My uncle's cat was shot with an Arrow!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

firefly*21

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thank you..

She's ok for now, but the vet says she's not out of the woods yet. She's on antibiotics and pain killers now. The thing we have to watch for most is infection.

menagerie mama

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just heard about it on the news, and I am taping it right now so I can be here with you guys.
That is horrible,
I will watch the report soon. Of coure, being a cat person like we all are, the story started out with something about a tabby, and I was like, "That's not a tabby, that's a tortie!!!"

I will pray for her safe recovery.

firefly*21

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by menagerie mama

I just heard about it on the news, and I am taping it right now so I can be here with you guys.
That is horrible,
I will watch the report soon. Of coure, being a cat person like we all are, the story started out with something about a tabby, and I was like, "That's not a tabby, that's a tortie!!!"

I will pray for her safe recovery.
Ya, she's a torti. I must not have heard them say that..cause I don't remember it.
Did you see the arrow? Isn't that just awful!?

grr..some people

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sending get well vibes to your family and the cat (what is her name??) from me and my herd.

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here's a news story on it:
http://www.local6.com/news/9395532/detail.html

How did your Uncle find Phoebe (Feebe?) or did she come all the way home with the arrow in her? I hope she recovers well! Get well NOW phoebe!

And well, we all know how we feel about whoever did this (or let a young child be unsupervised with a bunch of arrows...) and I can't say it nicely.

chichismom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was soooo angry when I heard the story on the news
and the poor little kitty is so gorgeous. I feel so bad for your uncle
thats just awful. I hope kitty can make a full recovery
sending many healing vibes to your uncle and Pheobe {{{}}}

firefly*21

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It's Phoebe (i misspelled it)...I think he said he saw that she was acting weird and when he looked more closely he saw that something was wrong and immediately rushed her to the ER.

The authorities are taking it very seriously. They say it's an extreme case of animal abuse..which is true. I'm hoping they catch the person who did this..or they fess up (which most likely won't happen).

Thank you for the kind thoughts everyone.

It will be on Insider Edition sometime soon! So watch for that. She's still stable and doing good. Thank God. ^-^ I'll keep you all posted on her condition.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your uncle should make sure this gets posted on pet-abuse.com too.

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG that poor kitty, I hope they get the evil person who did this because if they could do that to a defenseless kitty then they are capable of great evil towards people as well and I am glad the authorities are taking it seriously. I am sending get wells to Phoebe and God Bless your uncle for being such a good furdad. Love and Hugs, Gail

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It takes a really evil person to do something like that!
If I caught a guy doing that, there's a good chance he'd get severely beaten within an inch of his life.

firefly*21

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well, she's going home tonight..so that's good news! :yes: I'm glad she made it through the whole thing. When my grandma told me about it I immediately thought she had passed away...I very surprised that she was alive.

Even if it was by accident the person should have come forward! I mean who leaves a cat like that? She walked home..maybe the person thought she would die and never be found? Whatever the situation that's no excuse for what has happened.

sibohan2005

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I was young we had a cat named Smokey, One day he came home and we noticed he was bleeding, we couldn't find where he was bleeding from. We too him to the vet and found that he had about 60 pieces of buckshot under his skin. He was shot by a shotgun, we don't know where the vet said if he tried to remove the pieces it ould most likely kill him. The vet gave him antibiotics and told us he should recover. Smokey lived another 6 years. I think Smokey must have been in the wrong place at the wrong time. As all of my family are competitive shooters and none of us were shoting that day I assume it was an accident. If it hadn't been i'm sure whoever did it would have tried to shoot him again. It's amazing how resilliant some animals are.

firefly*21

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Update with pics!

Here's Feebe when she got home. She was so loving and sweet it was hard to imagine anything had happened to her.
She's doing good now. Eating, using the litter box, playing, and all the other things kitties do. We are still watching for an infection, but I imagine she's ok now.
She is really wanting outside though..but my uncle's not letting her. That's good...anyway..here are the pics...

Eating some food..finally :]

You can see all the places she was shaved here..the one on her leg was for the IV

Sitting pretty ^-^

Coming over for a petting...

I would just like to thank everyone for all the prayers and vibes! She truly is a miracle cat and it is amazing she is here with us today.

sanctie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww, what a pretty little girl she is! She has such kind eyes, it is heartbreaking that someone intentionally hurt that sweet little doll!

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I couldnt open this thread untill now, but im glad i did! thats so horrible what happened, she is such a beautiful kitty!

I hope she can live with your uncle for many more years and that nothing happens to her ever again!

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for the update! I hope that Phoebe continues to heal & thrive. I understand how difficult it will be for Phoebe to become content to be inside, but maybe you could help create a cat playground for her. KMart is selling these cubes called "Cat Play Cubes" for $3.99 - they are collapsible nylon cubes with holes on 3 sides, and can be attached with enclosed velcro strips, to redesign the configuration, to keep the arrangements new & interesting.
And good luck to your uncle on his move to CA. Here's the website for the state, which has tons of both useful & fun information & links:http://www.ca.gov/state/portal/myca_homepage.jsp.