on my because as soon as I walk into her room she wakes up and starts meowing.....I have tried to catch her when she's eating but she even moves then...around and around her bowl. LOL I will see what her doctor says when I take her for her shots. If he don't think there will be a problem I will leave it. It just adds to her personality.

@MServant   I think the tips on her fur is white, maybe translucent, and that's what causes her to shimmer. Whatever it is makes her shine like the star she has become. She is definitely becoming a Diva....

@kittychick  I do remember you mentioning your cat with the sinus issues and the snoring. I hope she don't start, LOL, I'm bad enough. My BF might throw us out on the front porch if we both start. The nose definitely makes her face her own. I love it and she don't have any issues with breathing so that's good. As long as there is no problems I'll leave it alone.

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sooo sweet that Zander missed you so much - and I love that she's feeling well enough to get so passionate about it! :heart3: I swear she looks more stunning in every picture you take of her :love:

Last edited:

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Hope all goes well at the vet and they are happy with how she's doing when you take her along for her shots.  Fingers crossed she is cool with going back along to the vet surgery after having been there before when she wasn't feeling so good.   I think I would do the same and tend not to interfere with anything to do with her nostril unless there was a health concern, she has been through more than enough already in her short life.  Haha, both of you ending up homeless as a result of snoring would not be good though @kntrygrl256  . 

Now I am thinking some sleeping photos when Zander is in some lovely warm, sunny spot would be good - so we can have a good look at the tips of that lovely fur of hers. 

grizzlysapien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

@GrizzlySapien  I think she has radar on my because as soon as I walk into her room she wakes up and starts meowing.....I have tried to catch her when she's eating but she even moves then...around and around her bowl. LOL I will see what her doctor says when I take her for her shots. If he don't think there will be a problem I will leave it. It just adds to her personality.
Well, then.. You might as well have her get used to being photographed, even if she runs away.. She'll get used to it eventually.. I hope! Try have someone photograph you in front of her, just to show her there's nothing wrong and there's no harm..? Maybe try to be photographed with her.. Holding her on your lap or something? Just a thought! 

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My Zander decided she was going to sleep with me last night. She laid on the pillow by my head. My heart just melted because my BF's dog sleeps with us and he usually don't let any of the cats in our room. She snuck in and got by me. He did notice and kept an eye on her which irritated her but outside of a few growls here and there it was a peaceful night.

Looking for more nights with my baby girl to come. 

misterwhiskers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And the fact there was a dog on the bed and she slept there anyway shows she got some gumption!!!! She's going to be the kind of cat my RB kitty Tootsie was. I got her as a teeny tiny runt while still in a colleges dorm. Took her home, first night she climbed the bed. I put her on my fuzzy bathrobe (which she claimed for hers her entire life after). Even after my parents took her home (omg what I put them through, I swear), two weeks later I got home and that cat STILL didn't ever leave my side. Never a lap cat, couldn't pick her up, but she slept next to me and always sat by my her whole life. Slept on my purse, and if there was a pile of folded clean clothes she'd find my pile and sleep atop it like Princess and the pea. Wonderful memories. I'm so happy for you and Zander!!!!

Last edited:

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
And the fact there was a dog on the bed and she slept there anyway shows she got some gumption!!!! She's going to be the kind of cat my RB kitty Tootsie was. I got her as a teeny tiny runt while still in a colleges dorm. Took her home, first night she climbed the bed. I put her on my fuzzy bathrobe (which she claimed for hers her entire life after). Even after my parents took her home (omg what I put them through, I swear), two weeks later I got home and that cat STILL didn't ever leave my side. Never a lap cat, couldn't pick her up, but she slept next to me and always sat by my her whole life. Slept on my purse, and if there was a pile of folded clean clothes she'd find my pile and sleep atop it like Princess and the pea. Wonderful memories. I'm so happy for you and Zander!!!!
Oh yeah as soon as I get home she is right at my feet and when I sit down she's right beside me or behind my head on the couch. She still don't want to be held long but will let me hold her for a few minutes to get in some cuddles when I get home then she wants down. But she follows me around while I'm working around the house.

artyjill

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I find the clumping litter does,t have dust in it, the older litter does and it got in my eyes and make you cough. That's one thing that's improved.

Years ago a vet told me to use  non flagrance baby wipes when my old cat needed cleaning and he said it also makes the kitten clean herself because they don't want it on them so it did two things at once and Abbie always had a good wash after it and she was a Persian.

Jilly

artyjill

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Could someone let me borrow a cat that likes spiders as have a huge one and he is on the  ceiling lol

Jilly