My Sweet Pixel is leaving me :'(

Status
Not open for further replies.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Pixel has been lying in the kitchen for most of today. very lethargic, her 3rd eyelids are showing, not eating, barely drinking. she's been having some health issues recently (persisten UTI), & today she just seemed to 'crash' very unexpectedly. i'm fairly certain she's had some sort of TIA - i don't think she can see anymore, her pupils are not responding to light. she still responds to me speaking to her or stroking her, tho. send vibes & prayers that she not have any pain - if this is her goodbye, i don't want her to suffer. she's almost 15 years old. i'll update when there's something to update about.

emilymaywilcha

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
 (((((Laureen)))))

Many people will be praying for and thinking about you in this difficult time after reading this thread, myself included. 

I know what it is like to see a cat "look dead" before it actually dies. That happened to my first cat Emily, who was 12 and had kidney failure. It was very easy to agree with the vet's recommendation she should be euthanized when I heard the diagnosis because it was obvious she had no quality of life left. You would be very wise to let your cat cross the Rainbow Bridge ASAP - but not before learning to accept the fact that is, beyond reasonable doubt, the best thing you can do for her right now. After it is over, you can cry as much as you want and give yourself tons of time to mourn her loss. At TCS, everyone is here to support you.

May your very sweet loving cat rest in peace.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
thank you for your response {hugs}

crickets mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Laureen- Im so sorry.  Pixel is lucky to have a mommy who loves her so much.  Im sending vibes to her and you to get through this with the least amount of pain as possible.  Its never easy.  I have had many losses so I know how you are feeling.  All you can do is be there for her. I will be thinking of you both.

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so sorry Laureen.  Keeping you and Pixel in my prayers today.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
thanks guys - she's still here this morning... i'm not sure what to think. she doesn't seem to have any energy, but she responds to me when i talk to her or pet her, & will sometimes drink when i hold the water (w/ice cubes - her favorite!) up to her mouth. if she makes it thru tonite, we'll see the vet in the morning. i can't think of what they might be able to do for her, but we'll check just to make sure. i'll keep you all posted.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
thank you - she's still hanging in t here. she's not eating, but she is drinking!

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Pixel was one of the kitties I first came to know when I came to TCS.  Praying for you and your girl.

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry to hear this news - Pixel has been a fixture here so long. It is so hard to let go. Keeping you in my thoughts

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Pixel was one of the kitties I first came to know when I came to TCS.  Praying for you and your girl.

I am so sorry to hear this news - Pixel has been a fixture here so long. It is so hard to let go. Keeping you in my thoughts
thanks so much - still hoping she'll make it to the morning, when we can get to the vet - maybe they can figure out the problem.

tjcarst

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thinking fo you and Pixels today.

Is there a 24-hour vet hospital you could visit?  Can you mix some wet food with water and get her to drink a little of food in that manner?

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Thinking fo you and Pixels today.

Is there a 24-hour vet hospital you could visit?  Can you mix some wet food with water and get her to drink a little of food in that manner?
no, not really - i've used the 'emergency' place before, don't like it. tried watered-down chicken baby food - she's a kibble girl, wasn't interested. i even put a small amount into her mouth so she knew what it was. i figure a couple days w/o food won't be a big deal, as long as i can keep her hydrated.

captiva

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so sorry, Laureen.   You and Pixel are in my thoughts

tjcarst

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
If you go to your vet tomorrow, ask for some a/d.  My cat was a kibble cat too, but loved the a/d canned when she was not feeling well during chronic renal failure.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
If you go to your vet tomorrow, ask for some a/d.  My cat was a kibble cat too, but loved the a/d canned when she was not feeling well during chronic renal failure.

thanks, i'll ask about it!

emilymaywilcha

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

What is a/d for? If a cat has CRF it is supposed to eat k/d and they usually don't like that stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.