My used MacBook has an interesting feature

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So, I went on Craig's list this past May and found a used MacBook for sale. I love my iMac and I was looking for a laptop. The reason was that my apt. doesn't have a/c and summers here can have temps over 100. So, I wanted a MacBook so that I could spend afternoons at my health club with wifi and not be hot.

Hmm....Turns out that the summer was cooler than normal. Turns out also that my MB has an interesting "feature." It randomly moves the cursor around. So, I mayetg something like this when I type. I am a big fan of undo typing.

Why do I put up with this? It is because I like to have the TV on when I am on TCS. My wonderful iMac is in my bedroom with a TV but it has a weak connection to Comcast due to the apt. The HD TV in the living room works just fine. So, I have the MB in the living room and live with quirky cursor.

Sigh. I am a slave to technology. Oh! The price of the MB was quite cheap. What is that saying again?

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by butzie

So, I went on Craig's list this past May and found a used MacBook for sale. I love my iMac and I was looking for a laptop. The reason was that my apt. doesn't have a/c and summers here can have temps over 100. So, I wanted a MacBook so that I could spend afternoons at my health club with wifi and not be hot.

Hmm....Turns out that the summer was cooler than normal. Turns out also that my MB has an interesting "feature." It randomly moves the cursor around. So, I mayetg something like this when I type. I am a big fan of undo typing.

Why do I put up with this? It is because I like to have the TV on when I am on TCS. My wonderful iMac is in my bedroom with a TV but it has a weak connection to Comcast due to the apt. The HD TV in the living room works just fine. So, I have the MB in the living room and live with quirky cursor.

Sigh. I am a slave to technology. Oh! The price of the MB was quite cheap. What is that saying again?
"you get what you pay for"??
x

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If sounds like you don't have all the Apple software updates, so go ahead and install them all. I also found this info that might help. If that doesn't work or if you have other questions, a great site for Mac help is Mac-help.com. The helpful people there can definitely help solve your MacBook problem.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SwampWitch

If sounds like you don't have all the Apple software updates, so go ahead and install them all. I also found this info that might help. If that doesn't work or if you have other questions, a great site for Mac help is Mac-help.com. The helpful people there can definitely help solve your MacBook problem.
I do install the updates but thanks for the website. I bought the more expensive os update to take my iMac up to the current os without having to back it up. Everything was fine except the update wiped out my address book.
I called up support and the woman found a novel way to restore it. I was very impressed and this comes from me who spent a significant amount of time supporting million dollar systems. I love Apple.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I found the solution to my Macbook problem. I have to hunt and peck with my hand in a splint so I type much slower. No more funny cursor movements. Guess my keyboarding skills are too fast for my used lady.