My uncle's cat was shot with an Arrow!!

firefly*21

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My uncle's cat Feebe got shot with an arrow today!
It went right through her chest and came out near her rearend. My uncle said the tip looked as if it had been cut off...like someone was trying to hide it. Amazingly she is still alive and just woke up from surgery later this evening. He said she recognized his voice and was sitting up...so that is a good sign. He's trying to find the person who did it. I mean it could have been a child that got shot! -shakes head- It's so sad. She was is the friendliest cat. I want to know what kind of person would do something like that? It was on the news and I tried to find it online for you guys to see the x-ray, but I couldn't.

I just hope she makes it..poor thing.

Did anyone is St. Louis happen to see it on the 9:00 news?

jazmynn

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
OMG What kind of horrible person would DO THAT? My thoughts and prayers are with your uncles cat!

katkisses

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
HOLY COW!

That would make me go INSANE! I hope they find the person who did it and punish him!!! I am happy she is doing well after all that! She is very lucky!

Poor kitty- )))get well vibes(((

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

firefly*21

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thank you for the kind words.

My grandma thinks some guys were drinking and shot the cat for target practice. There is someone over where he lives that has an archery setup thing in their backyard, but the person said they didn't do it. I think whoever did it should fess up already to what they did. My uncle is offering a $1,000 reward to anyone that turns the guy in and if he's convicted. He's hoping a friend was with the person and that maybe the friendship isn't worth more than $1,000. :/

It's just a horrible thing to do...and the person should be punished.

I just hope she lives.

horatio

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
good lord. thank god the cat survive the ordeal. i guessed they were right abt cats having 9 lives... phewww....

nerelda

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm so glad the kitty is doing well. I sure hope they find whomever is responsible and punish him!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cats can survive some pretty intense surgery. Several yrs ago Ox had a round wound on his side the size of a quarter. Surgery was done-no damage was found and he hasn't had problems. As for some of my other cats they weren't so lucky.
What kind of damage did it do???

jamasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sending Prayers and {{{{{Get Well Soon vibes to Feebe}}}}} and
{{{{{HOPE YOU GET SHOT WITH YOUR OWN ARROWS VIBES}}}}} to whoever did this

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is terrible!!
Poor poor kitty.....I sure hope you guys can find the worthless excuse of life that did this!!
And btw-whoever your uncle confronted about this, isnt going to fess up....unfortunately.

3calicos

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
People are awful and terrible creatures... I wish they weren't. The thought process of someone like this baffles me... I hope they get shot with an arrow themself... evil poopy jerk heads.

firefly*21

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thanks again everyone...

I just found out it went through 2 places in her intestines and her bladder.
She's doing ok now...I will keep you posted.

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Firefly*21

Thanks again everyone...

I just found out it went through 2 places in her intestines and her bladder.
She's doing ok now...I will keep you posted.
Aww-poor baby!! I am sending many prayers and hugs to her, and your uncle.

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank God she is OK! What a lucky kitty you have....it missed her vital organs! Maybe if it didn't get destroyed you can take the arrow to the police, I'm sure they could pull prints off of it. It could have been a child....

Wishing your kitty a speedy recovery....

hell603

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh no - glad she is OK!!!! Maybe a good time to consider making her an indoor only baby - that way she will safe!!

firefly*21

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LuckyGirl

Thank God she is OK! What a lucky kitty you have....it missed her vital organs! Maybe if it didn't get destroyed you can take the arrow to the police, I'm sure they could pull prints off of it. It could have been a child....

Wishing your kitty a speedy recovery....
She is very lucky!
The arrow didn't get destroyed (i don't think), but I'm not sure they can take prints off it. My uncle didn't mention that..so..
I know he is doing everything to find this person.

Thank you for the prayers

firefly*21

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Hell603

Oh no - glad she is OK!!!! Maybe a good time to consider making her an indoor only baby - that way she will safe!!
He was actually about to move to CA this July, but it has to be postponed now. He might make her an indoor kitty though..he loves his pets more than anything and hates to lose them or see them hurt.

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's horrible! Something like that happened around here not too long ago. Ugh, people are terrible! I will be keeping her and your uncle in my thoughts.