My Tiger's breed identified.

esords

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

My Tiger's actual breed has been identified! After some intense research, I found that my little girls historical breed is called Pixiebob. She has a long historical development and a personality description that matches her almost to a tee.
This includes a little bit of Lynx as seen in the tips of her ears. This is very exciting and I will continue to research more in time.

I hope this helps some of all you cat lovers and intices you're interest like it has mine.

Happy New Year all, both two legged and four legged.

Ed, Shadow and Tiger [emoji]128047[/emoji].

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Where did you get her? Pixiebobs are a very rare breed so there's not a very high chance of her having any actual breed background unless you bought her from a breeder. That's the difficulty in trying to identify purebred cats---almost any trait a purebred cat may have can be found randomly in the general cat population. She sure is beautiful, and she sounds like she has a fabulous personality too :D.

Last edited:

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I have to agree with willowy

She is one extremely beautiful kitty :heart3: But I'm not really seeing Pixiebob, I see these cats at cat shows that I attend and the most notable characteristics of the Pixiebob are the deep-set, heavily hooded eyes, well-developed strong chin and of cause the short tail.

They are quite something to see up close, the eyes are amazing they are that heavily hooded that it looks like they are staring at you from under big bushy eyebrows :D

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

esords

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Dear Willowy, The amazing thing is, She found ME! I was sitting on my outside porch and out from under the gap in my wooden fence this small, cute, little kitten came and has stayed ever since. My friend and I feed her, protect her and shelter her - but she is an outside cat. She now is about three to four weeks old. There is a vacant lot on the other side of the wooden fence. Our blessing to have her.

Ed.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Dear Willowy, The amazing thing is, She found ME! I was sitting on my outside porch and out from under the gap in my wooden fence this small, cute, little kitten came and has stayed ever since. My friend and I feed her, protect her and shelter her - but she is an outside cat. She now is about three to four weeks old. There is a vacant lot on the other side of the wooden fence. Our blessing to have her.

Ed.
You cant have her inside?   At this age, its no problem to make her inside only, or mainly inside.   She will also be safer being inside kitty.  As it is now, she is virtually defenceless against any enemy.  Cant even flee effectively.

Even if judging from the pics, she must be older than 3-4 weeks.  At least 6 is she.

Good luck!

esords

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
StefanZ, yes you are correct. I have made an error in her age. She is now about 3 to 4 months old. Sorry for the mistake. I must have been rushing.

esords

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you for responding. I am most likely will be able to bring her inside. She already has been given an invitation to come in and she gladly accepted. She has felt safe enough to back inside several times now. I don't see a major problem with her staying in with me, especially as the temperature drops.

On the 16th of this month she is going to the vet to be spayed. Shadow will follow on the 23rd.
Hap

[emoji]128156[/emoji]。/|\[emoji]128142[/emoji]
。[emoji]9728[/emoji]。 [emoji]127801[/emoji]。[emoji]127769[/emoji]。
[emoji]127775[/emoji]。 [emoji]128525[/emoji]。 [emoji]127926[/emoji]o she will be coming in anyway.

Thanks for asking.

Ed.

esords

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sorry for the technical goof up. I hope you can figure the rest out. I don't know what happened.

Ed.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
She's a beautiful kitten Ed.

Does she have a short tail? I read that Pixie Bobs have a short, bobbed tail like a Manx cat.

I'm glad to hear she's going to be an indoor cat. I'm sure she's going to enjoy having some home comforts in the winter. How about Shadow, does he come indoors too?

esords

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Dear Norachan, Tiger's tail is shorter than others, but is not as short as described in many of the descriptions given in other sources. As with breeds there are variations within that breed.

I am hoping also that she takes to the inside, especially sinceu we are are showing single digit temperatures.

Shadow has yet to see the inside. He is very shy and growing a solid winter coat. After his date with the vet, I will keep him in. We shall see how that goes.

Loving Mickey

Mickey , my heart and soul Angel kitty
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Ed,
I so enjoyed reading about Tiger. She is one adorable kitty! I would love to just hold and hug her. Does she allow you to pick her up? Is she friendly? She sure is lovely!
Glad to hear she seems to like being inside. I hope both Tiger and Shadow will remain inside with you where they will be safe and loved!
The world outside can be very cold and cruel for poor kitties like them. They will both be much happier kitties being safe inside with you!