My Vincie Girl Has Gone To The Bridge

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There is no way to prepare your heart for such a loss, for the huge hole that appears in your life......
19 years is a wonderful long life for a little one, a testament to the care and the wonderful home she enjoyed. But life became a burden, pain that could not be denied, and because somehow you found the strength in your love to end that pain, she is at peace. You took on her pain as your own broken heart. For that she thanks you.
She was in your life for a reason, you were blessed to have known her, and loved her for so many years. Although the pain is so bad right now, it would have been unthinkable to have never known her at all. She shared your life's journey for a little while, and now is called to follow another path. But this path will forever be tied to your own, she will be forever as close as your thoughts and prayers. Send her thoughts of love and gratitude, not sadness and grief. For just as you would want for her if you were the first to go, so she wants for you, to go forward into life and find it's joy and beauty once more. That is what love is......a blending of the heart and soul until it is one, a spiritual binding that can never be taken from you, not even from death. "Death cannot take that which never dies", and you know that to be true.
My heart goes out to you, I know how life altering this can be. How long it takes to mend a broken heart. You have many here who empathize, who understand the unique and personal pain that comes with the passing of a loved one. Use our strength to lean on, to help you through this. To share your terrible burden and help make it lighter. Take care of yourself, you yourself, are loved and needed by those around you......RIP precious Vincie Girl. You will be forever missed, you will have a secure place in a loving heart for eternity. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

Last edited:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Vincie, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on someone's heart forever.

I know it feels as if a part of your self has been violently ripped off. How could it not? Darlin', you've heard me say this before, but I will say it yet again because it is the deepest Truth I know, love does not die, it only changes form and continues on, still Love. And Love abides. Always, forever, Love abides. The best part of Vincie, her love for you is now translated, purified into Love, and remains. When the first shock of this wears off, and you are less raw, you will feel her there.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Vincie, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on someone's heart forever.

I know it feels as if a part of your self has been violently ripped off. How could it not? Darlin', you've heard me say this before, but I will say it yet again because it is the deepest Truth I know, love does not die, it only changes form and continues on, still Love. And Love abides. Always, forever, Love abides. The best part of Vincie, her love for you is now translated, purified into Love, and remains. When the first shock of this wears off, and you are less raw, you will feel her there.
:yeah::heartshape:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm reading these posts and I so appreciate your support. Only here do others really understand. Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 You are so right as it does feel like a part of myself has been violently ripped off. I'm taking it an hour at time, that is all I can do for right now.

Thank you all for your posts; they really mean a lot.

Mia :rbheart:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm reading these posts and I so appreciate your support. Only here do others really understand. Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 You are so right as it does feel like a part of myself has been violently ripped off. I'm taking it an hour at time, that is all I can do for right now.

Just know that probably almost every one of us on TCS empathizes and hopefully cares.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

We've all been there, Mia, so we know how hard it is for you. Your love and affection won't go away, they're just going to a star now. Bless you, and let your heart grieve. :vibes::vibes::vibes:

Jewely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Mia, I am so sorry about your beautiful Vincie Girl. That’s what brought me to this lovely site a few years ago, was trying to cope with the loss of one of my beautiful boys. It helped me in so many ways. You are so loved here. Give Callie Girl some hugs and extra pets.

Leomc123

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Mia 6 i am so sorry to hear your little Vincie Elizabeth Valente passed away today. She is in peace now in heaven with all the fur babies that has passed on :( I am sorry your heart is broken in to many peices but your heart will mend and for everyone it takes time, cry as much as you need to. She is up above in the care of god and the angels is comforting Vincie and keeping her loved and warm.

Vincie loves you as much as you love her and she will be with you and cal until you meet with her when it is time. Dont be supprised if you see signs around during the time of your healing because it is vincie looking after you and cal. Look after cal as she will be missing vincie as much as you do. I just wanna give you and cal a big hug.

You are in shock and it is normal, because in your mind and in my experience i never imagined there would be a day where we have to make that decision for them. When our fur babies are sick such as cancer, we still do our best to make them well again and think we will be able to cure them, we have that hope in our hearts that every day isnt going to be the day as we can fight it. And there is nothing wrong with being very hopeful and having faith that they will pull through it and be ok.

The worst part of it is being the one to decide for them that this is day to let go, we know it is being kind to do this for them, because letting our fur babies suffer isnt an option. We want them to live forever, because that is how much you love Vincie. Vince has been with you for 19 years so she has been a big part of your life for so long, she had a wonderful life with you and you with her.

It is a shock so be gentle to yourself to know that even if you made that decision for her you did this in the kindness of your heart and you were brave. I know there is a big hole in your heart you feel and know that she isnt there anymore , because of a decision that had to be made and i know my words wont change the fact that she is gone, but she isnt suffering anymore and that is the main thing.

Last edited:

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for your support as I really need it. I saw the flashlight on the kitchen table this morning and burst into tears. That was one of the ways I communicated with my girl as she was deaf. My poor Cal keeps looking for her. I want to put her on my lap but it hurts because she weighs so much. She is now sitting in my chair on the deck looking for the Vincie girl.

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
I am very late to this but I wanted to say I am so sorry for your loss, you did so good if she lived that long but no length of time is ever enough. But if we keep them in our hearts and memories they are never truly gone...

"Their last breath on Earth is their first breath in Heaven" :rbheart:

I am sorry for your loss, I hope that your heart heals a bit more each day, God Bless......:alright: :grouphug2: :rbheart:

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
I am very late to this but I wanted to say I am so sorry for your loss, you did so good if she lived that long but no length of time is ever enough. But if we keep them in our hearts and memories they are never truly gone...

"Their last breath on Earth is their first breath in Heaven" :rbheart:

I am sorry for your loss, I hope that your heart heals a bit more each day, God Bless......:alright: :grouphug2: :rbheart:
Thank you so much, les.

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 , I don't have the words to express my pain properly for the loss of your precious Vincie.
She gave years and years of love, it is normal that now you are feeling lost, because that source of love, that ever brighting light, is gone.
Vincie, now, is shining up there, shining forever, and she's still pouring down her love to you, only that you can't feel it because that love has changed form and now it's pure energy. She wants you to take this energy to keep going, to keep feeling strong even without her by your side.

RIP Vincie, you were, and will be loved.