My white cat turned grey after groomer used a blade de-shedder :(

ericanf18

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone!!!
So I have a snowshoe Siamese cat and he had the most beautiful white coat, with some tan mixed in and of course his cute pointed face and legs/tail. Well I got him professionally groomed because I had adopted him in March and wanted to get him a good proper bath to help ease his itchiness and get a good base clean. Worst decision ever. The bath was fine and the people were nice, and Fitz did great! But the groomer used a Sleek Ez blade deshedder on him and as you know pointed cats’ fur changes color based on temperature:( now my sweet boy is like... ALL GREY and brown! Luckily he didn’t do too much of his stomach but literally from head to to everywhere that used to be white or light tan is dark now. Obviously he’s still super cute and it’s not a big deal, but I’m just wondering.. will he ever go back to his old color? :( has this happened to anyone. I will include a before and after pic for your reference. Thank you so much!
D5FE9CB9-26CE-4FFF-B7E9-97EFC280D7EE.jpeg
C387249C-5648-4256-8B2A-5AE545E86393.jpeg
2AEF3BBE-6155-41C7-891E-75E68A10F8EB.jpeg

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pointed cats get darker with age, and when it's warm out. The dark fur was under the white fur; the shedding blade didn't cause the darker fur. His winter coat will be lighter than his summer coat, but darker than last winter's coat, and so on for his entire life. That's just the way his coloring works.

He's very handsome!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ericanf18

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Pointed cats get darker with age, and when it's warm out. The dark fur was under the white fur; the shedding blade didn't cause the darker fur. His winter coat will be lighter than his summer coat, but darker than last winter's coat, and so on for his entire life. That's just the way his coloring works.

He's very handsome!
Oh okay that makes me feel better! I just keep looking at old pics and missing his pretty white fur! But he’s adorable regardless! Thank you :)

mekkababble

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Same thing happened with my colorpoint cat. She used to be beautiful and creamy when I got her in October and now she looks like she's had a good roll in some dirt :)

She's a long hair so I had to use a deshedder for my sanity (and so she wasn't eating too much of her own hair when grooming). Turns out her color change is from sitting on top of the air conditioner. Here's hoping our babies lighten up! (Pun intended)