My tragic month

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I still pray that Kinky is out there somewhere safe. I know that your last sighting of Butters and then discovering the sad outcome must be so devastating. Many of us here are all too familiar with tragedies. I am very glad that you have joined the TCS family; here you will find comfort, encouragement and awesome advice! Always remind yourself that you were doing your best & just think - maybe if Butters ran fast enough, he joined your mom on their journey over the Night Sky Trail to return to the Creator and all those who have passed on and those yet to be born.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Given the instinct of a cat to run from danger, not back into it, I wonder if he may have survived but run far away from the vicinity.

Let me amend my previous post in which I did not switch the reference from Butter to Kinky. I am so sorry if that caused you more upset. I, too, hope that Kinky may have found safety someplace and believe that, given the suvival instinct of cats, he may possibly have.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

wvcatguy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well a little over 1 year later & the stray cats I rescued are doing great. I’m amazed at how well they get along with Lena, my one house cat. My mom would be very happy to see this. (Lena is the Tabby).
F2662929-707D-44B1-9C9E-1D34658617D0.jpeg

wvcatguy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It’s been two years since my home was demolished and I lost two little buddies. I’m haunted all the time by my failure to take care of everyone. I was so devastated by the loss of my mother that I just couldn’t do anything. I think of them often though.

I’ve thought about sending a picture of them to my old landlord. Had he given me some notice, that the house was ready to be demolished, I would’ve gotten all the cats out. Sending him a picture of the cats & another of the demolished home would be a reminder to him. My last conversation with him was as the home was being torn down. He said he didn’t think to tell me. Then I came here tonight & decided not to. He might not have the decency to care & also, I don’t consider myself a vengeful person.

I’m grateful I rescued all the stray cats that my mom looked after but those two are always in my heart. Kinky (black) was always so good. I often said he was too good for me. I’ll always pray that someone took him in and he has a loving home at this moment. Butter (white & grey) I hadn’t given the attention I should have. I had so much going with my mom’s illness and trying to find a place to live. When I sat with him & focused only on him, he shined so much. All this personality just came out. Two absolute angels. The deserved so much better. I love & miss them both.
IMG_2489.jpeg

wvcatguy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Kinky’s sister who I managed to bring inside and Butter’s sister Violet who has a home with my aunt.
IMG_1739.jpeg

IMG_2437.jpeg