My Three Little Ladies Say Hello

dreamr

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi there!
I'm Deanna (pronounced 'deena') and I recently adopted three crazy cats from the shelter. I only meant to get one, but I just couldn't help myself. The shelter was having a "buy one get one free" sale, so I got two... but while I was there, I had seen another that I ended up going back to get a few days later. I'm a softy like that. XD

Sugar was the first to come home with me and so now, she thinks she owns the place. She has to always be right where I am and she is the spokesperson when it comes to waking me up in the morning. According to her papers from the shelter, she is a "tortie pt Himalayan", two years old and was a stray, and I wonder if that has anything to do with how different she is from the other two.

Shadow was the next to come home and she is such a character. The shelter claims she is three years old, but she is smaller than the other two and very playful. For the first few weeks, she was the only one who would play with all of the toys I had bought them. She would also run around making noise (batting things down the hallway, etc) in the middle of the night. She has since settled down and will go to bed when I do now. haha

Molly was the third to join the family. She's the one I had seen at the shelter and had originally passed up. The lady had said she was not doing good at the shelter and she was a bit aggressive. However, over the next day or so, I just could not get her out of my head and so I went back and got her. Because of her anxiety, I gave her lots and lots of love and she has become the sweetest kitty. According to her shelter papers, she is six years old and has spent quite a bit of time at the shelter.

Anyway, I'd like to introduce you to my girls:

Sugar:

Shadow: (In her favorite place. lol)

Molly:

A few random pics:

^This was a special moment, as that was the first time
I had seen them sit so close together. I just happened
to have my phone in my hand and snapped a pic!

And I took this last night because I thought it was so sweet:

(It was so difficult to take that picture, since she was lying right up against my back and I didn't want to move and cause her to leave. My arm was bending in all sorts of different ways trying to get a decent shot of it. haha)

Anyway, I have been lurking this site for the past month or so and have learned SO MUCH. Thank you all for all the wisdom you've posted. You are helping me become the best cat mom I can be. <3

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
D dreamr - Well I've certainly never posted any wisdom here, but welcome to TCS, Deanna, Sugar, Shadow and Molly. You have the beginnings of a lovely Family there!

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi Deanna, Sugar, Shadow and Molly. Welcome to the site. That's a lovely trio you have there and they look as if they all get on.
Enjoy looking around the different threads here and keep on posting lots of photos.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
IMG_3290.GIF
Deanna, Sugar, Shadow and Molly, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
IMG_3141.GIF
to the three of you.

Glad that you've adopted your kitties from the shelter and also glad that you've finally joined the site after all the lurking around. Feel free to ask questions and post them under the appropriate forum headings and do check out the many informative articles in the Articles section too.

Sugar, Shadow and Molly are lovely :lovecat::lovecat4: . Do post more photos of them for us to see and there are many threads that you can feature them in and some special threads are Bi-color kitties only! or Tuxedo Cats ;) and you can find more threads to post them in Fur Pictures and Videos Only! showcasing what your kitties are up to.

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to The Cat Site! :dazzler: Thanks for rescuing Sugar, Shadow and especially Molly! And thanks for the pictures. We love pictures!

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Welcome to The Cat Site. :wave2: Sugar, Shadow and Molly are all beautiful. Thank you for adopting them from the shelter. I hope the 4 of you have many, many happy years together. :catrub:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Welcome! What a lovely family you have formed! I'm with you, I'd have had to go back for Molly, too.