My two cats are reunited again

briannathecatmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Back in December 2020, my husband and I very suddenly saw our sweet 14 year old Calico aptly named Cali get so sick so suddenly. Within a week, we had to put her to rest due to major kidney issues. Her brother (from the same litter) named Zinger stood by us for the last 9 months to help us heal from her loss and then without warning a month ago he too became ill. Zinger was so strong through the last month and tried so hard to be better for us, but last night we made the decision to end his suffering and with that, I’ve lost the two cats I’ve had since I was 12 (I’m 27 now). These cats have been by my side throughout my adolescence and my young adulthood and have comforted me through some of the worst times in my life. I’m a wreck without them but I’m also so grateful to have known them and that they are back together again probably play fighting each other on the rainbow bridge. Thankfully we very recently adopted two new kittens to love shortly before Zingers illness and they have been helping with this hard time.

Attachments

Natalusky29

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It’s never easy to go through something like this...cats can go deep inside our hearts and fill it with love and happiness... I’d like to believe that wherever they are they’re still watching and protecting us🧡🐈

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a similar situation last year. Lost one cat in February and his sister in May. Both were sudden and relatively unexpected. Your babies are together and are pain free now. Let that ease your heart some.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Oh, no. It's so hard to lose those special kitties who have helped us grow up and get through tough transitions. My heart goes out to you. I'm glad you have a couple of new furry friends to help you through this.

Rest in peace, Cali and Zinger. :rbheart:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They spent their whole lives together and will now be together for eternity........
It's so hard to lose our little ones, the emptiness it leaves behind is only magnified by their being gone from our homes. It takes so long to fill that hole, but you have a good start keeping busy with the two that you now have. Let their love and the caring for them keep your hands busy and your mind occupied, their love will make the love already in your heart even stronger. Every new love resides beside the old, never replacing, that can never be, but building upon what you have learned and received from those two beautiful souls that enhanced your life for so long.
The bond you have with those two will forever be a part of you, forever just a thought and a prayer away. That bond is spiritual, so eternal. To be so loved and missed is a great honor to bestow upon them, they would like for you to go forward into life and live it to the fullest, just as you would want for them if you were the first to go. That is love. There are no truer words spoken then...."do not cry because it is over, smile because it happened".......RIP beautiful Cali and Zinger. You will never be forgotten, you will always have a secure place in loving hearts. May the good Lord bless and keep you until you meet again.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

briannathecatmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
They spent their whole lives together and will now be together for eternity........
It's so hard to lose our little ones, the emptiness it leaves behind is only magnified by their being gone from our homes. It takes so long to fill that hole, but you have a good start keeping busy with the two that you now have. Let their love and the caring for them keep your hands busy and your mind occupied, their love will make the love already in your heart even stronger. Every new love resides beside the old, never replacing, that can never be, but building upon what you have learned and received from those two beautiful souls that enhanced your life for so long.
The bond you have with those two will forever be a part of you, forever just a thought and a prayer away. That bond is spiritual, so eternal. To be so loved and missed is a great honor to bestow upon them, they would like for you to go forward into life and live it to the fullest, just as you would want for them if you were the first to go. That is love. There are no truer words spoken then...."do not cry because it is over, smile because it happened".......RIP beautiful Cali and Zinger. You will never be forgotten, you will always have a secure place in loving hearts. May the good Lord bless and keep you until you meet again.
Wow thank you so much for this, it made me cry but in the best way. I sent it to my husband as well. I appreciate you and everyone in this lovely cat community.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Zinger (and Cali), dream you deep. You walk in someone's heart forever.

This is what I know, to the depths of my being, is true...that love never dies, it only changes form, and continues on, now purified and translated into Love. And Love abides, always, forever, Love abides. That part of both your precious companions is with you still, and will walk with you down through all of your days.

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
They are together again and are just fine, no more sickness or pain, and one day many years from now you will see them again and it will be wonderful.

"Their last breath on Earth is their first breath in Heaven" :rbheart:

I am so sorry for your loss and I hope that your heart heals a bit more each day, God Bless....:alright: :grouphug2: :rbheart: